PDA

View Full Version : strike force if stokes goes? (Merged)

yekimevol
26-08-2010, 11:56 PM
right IF we lose stokes !!!

were gonna need what 3 strikers or are wee gonna really on riordan and nish not getting injured and hope that nish can up his strike rate :grr:

yogi must get all the money from this deal if it happens to bring in some strikers we already are in need of additional numbers up front and losing the top goal scorer from last season aint gonna help :grr:

and btw cant we at least sell him down south and not along the m8 :grr:

anyone got any ideas as to this replacements ?
david goodwillie, john sutton or adam rooney ?

SteveHFC
27-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Leigh Griffiths
Romano Denneboom
Michael Gardyne

Hibstrooper
27-08-2010, 03:50 AM
I would be surprised to see 3 come in even if Stokes were to leave. I think we are looking at 1 if he stays and 2 if he goes. That is unless we take advantage of the loan market and bring in a young premiership striker - I know we were interested in Haber that recently joined St J from WBA.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the players coming in was one of the two that had been on trial recently.

sundo1875
27-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Clarkson
dennebom

Luna Landing
27-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Well for a start I'd recall Kurtis from E Fife

cockneymike
27-08-2010, 08:58 AM
I don't know how much he'd cost, but Ross McCormack is on the market these days, in talks with Leeds at the minute - so probably too high wages, but would be a great player if we could get him. In fact why don't Celtic sign him, and we can hold onto Stokes :greengrin

Before anyone says it, I know mcormack used to play for the huns, but according to wikipedia he's a celtic fan! .:cool2:

The Sea-gull
27-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Get Deek playing wide left in a front three (not wide left midfield yogi - he's not a left midfielder). He was great there a few years ago and maybe he can still do it as he is looking a bit sharper these days.

To play this system we'd need to sign a big striker who is capabale of holding the ball up and bringing in others to the game but also good at getting a few goals himself.

We'd also need a player to play wide right in the three - Ivan Sproule anyone? Zemamma could also play there when he is back fit.

Midfield three De Graff, McBride and Miller though we could maybe do with a strong holding midfielder in there.

One CH required regardless of what happens with anything, two if Bamba goes as well.

Or alternatively and my preffered option, Stokes stays beyond the window.

GreenPJ
27-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Rooney (Adam). I watched him on Wed night when I was up in Inverness on business and he has a lot of potential and all the attributes of a good CF. He is strong, runs the channels as well as holding the ball up in the middle of the park and is very composed in front of goal.

Definitely can take the role of Nish which would allow a two up front and a bit more structure (maybe) in midfield.

Hibs On Tour
27-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Ah'm gettin telt Killen is on the cards for a return... dunno how likely this is to be complete Lillian Gish however! :hmmm:

marinello59
27-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Ah'm gettin telt Killen is on the cards for a return... dunno how likely this is to be complete Lillian Gish however! :hmmm:

Unlikely. Has he not settled in China then?

smurf
27-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Killen? No, no and no again. Far too injury prone.

cockneymike
27-08-2010, 09:24 AM

Unlikely, he only just joined a chinese team a few weeks ago, on an 18 month contract.

Skanko79
27-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Davis Clarkson would be a good signing. We also just missed out on Ross McCormack as he signed for Leeds which is a shame.

Leigh Griffiths would be a good signing as would the lad Rooney who has been mentioned.

If Stokes does go then Hughes must be given the money to SPEND!

3pm
27-08-2010, 09:40 AM
We just missed out on Ross McCormack?! Where did the deal fall down? The £600,000 transfer fee or the £10,000 a week he wants?

snooky
27-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Unlikely, he only just joined a chinese team a few weeks ago, on an 18 month contract.

Bull in a China Shop? :wink:

Skanko79
27-08-2010, 09:48 AM
We just missed out on Ross McCormack?! Where did the deal fall down? The £600,000 transfer fee or the £10,000 a week he wants?

just saying he is the type of player i would like to have seen at e/r had he not moved to leeds. dinny get your knickers in a twist mate.

Baldy Foghorn
27-08-2010, 10:00 AM
What is whith the "IF", its a done deal...........

aberhibsfc
27-08-2010, 10:06 AM
tbh, I am going to be really annoyed if we sell him, especially to THEM and at this stage. It's probably planned on their part to pass funds over late to weaken us.

It better be for really good money and it better have a substantial wedge going back into the team. If that doesn't happen I'm going to have to take a break from all this ****!! It's stressing me out too much. When the f3ck are we going to start being serious about building a team to challenge for trophies?

CRAZYHIBBY
27-08-2010, 10:06 AM
leigh griffiths is desperate to sign for hibs ......said so himself

M11BMO
27-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I would have thought we would have heard more about the boy Biscan who was on trial. Top scorer in the Slovenian league for the team in the Champs League so can't be that bad.

