PDA

View Full Version : Deeks

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Would the ones who are moaning at the impending loss of Stokes by happier if some of money received was used to extend Deeks stay?

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm not that bothered we might be losing Stokes. He did very well last season, and its the way we have to operate. We get young players, give them a platform to do well, then sell them on for big profits. If we sell him and can keep Derek, its a job well done. We will also get a couple of more players in i'd imagine, the team gets stronger hopefully and we go on. Its the only way.

3pm
26-08-2010, 07:03 PM
It'd soften the blow. I'd prefer both.

Westie1875
26-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Would the ones who are moaning at the impending loss of Stokes by happier if some of money received was used to extend Deeks stay?

Yes, at least a 3 year extension please.

We could also do with extending Miller's contract while we're at it.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm not that bothered we might be losing Stokes. He did very well last season, and its the way we have to operate. We get young players, give them a platform to do well, then sell them on for big profits. If we sell him and can keep Derek, its a job well done. We will also get a couple of more players in i'd imagine, the team gets stronger hopefully and we go on. Its the only way.

I'd agree with all of this Gary..........:wink:

Again we get a decent sell on from one of our players

PaulSmith

I think that we're entitled to 'moan' at the loss of a 20 goal a season striker as at this time we're looking into the unknown around who may or may not replace him.

I think you'd need to be a very strange breed not to want Riordan to stay IMO.

Could Riordan score as many as Stokes if played as a centre forward, no doubt. Offer him that first and he'll sign without asking for the earth.

Could part of the transfer fee be used elsewhere to strengthen the team, I hope so!

Steve20
Yes I would like a bit of the money for that. We also need to reinvest some of the money in a few positions of the team or we are nowhere near a top four side again.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2010, 07:07 PM
I'd agree with all of this Gary..........:wink:

Again we get a decent sell on from one of our players

Its the only way, until such times as our debt is wiped out and after operating costs, we can spend everything we get on wages.

Captain Trips
26-08-2010, 07:15 PM
If it meant getting Deeks on a longer contract I would sell him on if this was the case.

Hibs90
26-08-2010, 07:24 PM
It'd soften the blow. I'd prefer both.

:agree:

lucky
26-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Just posted something similar in the Stokes thread. Use the money to get a couple in and secure Deeks. Stokes moves on and so do Hibs. FFS if Man Utd have to sell their best player so do Hibs.

Alfred E Newman
26-08-2010, 08:03 PM

I agree. Its more important we keep Riordan. If Stokes goes maybe we can bring in a quality player with pace, something we are crying out for.

Www1875hfc
26-08-2010, 08:17 PM
We have lost deeks before,lets not lose him again,lets give him the contract he deserves and give the lad a testimonial.
Would love to see him at easter road for the rest of his career,its where he belongs.:agree:
A new look easter road with a quality opposition = full house.

col02
26-08-2010, 08:41 PM
If Riordan being signed on extended terms was the only thing to come from the sale of Stokes then I would say thank you very much! Riordan imho has visibly matured as a person and player for Hibs and is now a leader on the pitch. We must keep Riordan at Hibs beyond this season so that when he hits his peak it is at his beloved Hibs playing in front of fans who adore him!

Shrekko
26-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Derek Riordan- at last we're talking about a player who's worth worrying about. Scores AND creates goals and also gives a toss about Hibs.

Would make a lot of sense to get him tied up at this stage.

heretoday
26-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Sell Stokes. Quickly.

DH1875
26-08-2010, 11:44 PM

Without doubt. That and a new CH and Striker and all will be good.

Kevvy1875
26-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Agree with a lot of these points.

Move Deeks up front with a brand new extended contract in his tail and get a target man in with a bit class for Deeks to feed off round the fringe's of the box.

Stokes will be missed for goals certainly but not for teamwork(although he seems to have improved that area of his game this season).

Beefster
27-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Even if he signs a new contract, Hibs would sell Riordan at the drop of a hat, given a semi-attractive bid. Given the interest rumoured so far, it only guarantees that we'll get a fee to spend on building something new.

w.connectionfc
27-08-2010, 08:36 AM
My fear is that whatever wage demands deeks/agent puts on Rp,s table or whatever he,s offered won't be enough to keep him at the club,hope I,m very very wrong thou

Speedway
27-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Which would you prefer?

1. Sell Stokes and extend Deeks contract alongside signing Anderson, Gow, Tennenbaum, Biscan and Zelmikas or

2. Sell Stokes and re-fit the entire inside of the FF (which is our next capital expenditure project)

smurf
27-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Number 1 obviously.

Beefster
27-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Which would you prefer?

