PDA

View Full Version : Zoumer To Stay?

Speedway
26-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Also in the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/08/26/i-want-to-kee-merouane-zemmama-at-easter-road-admits-hibs-boss-john-hughes-86908-22514808/

keep the faith
26-08-2010, 08:51 AM
I know this sounds idealist but I honestly think he should sign a new deal because he owes us.
Hibs gesture of sending him on loan when he had family issues was a really decent thing to do, especially when we really needed him at that time. He has also been injured a lot during his time here. He needs to do the right thing now and the offer of a new deal will find out if he has the class as a person he shows as a player.

ahibby
26-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Good luck Yogi!

3pm
26-08-2010, 09:01 AM
He's a genius on his day but such days are too infrequent for my liking. I'd cut our losses and move on.

Wilson
26-08-2010, 09:04 AM
The treatment room wouldn't be the same without him?

We'd be well rid for the return we're getting. That Yogi wants to fritter more of the club's income on the wages of this lost cause is baffling.

Stevie Reid
26-08-2010, 09:09 AM
He's a genius on his day but such days are too infrequent for my liking. I'd cut our losses and move on.

:bitchy:

The only question here is whether he will sign a new contract, not whether we would like to keep him, surely? To be fair, Zem doesn't have bad games, he just doesn't play often enough. I'm stunned if you are happy for someone with his ability to just walk away without any attempt from Hibs to keep him.

I agree with Keep the Faith - it's idealistic but I believe he should repay us for his loan and rehab by signing a new contract on the premise that he is sold when an offer comes in - he did previously state that he wanted Hibs to get a big fee for him. And let's face it, with his injury record and a young family to look after, he could do a lot worse than sign on again at Hibs for a bit of security.

However, the timing of his knee injury was awful for so many reasons, and sadly I do think we will lose him for nothing.

3pm
26-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Just an opinion Stevie!

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2010, 09:18 AM

The only question here is whether he will sign a new contract, not whether we would like to keep him, surely? To be fair, Zem doesn't have bad games, he just doesn't play often enough. I'm stunned if you are happy for someone with his ability to just walk away without any attempt from Hibs to keep him.

I agree with Keep the Faith - it's idealistic but I believe he should repay us for his loan and rehab by signing a new contract on the premise that he is sold when an offer comes in - he did previously state that he wanted Hibs to get a big fee for him. And let's face it, with his injury record and a young family to look after, he could do a lot worse than sign on again at Hibs for a bit of security.

However, the timing of his knee injury was awful for so many reasons, and sadly I do think we will lose him for nothing.

Nothing to add to this. :agree:

Stevie Reid
26-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Just an opinion Stevie!

Fair dos buddy :thumbsup:

I'm just disagreeing!

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2010, 09:24 AM
even tho my memorys fading with age, i can still remember the wee man playing for us :agree: pretty sure it was right midfield, can anyone confirm ? :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2010, 09:35 AM
i can see him signing. The idea of monied clubs coming in for him with his injury record and the recession is a little fanciful.

If we get some of our wealthier corporate supporters to throw in a few pegs, caravan hire, some clean(ish) needles, a couple of behind-the-goals pints of frothing Carling and perhaps a deal-sealing drive tarmacking, then I'm sure he'll be tempted.

God Petrie
26-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Most exciting player at Hibs. If he leaves I'd be gutted. He was absolutely phenomenal last season when we were doing well.

Get him signed up - even if he isnt playing well he has banter about him.

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I'd move him on in a second and use the money to replace him with some solid pros like Rankin, Hogg and Nish.

Ozyhibby
26-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Great news if it happens. When fit he is our best player.

hibsbollah
26-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Most exciting player at Hibs. If he leaves I'd be gutted. He was absolutely phenomenal last season when we were doing well.

Get him signed up - even if he isnt playing well he has banter about him.

:agree:

Westie1875
26-08-2010, 12:08 PM
There are others who are also in their last year that we should be signing up before the wee man. Miller and Riordan to name two.

SneakersO'Toole
26-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Loyalty is sadly lacking from football these days, especially in the SPL where the wages are poor compared to other leagues.

I think we'll see him leave for a free at the end of the season.

Wilson
26-08-2010, 12:09 PM
I'd move him on in a second and use the money to replace him with some solid pros like Rankin, Hogg and Nish.

Yep because those are certainly the only options. Mercurial players that are never fit or big huddys not fit to wear the green...

scoopyboy
26-08-2010, 12:10 PM

Oh he has bad games alright, its probably just that you don't notice him because he goes into hiding.