Am I right in saying that Hughes said "he wasn't fit enough" so he would be persuing the deal?

Andy74
27-08-2010, 10:25 AM
When he goes I'd imagine we will go for Griffiths and probably one of the guys we had on trial.

I'd also expect it would free up some cash for the other midfielder he wants, possibly Davidson from St Johnstone.

yekimevol
27-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Leigh Griffiths:greengrin
Romano Denneboom
Michael Gardyne:greengrin

Well for a start I'd recall Kurtis from E Fife
would like leigh and gardyne and kurtis needs to be given a chance

yekimevol
27-08-2010, 10:32 AM
What is whith the "IF", its a done deal...........
it aint on the weggies site nor ours the only thing i can find is this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8948137.stm

and its closing in. from memory have we not said no before when they offerd 500,000

so im waiting for the announcement that they have improved the offer by at least one and a half million. because he was the second highest scorer in the league last season.

M11BMO
27-08-2010, 10:34 AM
I'd like to see us put in a bid for the Motherwell winger, Humphrey. We're screaming out for some width. Everything we do is so one dimensional.

Andy74
27-08-2010, 10:37 AM
I'd like to see us put in a bid for the Motherwell winger, Humphrey. We're screaming out for some width. Everything we do is so one dimensional.

I gather his one good game in the last 12 months was against us.

TowerHibs
27-08-2010, 10:40 AM

:greengrin

M11BMO
27-08-2010, 10:42 AM

Your probably right. :rolleyes:

Let me slightly adapt my earlier statement.

I would like to see us go for a simlilar player to Humphrey. A direct player with bags of pace who sticks to the wing. :wink:

Since Galbraith doesn't seem to be getting a fair crack at the whip.

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 10:43 AM
I'd like to see us do a swap deal with stokes for scotty brown:greengrin

Come on petrie, get it sorted!!!

500miles
27-08-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm not buying the the Biscan deal is totally dead, it's ringing a few of the same bells as Thierry Gathuessi's transfer (will he/won't he). I reckon theres a bit of bluff and double bluff going on, with an eye being kept on Stokes situation.

Hibs On Tour
27-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Unlikely. Has he not settled in China then?

That was ma take on it too. Like I said, it could well be complete pish.

FWIW, after how he dropped us like a hot tattie after we did right by him when he got injured, he can **** right off as far as I'm concerned. Cracking when fit and good scoring record but big injury risk even if it were something that was likely, which its not...

FWIW we've all heard the stories about AS behind the scenes. May be true, maybe not. Who cares. Its on the pitch that matters and he's done it there. If there is a clause and someone matches it and he wants to go, we can't do anything about it so stop grinding yer teeth [those who are - not you] and get on with it. If not, he stays and scores more for us. Can't see the major malfunction either way really. If there is a clause there its likely because without said clause we wouldn't have got AS in the first place after all...]

Hibs On Tour
27-08-2010, 11:51 AM

No sure about that. Had a very close call with death recently I hear... :whistle:

TonyStokeprano
27-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I would have thought we would have heard more about the boy Biscan who was on trial. Top scorer in the Slovenian league for the team in the Champs League so can't be that bad.

Am I right in saying that Hughes said "he wasn't fit enough" so he would be persuing the deal?

Top scorer? everywhere i have looked says he didn't manage a goal last season?

The_Todd
27-08-2010, 07:30 PM
adam rooney ?

Wouldn't be a bad shout, although of course the problem is he's Irish. Once he'd signed for us, he'd be linked with Celtc almost immediately - and they'd almost certainly bid for him at the next transfer window. It's so utterly predictable.

They must have one of the most blinkered signing policies in world football.

PeterboroHibee
27-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Wouldnt mind 2 or 3 strikers coming if Stokes does, maybe the two we had on trial (if hes genuinely interested in them) and Adam Rooney would be a good buy.

Dont want Griffiths at the club, lot of potential but he seems to always be in bother, dont need someone like that at Hibs.

Hainan Hibs
27-08-2010, 07:58 PM
I would however love the REAL Leigh Griffiths blog to include a few Hibs stories with everyone's favourite Jocky "hiya pal" Scott involved:agree:

bandylegs_jLeighton
27-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Thundercats HOOOOO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Todd
27-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Thundercats HOOOOO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're looking for the 80's Kids TV Shows forum?

Andy74
27-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Does everyone know they are making bigtraks again?

DH1875
28-08-2010, 01:19 AM
That was ma take on it too. Like I said, it could well be complete pish.

FWIW, after how he dropped us like a hot tattie after we did right by him when he got injured, he can **** right off as far as I'm concerned. Cracking when fit and good scoring record but big injury risk even if it were something that was likely, which its not...

