PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Stokes (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Speedway
27-08-2010, 10:56 AM
bit more here from david Hardie

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-aim-to-make-it.6498722.jp

sounds like who blinks first... lawwell or petrie ??

When it comes to blinking first and Rod's involved, my money is on Lawwell to cave first.

Beefster
27-08-2010, 10:59 AM

It appears to blow 90% of the 'exclusives' in this thread out of the water too.

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 10:59 AM
funny that none of the papers have mentioned the clause in his contract

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-08-2010, 11:01 AM
An offer between 800k and 1.4 mill?, my goodness these tinks think that we will just drop our pants and take the money :grr:

Just goes to show what a greedy bunch of soapdodgers they are, anyone but anyone who plays for the ROI is a target for them and they think it's just an automatic thing that they will sign.

F*** off smellies and get you own players.

Captain Trips
27-08-2010, 11:04 AM
If there is indeed a clause in the contract why is there talk of bids, are Celtic not allowed to know what the clause is? Surely if we have a clause then clubs will know thats what we want so there is not going to be a period of bidding, I understand clubs will try and get a player as cheap as they can but when a clause is maybe involved surely that will be the price.

I wonder if there is a fee clause as I think if there was this would hve been a done deal, maybe Stokes is on a % of fee.

If there is no minimum fee clause I would be looking at whatever they value Fortune at and adding on a fair bit.

EskbankHibby
27-08-2010, 11:07 AM
When it comes to blinking first and Rod's involved, my money is on Lawwell to cave first.

I would even back Petrie against Marty Feldman or an owl but how can there be any brinkmanship if there is a release clause with a stated fee?

All a bit confusing really, going to try and chill out until the end of the window, what will be will be and all that.

Andy74
27-08-2010, 11:09 AM
It appears to blow 90% of the 'exclusives' in this thread out of the water too.

There's a surprise. Never understood why grown men engage is such utter p1sh.

If he goes he'll go and we'll have got the best fee we can get. If not, fine, we'll carry on.

I'm not really one for caring about what goes on behind the scenes. In my job most people hate each other but we all get the job done and no one is punted over not getting on with anyone else. :greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-08-2010, 11:13 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHM-z_rHz9M

s.a.m
27-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I would even back Petrie against Marty Feldman or an owl but how can there be any brinkmanship if there is a release clause with a stated fee?

All a bit confusing really, going to try and chill out until the end of the window, what will be will be and all that.

Maybe Celtic are not offering the release fee, and Petrie is refusing to entertain them unless they do? I'm not trying to be smart, BTW. I claim no knowledge or understanding on this whatsoever.

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 11:32 AM
I think the fact that he has not already signed means that cetic don't hold all the cards. Which means they won't get him too cheap.

sam armstrong
27-08-2010, 11:36 AM
He has been disruptive in dressing room since he arrived, it is common knowledge

He has already lost any pace he had. Looked totally unfit in the European game, lack of control and doesn't work hard enough. Doubt he would have scored so many this season. That said, we need some kind of decent replacement.

Delboy4
27-08-2010, 11:40 AM
If Stokes is allowed to sign for the smellies I'm not goin' back...!

Where do we find another forward that will score 20 plus goals per season?

I know, the HIbs way - sign some player that we have never heard of on a free or small signing on fee and pocket whatever we manage to screw out of the money we receive for him. :grr:

When is Yogi going to get some money to sign a decent player????:confused:

We need to get rid of some of the dead wood in the team like Hogg, Rankin etc.

Petrie, you have to sort something out quick or that new big shiny stand will be empty.
:boo hoo:

iwasthere1972
27-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I think the fact that he has not already signed means that cetic don't hold all the cards. Which means they won't get him too cheap.

How much are you holding out for Rod? I think you'll accept £2 million but please spend it wisely.

M11BMO
27-08-2010, 11:43 AM
:bye::bye::bye:

See ya!

IFONLY
27-08-2010, 11:44 AM

I know, the HIbs way - sign some player that we have never heard of on a free or small signing on fee and pocket whatever we manage to screw out of the money we receive for him. :grr:

Petrie, you have to sort something out quick or that new big shiny stand will be empty.

Good

iwasthere1972
27-08-2010, 11:46 AM

Does that mean you have a season ticket going spare?

I've got a tenner in my biscuit tin and it could be yours.

Andy74
27-08-2010, 11:48 AM

44?

I thought you'd have clicked by now that players come and go. We got Stokes for nowt, so we can do similar again. Every time we lose a player he seems to be irepaceable yet we are still here.

We aren't going to get to the OF level so this will always be the way.

LancashireHibby
27-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Didn't realise I'd wandered on to the 'Anthony Stokes FC' forum rather than the Hibs one.

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-08-2010, 11:56 AM
He has already lost any pace he had. Looked totally unfit in the European game, lack of control and doesn't work hard enough. Doubt he would have scored so many this season. That said, we need some kind of decent replacement.

And yet has still scored 1 in two games played so far. 50% rate is not bad for someone so poor :cool2:

hibs0666
27-08-2010, 11:57 AM

How many goals did he score last season?

hibsbollah
27-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Have i missed something or has he signed for Celtic?

Seems like we're getting awfy excited about no news:rolleyes:

scoopyboy
27-08-2010, 12:09 PM

I think you will go back to watch Hibs even if Stokes signs for Celtic.

iwasthere1972
27-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Fortune has signed from Celtic to West Brom. Does that mean Stokes IS on his way to Celtic?

Delboy4
27-08-2010, 12:11 PM
44?

I thought you'd have clicked by now that players come and go. We got Stokes for nowt, so we can do similar again. Every time we lose a player he seems to be irepaceable yet we are still here.

Yeah, I understand, but what really does me in is that he is going along the M8 to 'THEM'...the smellies, the ****...I ****in hate them!

I'm not a wee laddie, I know it's been happening all these years but it still iritates the **** out of me that they come along and take our players - if he is for sale, let him go down south so he doesn't come back and haunt us.

I'm a die hard Hibby AND YES I will be back but I just needed a rant as I get pissed of at us when we sell our players and the manager doesn't get the money to spend - We will need at least two/three forwards now when he goes to cover injuries/suspensions...Oh, and a Centre Half !

If Petrie gives Yogi the money to invest in players all us Hibbys will be sayin' "Anthony WHO" after a few games but If we get a couple of freebies that we haven't heard of, will everybody be happy, sorry but not me!

Rant over guys...

As always - GGTTH
:thumbsup:

RickyS
27-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Fortune has signed from Celtic to West Brom. Does that mean Stokes IS on his way to Celtic?

sh*t

3pm
27-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Fortune now sold to West Brom.

iwasthere1972
27-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Fortune now sold to West Brom.

Undisclosed fee. You can bet it was more than they have offered for Stokes.

IWasThere2016
27-08-2010, 12:17 PM

Would you bet against it?

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-08-2010, 12:21 PM

Would not be surprised if it was undisclosed from Hibs to Celtc too :agree:

iwasthere1972
27-08-2010, 12:22 PM

What odds are you offering?

bawheid
27-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Let's get him sold today.

New deal for Deek this afternoon, Biscan and a hard as nails centre half this evening.

A settled dressing room tomorrow.

:cool2:

Stevie Reid
27-08-2010, 12:28 PM

SSN saying £2.25M for Fortune.

easty
27-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Would not be surprised if it was undisclosed from Hibs to Celtc too :agree:

Yep.

Yogi will get little if any to spend of that undisclosed amount, which will certainly be lower than a lot of us value him at. Personally I think anything less than £2m is not enough. £800k would be a disgrace.

iwasthere1972
27-08-2010, 12:31 PM
SSN saying £2.25M for Fortune.

Well if that's the case then I would expect at least that for Stokes.

boris the blade
27-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Let's get him sold today.

New deal for Deek this afternoon, Biscan and a hard as nails centre half this evening.

A settled dressing room tomorrow.

:cool2:

You are dreaming mate. Sell stokes today and sign some ditty no one else wants. Fact is we won't sign a international striker like like stokes. As for riordan signing a new contract.... He is making the same sounds he did the last time just before he jumped ship. Be prepared for him leaving again.

M11BMO
27-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Yep.

Yogi will get little if any to spend of that undisclosed amount, which will certainly be lower than a lot of us value him at. Personally I think anything less than £2m is not enough. £800k would be a disgrace.

:agree: Unfortunately, I doubt we will get that.

bawheid
27-08-2010, 12:37 PM
You are dreaming mate. Sell stokes today and sign some ditty no one else wants. Fact is we won't sign a international striker like like stokes. As for riordan signing a new contract.... He is making the same sounds he did the last time just before he jumped ship. Be prepared for him leaving again.

Maybe.

But why start crying about it?

Fact is we signed an "international striker like Stokes" this time last year. His name was Stokes. Plus an international midfielder like Miller. Plus the year before we signed international defender Murray and international striker Riordan.

Players come and go. Deal with it.

alfie
27-08-2010, 12:38 PM
BBC - reputable???? Yer havin a laugh mate! They may be reputable in many ways but as far as Scottish football is concerned they get most of their stories from yesterdays chip wrappers - and even then they copy them wrong half the time :rolleyes:

OK OK I was a bit rash with that statement! :embarrass

Maybe I'll just wait until its on the fishul site or the SPL site.

On the subject of "jounalism" I see that the Hootsmon has reverted to picking up news stories from here again. And in this article it even manages to contradict itself on whether or not a price has been offered. :bitchy: Obviously it cant decide which rumour to believe on this thread.
http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-aim-to-make-it.6498722.jp

Celtic are said to be ready to pay between £800,000 and £1.4 million for the services of the hitman who scored 23 goals last season...

While it is understood no formal offer has been made by Celtic to Hibs...

If no offer has been made, how come they "know" how much it is. Shoddy journalism! Honestly that could have been written by Chick Young for gawds sake! Using words like "are said to..." and "The Scotsman understands..." just shows that they are trawling fan sites for unsubstantiated gossip.

Sorry rant over.:hijack:

DarrenSQH
27-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Thank god they didn't have forums when they bought Stanton. The thread would still be going.

MyJo
I wonder how we ever managed to survive for the 134 years Stokes didn't play for us?

Peevemor
Yep.

Is this a fact or are you just guessing?

The player budget has been increased every year of late, as well as the club building a stand and East Mains.

What more do you want the board to do?

bawheid
27-08-2010, 12:40 PM
I wonder how we ever managed to survive for the 134 years Stokes didn't play for us?

I'm hearing that if Stokes is sold the foundations under the new East Stand crumble. Apparently there was a clause in the construction contract.

Anyone hearing similar?

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-08-2010, 12:41 PM

And still no holy grail :grr:

boris the blade
27-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Maybe.

But why start crying about it?

Fact is we signed an "international striker like Stokes" this time last year. His name was Stokes. Plus an international midfielder like Miller. Plus the year before we signed international defender Murray and international striker Riordan.

Players come and go. Deal with it.

We will all be dealing with it when were in the bottom six with crowds of 8000 in a 20000 stadium if we keep punting our best players

marinello59
27-08-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm hearing that if Stokes is sold the foundations under the new East Stand crumble. Apparently there was a clause in the construction contract.

Anyone hearing similar?

The East Stand is heading to Celtic as well. Apparently we got it cheap on the understanding that if a better offer came in it could leave.

bawheid
27-08-2010, 12:44 PM
We will all be dealing with it when were in the bottom six with crowds of 8000 in a 20000 stadium if we keep punting our best players

We've been punting our best players since I started watching Hibs in 1987.

Why not just wait and see what pans out over the next 48 hours before getting your knickers in a twist?

If Stokes is sold there'll be room on the wage bill for a player who is worth what we pay Stokes.

The_Todd
27-08-2010, 12:45 PM

I have some cyanide I keep for such world ending catastrophies. Wanna split it? I might actually have enough for all members of this forum actually.

IWasThere2016
27-08-2010, 12:45 PM

Anyone hearing similar?

We atl least have the name for the new East - The Stokes Stand .. he may be the balancing payment for it after all.

Peevemor
27-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Apparently the .net banner has refused to turn up on match days recently as it doesn't want to get ripped again, thus scuppering a move to the East of Glasgow.

IWasThere2016
27-08-2010, 12:46 PM
What odds are you offering?

You would seriously bet on him staying at Hibs???

easty
27-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Is this a fact or are you just guessing?

The player budget has been increased every year of late, as well as the club building a stand and East Mains.

What more do you want the board to do?

It's not a fact, I only know what I've read.

I support the board talking to celtic about selling Stokes, it's the way things are and we knew when we signed him he wouldnt be here indefinitley, even when he signed I thought (I suspect a lot of people did) he'd end up at Celtic. Doesnt mean I think we should settle for less than he's worth and in my opinion thats about £2m.

bawheid
The East Stand is heading to Celtic as well. Apparently we got it cheap on the understanding that if a better offer came in it could leave.

If we keep punting our infrastructure we'll sell out the stadium every week...

Hang on...

Petrie, you genius!

HFC 0-7
44?

Yes we are still here, still here not winning anything. We are told, by Petrie, we dont need to sell players yet here we are looking like we are selling our best players to the opposition. The worst thing about this is that we are selling to direct opposition, I would still feel bad about us selling to england but to the opposition?!?!? It doesnt make sense.

Why do we need to sell? What do we need to pay for now?

How many time do we here about 'building for the future'! How can a manager build a team if he has one season before we start selling our best players.

We have been releasing lots of players recently and not bringing in many new faces, the wage structure at hibs is still inplace so why must we sell?

Hibs fans have been patient, accepting that to get 4 new stands, a new pitch and a training centre, we need to sell. That has all been done now. We are happy to take mortgages out on stands but we arent willing to spend money on keeping players.

scott7_0(Prague)
27-08-2010, 12:49 PM
If Stokes does move on then I have a horrible feeling Gow may re-appear!!! :agree::boo hoo::worried:

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Apparently the .net banner has refused to turn up on match days recently as it doesn't want to get ripped again, thus scuppering a move to the East of Glasgow.

If the .net banner moves to Glasgow it will be lucky to make the bench, will probably end up in the stand. Real lack of ambition there me thinks.

