PDA

View Full Version : How low can Scottish fitba sink?

Frazerbob
26-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Get your money on a Lithuania victory next Friday.

We are finished as a football nation!

Hanny
26-08-2010, 08:39 PM
:singing: Always look on the bright side of life....

Sprouleflyer
26-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Rangers flying the flag for Scotland.............................err England I mean!!!

ronaldo7
26-08-2010, 08:48 PM

As long as our National manager panders to the whims of the Weegie Mafia then we're ****ed

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2010, 08:48 PM
If I was a manager of a Scottish club, I wouldn't sign a single Scottish player. I'd stuff the team with Dutchmen, Germans, French, Spaniards, Brazilians and Irishmen. The only Scots i'd have in the team would be those who have come through the youth system and learned from those overseas pro's, not the wasters and muppets who litter our game.

Woody1985
26-08-2010, 09:00 PM
If I was a manager of a Scottish club, I wouldn't sign a single Scottish player. I'd stuff the team with Dutchmen, Germans, French, Spaniards, Brazilians and Irishmen. The only Scots i'd have in the team would be those who have come through the youth system and learned from those overseas pro's, not the wasters and muppets who litter our game.

I raised this point on another thread.

If managers started to adopt the more technically advance player approach they'd be criticised for not being strong enough, muscley enough, big enough, fit enough for our league and the manager would get slaughtered. We drain the life out of players 'Bulking them up for the rough and tumble of the SPL'.

Lets get some football players coming through and not 6 feet huddies like Kyle and Nish. The whole of Scottish football is *****.

Perfect example, every amateur and youth game I've seen up and down the country when there's a throw in they get two men up the line and throw it and try to win a flick on. Why can't anyone just throw the ball to a centre mid, they take a touch, turn and pass. It's one of the things that really gets on my moobs!

Part/Time Supporter
26-08-2010, 09:06 PM

If managers started to adopt the more technically advance player approach they'd be criticised for not being strong enough, muscley enough, big enough, fit enough for our league and the manager would get slaughtered. We drain the life out of players 'Bulking them up for the rough and tumble of the SPL'.

Lets get some football players coming through and not 6 feet huddies like Kyle and Nish. The whole of Scottish football is *****.

Perfect example, every amateur and youth game I've seen up and down the country when there's a throw in they get two men up the line and throw it and try to win a flick on. Why can't anyone just throw the ball to a centre mid, they take a touch, turn and pass. It's one of the things that really gets on my moobs!

It's percentage football. If you've got crap technical players who are likely to give the ball away if you try to retain the ball off a throw, then you're actually better off looking for a flick on. Even if you then lose the ball you are at least 10-15 yards further away from your own goal, and the odds are you will get the ball back soon enough because the (Scottish) opposition will probably be just as bad technically.

Scottish football is more like rugby (ie playing territory) than football.

bighairyfaeleith
26-08-2010, 09:11 PM

Moobs are a strange thing! Fact

Seriously, they serve no purpose. Kind of like the SFA

Woody1985
27-08-2010, 10:42 AM
It's percentage football. If you've got crap technical players who are likely to give the ball away if you try to retain the ball off a throw, then you're actually better off looking for a flick on. Even if you then lose the ball you are at least 10-15 yards further away from your own goal, and the odds are you will get the ball back soon enough because the (Scottish) opposition will probably be just as bad technically.

Scottish football is more like rugby (ie playing territory) than football.

I appreciate that fact that's the case about percentages but teams with good players do it as well. We're too busy trying to get the ball away from our own goal rather than trying to get the ball down and progress to the others goal.

Throwing balls up the line all the time in hope that the opposition make a mistake is a ****ty way to play.

Kaiser1962
28-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Scottish football has been hijacked by the Old Firm. The fact that any change needs only two votes to defeat the motion means that change, unless sanctioned and agreeable to the OF, dosent happen as Rangers and Celtic always vote together just like they always have the same shirt sponsors. Their selfish agenda has backfired big time and with them now having to qualify for the CL spot then their appearances in the group stages are going to be very limited with all the financial penalties that come with that. This means they fall further behind the "big boys" and may no longer be invited to the top table.
The National side is utter gash and the whole infrastructure needs to change or we will die on our feet.

Bostonhibby
28-08-2010, 08:11 AM

We ain't at the bottom yet, there is still plenty of scope for Levein to pull in Rangers players to replace the unacceptable level of players he has currently picked who have no obvious Rangers or indeed Yam credentials. When he sorts that out we will be truly at the bottom, unless of course we manage to scrape a draw in Lithuania.:wink: