PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Stadium Branding - make ER a real home (merged)

GreenCastle
24-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Success will bring people back to ER and I believe all money now should be put into the playing side now we have completed ER with the new stand.

However seeing this picture - Can you imagine if it said Hibernian FC or Sunshine on Leith on the East / West Stands - it would give it a unique feel that this is OUR stadium :agree:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Welcome

Hopefully the club are thinking about this for the next stage to give the stadium more of an identity :thumbsup:

DC_Hibs
24-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Never heard you suggesting a ticker tape or fan dispay for a while Mix Master!!

Will be in this one on Saturday so will stick some video or photos for you on this thread

http://www.ultras-frankfurt.de/index.php
Aktion zum 1.Heimspiel

M11BMO
24-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Success will bring people back to ER and I believe all money now should be put into the playing side now we have completed ER with the new stand.

However seeing this picture - Can you imagine if it said Hibernian FC or Sunshine on Leith on the East / West Stands - it would give it a unique feel that this is OUR stadium :agree:

Hopefully the club are thinking about this for the next stage to give the stadium more of an identity :thumbsup:

I like this idea... A lot. :top marks

aberhibsfc
24-08-2010, 03:34 PM

:top marks: on both points.

Maybe a bronze statue outside the main stand of the Famous Five, you can't say Hibs better than that.

Cocaine&Caviar
24-08-2010, 04:04 PM
:top marks: on both points.

Maybe a bronze statue outside the main stand of the Famous Five, you can't say Hibs better than that.

They've already got a stand named after them, no disprespect but I think that we have a lot more things about the club which also deserve recognition.

--------
24-08-2010, 04:08 PM

"The Holy Ground" on the West, and "Glory, glory to the Hibees" on the East.

And "Go home, ya Huns" in BIG UNFRIENDLY LETTERS on the seating in the South.... :wink:

HibeePaj
24-08-2010, 04:16 PM

Will be in this one on Saturday so will stick some video or photos for you on this thread

Aktion zum 1.Heimspiel

Alright mate,
are you going to a frankfurt game?

i was at one of their games last year vs Hertha Berlin (thanks to ashcloud), was great experiance, great atmosphere ..
only thing was you can't buy food unles you first purchase a 'foodcard' , bit like a smartcard that you top up.. so was left thirsty and hungry throughout :boo hoo:

Paget

HibbyKeith
24-08-2010, 04:24 PM

:agree:

was speaking with fife hyland outside the east on Sunday. its all in the pipe line, obviously cost is a big factor in everything.

signs not just under the floodlights either. the support beams on the rear of the stand allow hibs to have those mesh type banners, he mentioned that the stadium can be seen when your on your way into the stadium from the east coast. aswell as carlton hill etc.. and has already received a number of emails with suggestions on signage to make it identifiable from miles away. :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
24-08-2010, 05:06 PM

Aktion zum 1.Heimspiel

Hum...care to expand :wink:

DC_Hibs
24-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Alright mate,
are you going to a frankfurt game?

i was at one of their games last year vs Hertha Berlin (thanks to ashcloud), was great experiance, great atmosphere ..
only thing was you can't buy food unles you first purchase a 'foodcard' , bit like a smartcard that you top up.. so was left thirsty and hungry throughout :boo hoo:

Paget

I was stuck in Malaysia for the same reason and missed the game!!

Most stadiums here have those cards. You can get the cards (€2 or 3 euro deposit I think) and put cash on it from the numerous staff under the concourse. You'll get the deposit and surplus cash back when you hand the card in after you've finished buying but agreed its not ideal for the one off visitor. Still have the card from Hannover on saturday - must have been well used if I never got round to cashing it in so hopefully I spent most of what was on it!

In Frankfurt there are food/drink sellers that come round the seats that take cash and seen that at Kaiserlsautern as well.

blairwallace
24-08-2010, 07:17 PM
was kind of expecting an announcement saying that their planning on filling in the corners with flats :grr:

Alex Trager
24-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Do you's mean like what rangers have got on the opposing stand from the tunnel or what is on the official website?

HibeePaj
24-08-2010, 08:31 PM
I was stuck in Malaysia for the same reason and missed the game!!

Most stadiums here have those cards. You can get the cards (€2 or 3 euro deposit I think) and put cash on it from the numerous staff under the concourse. You'll get the deposit and surplus cash back when you hand the card in after you've finished buying but agreed its not ideal for the one off visitor. Still have the card from Hannover on saturday - must have been well used if I never got round to cashing it in so hopefully I spent most of what was on it!

In Frankfurt there are food/drink sellers that come round the seats that take cash and seen that at Kaiserlsautern as well.

aw really? gutter,, i was lucky to get out of singapore,, my flight was for frankfurt but got diverted to rome,, then had a coach trip to frankfurt.. and it went on.. NIGHTMARE..

Yh, wasnt to keen as it was only for the one time.. yh there was plenty guys comin up selling bread and other appetising 'match snacks':wink: but i was sure they also took the card.
Was really good time though, good experiance aeven if it did look like more fun in the with the Hertha Berlin support ;)

.Sean.
24-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Do you's mean like what rangers have got on the opposing stand from the tunnel or what is on the official website?
Perhaps it'll be similar to what's at St James Park and Old Trafford :agree:

Aubenas
24-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Hope club take their time and get it right whatever they do.

