PDA

View Full Version : I have to admire Craig Levein

CallumLaidlaw
26-08-2010, 08:38 AM
for his loyalty to Rangers.

Regarding Oscar winning Allan McGregor on Sunday -

I didnt see the incident. I saw Allan coming off at the end, not injured, with a clean sheet.

Just like the rest of the SFA saw it no doubt :bitchy:

Now if I was Scotland manager, I would make SURE I saw the incident. It involved 2 players that SHOULD be involved in the Scotland squad, so I would be interested in their on field temperament.

I actually WANTED Levein to get the scotland job, but he is losing support from every direction. Bar Hearts & Rangers of course.

Pretty Boy
26-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Potters going to have a tough decision when the plooky lesbian is fit again.

He's been so far up McCheaters erse recently it's embarassing but when Gordon is fit does he stick with his new best pal or pick his big jambo friend?

Beefster
26-08-2010, 08:44 AM
He's lying.

SlickShoes
26-08-2010, 08:44 AM
He is an ******** and has always been an ********.

Cabbage East
26-08-2010, 09:00 AM
**** off levein. Jambo mutant.

johnrebus
26-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Ever since Levein flattend Graeme Hogg I've thought, 'this guy is a sandwich short of a picnic'.

Nothing has happened since then to make me change my mind.

His appearances in the media recently have only highlighted him for what he is.

A Jambo, jaikie, deranged, tramp.

:asshole:

Caversham Green
He's lying.

:agree: If he didn't see the incident he's not fit to be manager of Scotland (or anyone else for that matter).

blackpoolhibs
Of course he never saw it, or any of the countless replays. :bitchy:

Frazerbob

Now if I was Scotland manager, I would make SURE I saw the incident. It involved 2 players that SHOULD be involved in the Scotland squad, so I would be interested in their on field temperament.

I actually WANTED Levein to get the scotland job, but he is losing support from every direction. Bar Hearts & Rangers of course.

Where is this quote from?

CallumLaidlaw
26-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Where is this quote from?

:Ummm: An newspaper

Ok, the Sun... :offski:

he went on to say -

If I asked any one of you who should play in goal I'm pretty sure you'd all say Allan McGregor. I'm picking the best man for the job

So he can cheat and con, as long as he can save a shot. I imagine if the "boozegate" thing happened under levein, then there would have been no bans involved.

H18sry
26-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Why does somebody not send him a copy of the game so he can watch it at his leisure?

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2010, 09:20 AM
In a history of bad appointments and doing-thing-on-the-cheap disgraces, Potter is shaping up to be the worst ever. Nice one SFA!

Sir David Gray
26-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I've obviously never been a great Levein fan due to his Hearts connections but even I am shocked at how much I have grown to dislike the man over the past few months.

As someone else has already said, you can cheat, con referees and feign injuries to try and get fellow professionals sent off but if you play for the mighty Rangers, you'll still be picked by Scotland.

The whole thing stinks and the worst thing about it is, no-one tries to hide it or cover it up. It's so blatant.

Holmesdale Hibs
26-08-2010, 09:52 AM
My erse he never saw the incident. If he is living in a world that detached from Scottish football he should be sacked on the spot.

Levein is clearly sucking up to the huns when making this statement as there are a few in the squad. He should have come out and said ‘I saw it….. its unacceptable…. Alhun or anyone else will never do that for Scotland….’ and maybe then he can talk about clean sheets and say McGregor is a decent keeper although he’s only fit for the bench when Gordon is fit.

Chuckie
26-08-2010, 09:56 AM
It saddens me that our once great, all conquering Scottish team, made up of entirely Scottish players, from a varied mix of Scottish football clubs now have this idiot in charge.

Judas Iscariot
26-08-2010, 09:56 AM
He's a ****ing liar..

Pure and simple..

I will be actively cheering on ANY team that plays against Potters teams..

Specky, useless, lying Hertz ****...

Chuckie
26-08-2010, 10:11 AM
He's a ****ing liar..

Pure and simple..

I will be actively cheering on ANY team that plays against Potters teams..

Specky, useless, lying Hertz ****...

Even Lithuania ?

They're basically HOMOFC's A Team. :cool2:

Toaods
26-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Think it's fairly safe to asume Deek can go ahead and book a holiday for himself any time Scotland are in action....

Scotland to55er Craig Levein says Allan McGregor's feigning injury in a head-to-head with Derek Riordan at Easter Road is not his problem as it happened while he was playing at club level. (Daily Express)

Ryan69
26-08-2010, 10:30 AM
``I didnt see the incident. I saw Allan coming off at the end, not injured, with a clean sheet.``

What a statement that is....any normal person would maybe say ive not really had the chance to sit down and look at the incident yet...but plan to.