The_Todd
27-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Hibs fans have been patient, accepting that to get 4 new stands, a new pitch and a training centre, we need to sell. That has all been done now. We are happy to take mortgages out on stands but we arent willing to spend money on keeping players.

And are expensive things to pay off too, funnily enough. The cement has barely dried on the new stand, so I very much doubt it's fully paid off.

alfie
I have some cyanide I keep for such world ending catastrophies. Wanna split it? I might actually have enough for all members of this forum actually.

Seriously, have you seen how many people are on this thread? That is a lot of cyanide!

I would have thought Big Brother would have sent you to Gitmo as a terrorist threat by now. :greengrin

boris the blade
Hibs fans ripped off again. Top player on his way out. People on here not bothered wondering what rejects we can pick up before the window shuts... Ambition is critical ae!

bawheid

That's a disgrace. Mikey should make it train with the 1x1m flags. :grr:

IWasThere2016
27-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Yes we are still here, still here not winning anything. We are told, by Petrie, we dont need to sell players yet here we are looking like we are selling our best players to the opposition. The worst thing about this is that we are selling to direct opposition, I would still feel bad about us selling to england but to the opposition?!?!? It doesnt make sense.

How many time do we here about 'building for the future'! How can a manager build a team if he has one season before we start selling our best players.

We have been releasing lots of players recently and not bringing in many new faces, the wage structure at hibs is still inplace so why must we sell?

I cannot understand how anyone would believe the first statement.

Re the second bit - the debt and we are trading at a loss (we have done so for 8 out of the last 11 years of published accounts - the year finished will be no different)

marinello59
27-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Hibs fans ripped off again. Top player on his way out. People on here not bothered wondering what rejects we can pick up before the window shuts... Ambition is critical ae!

That's the spirit. Turn on your fellow fans. :thumbsup:

bawheid
27-08-2010, 12:53 PM

Walk down to the front of the FF and turn your head left...

The_Todd
27-08-2010, 12:54 PM
People on here not bothered wondering what rejects we can pick up before the window shuts...

How's about bothered but not suicidal?

HFC 0-7
27-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I cannot understand how anyone would believe the first statement.

Re the second bit - the debt and we are trading at a loss (we have done so for 8 out of the last 11 years of published accounts - the year finished will be no different)

yes everyone has a price, but dont rip the best players out of a team and sell them to the opposition. yes we are trading at a loss, but the board still sees fit to spend millions on a stand.

No more stands to build, no new training complex to build! The money that was used to build these things came from player sales. We dont have to build anything now so why not keep players instead of selling them.

Would you not prefer that for 2 or 3 seasons the board spends on the team and doesnt sell to see some success possibly going into 2-3 million of debt? If we are successful we will have money to wipe that debt out. If we are unsuccessful then we can do as we do now, sell players for 2 or 3 seasons and start again.

boris the blade
27-08-2010, 12:56 PM
That's the spirit. Turn on your fellow fans. :thumbsup:

No mate. It's a forum. Speak your mind and give your opinion on the relevant subject.

Speedway
27-08-2010, 12:56 PM
There's a surprise. Never understood why grown men engage is such utter p1sh.

If he goes he'll go and we'll have got the best fee we can get. If not, fine, we'll carry on.

I'm not really one for caring about what goes on behind the scenes. In my job most people hate each other but we all get the job done and no one is punted over not getting on with anyone else. :greengrin

It gets worse. I'm hearing that East Mains has a release clause in its contract as Celtic look for a partner for their Lemmontown facility.

The clause is for £6.5m but Celtic are expected to get the centre for £2.8m since Gordon Marshall comes as part of the deal.

bawheid
27-08-2010, 12:57 PM
yes everyone has a price, but dont rip the best players out of a team and sell them to the opposition. yes we are trading at a loss, but the board still sees fit to spend millions on a stand.

All very good, but what happens if the player would only sign for you on the understanding that a £1.5m release clause was put in the contract?

silverhibee
27-08-2010, 12:58 PM

Stokes would take the gamble.:greengrin

sambajustice
27-08-2010, 12:58 PM
were we no at this stage of the game with Fletcher the season before last? and he ended up staying!

Who cares anyway, its only *****y fitba!

Part/Time Supporter
27-08-2010, 12:59 PM
You would seriously bet on him staying at Hibs???

If he had done that re Celtic's interest in Fletcher in Jan 2009, he would have won his bet.

Speedway
27-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Now on the official site.

HFC 0-7
27-08-2010, 01:00 PM
All very good, but what happens if the player would only sign for you on the understanding that a £1.5m release clause was put in the contract?

If that was the case why would he not be a Celtic player now? 1.5 mill and hibs cant say a word and he would be off. Why is there negotiating?

bawheid
27-08-2010, 01:01 PM

You're a chancer!

Dr Jimmy

No more stands to build, no new training complex to build! The money that was used to build these things came from player sales. We dont have to build anything now so why not keep players instead of selling them.

Would you not prefer that for 2 or 3 seasons the board spends on the team and doesnt sell to see some success possibly going into 2-3 million of debt? If we are successful we will have money to wipe that debt out. If we are unsuccessful then we can do as we do now, sell players for 2 or 3 seasons and start again.

Totally agree and I think we need to get over our obsession with debt. I am not advocating going mental with money but lets stop the "one step forward and two back" policy we seem to adopt with the team.
Our obsession with debt is only because Hearts are in so much **** and the board exploit this. Lets have a ****ing go at trying to win something and in 2-3 years time if we are in debt then sell some players again.

Hermit Crab
We're doomed if (sorry when) he goes :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

bawheid
If that was the case why would he not be a Celtic player now? 1.5 mill and hibs cant say a word and he would be off. Why is there negotiating?

Because Sellick are being a bunch of ****s and offering less than the buy-out clause?

silverhibee
27-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Stokes has left the building.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Here here! great words and i echo them entirely

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-08-2010, 01:04 PM

Is that training finished today?

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 01:11 PM

bookies has shut early has it not:wink:

persevere1875
27-08-2010, 01:12 PM
If Stokes does move on then I have a horrible feeling Gow may re-appear!!! :agree::boo hoo::worried:

isnt Gow in the middle of finalising a deal at Motherwell ??

H18sry
27-08-2010, 01:12 PM
We're doomed if (sorry when) he goes :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

No were not no player is bigger than the club, we have lost better players in the past and we aint been doomed yet. :devil:

col02
27-08-2010, 01:13 PM

Least it has been dealt with quickly and allowing Hibs some time now to make their moves bringing players in. I can envisage a scenario where Hibs sign an existing player on an extended deal, bring in two maybe three more players of decent quality and also pay a bit of the debt off.

TowerHibs
27-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Been confirmed that Fortune has left Celtic so expect Stokes to be announced shortly!

I think £800k for a 22 year old top goal scoring international is criminal but this kind of carry on has been going for years - not sure why so many people get so animated about it.

Would be great if we could keep our best players but it's never been the case. Heard a Spurs fan moaning about the same thing yesterday on talkSPORT. Unfortuantely this happens in all football.

My opinion is that i would keep him if we don't need to sell. But if it means getting in 3 better quality players than Nish, Rankin and a winger then i'm all for it. However, with 4/5 days left in the transer window then it looks like the quality coming in will be dire.

Highly expect "Gowser" aka the white Pele to be at East Mains along with his glass legs

ancienthibby
27-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Beeb radio reporting that MAF has been sold back to West Brom for £2.8 million.

All of a sudden the Parkhead coffers are not so empty after their Europa exit - and there is a vacancy in the strike force:devil::devil:

HibeeDave
27-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Just been mentioned on Sky Sports News, fee being discussed is £2.5M whilst Hughes rates him at £4M

Speedway
27-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Rod's called a meeting with himself.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8948137.stm

Hermit Crab
27-08-2010, 01:20 PM
No were not no player is bigger than the club, we have lost better players in the past and we aint been doomed yet. :devil:

Doomed doomed i tell ya! :dead:

mjhibby
27-08-2010, 01:21 PM

Indeed had there been a clause in his contract then he would be at celtic having his medical.As i suspected over 90% that has been posted on this is either mince or speculation and very little based on fact.I do wish people would only post something if it has a ring of truth to it and not my mate texted me to say.Surely weve all had enough of that this summer.Please only post if you have something reasonably concrete if not speculate elsewhere.It could turn out he stays but goes in january and all this stress we are going though was for nowt.
All this stuff about him being disruptive.Yes he is a huffy bugger,then so is deek and so are most forwards.He knows if he keeps having a reputation he wont have a career so he isnt wanting to hear stuff about himself in the papers.As i said before and as he has stated he is happy at hibs,knows he wants to move again in the future but wont throw a hissy fit if he stays here until january.Tuesday night cant come quick enough.I suspect rod will push them up to a figure they wont pay and im sure wont let him go unless yogi has replacement in place because if we let him go and no forward comes in we will struggle and of course should deeks or nish or both get injured god help us.

TowerHibs
Beeb radio reporting that MAF has been sold back to West Brom for £2.8 million.

All of a sudden the Parkhead coffers are not so empty after their Europa exit - and there is a vacancy in the strike force:devil::devil:

can someone please explain how MAF who has been a dud last year, scored less than Susan Boyle and is coming up to 30 is going for £2.8m when we are bumping our gums at £800k for our top scorer

persevere1875
Done deal then if the boards meeting, lets hope there opening up the purse to Yogi:grr:

persevere1875
27-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Indeed had there been a clause in his contract then he would be at celtic having his medical.As i suspected over 90% that has been posted on this is either mince or speculation and very little based on fact.I do wish people would only post something if it has a ring of truth to it and not my mate texted me to say.Surely weve all had enough of that this summer.Please only post if you have something reasonably concrete if not speculate elsewhere.It could turn out he stays but goes in january and all this stress we are going though was for nowt.
All this stuff about him being disruptive.Yes he is a huffy bugger,then so is deek and so are most forwards.He knows if he keeps having a reputation he wont have a career so he isnt wanting to hear stuff about himself in the papers.As i said before and as he has stated he is happy at hibs,knows he wants to move again in the future but wont throw a hissy fit if he stays here until january.Tuesday night cant come quick enough.I suspect rod will push them up to a figure they wont pay and im sure wont let him go unless yogi has replacement in place because if we let him go and no forward comes in we will struggle and of course should deeks or nish or both get injured god help us.

Ooops my mistake, thought this was an open forum for discussion :wink:

TonyStokeprano
27-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Sky sports news has just said that celtic are set to offer a 2.5 million pound deal, but john hughes values the striker at 4 million.

persevere1875
27-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Sky sports news has just said that celtic are set to offer a 2.5 million pound deal, but john hughes values the striker at 4 million.

Why does that £2.5 million pound deal not sound like £2.5 million cash, is this going to include some overinflated dud going the other way with a measley cash incentive

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-08-2010, 01:30 PM

That's not how you barter, that's way too low...I say 4 million, you say 2.5...

2.5????? :grr: can you believe that, 2.5, he's worth 4 I tell ya...throw in the gord for free

boris the blade
27-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Ooops my mistake, thought this was an open forum for discussion :wink:

I reckon Petrie has a few of the admins on his payroll. Unless you want millions in the bank that the manager will never see DO NOT POST ON THIS FORUM

MyJo
27-08-2010, 01:32 PM
£1.5m plus player?

marinello59
I reckon Petrie has a few of the admins on his payroll. Unless you want millions in the bank that the manager will never see DO NOT POST ON THIS FORUM
:confused:

persevere1875

See, thats you Private Membership options out the window now, tut tut, :wink:

bawheid
27-08-2010, 01:33 PM

:faf:

:agree: I think you're probably right mate. Have you seen the cars they drive? Defo millionaires.

Speedway
27-08-2010, 01:33 PM
FACT! :agree:

marinello59
27-08-2010, 01:35 PM

:agree: I think you're probably right mate. Have you seen the cars they drive? Defo millionaires.

My car was a write off after I carelessly discarded a burning twenty pound note I was lighting my cigar with.:boo hoo:

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 01:36 PM
:confused:

aye you:greengrin

Cal 7-0
If its any thing like 2.5 mil have him new money new goods! Considering we paid 4-5 hundred thousand, any how Its out of our hands and as he has most probably signed already I ain't gonnie bust ma hehaws over it!

bawheid
My car was a write off after I carelessly discarded a burning twenty pound note I was lighting my cigar with.:boo hoo:

I reckon if you shut boris the blade up Petrie will have a new one sitting in the drive when you get home.

It's very important to the future of Hibs that no one reads anything negative about the club on the internet. Now get back to work!

Speedway
27-08-2010, 01:37 PM

I don't believe you, Bentley's have flame ******ant leather.

Part/Time Supporter
27-08-2010, 01:38 PM

Spot on. The guy who paid £25K to the sheep he set on fire is an admin.

:agree:

Hermit Crab
27-08-2010, 01:40 PM
With stokes away time to bring in John Sutton as a quick replacement. :agree:

Cabbage East
27-08-2010, 01:43 PM

Get back in your shell you.

flash
27-08-2010, 01:43 PM
To be fair i aint an admin and i want you to stop posting too.

Hermit Crab
27-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Get back in your shell you.

I am! But we do need to replace Stokes sharpish..... dont we?

Last Minute
27-08-2010, 01:50 PM

On the William Hill Site, Romano Denneboom is 15/2 to score the first goal for Hibs on Sunday:agree:

hibbymark
27-08-2010, 01:53 PM
I havent read all the posts on Stokes but interesting valuation when you think what the pink ladies value sicknote Driver at. :grr:

Cropley10
27-08-2010, 01:53 PM
There are an extraordinary number of posters with a very low post count on this thread, all of whom seem to think it's either a done deal or the end of the world (or both).

Why is this, I wonder?

The_Todd
27-08-2010, 01:56 PM

:hilarious

Cropley10
27-08-2010, 01:56 PM
I am! But we do need to replace Stokes sharpish..... dont we?

He hasn't left though:confused:

And why would we sell him if we didn't have someone to replace him?:confused:

I mean we're not £30m+ in debt, nor do we operate at a £10m loss annually.

degenerated
27-08-2010, 01:57 PM

would be great if you heeded yer own advice :trumpet:

Speedway
27-08-2010, 01:59 PM
It's interesting having a quick look round the Celtic forums to find that at least 90% of them don't want him.