About statues - always a bit dubious, but I just got a picture in my head - for outside main entrance or in reception - of a statue of Canon Hannan sitting, with MIchael Whelaghan standing behind him with his hand on his shoulder. Kind of like a sepia photograph from those days. Any artists on here who could do a drawing of that?
Those two will always be central to Hibs - with statues of players from later on it's difficult to know who to choose or how many etc

Iain G
25-08-2010, 01:34 AM
They've already got a stand named after them, no disprespect but I think that we have a lot more things about the club which also deserve recognition.

Perhaps the Secret Seven then? :greengrin

lucky
25-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Not keen on statues or anything like that. Club badge outside east. Then sell the rest of the space to advertisers. Then start spending on the team. The Hibs board have done a fantastic job to get the club to where we are with the infrastructure and debt management but its on the park that counts. We have been patient but from next season I want to see investment in the team.

down-the-slope
25-08-2010, 08:35 AM
www.hibs.co.uk (http://www.hibs.co.uk)

Great picture of East from Sunday...with Graphics along top of stand syaing..'The Bounce Got Bigger'...would be good if letters like this could be put up for real

MacBean
25-08-2010, 08:38 AM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?190879-Hibernian-Stadium-Branding-make-ER-a-real-home

:wink:

down-the-slope
25-08-2010, 08:43 AM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?190879-Hibernian-Stadium-Branding-make-ER-a-real-home

:wink:

:embarrass...

aberhibsfc
25-08-2010, 08:44 AM

Of course we have, but how many can be transferred onto a statue type image.
All hypothetical and matter of personal opinon, what would you like to see?

I'd like a statue like this with the stand image rights being available for advertisement revenue. I ain't going to be upset if it didn't happen.

Lucius Apuleius
25-08-2010, 08:49 AM
www.hibs.co.uk (http://www.hibs.co.uk)

Great picture of East from Sunday...with Graphics along top of stand syaing..'The Bounce Got Bigger'...would be good if letters like this could be put up for real

Far too dangerous!!!!!!!! If we need a net up in the FF to stop balls we would need a net under here to stop them falling on the populace:grr:

:greengrin

tigerted
25-08-2010, 10:29 AM
The new East Stand should be called "the Hawkhill Heights" or just the Heights by those who use it!

Make the Famous 5 Stand just that. Get very large vinyl posters of Reilly, Ormond, Turnbull, Johnstone & Smith for specific seating areas of that Stand.

The perspex sides of all Stands could be closed in with crowd scenes of Hibernian Fans on more hanging posters (similar to what Arsenal had when they were renovating their ground).

Hibs should also have used the opportunity to place something prominent on seating area of the "East". The Club Crest/Hibernian F.C./Easter Road etc.

There is much more that could be done to personalise our Stadium.

DC_Hibs
28-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Hum...care to expand :wink:

As promised Mix Master here's a display for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0MV5-DkI6E

http://galerie.eintracht-online.net/displayimage.php?pid=10633&fullsize=1

Jones28
28-08-2010, 10:33 PM
:agree:

was speaking with fife hyland outside the east on Sunday. its all in the pipe line, obviously cost is a big factor in everything.

signs not just under the floodlights either. the support beams on the rear of the stand allow hibs to have those mesh type banners, he mentioned that the stadium can be seen when your on your way into the stadium from the east coast. aswell as carlton hill etc.. and has already received a number of emails with suggestions on signage to make it identifiable from miles away. :thumbsup:

It looked immense on the train from Aberdeen the other day from across the forth :agree:

steviecarnie
28-08-2010, 11:33 PM
was at old trafford again today and what a difference colour and banners make to the place, it gives it a homely feel if you get me (not just flat packed and dropped there) - Anyone thats been will know that everywhere you go there is a reminder of past glories and successes, currently as u walk under the stand there are banners detailing great moments in the 100 years of OT, that hibs could quite easily/cheaply also do inside the new east and other stands.

Also the other week i noticed on football focus that arsenal are beginning to "Arsenalise" the emirates adding the clock to one end again, any suggestions what hibs can do? maybe for one of the corners?

Bobo
29-08-2010, 09:24 AM
was at old trafford again today and what a difference colour and banners make to the place, it gives it a homely feel if you get me (not just flat packed and dropped there) - Anyone thats been will know that everywhere you go there is a reminder of past glories and successes, currently as u walk under the stand there are banners detailing great moments in the 100 years of OT, that hibs could quite easily/cheaply also do inside the new east and other stands.

Also the other week i noticed on football focus that arsenal are beginning to "Arsenalise" the emirates adding the clock to one end again, any suggestions what hibs can do? maybe for one of the corners?

Branding/personalisation of Easter Road has been chewed over a few times and I guess it all boils down to just how much the club are willing to spend on doing this?

For me a must would be the installation of external neon lighting around the full perimeter of the roof/stadium with "Hibernian Football Club" above the main entrance.

Images of the stadium, in its previous guises, could be hung inside each of the stands showing how each area of the ground used to look in days gone bye.

A statue has been mentioned on many occasions and there has been loads of suggestions as to who it should honour, personally I would choose Joe Baker. This could be sited anywhere within the vacinity of the stadium from outside the main entrance to the North/East corner or inside the gates leading up to the turnstiles of the East stand.

You mention Arsenal reinstating their old Highbury clock, it's a pity Hibs never kept and stored the scoreboard from the old Dunbar End as this could have been cleaned up and filled one of the open corners of the ground. It wouldn't have to have been used like it used to be but would have been good to have had a bit of the old stadium still standing and could still be used for advertising.

The club would never go to the expense of having a replica scoreboard made but I think it would look pretty cool.

There's been lots of folk who have come up with good ideas for branding, let's hope the club get a few decent ones together and finish off the stadium with a bit of class.