Talk about making a bloody smokescreen....fannies that they are......probably cuddling up in bet together as we speak. :grr:

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2010, 10:30 AM
It saddens me that our once great, all conquering Scottish team, made up of entirely Scottish players, from a varied mix of Scottish football clubs now have this idiot in charge.

Ahhh...the way we were. Would bring a tear to a glass eye. I too remember those halcyon days when we were literally 'up to our knees' in bold, innovative soccer administrators, blessedly free from weedgie myopia and not frightened to think outside the masonic box.

Oh Ernie Walker, when will we see, your likes again...

johnbc70
26-08-2010, 10:42 AM
So the Scotland manager admits to not watching a game that involves 2 of the top flight teams in the country that he manages.
Perhaps explains his recent squad then, seriously he should have to explain himself if he is not going to watch (and study very closely) games like Hibs v Rangers.

Andy74
26-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Not the smartest answer - he is either lying or failing to do the job of the Scotland manager by watching matches.

It's not as if his day is filled with anything else.

He's bound to have seen it and I'd have respected a bit more if he'd said he'd seen it but that he still felt he would be picking him for his playing ability.

I'd also agree with that, it was a terrible bit of play acting and he should have been dealt with by the referee but I don't think it should affect playing for scotland.

TrickyNicky
26-08-2010, 10:48 AM
The man has a wonderful dry wit does he not !

I wish I could have him over to sing songs round my Grandpa's piano one evening.

We would fill his glass, laugh at his tales and imagine his stoic head adorning our wall of extinct animal!:chop:

The_Todd
26-08-2010, 10:49 AM
He works for the SFA, of course he didn't see an incident involving a Hun. But I can guarantee he saw Derek Riordan getting up close to McGregor and will add it to the list of excuses for excluding him.

I find it hard to believe Levein can actually make a statement like that publicly and not realise how idiotic it sounds to everyone outside Glasgow.

Judas Iscariot
26-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Even Lithuania ?

They're basically HOMOFC's A Team. :cool2:

Aye

Westie1875
26-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Lies or incompetance, either way a stupid thing to say.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 11:03 AM

:agree::agree:

M11BMO
26-08-2010, 11:08 AM
I was all for him getting the job is the first place.

That just confirms how stupid I really am. :rolleyes:

poolman
26-08-2010, 11:12 AM

Wasn't a lie

He was watching the game with Arsene Wenger :agree:

CB_NO3
26-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Levein has confirmed my hatred for Scotland. To say he never seen the incident is a lie. To publicly slate Riordan on the nations highlight programme is a joke. Levein used to hate the SFA but he has shown his true colours now and became on of them. Two faced get that he is. Am glad there is no Hibs players in that joke of a squad.

Hainan Hibs
26-08-2010, 12:01 PM
What an absolute flange of a man. As said on another thread the job is far too big for him and it's a case of "jobs for the boys" again. Levein has seen the incident alright, but because he is an absolute coward of a yam fud he actually defends Mcgregor.

I'd be pretty much ashamed of myself if I defended someone who acted like that.

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2010, 12:05 PM
About in the same league as Bob Carolgees from Tiswas (who used to puppeteer Spit the Dog) as a Scotland manager.

rubber mal
26-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Not the smartest answer - he is either lying or failing to do the job of the Scotland manager by watching matches.

He's bound to have seen it and I'd have respected a bit more if he'd said he'd seen it but that he still felt he would be picking him for his playing ability.

I'd also agree with that, it was a terrible bit of play acting and he should have been dealt with by the referee but I don't think it should affect playing for scotland.

Spot on. I want to see the best available players picked for Scotland and IMO, based purely on ability, that cheating parasite is second only to CG. But for Potter to come out with that spineless nonsense is pathetic. After this and his comments last week re: Deek, I have lost the small amount of respect I had for him.

TrickyNicky
26-08-2010, 12:34 PM
About in the same league as Bob Carolgees from Tiswas (who used to puppeteer Spit the Dog) as a Scotland manager.

I remember Bob Carolgees then brought " Cough The Cat " into the fold, not dissimilar in irony to Craig Levein's inclusion of Kirk Broadbean !

stubru59
26-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Levein is simply a reflection of the whole set-up. He's not got a lot to choose from, and who he's picked, say's as much about the people running the show as it does about him.

Hibby K
26-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Levein was quoted as saying he didn't see the McGregor incident, but on the same page of the interview he stated he watched Davie Weir playing against Hibs and was thrilled to see Kenny Miller score a hat-trick.

Must have selective eyesight to not see McGregor or maybe he's replaced the glasses with an eye-patch!