RickyS
27-08-2010, 02:01 PM

i think sutton would be a decent ADDITION cos we are light on bodies but would be a bit of an anti-climax if he was Stoke's replacement

IWasThere2016
27-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Stokes would take the gamble.:greengrin

:greengrin

If he had done that re Celtic's interest in Fletcher in Jan 2009, he would have won his bet.

Aye but no this time

:bye:

It's interesting having a quick look round the Celtic forums to find that at least 90% of them don't want him.

Until he scores against Der Hun or kisses the badge

Andy74
27-08-2010, 02:03 PM

Funny, the guy's scoring record in the SPL is just behind Boyd and Larsson, they both scored on average every 1.3 games and he scores every 1.5.

£2.5m minimum!

Hermit Crab
27-08-2010, 02:04 PM
i think sutton would be a decent ADDITION cos we are light on bodies but would be a bit of an anti-climax if he was Stoke's replacement

Atleast hes a player deeks could play off with Suttons height advantage

RickyS
27-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Atleast hes a player deeks could play off with Suttons height advantage

yip and unlike Nish he does win the ball in the air a lot, not everyones cup of tea I know but I just cant see him being any more than a squad player

seen wigan have accepted a bid from birmingham for N'zogbia, one of the papers this morning said that if that happened McFadden would be going to Darkheid?

M11BMO

I noticed this as well, Speedway.

I rekon when Hooper gets going Stokes won't get much of a sniff. He'll probably be moved on at the end of the season. It's pretty predictable thesedays.

Cal 7-0
There are an extraordinary number of posters with a very low post count on this thread, all of whom seem to think it's either a done deal or the end of the world (or both).

Why is this, I wonder?

I have a low post count considering the time I have been on this forum and think its a done deal. All I am saying is I ain't getting myself worked up over it, there that should stop you wondering about me.:greengrin

Hermit Crab
He hasn't left though:confused:

And why would we sell him if we didn't have someone to replace him?:confused:

I mean we're not £30m+ in debt, nor do we operate at a £10m loss annually.

Yes we would sell him without a replacement, been done before, David Murphy has never been replaced with a competent LB. Also RB is still a problem too.

No were not in debt but like any other club we want the green in the coffers. Its Business.

Antifa Hibs
27-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Sky Sports News there, Celtic linked with Hibernian striker Anthony Stokes for around £2.5m. Manger John Hughes values him more like £4m. Now we're talking...

Dr_Regal
27-08-2010, 02:12 PM
In Rod we trust, he despises the weegie hoards just as much as we do.

I would be shocked if dont get at least 2m for stokes.

Shame really liked his goalscoring ability but whatever. Move on and bring in a couple of decent players.

Hermit Crab
27-08-2010, 02:12 PM
yip and unlike Nish he does win the ball in the air a lot, not everyones cup of tea I know but I just cant see him being any more than a squad player

Dunno i reckon he would get us between 15-20 goals a season

3pm
27-08-2010, 02:14 PM
So what's the fee then? Hughes wants £4m - which we will never get - so does this release clause exist?

Cropley10
27-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Yes we would sell him without a replacement, been done before, David Murphy has never been replaced with a competent LB. Also RB is still a problem too.

No were not in debt but like any other club they want the green in the coffers. Its Business.

It's not 'they' it's 'we'....:wink:

EskbankHibby
27-08-2010, 02:17 PM
would be great if you heeded yer own advice :trumpet:

:agree:, absolutely reeks of a dicotyledonous plant (god bless wikipaedia).

Hermit Crab
27-08-2010, 02:18 PM
So what's the fee then? Hughes wants £4m - which we will never get - so does this release clause exist?

Probably bollox as usual. Never getting 4m either.

Just Jimmy
27-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Sky Sports News there, Celtic linked with Hibernian striker Anthony Stokes for around £2.5m. Manger John Hughes values him more like £4m. Now we're talking...

if we get 4 million yogi has a job for life. :greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
[/B]

Probably bollox as usual. Never getting 4m either.

we were never going to get £6million plus for Broon and Thomo either :wink:

Hermit Crab
It's not 'they' it's 'we'....:wink:

Amended :greengrin

Hermit Crab
27-08-2010, 02:21 PM
we were never going to get £6million plus for Broon and Thomo either :wink:

That was when the ugly sisters were a little bit better off.

Antifa Hibs
27-08-2010, 02:23 PM
That was when the ugly sisters were a little bit better off.

Celtic have taken in around £18m this transfer windae.

Beefster
27-08-2010, 02:29 PM

Evidently not.

shagpile
27-08-2010, 02:31 PM

I didn't realise they £18m quids worth in their squad!!!:confused:

RickyS
27-08-2010, 02:43 PM

over on kerrydale street, here are a few of the comments!

terrible, as if we havent learned our lesson that we will be made to pay over the odds for a player who would be average at best.

wee scrote.

Not a good move imo . Stokes is a Riordan type never out of trouble plus he thinks he is better than he is . If Roy keane says he is a headcase then he must be a real nutter . Hope he stays where he is .

stokes - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Might as well sign Liam Miller, too

And there were some who thought the Mcgeady money would actually mean some genuine quality would be signed. What a joke.

Great. we can all sleep that bit easier tonighy knowing this. But at least if its true, it make sense, on over-rated wee striker coming to an over-rated football club

jesus effing wept

I've no interest in Stokes whatsoever. He and whoever has facilitated the move can get bent.

Did that wee scrotum no get Lenny sent off when he was on loan at Falkirk

His 'header' against the **** the other day summed him up for me.

He will not make the step up.

hopefully Lawell takes these opnions into account and changes his mind

Hermit Crab
27-08-2010, 02:45 PM

They've just been pumped out of Uefa cup nay mare money coming in apart from the sale of Fortune to West Brom. Also i dont think Stokes would improve sellick as they have half decent forwards the now. :duck:

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Seems simple, really. Stokes came here to get his career on track, and he's done that. As he's probably damaged goods now in England, Celtic are the only show in town if he fancies earning £10,000 per week instead of £2,000. (The Huns will never sign a future ROI international.)

If there's an escape clause in his contract, he goes to them. If not, he stays with us, as I doubt they'll meet our asking fee.

Stokes can't lose either way, as if he goes to Celtic, he's on £10,000 a week, but if he stays he gets games, scores more goals, possibly a cap and perhaps gets a lower EPL side to take a risk again and gets out the SPL ghetto. I genuinely believe he doesn't really care one way or another what happens. If he keeps scoring, he'll move within the next 18 months anyway.

Stokes is one of those Dofos Hamster players. You like them and appreciate them while you have them, but it's unwise to get too attached to them as they'll be moving onto the next life in a year or so. Have goals, will travel, and he doesn't seem the sort of personality who will ever be in a long, cosy relationship with any club.

So the crux is the escape clause: does it exist? We'll soon find out, as it's probably the only way he'll move, unless he's such damaged goods on the training ground and in the dressing room fr that to be an overriding concern. But I doubt that will outweigh 20 plus goals per season.

patlowe
27-08-2010, 02:50 PM
They've just been pumped out of Uefa cup nay mare money coming in apart from the sale of Fortune to West Brom. Also i dont think Stokes would improve sellick as they have half decent forwards the now. :duck:

I could see him scoring a barrowload a la Scott McDonald. This news is so depressing, we should not underestimate the importance of Stokes' goals to this almost entirely mediocre hibs side. Ach well, it's the way of the world. If he wants to go, he'll be away before too long. :boo hoo:

Prawn Sandwich
27-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Just heard from Weegieland: Hibs asking for £4 million and Celtic only prepared to pay £2 million.

blairwallace
27-08-2010, 02:53 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/west-brom-sign-fortune-from-celtic-2063750.html

making space for a new striker? :boo hoo:

gillythehibby
Just spoke to Stokes 20 mins ago and got it from the horse's mouth. He has NOT spoken to celtic but has admitted that Celtic have contacted Hibs. He has heard no more from Hibs about it and says he is not fussy whether it is accepted or not. Says he is quite happy at the Moment. I suggested that the move would happen sooner or later anyway and he said , well maybe one day.

Hibernian Verse
Just heard from Weegieland: Hibs asking for £4 million and Celtic only prepared to pay £2 million.

Yep, Hughes saying Hibs value him at £4m.

In Rod we trust.

Andy74
27-08-2010, 02:54 PM
What I don't follow is how anyone could go to print indicating that a figure of about £1m is what Hibs are looking for??

It's ludicrous and how the writers haven't clicked on that I don't know.

RickyS
Just spoke to Stokes 20 mins ago and got it from the horse's mouth. He has NOT spoken to celtic but has admitted that Celtic have contacted Hibs. He has heard no more from Hibs about it and says he is not fussy whether it is accepted or not. Says he is quite happy at the Moment. I suggested that the move would happen sooner or later anyway and he said , well maybe one day.

well done! where did you capture him?

bawheid

No deal.

p=sh
27-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Stokes is one of those Dofos Hamster players.

Clearly I've been away from Embra far too long.
I'm almost frightened to ask but what is a Dofos Hamster player, Bob?

p=sh

Aldo
27-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Forth sports made mention of a 800k bid earlier today. Rod wouldnt even use that as bog roll. Total insult. The 2.5 million bid is a bit more realistic and at that price (possibly with ad ons) will do Rod nicely.

This will happen but once again the price has to be right for RP.

blairwallace
27-08-2010, 02:57 PM
No deal.

i've not asked the question yet!

£4 million for stokes, deal or no deal?

LancashireHibby
27-08-2010, 02:58 PM

Deal.

Don't think Celtic will stretch that far though and Rob will be awfully tempted if they go a bit closer to £3m...

Beefster
27-08-2010, 02:59 PM

Stalemate. I wonder if they'll give up and go for the guy from Israel instead.

Good for Stokes. It seems that he's not agitating for a move (despite what was suggested on here), is genuinely happy at Hibs and if he doesn't move, we won't necessarily have an unhappy player on our hands.

Andy74
27-08-2010, 02:59 PM

**** yeah!

Speedway
27-08-2010, 03:01 PM

Deal!

Nevermind being doomed if Stokes goes, we should fear the day Rod goes as far as transfers are concerned.

persevere1875
27-08-2010, 03:02 PM
£4 million.............. I'll warm up the car :wink:

McIntosh
27-08-2010, 03:02 PM

Unless this Great Club gets exactly what it wants the answer is obvious.

bawheid
27-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Deal!

Nevermind being doomed if Stokes goes, we should fear the day Rod goes as far as transfers are concerned.

We could get Tussauds to make a waxwork and Scott Lindsay could take it into all negotiations with the OF.

blairwallace
27-08-2010, 03:03 PM
just had a thought, i remember a while ago reading something that petrie is (or was) a celtic fan, so on a sportsmans side of view would he not just give him away for jack sh**?

LancashireHibby
27-08-2010, 03:04 PM
just had a thought, i remember a while ago reading something that petrie is (or was) a celtic fan, so on a sportsmans side of view would he not just give him away for jack sh**?

Not a chance or he'd have given it a try before.

ahibby
27-08-2010, 03:04 PM

I think you missed a t as in Nowt on the official site!

Dr Jimmy
27-08-2010, 03:05 PM

You having a laugh?

ancienthibby
27-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Unless this Great Club gets exactly what it wants the answer is obvious.

No way he could do that!

As a director he will be bound to honour a code of conduct for directors.:agree:

le bill
27-08-2010, 03:06 PM
just had a thought, i remember a while ago reading something that petrie is (or was) a celtic fan, so on a sportsmans side of view would he not just give him away for jack sh**

Spot the words or phrases from above which can NEVER co-exist in the english language?

Sean1875
27-08-2010, 03:09 PM
wouldnt happen, but sure Petries was an aberdeen fan anyway

Sir David Gray
27-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Yogi on Sky Sports News just now.

Stokes will be in his squad for Sunday.

poolman
27-08-2010, 03:11 PM

Alcohol alert :greengrin

bawheid
27-08-2010, 03:12 PM

Unless Sellick up their bid...

I'll pish myself if we manage to screw Celtic for anything more than £3m.

A £3m profit on what was a gamble last year, then move Deeks up top with Galbraith on the left.

'Mon the Rod.

Chuckie
27-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Petrie is a Hibee.

He's got 'HFC since 1875' tattooed across his shoulder blades.

blairwallace
27-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Alcohol alert :greengrin

no not on a school night, but as it is friday :devil:
i'm not sure if it was when riordan or scott brown was sold and someone came out with the comment that petries a celtic fan but, pour me another? :thumbsup:

John_the_angus_hibby
27-08-2010, 03:15 PM

I am not sure a Hibs fan would get an honest answer out of a player wanting to move. Possibly afraid of being asked the question by a nutter and being lamped for the honest answer of "Of course I'm desperate to move, I frankly don't give a f*&k for Hibs" :take that

Sounds cagey and he is probably letting 'his people' deal with it and he can shrug the shoulders. There must be something on the go, or there wouldn't be as many reports in the media about it.

Whatever, the Hibees remain.

GGTTH

Green_one
27-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Petrie is a Hibee.

He's got 'HFC since 1875' tattooed across his top lip

Amended it for you. The tache covers it. :greengrin

John_the_angus_hibby
27-08-2010, 03:17 PM

Good stuff. Playing hardball!

easty
27-08-2010, 03:18 PM
I am not sure a Hibs fan would get an honest answer out of a player wanting to move. Possibly afraid of being asked the question by a nutter and being lamped for the honest answer of "Of course I'm desperate to move, I frankly don't give a f*&k for Hibs" :take that

Sounds cagey and he is probably letting 'his people' deal with it and he can shrug the shoulders. There must be something on the go, or there wouldn't be as many reports in the media about it.

Whatever, the Hibees remain.

GGTTH

I cant believe that. A modern day footballer not being 100% honest? They're role models dont you know. If those words came out of Stokes mouth then I believe them whole-heartedly. :rolleyes:

alfie
27-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Stokes is one of those Dofos Hamster players. You like them and appreciate them while you have them, but it's unwise to get too attached to them as they'll be moving onto the next life in a year or so. Have goals, will travel, and he doesn't seem the sort of personality who will ever be in a long, cosy relationship with any club.

Ah that takes me back! Cant remember how many times we went back for another one. I think my mum could have applied for a parking permit on Royal Terrace.
:top marks

Gettin' Auld
27-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Stokes is one of those Dofos Hamster players.

poolman
27-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Cant make up my mind if this is comedy gold or something out of "cuckoos nest"

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/78273-stokes-to-sign-for-celtic-merged-threads/

M11BMO
27-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Petrie is a Hibee.

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 03:32 PM

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/78273-stokes-to-sign-for-celtic-merged-threads/

defo cuckoo

blairwallace
27-08-2010, 03:33 PM

post #7

Killen going the other way too!

how long was it since he moved away from celtic now? :confused:

CraigHibee
27-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Petrie is a Hibee.

and the words "Albert Kidd" tatooed on the inside of his bottom lip :wink:

I'm hoping the "Great Unwashed" are being told to bolt!

Diclonius
27-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Petrie is a Dundee United fan, or so my Arab mate said to me many moons ago. According to him Rod's donated money to United before.

Dr Jimmy
27-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Petrie is a Dundee United fan, or so my Arab mate said to me many moons ago. According to him Rod's donated money to United before.

I was believing you until your last sentence......:greengrin

steakbake
27-08-2010, 03:38 PM

It's possible - but with our Rod, it would have been a donation of a capital asset. Perhaps a corner flag or, a ball bag?

poolman
27-08-2010, 03:39 PM
post #7

how long was it since he moved away from celtic now? :confused:

I liked this one from a learned scholar

It`ll go something like this:

Stokes signs for `ra hoops for "Undisclosed fee"

Cue the hivee`s shouting "Aye but likesay, we totally goat six cumplete Muwyin fur thon huddy, ken? We`ve totally goat 12 Muwyin in the bank eeh,gadgey, `n Deeks wull get at least 37 goals this season, just wi` his heid likes. Aye, `n we`ve pyoor goat oor stand aw paayed fur. 10p fur a cuppy tea, likes?"

Or words to that effect. :whistling:

Bet he's been working on that gem all day :rolleyes:

500miles
27-08-2010, 03:41 PM

He's not donated money as such. 20p fell out of his breeks while pulling them up, after making the sort of usual healthy deposit we've come to expect from the 'tache. Eddie Thompson found it half an hour later (well, he had to wait for the air to clear) and put it straight into funding the De Vries deal a few years ago.

smurf
27-08-2010, 03:42 PM
RP used to be an Aberdeen fan in his younger days..

CraigHibee
27-08-2010, 03:43 PM
It's possible - but with our Rod, it would have been a donation of a capital asset. Perhaps a corner flag or, a ball bag?

it wa a training cone he donated! he had a spare one and thought it should go to good use :wink:

easty
27-08-2010, 03:43 PM

Was that before or after he was a season ticket holder at Dens Park?

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 03:45 PM
RP is a hibby, he doesn't need to be at hibs, could probably make more money elsewhere as well, trust me he's a hibby!

Dunbar Hibee
27-08-2010, 03:52 PM

Cue the hivee`s shouting "Aye but likesay, we totally goat six cumplete Muwyin fur thon huddy, ken? We`ve totally goat 12 Muwyin in the bank eeh,gadgey, `n Deeks wull get at least 37 goals this season, just wi` his heid likes. Aye, `n we`ve pyoor goat oor stand aw paayed fur. 10p fur a cuppy tea, likes?"

That's not remotely funny. :confused: What a sad jambo tramp.:hilarious:

blairwallace
27-08-2010, 04:05 PM

....wheres the rest of it?
or did he forget to pay the internet bill?

Viva_Palmeiras
27-08-2010, 04:06 PM

Definitely a Palmeiras fan who took such exception to the boy from brasil in the Paulista top they won't be back ;)

gillythehibby
27-08-2010, 04:08 PM
well done! where did you capture him?

In the bookies :greengrin - Honest

steviecarnie
27-08-2010, 04:14 PM
right sorry if old news but im not tralling thru page after page, just been on sky sports news transfer centre at 17:00 celtic ready to offer £2.5m however hughes values stokes at £4m http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/rolleyes2.gif

M11BMO
27-08-2010, 04:25 PM
right sorry if old news but im not tralling thru page after page, just been on sky sports news transfer centre at 17:00 celtic ready to offer £2.5m however hughes values stokes at £4m http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/rolleyes2.gif

:wink: Indeed... old news, mate

steviecarnie
27-08-2010, 04:26 PM
:wink: Indeed... old news, mate

thought it might, cheers lad

MrSmith
27-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know what kind of motor Stokes drives?

Billy Whizz
27-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Don't know, but what I do know is he trained with Hibs today!

MrSmith
27-08-2010, 05:03 PM
A fairly decent specced BMW passed me on the M8 at 4.30pm sporting a very personalised number plate.

yekimevol
27-08-2010, 05:14 PM
hibs looking for a million :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:
yeh right ill looking for double that he was the second top goal scorer in the league :grr::grr::grr:

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 05:15 PM
A fairly decent specced BMW passed me on the M8 at 4.30pm sporting a very personalised number plate.

direction?

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 05:16 PM
yeh right ill looking for double that he was the second top goal scorer in the league :grr::grr::grr:

that story has been up for hours mate

MrSmith
27-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Eastbound - back to Edinburgh.

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-08-2010, 05:22 PM

and the chat from Sky is an offer of around £2.5m with Yogi stating he is worth £4m :agree:

TornadoHibby
27-08-2010, 05:41 PM

STO4SEY ? :dunno: :hmmm: :greengrin

Cropley10
27-08-2010, 05:42 PM

I think it's a BMW with a private plate

TornadoHibby
27-08-2010, 05:42 PM

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:

MrSmith
27-08-2010, 05:44 PM

Really!! ???

Cropley10
27-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Petrie is a Hibee.

Source?:greengrin

greenlex
27-08-2010, 05:48 PM
You sure it isn't "since 1845" ?
A quarter to seven sounds much more plausible.

TornadoHibby
27-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Kelly92 4 minutes ago Post #441
Youth team player

Group:Members
Member#26,518

Hibs would be relegation contenders without Anthony Stokes.

Saying that, we should go no higher than £2m IMO.

:cool2: :blah:

Chuckie
27-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Source?:greengrin

I can't possibly say.

Scorpio Leisure does not discuss it's clients.

TornadoHibby
27-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Belgrano27 Aug 2010, 05:21 PM

The only thing crazier than Stokes being valued at £4m by Hibs is that it wouldn't be the first time we've given Hibs that sort of a money for a player.

This must be the reaction in the Hibs boardroom any time our club phone them up to enquire about a player -

They want who? Him? Tell them £3m, :faf: :faf:

Wait, they've already bid £4m....:faf: :faf:

The Tache has cleary earned their respect over the years.....! :wink:

Westie1875
27-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Just heard Neil Lennon on the radio, a reporter told him Hibs want £4million and he said "What do they want, £4 million, I wouldn't have thought so - not at that price"

Put your biscuit tin away and go bother someone else then :bye:

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Just went past easter road and I seen Petrie riding Lawwell like a donkey round the easter road pitch. Petrie is wearing his yellow construction hat and shouting out "who's the daddy"

lawwell looked a bit ****ed and kept trying to stop to eat some grass but Petrie was having none of it, riding him like a man possesed he was, I pity petries wife I tell you!!