First half of last season he was immense but thereafter not so.

Perth was one example I can think of where he would have been as well sitting beside me.

scoopyboy
26-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Great news if it happens. When fit he is our best player.

When it suits him he is our best player. I would prefer to keep him rather than lose him.

Sauzee's_Sons
26-08-2010, 12:23 PM
too many off days for me, yogis saying he wants him to become more of a team player, similar to how riordans change his game im guessing but is this achievable with zemmama? a genius on his day granted but lets look back to his performances last season as soon as the cold winter days and nights kicked.... i think a passenger somes it up.

he needs to do perrform week in week out if he is to sign a contract extension

basehibby
26-08-2010, 12:25 PM
When he plays he lights up the place - would be delighted if he signs an extension.

banarc7062
26-08-2010, 12:42 PM
A good fish supper once Ramadan has ended will see him fit and rarin to go:greengrin

God Petrie
26-08-2010, 12:53 PM
too many off days for me, yogis saying he wants him to become more of a team player, similar to how riordans change his game im guessing but is this achievable with zemmama? a genius on his day granted but lets look back to his performances last season as soon as the cold winter days and nights kicked.... i think a passenger somes it up.

he needs to do perrform week in week out if he is to sign a contract extension

how many hibs players perform week in week out? does deek have poor games? stokes? miller? they all do

hate this xenophobic pish about cold winter nights meaning he automatically cant be arsed or even worse only sign him up if he works hard. latapy never put a challenge in in his puff but he was one of the best players to watch ive ever seen at hibs

hughio
26-08-2010, 03:56 PM

:faf:

Chuckie
26-08-2010, 04:01 PM
He wont be near the Hibs team for a long long time which is a shame.

Get him on a new contract.

Sauzee's_Sons
26-08-2010, 05:16 PM
how many hibs players perform week in week out? does deek have poor games? stokes? miller? they all do

hate this xenophobic pish about cold winter nights meaning he automatically cant be arsed or even worse only sign him up if he works hard. latapy never put a challenge in in his puff but he was one of the best players to watch ive ever seen at hibs

not nearly as many as zemmama though, good:bad games ratio is poor! how many seasons has he been here now not including his season over in the Emirates..... 3/4? and has only played a bit part role in all.

there u go, just proved my theory right. lets not go talking about latapy and zemmama in the same breath but latapy was instumental in all we achieved when he as here, despite the infamous scottish winter conditions. benji was the same as zemmama and i guanantee he'll be the same in seasons to come if he signs on.

God Petrie
26-08-2010, 05:42 PM
In his first season (2006-2007) he was third in the SPL for assists.
He was injured for a lot of 2007-2008 and went to Emirates in 2008-2009.
Last season he was phenomenal - some games that spring to mind are Rangers at Ibrox where he was unlucky not to score but set up Stokes' goal and the 3-1 at Motherwell where he tormented their whole team and their fans.

Maybe not a coincidence that he was injured from about February when we suffered our severe dip in form.

I don't see why we should be getting rid of players that are good to watch. I'd rather watch a pish zemmama try things that don't come off then some donkey like Rankin playing a simple game where he plays 5 yard passes every time he gets the ball.

He's not perfect but if Zemmama did the stuff he is capable of in every single game every time he got the ball he wouldn't be at Hibs - he would be at Barcelona.

No.4
26-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Last season he was phenomenal - some games that spring to mind are Rangers at Ibrox where he was unlucky not to score but set up Stokes' goal and the 3-1 at Motherwell where he tormented their whole team and their fans.

Maybe not a coincidence that he was injured from about February when we suffered our severe dip in form.

I don't see why we should be getting rid of players that are good to watch. I'd rather watch a pish zemmama try things that don't come off then some donkey like Rankin playing a simple game where he plays 5 yard passes every time he gets the ball.

He's not perfect but if Zemmama did the stuff he is capable of in every single game every time he got the ball he wouldn't be at Hibs - he would be at Barcelona.

:top marks

keep the faith
26-08-2010, 10:14 PM

:agree: what he said.

Ed De Gramo
26-08-2010, 10:16 PM
get him signed up...pronto! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I miss Zouma :boo hoo:

keep the faith
26-08-2010, 10:18 PM
In terms of future planning, then signing up zouma and deeks on long deals would be a good starting point for reinvesting the stokes money.