1. Sell Stokes and extend Deeks contract alongside signing Anderson, Gow, Tennenbaum, Biscan and Zelmikas or

2. Sell Stokes and re-fit the entire inside of the FF (which is our next capital expenditure project)

If Hibs were to come out and say "we're spending the £x million received for Stokes on tarting up the FF", I reckon they'll have misjudged the mood of those who actually pay to attend the games more than at any point in the last 15 years.

Most of us are fed up hearing "there will be significant investment in the playing squad when the training centre/East Stand/debt/FF refit/West Stand refit/cruise ship/custom built tank is finished".

Gerard
27-08-2010, 08:53 PM
If Hibs were to come out and say "we're spending the £x million received for Stokes on tarting up the FF", I reckon they'll have misjudged the mood of those who actually pay to attend the games more than at any point in the last 15 years.

Most of us are fed up hearing "there will be significant investment in the playing squad when the training centre/East Stand/debt/FF refit/West Stand refit/cruise ship/custom built tank is finished".

Executive Help pad, train station,tram stop, covered roof that opens and closes, second training centre...........:greengrin
Gerard

HibbyAndy
27-08-2010, 09:00 PM
If it meant getting Deeks on a longer contract I would sell him on if this was the case.

We have lost deeks before,lets not lose him again,lets give him the contract he deserves and give the lad a testimonial.
Would love to see him at easter road for the rest of his career,its where he belongs.:agree:
A new look easter road with a quality opposition = full house.

If Riordan being signed on extended terms was the only thing to come from the sale of Stokes then I would say thank you very much! Riordan imho has visibly matured as a person and player for Hibs and is now a leader on the pitch. We must keep Riordan at Hibs beyond this season so that when he hits his peak it is at his beloved Hibs playing in front of fans who adore him!

Derek Riordan- at last we're talking about a player who's worth worrying about. Scores AND creates goals and also gives a toss about Hibs.

Would make a lot of sense to get him tied up at this stage.

:top marks

My fear is that whatever wage demands deeks/agent puts on Rp,s table or whatever he,s offered won't be enough to keep him at the club,hope I,m very very wrong thou

Id beg to differ..Riordan would pen new deal at ER for nothing 'Ludicrous'.

HFC 0-7
27-08-2010, 09:09 PM

Rubbish! Its the way we have to operate if we are in debt etc. We are virtually debt free and now have no new things to pay for, ie, new stands.

We must have spent well over 10 million in stands, training facilities and reducing debt by selling players. Now that is all done why cant we just hold onto the players and offer contracts to help make them stay.

matty_f
27-08-2010, 09:15 PM

Got to agree with that. Ideally, I'd like to see both stay but that is looking increasingly unlikely.
Next best thing is to strengthen the team and get Deek a new contract.:agree:

silverhibee
27-08-2010, 09:18 PM
A Question.

How much is derek worth to us as a Hibs player, and how much do you think RP should offer him to extend his contract at Hibs, If RP intends doing that.

degenerated
27-08-2010, 09:21 PM
A Question.

How much is derek worth to us as a Hibs player, and how much do you think RP should offer him to extend his contract at Hibs, If RP intends doing that.

This much :dunno:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_D0gq0TtvHls/TBiVxeMXsrI/AAAAAAAADT0/D2tusfHf9dI/s1600/sepp+blatter.jpg

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2010, 09:23 PM
A Question.

I have no idea what he's on now, but i'd hope we could maybe go as far as £5k a week on a 4 year deal. That would be his best years at easter road, both parties rewarded, and hopefully happy. :pray:

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Rubbish! Its the way we have to operate if we are in debt etc. We are virtually debt free and now have no new things to pay for, ie, new stands.

We must have spent well over 10 million in stands, training facilities and reducing debt by selling players. Now that is all done why cant we just hold onto the players and offer contracts to help make them stay.

How do we keep players who can command 3-4-5 times what we can pay?

degenerated
27-08-2010, 09:29 PM
How do we keep players who can command 3-4-5 times what we can pay?

we could just borrow the money from ourselves to pay these wages, that way we only owe ourselves and we keep the best players. everyone a winner and it's that simple i'm surprised no one else has thought of it first :greengrin

Riordans Boots
27-08-2010, 09:29 PM
I have no idea what he's on now, but i'd hope we could maybe go as far as £5k a week on a 4 year deal. That would be his best years at easter road, both parties rewarded, and hopefully happy. :pray:

:agree: :top marks

Westie1875
27-08-2010, 09:46 PM
A Question.

There should be no "if"

This should be THE top signing priority for Hibs in the striking dept, offer him as much as possible. BH's suggestion of £5k per week on a 4 year deal sounds right, he is our best player so deserves to be paid the most.