Not sure if this is normal negotiation tactics but hopefully it will work:greengrin

almost forgot

FCAT

The_Todd
27-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Belgrano27 Aug 2010, 05:21 PM

The only thing crazier than Stokes being valued at £4m by Hibs is that it wouldn't be the first time we've given Hibs that sort of a money for a player.

This must be the reaction in the Hibs boardroom any time our club phone them up to enquire about a player -

They want who? Him? Tell them £3m, :faf: :faf:

Wait, they've already bid £4m....:faf: :faf:

The Tache has cleary earned their respect over the years.....! :wink:

Ahh, KDS. Full of Celtc-minded jakeballs who think Hibs should just be grateful that the mighty Celtc have valued one of their players worthy of wearing green and grey hoops.

I got news for you, Timothy: Stokes is our player. You want that to change? Put in a proper bid, then.

Hibee02
27-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I have a feeling he's still going to be here come the end of the window BUT if we are selling to those dafties then minimum £4m.

Think Celtic are being generous with 1million, never liked him. More a Nish fan myself

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Think Celtic are being generous with 1million, never liked him. More a Nish fan myself

:spammy:

3pm
27-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Petrie should have been cast as Hannibal in the A-Team remake. A man with a plan.

The_Todd
27-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Try a bit harder next time.

2/10 for effort. You got those 2 points just for registering on the forum.

:lolyam:

keep the faith
27-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Just went past easter road and I seen Petrie riding Lawwell like a donkey round the easter road pitch. Petrie is wearing his yellow construction hat and shouting out "who's the daddy"

lawwell looked a bit ****ed and kept trying to stop to eat some grass but Petrie was having none of it, riding him like a man possesed he was, I pity petries wife I tell you!!

Not sure if this is normal negotiation tactics but hopefully it will work:greengrin

almost forgot

FCAT

:greengrin

biggie1875
27-08-2010, 06:19 PM
ltyf:jamboak::asshole:

degenerated
27-08-2010, 06:22 PM

on yer bike ya time wasting tit :bye:

Www1875hfc
Hibee 02? Aye right then ya smelly gorgie paraffin lamp...
Wonder what the 02 stands for.......

Baldy Foghorn
on yer bike ya time wasting tit :bye:

this is like catchphrase - "say what you see" :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Just been reading kerrydale street, celtic fans really don't want Stokesy, and they certainly don't want to pay anymore than 1 million, but seem to accept that petrie will inevitably rape them again:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
27-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Hibee02, get him punted. He forgets that Nish scored more than Kyle last year, Kyle of course being their superhuman new signing.

Bless him, he's probably just a little bit confused by this thread, he'll be trying to grasp the concept of an Edinburgh team buying a player and then selling him on for a profit. Granted they've sold Berra, Gordon etc (homegrown players) for decent money but save for Paul Hartley, can you think of many players they have signed and sold for a profit? They've either a) had to release them or sell them for a lower price or b) nobody wants them. That's what happens when you sign half of Lithuania, Africans who are twice the age they say they are and fat Frenchmen who couldnae score in a barrel of phannies.

frazeHFC
27-08-2010, 06:29 PM
If we sell him at all, especially for under £3m, i will be utterly distraught and instantly be furious with Hibs, to a degree that i will feel like i want to abandon them. Although i won't really obviously due to my love for them!

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 06:31 PM
If we sell him at all, especially for under £3m, i will be utterly distraught and instantly be furious with Hibs, to a degree that i will feel like i want to abandon them. Although i won't really obviously due to my love for them!

Jesus you sound like a downtrodden housewife whose hubby keeps cheating on her:wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
27-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Or a Hearts fan during season ticket renewal time.............

bighairyfaeleith
27-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Or a Hearts fan during season ticket renewal time.............

yeah thats a better analogy actually, eventually the wife would suss it out:greengrin

Reaper
27-08-2010, 06:36 PM
If in Theory Stokes did go for 4m. Would RP trust Yogi enough to give him money to spend???

hibeenicol
27-08-2010, 06:40 PM
If in Theory Stokes did go for 4m. Would RP trust Yogi enough to give him money to spend???

Why Not? :confused:

The_Todd
27-08-2010, 06:42 PM

If he doesn't then he shouldn't have employed him.

I think Hughes has made more decent than poor signings, anyway.

frazeHFC
27-08-2010, 06:43 PM
bighairyfaeleith, after re-reading my post, i do see what you mean ;)

HFC 0-7
27-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Walk down to the front of the FF and turn your head left...

Aye, very good!

So was petrie and Lindsay lying when they said the funds had already been ringfenced? How can you ring fence funds from a 'possible' sale. Hibs never knew that Stokes would be going in this transfer window.

Irish Al 2
27-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Just heard Neil Lennon on the radio, a reporter told him Hibs want £4million and he said "What do they want, £4 million, I wouldn't have thought so - not at that price"

I heard this as well and wondered, are there no rules at all about tapping up players in Scotland? :dunno:

Al

Gatecrasher
27-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Aye, very good!

So was petrie and Lindsay lying when they said the funds had already been ringfenced? How can you ring fence funds from a 'possible' sale. Hibs never knew that Stokes would be going in this transfer window.

Maybe they had funds ringfenced but not the full amount of the cost to build the stand

The_Todd
27-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Aye, very good!

They never said the entire project was fully funded up front. A sizable portion would have been ringfenced, however.

TornadoHibby
27-08-2010, 07:12 PM

Put your biscuit tin away and go bother someone else then :bye:

I heard this as well and wondered, are there no rules at all about tapping up players in Scotland? :dunno:

Al

So is the considered view that Lennon meant that they would get Stokes but for less than £4 million or that no deal would be done if £4 million was the price!? :confused: :dunno: :hmmm:

The_Todd
27-08-2010, 07:14 PM

Al

There are rules, and they're simple.

Celtc and Rangers can do it.

Everyone else cannot.

Caversham Green
27-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Maybe they had funds ringfenced but not the full amount of the cost to build the stand

:agree: That's exactly what "ring-fencing" means.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-08-2010, 07:45 PM

Who signed Stokes in the first place? :confused:

SaulGoodman
27-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Seen him come out of EM in a black Audi Q7 a few times.

HibbyAndy
27-08-2010, 08:49 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Wish i had mare time with this total pap. Celtc generous with a million for Stokes? What does that make monkey heid Elliot and injury prone Kylie worth ?..two bob each.

Theres fan dans and fan dans..your the king of fan dans.

Seriously the Jambo revolution oan here just gets cringeworthy after cringeworthy.

Next they will be telling us about a new 51 Million main stand.

TheMentalHibees
27-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Wish i had mare time with this total pap. Celtc generous with a million for Stokes? What does that make monkey heid Elliot and injury prone Kylie worth ?..two bob each.

Theres fan dans and fan dans..your the king of fan dans.

Seriously the Jambo revolution oan here just gets cringeworthy after cringeworthy.

Next they will be telling us about a new 51 Million main stand.

Dinnae be silly, they're no that daft.