PDA

View Full Version : NHC DUFC v AEK..whats this all about

down-the-slope
24-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Can't beleive the crap Unt have had to put up with...how are fans supposed to plan when the ground is not confirmed until so late.
with 11K + there is going to be a lot of AEK fans not getting in so it will be a bit intimidating outside

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/8937645.stm

Skanko79
24-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Can't beleive the crap Unt have had to put up with...how are fans supposed to plan when the ground is not confirmed until so late.
with 11K + there is going to be a lot of AEK fans not getting in so it will be a bit intimidating outside

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/8937645.stm

athens isnae that big. sure its no really a problem for travelling fans. if anything will be a better atmosphere for them and maybe even give them a chance.

greenlad
24-08-2010, 08:27 PM
athens isnae that big. sure its no really a problem for travelling fans. if anything will be a better atmosphere for them and maybe even give them a chance.

Having been there twice in 2001 I would say Athens is a huge city, not to mention bustling as well and a change of venue will cause major difficulties to anyone travelling independently, although those on the official packages will just be coached to the game from the town centre same as we were.

Game is now being played in Panionios which is a stones throw from Olympaikos ground in Piraius which is a loooong way away from the Olympic stadium in the North of Athens where the game was due to be played (which itself is a long way from AEKs old ground at Nea Filidelfia where we played them).

Don't think the atmosphere will help Utd that much if at all, probably far more intimidating a full "old-style" 12,000 capacity stadium that say 30,000 in a 70,000 capacity athletics stadium with a running track around the pitch. Far more issues with regards to fan security at Panionios if our experince is anything to go by.

Antifa Hibs
24-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Panionios fans have trashed their own ground, smashed the goals, set things on fire, even dug up the pitch so AEK don't get to use it :rotflmao:

Dundee Utd fans will be sound, AEK Athens will be to busy/worried with Panionios fans to even think about the travelling Utd support!

Could be mental this one.

Woody1985
24-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Panionios fans have trashed their own ground, smashed the goals, set things on fire, even dug up the pitch so AEK don't get to use it :rotflmao:

Dundee Utd fans will be sound, AEK Athens will be to busy/worried with Panionios fans to even think about the travelling Utd support!

Could be mental this one.

:faf:

http://aekarchives.wordpress.com/

Antifa Hibs
24-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Feel sorry for the Arabs across there but this is pricelss :greengrin

http://www.eastfootball.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=627225&postcount=486

hibsboy90
24-08-2010, 11:27 PM
So it now looks like the game will be played at Olympiakos' stadium, but with only Dundee Utd fans attending. Since police and Olympiakos didn't think it's advisable to let AEK fans iinto the Olympiakos stadium.

It's like Raners pitch at Ibrox being declared crap, switching to Firrhill at the last moment, but total capacity is less than the Tickets sold by Rangers, forgetting the away fans altogether. The Partick Thistle wildboys have trashed their own stadium, making it unplayable. As such, Celtic Park looks like it's hosting the game, with only away fans there. Since Celtic don't want huns in their stadium, and police wouldn't think it's too safe.

All a bit wild, and makes me glad that Maribor went relatively smoothly.

Would the arabs rather travel out, not play and get a bye, or be mucked about, and play, with the whole situation a setback?!

Gatecrasher
25-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Feel sorry for the Arabs across there but this is pricelss :greengrin

http://www.eastfootball.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=627225&postcount=486
:faf:

bighairyfaeleith
25-08-2010, 07:11 AM
TBH it's all they deserve for still being in europe:wink:

lucky
25-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Read in the Scotsman Utd have 500 traveling so i feel sorry for them. But UFEA should not allow teams to be mucked about like this. I would kick AEK out if the cant get a venue. Its unfair on the supporters who who have traveled. Also how bad are the Greek fans. Trashing your own ground. It mental. Hope RP is taking note and now of they smeelies from Gorgie ever get to sit my shinny new seat.

Antifa Hibs
25-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Read in the Scotsman Utd have 500 traveling so i feel sorry for them. But UFEA should not allow teams to be mucked about like this. I would kick AEK out if the cant get a venue. Its unfair on the supporters who who have traveled. Also how bad are the Greek fans. Trashing your own ground. It mental. Hope RP is taking note and now of they smeelies from Gorgie ever get to sit my shinny new seat.

Generally abroad grounds are owned by the council, the clubs just rent it of them, so the fans don't really care about the stadiums.

Bit like a junkie trashing his cooncil flat...

Spudster
25-08-2010, 10:53 AM
athens isnae that big.
:confused: 7th biggest city in Europe. Bigger than: Berlin, Rome, Lisbon and every city in the UK outwith London.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Just had a text from an Arab that is across there who told me that the temperature has just hit 43 and the locals say that it should go beyond 45 later in the day. You can't walk around in that, never mind play 90 minutes of footy.

iwasthere1972
25-08-2010, 12:14 PM
May have misheard this but not sure. SSN were doing a telephone interview with some Greek guy and I think he said that the game may be played behind closed doors with the exception of the 500 or so travelling arab fans.

Anybody else hear this or did I just make this up?

Atalanta
25-08-2010, 12:17 PM
May have misheard this but not sure. SSN were doing a telephone interview with some Greek guy and I think he said that the game may be played behind closed doors with the exception of the 500 or so travelling arab fans.

Thats what they said, at Panathanaikos' stadium I think they said.

iwasthere1972
25-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Thats what they said, at Panathanaikos' stadium I think they said.

In that case expect riots outside. Wouldn't like to be wearing tangerine or a tea towel round my head.

IWasThere2016
25-08-2010, 12:29 PM

Yup - (reluctantly) I think the Arabs should be put through

Just had a text from an Arab that is across there who told me that the temperature has just hit 43 and the locals say that it should go beyond 45 later in the day. You can't walk around in that, never mind play 90 minutes of footy.

Scorchio! They'll get pumped if the game goes ahead :greengrin

down-the-slope
25-08-2010, 04:11 PM
its a total farce :bitchy: DUFC should be given a 3-0 win for AEK forfeiting match

Can you imagiene if it was us and the game had been potentially played in 4 different grounds over a 5 day period...we would be raging ...how are you supposed to plan...now the Arabs with have to put up with nutters maurading around the streets outside their bitter rivals ground as they are not going to be allowed in..

(think Hibs in same situation with game ending up at tynecastle and no Hibs supporters being allowed in but fans trying to find a way of seeing it / the nastier element of support looking for vicims to take out their displeasure on...and times it by 5)

London Hibs FC
25-08-2010, 06:22 PM

Incidentally, and as bizarre as it may seem, the guy on the telephone (Tasso) was actually born in Edinburgh and is a 'converted' Hibby........ the Scottish side of his family were previously involved with Hearts!!

He was in the Hibs End with me at the AEK Game in Athens..... Guy is my best mate and an absolute legend!

Calvin
26-08-2010, 08:39 AM
It's being played at Olympiacos' ground now. If I had known this three weeks ago, I'd be there!