PDA

View Full Version : New contract or cheerio?

007 Mickey Weir
26-08-2010, 12:35 PM
After the chat about Zemmama staying I was having a think about the rest of our team with contracts ending. Who from the list should be punted at end of season (or before)?

I have put Bamba, Deeks, Stokes, miller, Brown, McBride and Galbraith. The rest need to be cleared out and make room for younger guys or new players.

M11BMO
26-08-2010, 12:44 PM
After the chat about Zemmama staying I was having a think about the rest of our team with contracts ending. Who from the list should be punted at end of season (or before)?

I have put Bamba, Deeks, Stokes, miller, Brown, McBride and Galbraith. The rest need to be cleared out and make room for younger guys or new players.

As above, plus Byrne.

Westie1875
26-08-2010, 12:50 PM
I voted on who to keep, on reading your post though i'm not sure which way round we were to vote?

Wilson
26-08-2010, 12:56 PM
I voted on who to keep, on reading your post though i'm not sure which way round we were to vote?

The question asked who should get new contracts. On that basis I went with Bamba, Riordan, Miller, McBride. Stokes should be sold to the highest bidder and Zoumas contract should be allowed to run down.

Riordans Boots
26-08-2010, 01:09 PM

I would have kept Hogg - but you never put him in your poll.

Woody1985
26-08-2010, 01:24 PM
New contracts is misleading / silly, it should be who would you like to keep. There's too many factors and cavaets to them.

Bamba:

New contract = yes.
Contact at his desired salary level = No, as it's likely to be higher than we can afford.

Deeks:

New contract = yes.
Contact at his desired salary level = Yes, I think we should make him the, or close to the top paid player.

Stokes:

New contract = No. (I voted yes for the sake of the poll)
Reason = He still has 2 years left on a decent salary, would most likely want a rise that we don't need to give him with two years left.

These are just 3 examples because a) I can't be arsed doing any more and b) I'm at work. :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
26-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Who didnae vote for deeks :confused: Only 35 oota 36. He is top priority.

Owain_1987
26-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Can one of the 22 tell me why they will like to keep Thicot?

RickyS
26-08-2010, 02:10 PM
The question asked who should get new contracts. On that basis I went with Bamba, Riordan, Miller, McBride. Stokes should be sold to the highest bidder and Zoumas contract should be allowed to run down.

why?