PDA

View Full Version : Levein picks his team on ability alone

Moulin Yarns
26-08-2010, 05:19 AM
acording to

this (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/39I39ll-select-on-ability-alone39.6495305.jp)

And we all know that isn't true.

DCI Gene Hunt
26-08-2010, 06:15 AM
A bit late for April Fools' Day, no?

Saorsa
26-08-2010, 06:56 AM
:hilarious That is all

Hainan Hibs
26-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Levein is sounding more like a knobend every time I read another one of his articles.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2010, 07:32 AM
I wonder why the SFA did not pick the best manager available. :bitchy:

DCI Gene Hunt
26-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Of course he does, Hainan. He's a Yam, talking keech is the only thing he will be able to do! :rolleyes:

Gene

johnrebus
26-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Naismith before Riordan? This is padded cell stuff.

After just two games in charge Potter is beginning to panic. He knows already that the job is way too big for him and should have stayed in his cosy wee hovel at Tannadice.

Scotland will get horsed next Friday night and Potter will crack with the media reaction and quit in a fit of temper.

:pray:

heretoday
26-08-2010, 08:03 AM
What does Craig Levein do all day? In fact what does any international manager do? Sit playing with paper clips in the morning. Have lunch. Chase secretary round desk in afternoon. Go to game in the evening. Write down the names of a couple of likely players.
Repeat next day.

givescotlandfreedom
26-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Potter's a bawbag. Anyone remember when he was having an affair with a PR girl from England and her husband heard she was involved with a famous football manager and it turned out to be him? He came out with something like "famous manager? She was at it with a mixture between Harry Potter and a nerd from PC World"

EDIT: ""It's horrendous being cheated on but having your wife run off with a bloke who looks like a cross between Harry Potter and a nerd from PC World makes it even harder to bear."

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Naismith before Riordan? This is padded cell stuff.

After just two games in charge Potter is beginning to panic. He knows already that the job is way too big for him and should have stayed in his cosy wee hovel at Tannadice.

Scotland will get horsed next Friday night and Potter will crack with the media reaction and quit in a fit of temper.

:pray:

:top marks Called it right there JR. Leicester was a bridge too far and he's showing that he can't function outside the 'decent SPL manager' bracket. Surrounding yourself with losers, has-beens, and never-weres is the gilt-edged means of ensuring failure. We aren't blessed with the best in the world but grow a set and at least go down fighting.

Gordon

Hutton Wilson nobody nobody

Wotherspoon Dorans D. Fletcher Brown

Fyvie Riordan S.Fletcher

By my counting we have only two nobodies to replace at the back.

hibee92
26-08-2010, 01:31 PM
re andy carroll

"I cannot afford to look in detail at who speaks in a Scottish accent and who has a Saltire hanging from their bedroom window"

does anybody else think that this is such a childish thing to say?

and why is he trying so hard to get into carrolls pants when he can look at Riordan or Goodwillie?

FitbaFolkKen
26-08-2010, 02:11 PM
:top marks Called it right there JR. Leicester was a bridge too far and he's showing that he can't function outside the 'decent SPL manager' bracket. Surrounding yourself with losers, has-beens, and never-weres is the gilt-edged means of ensuring failure. We aren't blessed with the best in the world but grow a set and at least go down fighting.

Gordon

Fyvie Riordan S.Fletcher

Christ we can't be that bad we need 12..... ;)

I totally agree with your point though, get rid of the old school. Lets be honest why are we going back to this group of players who never achieved when they were in their prime.

I don't understand the logic, maybe Levein is trying to line himself up for Ibrox at the end of the season?

dl33
26-08-2010, 02:17 PM
wotherspoon? you're having a laugh....going by saturdays game he is a long way from a scotland cap!

patlowe
26-08-2010, 02:26 PM

Gordon

Fyvie Riordan S.Fletcher

Although a 442 and attacking midfielders are just about unheard of in the Scotland team, I'd go with something like the following team (backups/future prospects in brackets).

....................................Gordon (Gilks)

Hutton (Whitts) Webster (Wilson) Berra (Hanlon) Wallace (God knows, Ross Wallace?)

Brown (Wotherspoon) D.Fletcher (Thomson) Dorrans (Adam) Commons (Riordan)

.................S.Fletcher (Miller) McFadden (McCormack/Maloney)

There are players like Boyd and Robson etc kicking around that can do a pretty decent job, I just think these players are a bit less reprehensible than your average Scotland representative and would have us playing in a relatively decent style.

Barney McGrew
26-08-2010, 02:30 PM
After his comments about Deek and why he wasn't picking him, it's interesting to see his take on the iMcGregor incident on Sunday. Surprise surprise :

"I didn't see the incident. I saw Allan coming off at the end, not injured and with a clean sheet"

What a joke. Straight out the Arsene Wenger 'School of Only Seeing What You Want to See'. You'd have thought with such a high profile instance of blatant cheating, he'd maybe have taken time to catch up on it if he did indeed as he says fail to see it at the time :rolleyes:

BryanV
26-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Andy Carroll is currently not a million miles away from a call up for England, if he decides to play for Scotland it will only be after several years of being ignored. Hawking ourselves among the lower leagues will be the result of Levein picking his side on talent alone.....

Hibernia Na Eir
26-08-2010, 02:41 PM
never been big fan on national team but thank christ im not one right now, Levein picking all the old faces and no surprises from a guy who's ability at this level is low.

No for me ta.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-08-2010, 02:44 PM
After his comments about Deek and why he wasn't picking him, it's interesting to see his take on the iMcGregor incident on Sunday. Surprise surprise :

"I didn't see the incident. I saw Allan coming off at the end, not injured and with a clean sheet"

What a joke. Straight out the Arsene Wenger 'School of Only Seeing What You Want to See'. You'd have thought with such a high profile instance of blatant cheating, he'd maybe have taken time to catch up on it if he did indeed as he says fail to see it at the time :rolleyes:

aye, quite a shock he comes out with this statement. Hearts old brigade. Deeks should just tell the SFA to ram it. Be bigger than them:agree: Who the fu** does Potter thik he is anyway? Cowdenbeath/Hearts odd looking fanny.

Potterz is a tosserz!