If I was even remotely interested in the Scotland team with him in charge I'd fear for them in the next two matches.

silverhibee
26-08-2010, 02:33 PM

He is telling porkies Andy, it is so obvious.

silverhibee
26-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I am still amazed how quick the numpty's at Hampden were so quick with there statment regarding the incident between Deeks and McCheator, normally it take's them age's to make a statement regarding incidents like this. Something stinks.

Chuckie
26-08-2010, 03:09 PM
I am still amazed how quick the numpty's at Hampden were so quick with there statment regarding the incident between Deeks and McCheator, normally it take's them age's to make a statement regarding incidents like this. Something stinks.

Simple answer is the SFA will do everything in their power to support the hegemony of the Old Firm.

Somethink stinks but it's not a new smell.

frazeHFC
26-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I wanted Levein to get the job as well. But after refusing Deeks, and telling him to defend more, when does Boyd defend :cool2: I had disliked him. This McGreggor business, along with Hartley's recall is another reason why i am going off him.

We should sing what they sing down South but obviously with our player, "Riordan for Scotland"

snooky
26-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Most of us were behind Levein when he grabbed the nettle and took on the SFA. Although he ended up paying the original fine, in my book he won. I thought at the time here's someone with some substance, honesty and fight.
Geez, I can't believe these recent comments are from the same person. A complete turn-around. The man's a Janus.

The further away our players keep from the Scotland camp and the SFA's talking poodle, the better.

ekhibee
26-08-2010, 06:00 PM
When I heard of Kenny Black's appointment as his assistant I had a very clear idea of where the national team was heading, and it certainly wasn't up. Levein's dislike of Hibs has always been, to me anyway, blatantly apparent, including his comments when he was a pundit for any Hibs games on TV. The issue over Riordan doesn't surprise me in the least, but it's been a long time since I really bothered about anything to do with the Scotland team, so IMO Riordan is better off concentrating on what really matters-Hibs. The only shame about it is that if Riordan scores a hattrick against Hearts, Levein will probably 'miss' that game as well. Let him pick all the 40 year old defenders and fringe OF players he likes, he will get shown up and laughed at when it all goes tits up and he still refuses to play one of the most prolific scorers in Scottish football. And I'll laugh louder than anybody.

jane_says
26-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Noticed this as well
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8945562.stm
(bottom of page, last comment)

is he saying it's not his (Leviens) or his (MacGregors)
either way the man needs a straw to be any further up macgregors a**e and is a pathetic excuse for a mangager

Arch Stanton
26-08-2010, 07:14 PM
I suppose what this thread is really saying, in it's own mindless little way, is that McGregor should join the list of players who have lost their international status for feigning injury.

And as for Levein not telling the complete and utter truth - like we now hold football managers to a higher standard than we do our country's leaders (as in "yes, there were wmds in Iraq")?

monktonharp
26-08-2010, 08:25 PM

I actually WANTED Levein to get the scotland job, but he is losing support from every direction. Bar Hearts & Rangers of course.:top markstop class post,not read any relies,yet . but sums up that dick perfectly

Sprouleflyer
26-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Levein was quoted as saying he didn't see the McGregor incident, but on the same page of the interview he stated he watched Davie Weir playing against Hibs and was thrilled to see Kenny Miller score a hat-trick.

Must have selective eyesight to not see McGregor or maybe he's replaced the glasses with an eye-patch!

If I was even remotely interested in the Scotland team with him in charge I'd fear for them in the next two matches.

Why was Levein not at the match? Must have had 4-5 of his squad playing for Rangers and potentially another fringe player in Riordan playing for Hibs.

Is he too scared to turn up at ER?

Jamesie
26-08-2010, 09:01 PM
I bought cheap flights to Lithuania months ago and then forgot to apply for a match ticket :grr:

Was going to go over and try and pick one up over there but after this, I don't think I'll bother.

Levein - GTF.

SaulGoodman
26-08-2010, 09:02 PM
The funny thing is, If it was a Hibs goalie that done that there would be public outrage. The Goalie would be banned and forced to live the rest of his life begging on Princess Street. Yet because it's a Hun goalie everythings fine and we just get on with it. :bitchy:

Ed De Gramo
26-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Harry Potter's a classless welt :agree:

I hope he dislocates his tongue so we never have to hear his yammish tones for a while :bye::bye:

Zemmama19
26-08-2010, 11:15 PM
levien is a joke of a national manager he can spend up to 6hours in ladbrokes each day of the week betting horses!! even one midweek when there was a full card of spl fixtures he stayed all night makes you think what he actaully does!!:grr::grr:

Hibernia Na Eir
27-08-2010, 09:24 AM

He certainly does have lots of "loyal"ty :wink: