PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Stokes (Merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Prawn Sandwich
24-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Right ....... Tin hat on. I have just had a text from a Glaswegian 'who would know' that Stokes is in talks with Celtic. The deal is not done, but they said that Celtic has signed Jordan Lotties from Nancy a defender who can play midfield. That's all I know except the source is generally not prone to telling me nonsense. We'll see?

smurf
24-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Rumours on Facebook...

Wee Scottie Dug
24-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Right ....... Tin hat on. I have just had a text from a Glaswegian 'who would know' that Stokes is in talks with Celtic. The deal is not done, but they said that Celtic has signed Jordan Lotties from Nancy a defender who can play midfield. That's all I know except the source is generally not prone to telling me nonsense. We'll see?

For Stokes to be talking to Celtic - Hibs would have to have given them permission and I believe that has not been sought, never mind given - Whether his 'representatives' are talking to the filthy bassas is an entirely different matter.

I wish these 'sources' would be a bit more accurate with the details ..... :greengrin

CB_NO3
24-08-2010, 04:39 PM
This rumour has been flying about for ages. Its only cause Stokes is Irish everyone thinks there is truth in it.

HibeeSince85
24-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I have a feeling he's still going to be here come the end of the window BUT if we are selling to those dafties then minimum £4m.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2010, 04:43 PM
I think Stokes may be heading a bit further east than Parkhead. A few thousand miles east to be more specific.

jgl07
24-08-2010, 04:45 PM
I think Stokes may be heading a bit further east than Parkhead. A few thousand miles east to be more specific.
Is Parkhead to the East?

Gettin' Auld
24-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Is Parkhead to the East?
:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
24-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Is Parkhead to the East?

It's most definitely to the west of where Stokes is possibly heading.

HibeeSince85
24-08-2010, 04:52 PM
It's most definitely to the west of where Stokes is possibly heading.

The States? Really?

Pretty Boy
24-08-2010, 04:56 PM
The States? Really?

I think you will find the US is most definitely to the west of Parkhead.

I clearly said Stokes would be heading east of Parkhead or to a country that Parkhead is to the west of, so try again.:wink:

HibeeSince85
24-08-2010, 05:00 PM

I clearly said Stokes would be heading east of Parkhead or to a country that Parkhead is to the west of, so try again.:wink:

I think I just made a serious tit out of myself there, I am good at Geography usually.

Ok next Guess.......Russia?

I'm a tool:greengrin

.Sean.
24-08-2010, 05:01 PM

It's to the East if you take the loooong way round! :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs

Kazakhstan?

HFC 0-7

I think you will find its actually both East and West of Parkhead. Just depends what way you want to go.

jgl07
24-08-2010, 05:02 PM

No you said further East than Parkhead. That is rather misleading.

The only established team to the west of Parkhead is Rangers. So all teams (outside North and South America) are East of Parkhead.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2010, 05:04 PM
I think I just made a serious tit out of myself there, I am good at Geography usually.

Ok next Guess.......Russia?

I'm a tool:greengrin

To be fair as someone has pointed out the US is both east and west of Parkhead.

Russia may not be a bad shout. Nothing definite, just a rumour.

Toaods
24-08-2010, 05:17 PM
It's only East if you crossed the International Dateline therefore it is officially West of smellysville.

greenlex
24-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Further east thanparkhead the long way round is ER. He is staying here then?

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2010, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about this. Seems to be Pretty Boy is just another one of they people who post pish rumours without any actual information, to give themselves a sense of self importance.

You are just in a mood because you never have any inside info......:wink:

SRHibs
24-08-2010, 05:32 PM
You are just in a mood because you never have any inside info......:wink:
Maybe. :greengrin

Skanko79
24-08-2010, 05:35 PM
honestly. i really dont understand some of the crap folk put on here. do folk really have nothing better to do with there time than just sit and make up rubbish fantasy football rumours in there heads like the mark wilson thing. after all, we all support the same team so what benefit do folk actually get from totally fabricating these storys.

the fact is. every player has his price, stokes, deeks and bamba. if the right offer came in they would be on their way and thats that. so effectively, every player at er could be on his way. to come up with a completely rubbish rumour like stokes is going to celtic just stupid. and totally pointless as we are all aware of the fact that he could go there. nae kneed to to start viscious rumours. pointless.

Kaiser1962
24-08-2010, 05:39 PM
This rumour has been flying about for ages. Its only cause Stokes is Irish everyone thinks there is truth in it.

Yip. And with McGreedy gone they have no full ROI internationals. After all, in a quite recent squad, we had two players to their one and, as they are the Oirish club to be sure, that will never do. Stokes has made no secret of the fact he has leanings towards Celtic so if they want him then I trust Rod to do the deal, or not, that best serves Hibs interests.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about this. Seems to be Pretty Boy is just another one of they people who post pish rumours without any actual information, to give themselves a sense of self importance.

I heard this last week, and posted if anyone had actually heard the same on the private board today. £2M was the figure i was told. No idea if its true though.

SRHibs
24-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I heard this last week, and posted if anyone had actually heard the same on the private board today. £2M was the figure i was told. No idea if its true though.
Apologies to Pretty Boy then.:agree:

£2M doesn't seem like a massive amount for a player as prolific as Stokes, but I dunno if I can see us knocking that back if true...:boo hoo:

The_Todd
24-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Celtc in linked with Irish player shocker.

:faint:

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2010, 06:02 PM
The concern would be is it going to drag out until just before the transfer deadline and then leave us struggling to get a replacement.

I could see it happening but I could also see it falling through with Petrie being awkward. I can't imagine there is that much left in the biscuit tin regardless of Mcgreedy's sale. Especially with no Champs league money.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Apologies to Pretty Boy then.:agree:

£2M doesn't seem like a massive amount for a player as prolific as Stokes, but I dunno if I can see us knocking that back if true...:boo hoo:

Apology duly accepted. I hate pi5h rumours as much as the next man. I think this is only the 2nd rumour i've posted on here, the other being Michael Hart, so far i'm 100% correct, hoping it drops to 50% as losing Stokes would be a real blow.

Wee Scottie Dug
24-08-2010, 06:18 PM

I heard last week (cant tell you the source for obvious reasons :yawn:) that it might rain this week as stupidly I had a lot of golf planned ...... and guess what its rained every day so far ....... :greengrin

I think you've spent too much time debating with salfordhibs and the crap rumours are rubbing off on you ...... :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2010, 06:21 PM
I heard last week (cant tell you the source for obvious reasons :yawn:) that it might rain this week as stupidly I had a lot of golf planned ...... and guess what its rained every day so far ....... :greengrin

I think you've spent too much time debating with salfordhibs and the crap rumours are rubbing off on you ...... :greengrin

:greengrin

Wee Scottie Dug
24-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Apology duly accepted. I hate pi5h rumours as much as the next man. I think this is only the 2nd rumour i've posted on here, the other being Michael Hart, so far i'm 100% correct, hoping it drops to 50% as losing Stokes would be a real blow.

Don't want to 'pi$$ on your parade' but it was hardly an 'exclusive' rumour regarding Hart since we had tried to get him last winter and his quoted comments in the press indicated a willingness to join us ...... I'm sure even footballrumours beat you timing wise on that rumour!

Unless of course you want to reveal more information on how far east he is heading and more details on your 'source' :greengrin

Skanko79
24-08-2010, 06:34 PM

:greengrin:greengrin

this place isnae half rumour central. most of it if not all is complete bollox.

At The Edge
24-08-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm sure i read that the ginger to**er saying that he probably now has to start offloading players before he can get anymore in, hes signed 8 i think, not sure how many have left other than McGreedy and Sheridan?

as has been said in this thread, i don't think The Tache will let him go cheap if he was to go

Perspective
24-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Think there's something in this, especially with the injury to Hooper. Also don't think the interest will catch Yogi or the board cold - they've been anticipating this.

I'd expect Stokes and Bamba to be moved on before the end of the window and both will be a huge loss.

Bostonhibby
24-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Further east thanparkhead the long way round is ER. He is staying here then?

Thats what I was thinking but with such a huge distance, you have to alow a bit of margin for error, maybe he is going to end up in Lochend? Think I will post it as a transfer rumour.

Skanko79
24-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Thats what I was thinking but with such a huge distance, you have to alow a bit of margin for error, maybe he is going to end up in Lochend? Think I will post it as a transfer rumour.

unless he signs for mussy united.

Jonnyboy
24-08-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm sure i read that the ginger to**er saying that he probably now has to start offloading players before he can get anymore in, hes signed 8 i think, not sure how many have left other than McGreedy and Sheridan?

as has been said in this thread, i don't think The Tache will let him go cheap if he was to go

I suggest we offer to take Scott Brown in a straight swop :wink::greengrin

Pretty Boy
24-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Don't want to 'pi$$ on your parade' but it was hardly an 'exclusive' rumour regarding Hart since we had tried to get him last winter and his quoted comments in the press indicated a willingness to join us ...... I'm sure even footballrumours beat you timing wise on that rumour!

Unless of course you want to reveal more information on how far east he is heading and more details on your 'source' :greengrin

It may not have been exclusive as such but i posted on the thread about Paul Hartley(whatever happened to that happening by the way?) that Hart had signed, this was a good while before Hibs announced it was the case. Hart signed a good while before Hibs released it to the media.

I have no specifics as such just that a Russian club either had bid or where prepearing a bid for Stokes. I won't name my source but he is the ex head of youth development at Aberdeen and quite a good friend of Michael hart(hence how i got the Hart info), not sure how he would know about Stokes and Russia but i'm sure he has plenty mates in the game who hear things and told me because he knows i'm a Hibby. He also told me a while back Hibs were interested in Zander Diamond but i didn't post that on the main board as he asked me not to, i did mention it on the PM board but obviously nothing has come from it.

Wee Scottie Dug
24-08-2010, 07:09 PM
It may not have been exclusive as such but i posted on the thread about Paul Hartley(whatever happened to that happening by the way?) that Hart had signed, this was a good while before Hibs announced it was the case. Hart signed a good while before Hibs released it to the media.

I have no specifics as such just that a Russian club either had bid or where prepearing a bid for Stokes. I won't name my source but he is the ex head of youth development at Aberdeen and quite a good friend of Michael hart(hence how i got the Hart info), not sure how he would know about Stokes and Russia but i'm sure he has plenty mates in the game who hear things and told me because he knows i'm a Hibby. He also told me a while back Hibs were interested in Zander Diamond but i didn't post that on the main board as he asked me not to, i did mention it on the PM board but obviously nothing has come from it.

Not doubting your source mate ...... pretty sure Hibs get plenty of offers that we don't ever hear about and I'm fairly confident that this one will fall firmly in that category. Time will tell I suppose and as there is only a week left until our transfer window closes we won't have long to wait!!

I'm also pretty sure we will see 'wilder' rumours both 'out' and 'in' in the coming 7 days - whoopee cant wait!! (until its over that is - cant be bothered with all the wasted angst!) :greengrin

MJN1875
24-08-2010, 07:54 PM

Bumped into Stokes and his bird on Sat night at Bristo Square, good lad. Said hes probably away next season.

Skanko79
24-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Bumped into Stokes and his bird on Sat night at Bristo Square, good lad. Said hes probably away next season.

whats your source mate?

MJN1875
24-08-2010, 08:07 PM
whats your source mate?

Sorry it was Sunday after the game about 7. He was going to a show at Bristo Square, the venue on the right hand side as if you are going from Forrest rd to south side. As I said I saw him and got his bird to take a pic on my phone of us. I then spoke to him for a few mins but he had to go to see the show, I then asked if he was staying (as I always do when I see a player for hibs when they are linked with a move) and he said yeah, I said good what about next year and he said hed probably be away for next season. How long does he have left on his contract out of interest?

Prawn Sandwich
24-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Stokes obviously didn't get the same text as me then?

Skanko79
24-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Sorry it was Sunday after the game about 7. He was going to a show at Bristo Square, the venue on the right hand side as if you are going from Forrest rd to south side. As I said I saw him and got his bird to take a pic on my phone of us. I then spoke to him for a few mins but he had to go to see the show, I then asked if he was staying (as I always do when I see a player for hibs when they are linked with a move) and he said yeah, I said good what about next year and he said hed probably be away for next season. How long does he have left on his contract out of interest?

i was winding you up mate. :thumbsup:

was having a go at some of the folk on here who think they work for the sun or daily record and have "sources" lot of gash if you ask me.

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2010, 08:10 PM
whats your source mate?

:tee hee:

MJN1875
24-08-2010, 08:16 PM
i was winding you up mate. :thumbsup:

was having a go at some of the folk on here who think they work for the sun or daily record and have "sources" lot of gash if you ask me.

Im so tired I never even thought about that! Still recovering from Sunday night. Na im no tellin lies though, thats what he said. Tbh if he was about to sign for someone hes hardly going to tell me but he said next year, so Yogi better get looking for a replacement and get Deeks signed for life!

SRHibs
24-08-2010, 10:52 PM
The concern would be is it going to drag out until just before the transfer deadline and then leave us struggling to get a replacement.

I could see it happening but I could also see it falling through with Petrie being awkward. I can't imagine there is that much left in the biscuit tin regardless of Mcgreedy's sale. Especially with no Champs league money.

Maybe Denneboom is the signing we've got lined up in case Stokes goes to the tims. Although I'd hope we'd be looking for someone with a bit better a scoring record in all honest.

Kaiser1962
25-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Depend on your definition of awkward McH. If by being awkward Rod is not going to allow the club to be bent over and royally rogered roughly from behind then I for one say go on Rod.

helsbels
25-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Also heard this rumour yesterday from within ER.

If he is going will need to get someone in quickly to replace him.

Aldo
25-08-2010, 02:29 PM

Might see the Biscan boy back?? :wink:

You never know what might happen.

Steve20
25-08-2010, 02:32 PM
We are already well short on good players all over the park, so losing another one would be a nightmare. Especially one that is capable of scoring 20 goals a season.

Phil MaGlass
25-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Well, whenever he leaves, hopefully we will get a wee wad of cash for him?

Wee Scottie Dug
25-08-2010, 02:44 PM

Yeah ..... sure :rolleyes:

Probably one of the office staff reads Hibs.Net and told his/her pal :wink:

Thats how most 'rumours' start ...... anyway 6 days and 8.25 hours of this garbage to endure :devil:

smurf
25-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Every club needs cash but I'd suggest we also need PLAYERS...

Steve20
25-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Every club needs cash but I'd suggest we also need PLAYERS...

:agree:

A left back, centre half, a midfielder who is willing to tackle and a striker. If Stokes leaves, make that 2 strikers.

scoopyboy
25-08-2010, 02:47 PM

The way football is these days it wouldn't be the end of the world on Tuesday if a player was sold just before the deadline.

There are that many free agents that there will always be someone that HIbs can sign.

Liam Miller last season and Deneboom and Biscan are free agents now so they may well still be on September 1st.

Plus a lot of players and clubs negotiate pay offs on August 31st so those players also become free agents.

jgl07
25-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Nothing has been reported yet from the Easter Road fishman so I remain very sceptical.

RickyS
25-08-2010, 02:59 PM

A left back, centre half, a midfielder who is willing to tackle and a striker. If Stokes leaves, make that 2 strikers.

agree, but we will need to see evidence of the "pack shuffle" before anyone arrives?

silverhibee
25-08-2010, 03:02 PM
The way football is these days it wouldn't be the end of the world on Tuesday if a player was sold just before the deadline.

There are that many free agents that there will always be someone that HIbs can sign.

Liam Miller last season and Deneboom and Biscan are free agents now so they may well still be on September 1st.

Plus a lot of players and clubs negotiate pay offs on August 31st so those players also become free agents.

And there is always Alan Gow.:greengrin

RoslinInstHibby
25-08-2010, 03:09 PM
i know for a fact that they are after him:agree:, hopefully hibs have/will tell them where to go

RickyS
25-08-2010, 03:16 PM
i know for a fact that they are after him:agree:, hopefully hibs have/will tell them where to go

i think if they bid anywhere near a million Rod will take it for a player we got for nowt ( i think)

SneakersO'Toole
25-08-2010, 03:16 PM
£2m up front and they can have him IMO.

Hughes will have replacements lined up and it might give Hughes the ability to offer Riordan the contract he wants/deserves.

patlowe
25-08-2010, 03:19 PM
How long does he have left on his contract?

RickyS
25-08-2010, 03:22 PM
How long does he have left on his contract?

he signed a 3yr deal on the 21st Aug last year.

cockneymike
25-08-2010, 03:23 PM
£2m up front and they can have him IMO.

Hughes will have replacements lined up and it might give Hughes the ability to offer Riordan the contract he wants/deserves.

I'd hate to see him leave, but if that was the deal I'd take it.

FitbaFolkKen
25-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Depend on your definition of awkward McH. If by being awkward Rod is not going to allow the club to be bent over and royally rogered roughly from behind then I for one say go on Rod.

Aye, i meant awkward in the sense of getting us a good deal, but knowing the class of the west coasters they would drag it out to the last minute to limit our options.

I'm all for Rod being awkward btw, especially with that lot! Just imagine him Jerry Maguire style " show me the money, SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!"

BEEJ
25-08-2010, 04:08 PM

That's true; but it's a risky strategy to pursue, isn't it. You would have to be following the progress of five or six players for any one position due to the fact that a number will get tied up on contracts as the transfer deadline approaches.

And you don't want to be left with just the flotsam and jetsam of the transfer market. You're not always going to pick up players of the calibre of Miller after the window has closed.

scoopyboy
25-08-2010, 04:15 PM
That's true; but it's a risky strategy to pursue, isn't it. You would have to be following the progress of five or six players for any one position due to the fact that a number will get tied up on contracts as the transfer deadline approaches.

And you don't want to be left with just the flotsam and jetsam of the transfer market. You're not always going to pick up players of the calibre of Miller after the window has closed.

Agreed but a players wage demands could well drop overnight from August 31st to September 1st and we all know Rodders does like to drive a hard bargain.

A few years ago I would have said it was a real risky strategy but although it is still risky now it isn't as much of a gamble.

scoopyboy
25-08-2010, 04:16 PM
And there is always Alan Gow.:greengrin

I was going to cite that as an example but couldn't take the flak this afternoon.

HibsMax
25-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Parkhead is east of me........

3pm
25-08-2010, 04:26 PM
£3m for Stokes. ER is no longer a place to pick up a bargain.

hibee_nation
25-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Parkhead is east of me........

And me, but i can smell it more than you can. :greengrin

truehibernian
25-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I can see both Gow and Denneboom coming to the club with perhaps big Sol the man to ease the financial burden. I also think one of our keepers will be away on a free. Would make sense to hold on the AS at the very least til the January window. That way we can still maximise profit on him when clubs down south and abroad are in a position to see what they need and what striking options are there to improve their chances of survival etc. If he keeps scoring goals in the SPL I think he will move in January to be honest but not before then.

Beefster
25-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm surprised that folk seem so keen to sell a 20+ goals a season striker. I keep hearing that Riordan is irreplaceable because he guarantees 15+ goals a season so what does that make Stokes?

MrSmith
25-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm surprised that folk seem so keen to sell a 20+ goals a season striker. I keep hearing that Riordan is irreplaceable because he guarantees 15+ goals a season so what does that make Stokes?

Inevitable.............unfortunately!

We support a club that sells its best players! So we can:

a) accept the inevitable
b) just get on with it
c) become depressed
d) all hail the tasche
e) refuse to go back
f) show dissent and protest
g) take the money and continue to build the infrastructure or service the debt.

And that's our lot as Hibees......

aberhibsfc
25-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Well if he goes anywhere I'd expect it to be for a ransom. I would also expect Hibs to heavily invest those funds towards additional team members.

Beefster
25-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Inevitable.............unfortunately!

We support a club that sells its best players! So we can:

a) accept the inevitable
b) just get on with it
c) become depressed
d) all hail the tasche
e) refuse to go back
f) show dissent and protest
g) take the money and continue to build the infrastructure or service the debt.

And that's our lot as Hibees......

I agree. Just pointing out the inconsistency between folk being quite happy to sell 20+ goals a season but wailing and hollering if it's suggested that 15+ goals a season is sold.

If we do sell though, I expect some significant reinvestment in the playing squad. I've become fed up listening for countless years about how we will start spending some of the transfer fees taken in once we have completed the stadium/training facility or serviced the debt.

jgl07
25-08-2010, 08:07 PM
If Celtic want Stokes why wait until now before making a move?

Why hang on till the season is three matches old and Stokes is cup tied for the EUROPA League? It leaves no time to get a new player through pre-season training etc.

It also makes no sense to Hibs to have to scrat around for a replacement from the out of contract players and then face the problem of the four to six week required to get the newcomer full match fit.

If there was going to be a move then surely the papers would be full of it now. Recall the fuss before Thomson and Whitaker went to Rangers, plus Brown to Celtic. Moves from Hibs to the OF are never shrouded in secrecy.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-08-2010, 08:27 PM
If Celtic want Stokes why wait until now before making a move?

Why hang on till the season is three matches old and Stokes is cup tied for the EUROPA League? It leaves no time to get a new player through pre-season training etc.

It also makes no sense to Hibs to have to scrat around for a replacement from the out of contract players and then face the problem of the four to six week required to get the newcomer full match fit.

If there was going to be a move then surely the papers would be full of it now. Recall the fuss before Thomson and Whitaker went to Rangers, plus Brown to Celtic. Moves from Hibs to the OF are never shrouded in secrecy.

Could be playing the cynical long game. Couple of derogatory bids which they know will be knocked back, fills the laddies head with thoughts of riches, and they hope to come back in the summer and pick up the "unsettled" player on the cheap.

Mind you, didnae quite work out that way when they tried it wi Fletcher :wink:

HenryMonk
25-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Has any thought that stokes may want to go and its hibs who have said no to the smellies cos there not offering enough!
Abit of brinkmsnship going on between hibs,stokes and smellies. And rod will blink last to screw the smellies and stokes;-)

hibee92
25-08-2010, 10:48 PM
£3m for Stokes. ER is no longer a place to pick up a bargain.

we'll be lucky, i'm hearing £1.2mil! :grr: hope to whoever lives above its total bollox! if he leaves what are we gonna do? nish and deeks our only strikers with byrne the one back-up, we should NOT sell under any circumstances :grr:

Hibby 2005
25-08-2010, 10:58 PM
We've got 2 years, stop panicking. He'll be sold next summer, I doubt to the Celts. 3 million is defo possible depending on this season.

hibee92
25-08-2010, 11:08 PM
We've got 2 years, stop panicking. He'll be sold next summer, I doubt to the Celts. 3 million is defo possible depending on this season.

hope you're right but what i've been told is that he's causing problems and they want rid of him soon as :confused: nothing seems to indicate that on the pitch or anything and it seems bizzare to me, also my source is a long winded game of chinese whispers so hoping its p1sh :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2010, 02:27 AM
5 million. Make dem weedgies sweat dat ****.

Hibs90
26-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Can't and don't want to see him go anywhere.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2010, 07:34 AM
£2m

jgl07
26-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Well I continue to scour the BBC Scottish Football Gossip pages and can find no mention of any Celtic interest in Stokes or any other Hibs player.

I am surprised that it has not been picked up from on here by the tabloids.

Skanko79
26-08-2010, 02:42 PM
it seems some of us are resigned to losing him already because some pleb has bugger all more to do with his time than sit and make up fantasy football rumours.

stokes is going nowhere.

Kaiser1962
26-08-2010, 02:49 PM
5 million. Make dem weedgies sweat dat ****.

Yip. If he goes to Celtic and score thirty goals, which he will, then they will be telling everyone what a bargain they got and trying to flog him for £9m+. Remember they told spurs that for Broony.

The_Todd
26-08-2010, 03:21 PM
we'll be lucky, i'm hearing £1.2mil! :grr: hope to whoever lives above its total bollox! if he leaves what are we gonna do? nish and deeks our only strikers with byrne the one back-up, we should NOT sell under any circumstances :grr:

No need to get too angry about something that hasn't happened and at this stage doesn't look likely to happen either.

Hibs can hold out for asmuch as they like. Rod isn't to be messed with, if a fax with an offer of £1.2m came through his fax machine he'd use it to wipe his tears of laughter away.

Isn't going to happen, not at that price anyway.

hibee92
26-08-2010, 03:45 PM
No need to get too angry about something that hasn't happened and at this stage doesn't look likely to happen either.

Hibs can hold out for asmuch as they like. Rod isn't to be messed with, if a fax with an offer of £1.2m came through his fax machine he'd use it to wipe his tears of laughter away.

Isn't going to happen, not at that price anyway.

hope to god you're right, one of the most important players at the club :agree:

AJHibby
26-08-2010, 04:09 PM
I know there is another thread already about this but just been told its been announced on the radio that he is definetely gone.

Anyone else hear it?

Golden Bear
26-08-2010, 04:12 PM
"BBC Radio Scotland" understands that Hibernian striker Anthony Stokes is on a short list of strikers currently wanted by Celtic. So it was just announced.

Makes me wonder if Stokes's recent misdemeanors were stage managed with an ulterior motive in mind.

:hmmm:

ancienthibby
26-08-2010, 04:15 PM
I know there is another thread already about this but just been told its been announced on the radio that he is definetely gone.

Anyone else hear it?

So you can't even name the radio station??!!

Was it Janny's Tranny???:bye::bye::bye::bye:

jgl07

Anyone else hear it?
If you must post crap. Keep it to the right thread.

Golden Bear

Anyone else hear it?

See my reply in the other thread. I must have heard a different broadcast from the one you listened to !

AJHibby
26-08-2010, 04:19 PM
See my reply in the other thread. I must have heard a different broadcast from the one you listened to !

Read my post again and you'll see it wasn't me who listened to it and it could be a wind up.

Bloody hell, this is why I don't post often because even when I've quite clearly said it wasn't me who heard it, I don't know if I even believe it myself, I still get shot down. FFS

Underdose
26-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Perhaps you should have put in your title (unconfirmed).

You can surely see the commotion it has caused as people log on to see a thread titled 'stokes to celtic'

AJHibby
26-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Perhaps you should have put in your title (unconfirmed).

You can surely see the commotion it has caused as people log on to see a thread titled 'stokes to celtic'

Still, no need for such an angry reaction especially after they have taken the time to read and respond to the thread no?

Underdose
26-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I didn't condone it.

jgl07
26-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Read my post again and you'll see it wasn't me who listened to it and it could be a wind up.

Bloody hell, this is why I don't post often because even when I've quite clearly said it wasn't me who heard it, I don't know if I even believe it myself, I still get shot down. FFS
Well you deserve all you get for scaremongering.

Mysterious how no one else has been listening to this mysterious radio channel.

Golden Bear
26-08-2010, 04:33 PM

Fair doos - I didn't intend to shoot you down.

And it is still possible that different broadcasters have come out with different stories.

HibsMax
26-08-2010, 04:42 PM

I think the problem is just your choice of words. Some readers get jumpy. I personally don't pay much attention to the rumour mill, I much prefer to wait and see what happens which means that I'm dealing with facts and don't leave myself open for getting shot down.

Take it on the chin and move on. :wink:

MB62
26-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Just been told that Stokes has signed for the dodgers with Hibs getting £1.5m for him.
Extremely disappointed at the price as I reckon he was worth more than that.

Source is a very good friend and Hibby who happens to be at work right at this moment in time with one of our local newspapers. Unfortunately, I do believe this to be true.

I think we have sold ourselves short one this one :grr:

Frazerbob
26-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Radio Scotland reporting that Stokes might be a Celtc player within a couple of days.

hibee92
26-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Just been told that Stokes has signed for the dodgers with Hibs getting £1.5m for him.

Source is a very good friend and Hibby who happens to be at work right at this moment in time with one of our local newspapers. Unfortunately, I do believe this to be true.

anyone heard from a reliable source that its bollix? anyone? ...please! :grr:

HibsMax
26-08-2010, 05:17 PM

Just heard the same. link (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?190888-(Greggs)-Stokes&p=2557370&viewfull=1#post2557370).

Betty Boop
26-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Why do we always sell our best players to them ? I thought we were all right financially? :grr:

MB62
26-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Radio Scotland reporting that Stokes might be a Celtc player within a couple of days.

From what I believe, it is a done deal and the two days is simply about the timing of the announcement

At The Edge
26-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Just sent a quick message to my Celtic mate, see if hes heard anything on the Celtic boards, he said it looks like its going ahead but there one or two issues to finalise.

Hibs90
26-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Just sent a quick message to my Celtic mate, see if hes heard anything on the Celtic boards, he said it looks like its going ahead but there one or two issues to finalise.

:faf:

So because one random mate of your's who happens to post on a Celtic message board says its going ahead its true.

What a load of bollocks.

Also funny how many people seem to now know about this.

AJHibby
26-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Well you deserve all you get for scaremongering.

Mysterious how no one else has been listening to this mysterious radio channel.

Why do you think I was asking if anyone else had heard it...? Hardly scaremongering

Mikey
26-08-2010, 05:35 PM
I can tell you right now what the fee will be.

Undisclosed :wink:

If it happens!

MB62
26-08-2010, 05:37 PM

So because one random mate of your's who happens to post on a Celtic message board says its going ahead its true.

What a load of bollocks.

Meeko, whilst I share your anxiety on this, unfortunately this time, it seems it is a fact he has gone. It seems to be our lot in life as Hibbies that we just continually sell our best players, it has happened all my days and I don't see an end to it in the distant future either.

Still, we can all go along and look at our lovely new stand, pitch and journeymen fitba players :boo hoo:

James70
26-08-2010, 05:38 PM
If Stokes is sold we will be able to afford Gow, just great! :grr:

At The Edge
26-08-2010, 05:39 PM

What a load of bollocks.

One. i never said it was true, read what i posted, what i said was i asked him if there was anything on the Celtic msg boards re. Stokes.

He replied with what he had heard from his end, again i never said it was true and neither did my mate.
Jumping to your own conclusions i think.....

Westie1875
26-08-2010, 05:40 PM
If Stokes is sold we will be able to afford Gow, just great! :grr:

If Stokes is sold we'll need to bring in more than one striker, and they'll need to be better than Gow unless we want to go backwards.

CapitalHibs
26-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Why do we always sell our best players to them ? I thought we were all right financially? :grr:

Player no happy... player wants more money....player wants to play for childhood heroes:bye:

CapitalHibs
26-08-2010, 05:44 PM
If Stokes is sold we'll need to bring in more than one striker, and they'll need to be better than Gow unless we want to go backwards.

The Brazilian lad and the Croatian Biscan sound good to me.

lyonhibs
26-08-2010, 05:45 PM
il be waiting until something appears on somone's official sitb before getting all het up over this. Grim news if true, especially at the mentioned price. We needed 1 more striker anyway, we'll need 2 more at least if this goes through.

SQHib
26-08-2010, 05:48 PM
"ginger hair in unacceptable" lennon just on radio scotland saying - "stokes is an option for us - a player I like but nothing to else to say about it atm"

Frazerbob
26-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Neil Lennon, when asked a few minutes ago on the radio......."he's a player we like but I'm not going to say any more AT THE MINUTE".

:bye: Cherio Anthony.......I hope you get away with all your nonsense with the lesser greens!

PeterboroHibee
26-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Really dont see the value in selling him now, especially to a rival club. We are so short on strikers as it is, to then go and sell not only our best striker last season, but one of our most valuable assets is totally unacceptable imo.

Riordan and Stokes carried us in games last season, our defence is shocking so we rely on them, to sell one of them could see us struggling. If true hope they know what they are doing, replacing someone who scored 20 goals in their first season is going to be an almost impossible task.

Hibs90
26-08-2010, 05:59 PM
One. i never said it was true, read what i posted, what i said was i asked him if there was anything on the Celtic msg boards re. Stokes.

He replied with what he had heard from his end, again i never said it was true and neither did my mate.
Jumping to your own conclusions i think.....

Fair enough, but most rumours on the internet are bollocks though.

Meeko, whilst I share your anxiety on this, unfortunately this time, it seems it is a fact he has gone. It seems to be our lot in life as Hibbies that we just continually sell our best players, it has happened all my days and I don't see an end to it in the distant future either.

Still, we can all go along and look at our lovely new stand, pitch and journeymen fitba players :boo hoo:

I am used to it aswell even in my young age and whilst Stokes probably will be sold I just don't see it happening now. If it does, then Hibs should fleece the soap dodgers for at least £4m. Fair enough, he's Irish - his supported team etc so I can understand why he would want to go, but he will just sit on the bench over there like everyone else.

LeithBoozy
26-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Alright we need to sell player's like any club, but not to our direct opposition its way past a joke if true.I have an older brother who has not set foot back in ER since they sold JOE BAKER. :boo hoo:

snooky
26-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Really dont see the value in selling him now, especially to a rival club. We are so short on strikers as it is, to then go and sell not only our best striker last season, but one of our most valuable assets is totally unacceptable imo.

Riordan and Stokes carried us in games last season, our defence is shocking so we rely on them, to sell one of them could see us struggling. If true hope they know what they are doing, replacing someone who scored 20 goals in their first season is going to be an almost impossible task.

Maybe he has a clause in his contract saying he would be sold on if a bid of over £?,000,000 comes in. Like TMD, I can't for the life of me see any logic in selling him at this stage. The negative vibes, the weakened team, etc. etc. Lose/lose (again) grrrrrrrr.

Oh dear, time to find the old "Board Out" banners. :stirrer:

mjhibby
26-08-2010, 06:04 PM
The story sounds like a lot of lilian gish to me.The only reason hibs would contenance selling stokes would be to finance players coming in and with stokes scoring record i would think £1.5m will be well short of the selling price as we dont need to sell him.What makes this story very fishy is that there has been virtually no mention in the papers and even real radio,that bastion of rumour masking as fact hasnt mentioned it.Radio scotland has previous on hibs players ie riordan to rangers so i thibk its horlicks .Until he signs for£2.5m.Surely he is worth the same as hooper of blinking scunthorpe.
Fwiw guys i think are in the know say stokes loves it at hibs,that he will move on eventually but he is in no rush to move and is unlikely to go especially as we are already very short in the striking dept.Its not as if celtic have a shortage of strikers.Btw surely they wont sign anybody until they get through to the group stages.Mcgeadys transfer i presume covered the ginger ones outgoings so any more transfers would be financed by the europa league group stages would it not.I will be fuming if it goes through but think it is a load of horlicks as i said.:bye:

CapitalHibs
26-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Alright we need to sell player's like any club, but not to our direct opposition its way past a joke if true.I have an older brother who has not set foot back in ER since they sold JOE BAKER. :boo hoo:

Kinda different no? Joe would have re-signed happily for an extra 5 quid a week. Hibs were to blame for that one. And at least he didnae sign for them!

Mikeystewart
26-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Might need to the "greggs" out the title they are talking about it on BBC Scotland now. If we are selling stokes we must invest in the defence.

Rattler
26-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Meanwhile, over on Kerrydale Street, seems like there's mixed views....

http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8352461/1/

Broken Gnome
26-08-2010, 06:10 PM
I feel slightly sick if all this is true. Gutted.

Www1875hfc
26-08-2010, 06:10 PM
In selling stokes to celtic for an undisclosed fee,yogi must have a striker in mind to replace him surely.
Gets rid of the disruptive behaviour within the dressing room(alledgedly)
We have seen better players than stokes leave easter road.
Although some of which didnt give us 20 goals a season.
Would like to see hibs take a player plus cash from celtic.

Mikeystewart
26-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Scott Brown straight swap:wink:

snooky
26-08-2010, 06:17 PM
I feel slightly sick if all this is true. Gutted.

Me too.
How long before we sell the East Stand? :grr:

Underdose
26-08-2010, 06:18 PM
With 2 years left on his contract and 20+ goals last season to sell him for any less than 3-4mil is madness!

Would be really dissapointed with the club if they are selling on the cheap.

CapitalHibs
26-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Unless he's a constantly huffy bassa, Stokes body language says everything about not wanting to be here, imo.

Beefster
26-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Unless he's a constantly huffy bassa, Stokes body language says everything about not wanting to be here, imo.

Behave. Riordan's had the same body language for 7 years and no-one interprets it as not wanting to be here.

Hamish
26-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Young Mr Griffiths at DFC perhaps as a replacement? - or will the cash be given to the bank

Aubenas
26-08-2010, 06:22 PM
If Roy keane says he is a headcase then he must be a real nutter . Hope he stays where he is .

Quote from Kerrydale St.

Baw Baggio
26-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Might need to the "greggs" out the title they are talking about it on BBC Scotland now. If we are selling stokes we must invest in the defence.

...and in attack! Nish isn't good enough to start every game, we need at least another two good strikers if Stokes is sold.

CapitalHibs
26-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Behave. Riordan's had the same body language for 7 years and no-one interprets it as not wanting to be here.

Different type of huffiness, frustration maybe? I think no one ever doubts that Deek is a Hibee,

LeithBoozy
26-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Capital Hibs, I know all about Hibs refusal to pay an extra £5 cost us Joe, my brother remind's me every week.Yes its differant, but selling to Celtic could still cost us fans.