Are you mental? While I agree it wont happen, to slag him of for the way he left us is a joke. Especially when you look at all the others that have left. The guy was at the end of his contract and all we would offer him was a 1 year contract. Even when that lot came in for him he said he wanted to stay with us if we gave him a longer deal . What would you do? Sign a 1 year contract for buttons or sign a 3 year contract on triple the wage. Remember he had injury problems and had to think of his future/family.
From what I can remember his scoring rate was better than most and he should have been offerd what he was looking for.

Hibs On Tour
28-08-2010, 06:41 AM
Are you mental? While I agree it wont happen, to slag him of for the way he left us is a joke. Especially when you look at all the others that have left. The guy was at the end of his contract and all we would offer him was a 1 year contract. Even when that lot came in for him he said he wanted to stay with us if we gave him a longer deal . What would you do? Sign a 1 year contract for buttons or sign a 3 year contract on triple the wage. Remember he had injury problems and had to think of his future/family.
From what I can remember his scoring rate was better than most and he should have been offerd what he was looking for.

Are you? You've answered your own question as to why Hibs wouldn't offer him a 2-year deal. Incidentally, Hibs approach was proved 100% right as when Killen got to Celtic he then proceeded to spend a good portion of his time there guess where?... that's right, the treatment table! If you also recall, he was offered the extension to his contract while he was still injured, so the club were showing faith in him at a point when others may not have been so willing to trust in the future for him. Lets not get the facts get in the way of a good rant though eh? :bye:

Kaiser1962
28-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Not forgetting when he signed with Celtic he moved into the to ten highest paid NZ sportsmen list. If we go down the road of even trying to compete with that disaster looms.

Are you? You've answered your own question as to why Hibs wouldn't offer him a 2-year deal. Incidentally, Hibs approach was proved 100% right as when Killen got to Celtic he then proceeded to spend a good portion of his time there guess where?... that's right, the treatment table! If you also recall, he was offered the extension to his contract while he was still injured, so the club were showing faith in him at a point when others may not have been so willing to trust in the future for him. Lets not get the facts get in the way of a good rant though eh? :bye:

BEEJ
28-08-2010, 10:10 AM

No sure about that. Had a very close call with death recently I hear... :whistle:
:confused:

Did he nearly sign for the Yams, then? :greengrin

Daz1875
28-08-2010, 03:34 PM
If Stokes leaves who do we sign ?
Do we think that Leigh would do a job ? i believe that a while ago Yogi had spoken to him and told him that if he solved his off - field problems he would be a star, can anyone who knows Yogi tell him to go get him or risk losing him to someone else.

Opions

_hucks_
28-08-2010, 03:36 PM
I get the feeling that Dundee may hold out for a little more money than we're willing to pay - we're not the only ones who value our free scoring strikers pretty highly.

churchie16
28-08-2010, 04:04 PM
lee miller
adam rooney

if stokes goes to celtic should try and get wilson for left back which he can play leaving ian murray centre back but still need another CH cause hogg is gash

hibee92
28-08-2010, 04:19 PM
lee miller
adam rooney

if stokes goes to celtic should try and get wilson for left back which he can play leaving ian murray centre back but still need another CH cause hogg is gash

please god, no :bitchy:

sixtwo
28-08-2010, 06:01 PM
please god, no :bitchy:

correct

miller is a poor mans nish

Hibernia Na Eir
28-08-2010, 06:07 PM
i'll bet Yogi & co made full use of a blank day today and watched someone down sowf:agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
28-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Wouldn't be a bad shout, although of course the problem is he's Irish. Once he'd signed for us, he'd be linked with Celtc almost immediately - and they'd almost certainly bid for him at the next transfer window. It's so utterly predictable.

They must have one of the most blinkered signing policies in world football.

good shout and your right, he'd end up with Sellic if he came Hibs way

scoopyboy
28-08-2010, 06:10 PM
i'll bet Yogi & co made full use of a blank day today and watched someone down sowf:agree:

I'll take your bet.

DH1875
28-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I'll take your bet.

Me too:thumbsup:.

we are hibs
28-08-2010, 06:16 PM
right IF we lose stokes !!!

were gonna need what 3 strikers or are wee gonna really on riordan and nish not getting injured and hope that nish can up his strike rate :grr:

yogi must get all the money from this deal if it happens to bring in some strikers we already are in need of additional numbers up front and losing the top goal scorer from last season aint gonna help :grr:

and btw cant we at least sell him down south and not along the m8 :grr:

anyone got any ideas as to this replacements ?
david goodwillie, john sutton or adam rooney ?

says in paper suns super goals that yogi lookin to add 2 or 3 more players before dedline