Jones28
26-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Hibs can just F£$% off if they sell Sotkes to Celtic.

Beefster
26-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Different type of huffiness, frustration maybe? I think no one ever doubts that Deek is a Hibee,

And we all know that Stokes didn't grow up supporting Hibs. It's okay to look pissed off constantly on the field as long as you're a Hibs fan?

CapitalHibs
Capital Hibs, I know all about Hibs refusal to pay an extra £5 cost us Joe, my brother remind's me every week.Yes its differant, but selling to Celtic could still cost us fans.

Oh yes, I'm sure there will be a few disillusioned souls - until the next great hope comes along...and our track record says he will:wink:

alanhall69
stokes away to tic for 1.5 mil

jane_says

Quote from Kerrydale St.

What makes me laugh even more is that they actually think they're in with a chance of getting Robbie Keane

Broken Gnome
Ah well, start the week with one half of the OF as cheating spawny ********, end the week with the other half pillaging us yet again....

I can see why he'd want to play for Celtic, it's obvious really, but their signing and scouting policy is beyond lazy now. So tiresome. That's almost the full 11 they've taken off us in the last 10 years.

Captain Trips
26-08-2010, 06:34 PM
If we dont need to sell then dont, why should Celtic get a 20+ goals stiker while we phanny about trying to replace, tell them to **** off and go find somebody the hard way like we would be left doing.

CapitalHibs
26-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Ah well, start the week with one half of the OF as cheating spawny ********, end the week with the other half pillaging us yet again....

I can see why he'd want to play for Celtic, it's obvious really, but their signing and scouting policy is beyond lazy now. So tiresome. That's almost the full 11 they've taken off us in the last 10 years.

Ah well - just how many of them have turned out to be a roaring success?

Leith Green
26-08-2010, 06:36 PM
was just text by my mate saying the same, away to the smellies for 1.5million. boys usually spot on with his info..

Hibs90
26-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Oh yes, I'm sure there will be a few disillusioned souls - until the next great hope comes along...and our track record says he will:wink:

Ltyf, you've pretty much gave yourself away last few posts.

Steve20
26-08-2010, 06:37 PM
1.5M is a joke. However I am sure Petrie will be hailed as some sort of genius again. :rolleyes:

If this money is spent on a left back, centre half and 2 strikers then ok. However, we will bring in a journeyman striker and that will be it.

Joke price Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Ta ta boys:bye:

CapitalHibs
26-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Ltyf, you've pretty much gave yourself away last few posts.

1st time in 20 years of posting I've been accused of that:yawn:

degenerated
26-08-2010, 06:40 PM
1.5M is a joke. However I am sure Petrie will be hailed as some sort of genius again. :rolleyes:

If this money is spent on a left back, centre half and 2 strikers then ok. However, we will bring in a journeyman striker and that will be it.

Joke price Hibs.

how can you criticise petrie about a price he has sold one of our players at when all you have as evidence is rumours on the internet.

mind you, any excuse for a negative post suits you

Hibs90
26-08-2010, 06:42 PM

Sorry if it's not true but your posts sound very yammish.

blackpoolhibs
Penalty against the tramps, come on stick it away and knock them out.

stokesmessiah

Not entirely sure what you have supposedly gave away either!!!:confused:

In seriousness, i will be pretty hacked off if this story is true. If it does go through Yogi better be given all that money to re-invest otherwise we are just going backwards....again !

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2010, 06:43 PM
yyyyeeeessssssss

marinello59

Joke price Hibs.

This has been confirmed has it? Where?

Captain Trips
New stand as Hibs build off park, lets see if we plan to keep building on it.

PaulSmith

anything else to add to that?

To be fair I've said it for long enough every summer for the last 6 years we've sold our main centre forward and captain/centre half.

Why should this be any different

Leith Green
26-08-2010, 06:44 PM

Bamba too??

CapitalHibs
26-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Not entirely sure what you have supposedly gave away either!!!:confused:

In seriousness, i will be pretty hacked off if this story is true. If it does go through Yogi better be given all that money to re-invest otherwise we are just going backwards....again !

Yep I was posting on The Erin Hibs board before this laddie was born. Must be getting too cynical about Hibs after supporting them for 50 years.:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Bamba too??

From what I hear yes........

3pm
26-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Where's Bamba meant to be going?

Leith Green
26-08-2010, 06:49 PM
From what I hear yes........
Cannae say i'd be surprised.. pretty dissapointing if true, Hard to replace bamba and even harder to find a 20 goals a season striker especially with 5 days til the transfer window closes... If true then congratulations Hibs on selling out to the smellies once more!

alanhall69
26-08-2010, 06:49 PM
is this how RP try`s to get rid off managers theses days sell our best players ..
season ticket money in bank now sell best players ...
:notworthy:

Kojock
26-08-2010, 06:50 PM

To anyone who comes up with the right offer as in all Hibs players.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 06:50 PM

France

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2010, 06:51 PM
yes 2-0 **** off smelly tramps.

DarrenSQH
2-0 Utrect!!!! :bye::bye:

Pedantic_Hibee
Cannae wait to see our balance sheet after this sale goes through!!!! F*** my life.

We'll still finish 3rd.

Westie1875

And more importantly, who are the replacements?

Wotherspiniesta
26-08-2010, 06:52 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8948137.stm

:rolleyes:

1875er
26-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Another pen for Utrecht...and its 2-2 ....Maybe Stokes should reconsider!!

CapitalHibs
26-08-2010, 06:54 PM
And more importantly, who are the replacements?

Somebody on here posted that Biscan was really doing the biz at EM when he was on trial:dunno:

3pm
26-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Stokes is going nowhere.....for £1.5m.

PaulSmith
26-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I would say that the amount of noise around this, and with Lennon admitting that he wants Stokes means that it's goodbye Anthony Stokes

silverhibee
26-08-2010, 06:56 PM
yes 2-0 **** off smelly tramps.

:top marks :thumbsup:

Hibs90
This better no ****ing happen:grr:

Baldy Foghorn
I would say that the amount of noise around this, and with Lennon admitting that he wants Stokes means that it's goodbye Anthony Stokes

It has been the worst kept secret ever

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Stokes is going nowhere.....for £1.5m.

Don't bet on that Russell

down-the-slope
26-08-2010, 06:58 PM
All the wringing of hands about us maybe selling is just daft..we got him on a free..and i understand that a release price was set into contract..therefore if anyone bids that we are contractularly obliged to allow Stokes to talk to them...and have no way of making them pay more

3pm
26-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Steven, I'll be stunned if he goes for that fee. And angry as well.

northgreen24
26-08-2010, 06:59 PM
It may just be me but i would accept it if he moved for 1.5 to 2 million. I personally this this will be because he came to hibs in the knowledge that if x offer came in he would be allowed to go. we paid 500k. he scored 20+ goals as he was a player who would normally be way outwith our wage budget. I have no doubt this will be the same for miller and if he goes then we may get someone like him in again. we are always a selling club and it will show others that if you want to re ignight your career then take a chance with hibs, we can never offer the money but we can the shop window.

or mabey I am jsut a happy:clapper::clapper:

Baldy Foghorn
All the wringing of hands about us maybe selling is just daft..we got him on a free..and i understand that a release price was set into contract..therefore if anyone bids that we are contractularly obliged to allow Stokes to talk to them...and have no way of making them pay more

:top marks

3pm
I'd understand it if DTS is right.

Captain Trips
26-08-2010, 07:02 PM
It may just be me but i would accept it if he moved for 1.5 to 2 million. I personally this this will be because he came to hibs in the knowledge that if x offer came in he would be allowed to go. we paid 500k. he scored 20+ goals as he was a player who would normally be way outwith our wage budget. I have no doubt this will be the same for miller and if he goes then we may get someone like him in again. we are always a selling club and it will show others that if you want to re ignight your career then take a chance with hibs, we can never offer the money but we can the shop window.

or mabey I am jsut a happy:clapper::clapper:

I dont think we should be looking to ignite players careers all this will do is give us no continuity and we will as we have been up and down season after season, now is the time to be keeping hold of players and building a settled team in key areas.

jgl07
26-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Like it was when Celtic were poised to sign Steven Fletcher?

Shrekko
26-08-2010, 07:06 PM
This better no ****ing happen:grr:

Why?

Instead of being a drama queen and/or throwing around stupid accusations on posters being Jambo's, why not post something with a bit of substance?

It's already been said- the original deal to get Stokes, (which was a very ambitious move in itself btw which folk are now conveniently forgetting) probably had stipulations about his next move unless you know otherwise?

Lets be honest here- the boy does not give a toss about Hibs and although he's scored goals at SPL level, anyone who thinks he's a multi million pound player must be seeing something different to me.

northgreen24
26-08-2010, 07:07 PM
I dont think we should be looking to ignite players careers all this will do is give us no continuity and we will as we have been up and down season after season, now is the time to be keeping hold of players and building a settled team in key areas.

I totally understand why you would want this Carlsberg but is this realistically ever going to happy? we have a low wage budget and any succesfull player will surley want to go make there fortune and this is just something we cant compete with. I will watch hibs forever but i am afraid that if I was offered 10 time my salary I would be off. It will only be the hibs fans that will return as money made and want to play for HIBS ala Riordan, murray

CapitalHibs
26-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Why?

Instead of being a drama queen and/or throwing around stupid accusations on posters being Jambo's, why not post something with a bit of substance?

It's already been said- the original deal to get Stokes, (which was a very ambitious move in itself btw which folk are now conveniently forgetting) probably had stipulations about his next move unless you know otherwise?

Lets be honest here- the boy does not give a toss about Hibs and although he's scored goals at SPL level, anyone who thinks he's a multi million pound player must be seeing something different to me.

Good post:thumbsup:

Kojock
26-08-2010, 07:14 PM
We sign a problematic player from Sunderland for 500K and sell a problematic player to Smeltic a season later for 1.5 mil. Good business :dunno:

random sub
26-08-2010, 07:17 PM
We sign a problematic player from Sunderland for 500K and sell a problematic player to Smeltic a season later for 1.5 mil. Good business :dunno:

Business smishness ..............or a weakened Hibs side?

Baldy Foghorn

Good business IMHO.....................

PaulSmith

Did we, Hughes last week saying that he has only spent a total of £75k on players in his managerial life

Broken Gnome
26-08-2010, 07:18 PM

Forgive me, I quite liked the 23 goals instead. We'll see over the next week, but I can't really see how this suits Hibs at the current time.

WWFTWTG
26-08-2010, 07:19 PM

Totally agree Hamish

boris the blade
26-08-2010, 07:20 PM
it amazes me that some hibs fans would rather sell players to make the balance sheet look nice than build a decent side. who cares how much he is going for, he is one of our best players and as usual he is off. no wonder folk get pissed off and stop shelling out 400 quid for season tickets and would rather go to the pub than spend 27 quid a ticket.

snooky
26-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Good business IMHO.....................

Must remember to pick up the FT with my match programme :wink:

.... and what post 201 said above :agree:

WWFTWTG
26-08-2010, 07:21 PM
it amazes me that some hibs fans would rather sell players to make the balance sheet look nice than build a decent side. who cares how much he is going for, he is one of our best players and as usual he is off. no wonder folk get pissed off and stop shelling out 400 quid for season tickets and would rather go to the pub than spend 27 quid a ticket.

Eh?

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 07:21 PM

Yes but are you happy that he is troublesome and misses training to get lashed etc??

Hibs90
26-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Why?

The key word being 'probably' in your post. I doubt anyone knows for sure if there was stipulations in his transfer to Hibs or in his contract.

Maybe he doesn't but we lose him and we lose 20 goals a year, with 2/3 strikers left and not long till the window shuts. Hibs should be doing their most to keep him, even if that means giving him a wee wage rise or whatever, because we lose him were ****ed for the season ahead, especailly if we don't get a 20 goal a season striker in as a replacement, which I doubt we will get someone of Stokes quality in.

boris the blade
26-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Totally agree Hamish

totaly disagree hamish

nickwhibs
26-08-2010, 07:25 PM

:top marks

WWFTWTG
26-08-2010, 07:26 PM
totaly disagree hamish

Aye lets try to keep someone who wants to be somewhere else :confused:

boris the blade
26-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Yes but are you happy that he is troublesome and misses training to get lashed etc??

todays footballers generally are troublesome, they usally like a bevvy. the fact is without his goals last season we would have been fighting to stay in the league like we probably will be this season. our only saviors being killie, hamilton and st mirren. our league form was atrocious the second half of last season and what do we do..... sell our best striker and most folk are happy were raising 1.5m the manager will never see.

Hibs90
26-08-2010, 07:28 PM

Where on earth did Stokes say he wanted to be somewhere else?

Aldo
26-08-2010, 07:30 PM
FFS lets all get a grip. This has been on the cards since he signed for us IMHO.
Both Stokes and Bamba will leave us this window bringing in 3 to 4 million.

We will see a CH and 2 x CF's...Denneboom and Biscan signing before the window closes.

To date we have always been a selling club. For me once we have sorted things out off the park we will see things improve on the park and TBH we are not really that far away.

I have read that it's RP's fault well lets see.

WWFTWTG
26-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Where on earth did Stokes say he wanted to be somewhere else?

Is he not talking to the soapdodgers now?

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 07:32 PM
todays footballers generally are troublesome, they usally like a bevvy. the fact is without his goals last season we would have been fighting to stay in the league like we probably will be this season. our only saviors being killie, hamilton and st mirren. our league form was atrocious the second half of last season and what do we do..... sell our best striker and most folk are happy were raising 1.5m the manager will never see.

Who is to say that the possible replacement wont be an instant hit, and score goals aplenty?

Shrekko
26-08-2010, 07:32 PM
The key word being 'probably' in your post. I doubt anyone knows for sure if there was stipulations in his transfer to Hibs or in his contract.

Maybe he doesn't but we lose him and we lose 20 goals a year, with 2/3 strikers left and not long till the window shuts. Hibs should be doing their most to keep him, even if that means giving him a wee wage rise or whatever, because we lose him were ****ed for the season ahead, especailly if we don't get a 20 goal a season striker in as a replacement, which I doubt we will get someone of Stokes quality in.

We probably wont get a 20 goal a season striker to replace Stokes but I'd guess we may get one with a far better all round game. He genuinely is a goalscorer and nothing else- in games he never scored last season he contributed nothing. Then there's the baggage..

When he signed and you were told he would play one season, bag 23 goals and then be sold at a great profit you wouldnt complain would you? Lets face it- did anyone expect him to even sign at all?

I'd be more upset if we gave him a wage rise.

Sloppy
26-08-2010, 07:33 PM
really hope he doesnt leave :boo hoo:

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 07:33 PM
We probably wont get a 20 goal a season striker to replace Stokes but I'd guess we may get one with a far better all round game. He genuinely is a goalscorer and nothing else- in games he never scored last season he contributed nothing. Then there's the baggage..

When he signed and you were told he would play one season, bag 23 goals and then be sold at a great profit you wouldnt complain would you? Lets face it- did anyone expect him to even sign at all?

:agree::agree:

Can't argue with any of the above

boris the blade
26-08-2010, 07:34 PM

i wonder how many hibernian players would like to be somewhere else. the fact is if this was riordan there would be an outcry. stokes is a wee bit arrogant, mons alot, gets into a bit of bother but we wont get anyone even half as good to replace him

snooky
26-08-2010, 07:34 PM

And I'd be even less upset of he was going anywhere but west. :grr:

WWFTWTG
26-08-2010, 07:35 PM
i wonder how many hibernian players would like to be somewhere else. the fact is if this was riordan there would be an outcry. stokes is a wee bit arrogant, mons alot, gets into a bit of bother but we wont get anyone even half as good to replace him

Agree - need to move on.....

Hibs90
26-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Is he not talking to the soapdodgers now?

Do you have proof?

WWFTWTG
Do you have proof?

No

Beefster

We have a higher percentage of balance sheet fetishists than any other support in Scotland. Learn to accept that fact and your blood pressure will be much more controllable.

1875er
Well Stokesy's new team is 3-0 down now!!

Ken
I think alot of people are missing the point here. Hibs have little control of the situation.

If Celtic want Stokes and Stokes wants to move to Celtic, all Celtic need to do is match Hibs' valuation of the player.

We all know Petrie is no fool so let's just leave it up to him and if Stokes is sold then fair enough.

Every time we sell one of our decent players, it's always doom and gloom but another is usually just round the corner!! O'Connor, Fletcher, Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Bamba, Murray, Murphy, Thomson, Brown, Whittaker to name a few.

Hibs90
26-08-2010, 07:40 PM
No

Well then.

I think alot of people are missing the point here. Hibs have little control of the situation.

If Celtic want Stokes and Stokes wants to move to Celtic, all Celtic need to do is match Hibs' asking price!

Which surely means Hibs have full control over the situation? :confused:

xyz23jc
I have a feeling he's still going to be here come the end of the window BUT if we are selling to those dafties then minimum £4m.

With a Petrie sell on clause stylee!! :greengrin

snooky

If Celtic want Stokes and Stokes wants to move to Celtic, all Celtic need to do is match Hibs' asking price!

We all know Petrie is no fool so let's just leave it up to him and if Stokes is sold then fair enough.

Every time we sell one of our decent players, it's always doom and gloom but another is usually just round the corner!! O'Connor, Fletcher, Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Bamba, Murray, Murphy, Thomson, Brown, Whittaker to name a ....

... potential cup and league winning side.

I rest my case. :cool2:

boris the blade
26-08-2010, 07:41 PM
We have a higher percentage of balance sheet fetishists than any other support in Scotland. Learn to accept that fact and your blood pressure will be much more controllable.

thats my point. why do hibs fans now think it ok to just sell our best players. just accept it! the transfer window closes next week and we could be spoilt for choice upfront with riordan and nish! brilliant, i cant wait.

Hibby Kay-Yay
FFS lets all get a grip. This has been on the cards since he signed for us IMHO.
Both Stokes and Bamba will leave us this window bringing in 3 to 4 million.

We will see a CH and 2 x CF's...Denneboom and Biscan signing before the window closes.

To date we have always been a selling club. For me once we have sorted things out off the park we will see things improve on the park and TBH we are not really that far away.

I have read that it's RP's fault well lets see.

yup, don't know a club in scotland or even England who is not a selling club, ok maybe not man c or chelsea!

WWFTWTG
Well then.

Which surely means Hibs have full control over the situation? :confused:

Aye, but...... if wants to go he wil go - end of

xyz23jc
26-08-2010, 07:43 PM

"Excellent! We knew you'd agree...The companies will be very pleased! :thumbsup:

down the slope
On the Beeb website....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8948137.stm

goosano
Celtic interest on BBc website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8948137.stm

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-08-2010, 07:44 PM
thats my point. why do hibs fans now think it ok to just sell our best players. just accept it! the transfer window closes next week and we could be spoilt for choice upfront with riordan and nish! brilliant, i cant wait.

:rolleyes:

Shrekko
26-08-2010, 07:44 PM

Every time we sell one of our decent players, it's always doom and gloom but another is usually just round the corner!! O'Connor, Fletcher, Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Bamba, Murray, Murphy, Thomson, Brown, Whittaker to name a ....

... potential cup and league winning side.

I rest my case. :cool2:

What a pity all the players mentioned were gagging to leave eh?

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 07:45 PM

Simple economics, supply and demand.......

Other teams demand our players and we supply (at a decent price)

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=snooky;2557631]

What a pity all the players mentioned were gagging to leave eh?

Yip they all wanted to be anywhere but ER

Hibs90
26-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Aye, but...... if wants to go he wil go - end of

Yes, but the only he could do that is if he let his contract run down, which still has another 2 years to go so I doubt he would do that.

Hibs have full control - if they don't want to sell they don't have to regardless of whether player is happy or not.

snooky
26-08-2010, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=RichH;2557645]

Yip they all wanted to be anywhere but ER

BF, can I just point out your edit mistakingly attributes the quote to me.
Nae probs like.

Aldo
26-08-2010, 07:50 PM
yup, don't know a club in scotland or even England who is not a selling club, ok maybe not man c or chelsea!

You know what I mean...us more than most. Until we get it sorted off the park (and we are nearly there) then we will sell.

TBH would be happy to sell Stokes if the price is right. maybe allow us to bring in a half decent CH and another couple of CF's ie Denneboom and Biscan...who i believe was excellent in training etc.

We shall see in the coming days.

Baldy Foghorn
26-08-2010, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;2557648]

BF, can I just point out your edit wrongly attributes the quote to me.
Nae probs like.

Yeah I noticed that, sorry snooky

Baldy Foghorn
If Stokes goes, I'm not going back to Easter Road until Petrie goes :grr::grr:

:bye::bye::bye::bye:

brythehibby

Because 9 times out of 10 the player wants to go. Woul you rather we kept a player that didn't want to be there (if it is the case with stokes) and not be interested. I'm pretty sure he'll want to go otherwise why would discussions be in place. And if anyone thinks we'll get more than £3m for a player with less than 2 years left is mad. Lastly, I'll be f*****g gutted if this happens.

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-08-2010, 07:53 PM
You know what I mean...us more than most. Until we get it sorted off the park (and we are nearly there) then we will sell.

TBH would be happy to sell Stokes if the price is right. maybe allow us to bring in a half decent CH and another couple of CF's ie Denneboom and Biscan...who i believe was excellent in training etc.

We shall see in the coming days.

hibee_nation
26-08-2010, 07:54 PM

lucky
I like Stokes as a player but if he wants to go and price is right then Bye Ants thanks for the goals. However I support Hibs not just individual players. Hopefully money will be used wisely. Get a couple players in and secure Deeks possibly Bamba (wishful thinking) on longer deals.
FFS we are Hibs Petrie would sell us if he could.

Hanny

:tee hee:

:bye: then, fans like you won't be missed.

Springbank
26-08-2010, 07:55 PM

Four, or should that be FORE!!!!!!!

Hanny
26-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Four, or should that be FORE!!!!!!!

GOAL: FC Utrecht 4-0 Celtic : Maguire (63)

:faf::faf::faf:

WWFTWTG
26-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Yes, but the only he could do that is if he let his contract run down, which still has another 2 years to go so I doubt he would do that.

Hibs have full control - if they don't want to sell they don't have to regardless of whether player is happy or not.

FFS do you not get it - how many have we sold and will continue to do so.........