PDA

View Full Version : When is the Draw for the League Cup made?

Bristolhibby
24-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Is it after tomorrow nights games?

Or will we have to wait until 10:32 on Monday morning, so that nobody can see it?

J

Bristolhibby
25-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Is it after tomorrow nights games?

Or will we have to wait until 10:32 on Monday morning, so that nobody can see it?

J

Anybody?

J

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Well, as it's a national competition, so one would have thought that there would be a high profile well-publicised media draw, to generate some excitement.

But as it is run by the footballing authorities in Scotland, it will remain shrouded in secrecy, mired in incompetence, with a hint of corruption, and therefore received in total apathy.

Look to a newspaper that nobody reads nowadays, the Scotsman will do, and over the next few days you might find a little box containing the details.

What a country! We might not be the the best fans in the world, but we deserve better.

Sammy7nil
25-08-2010, 11:16 AM
No radio coverage for last nights games , this competition is dying on it's feet.

MacBean
25-08-2010, 11:17 AM
No radio coverage for last nights games , this competition is dying on it's feet.

Only the second round, the big teams come into the next round :cool2:

:greengrin

ionahibby
25-08-2010, 11:26 AM

2nd round or not it annoys me that the bbc or itv for that matter take very little interest in these sort of stages these competitions, i bet you that the 2nd round of the carling cup was on radio five live :grr: I understand english football is classed as being bigger that scottish football but we should be fairly represented as well

Gettin' Auld
25-08-2010, 12:02 PM
When is the Draw for the League Cup made?

Whenever the "Gruesome Twosome" have decided who they want to face in the next round?

Moulin Yarns
25-08-2010, 12:09 PM
if it helps, the ties are on the 21st and 22nd of September :wink: so I suppose there's about 3 weeks to make the draw.

1two
25-08-2010, 12:14 PM

Yep, it need restructuring!
The last 4 in Scotland should meet the last 10 in engalnd and Wales and last 2 in Ireland. Get it sponsored by coca cola or someone and sky/espn would be all over it. Hold the final at different venues every year, hampden, wembley, millennium stadium etc

European place for the winner
Prize money split fairly

Get it sorted rod!

LancsHibs
25-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Yep, it need restructuring!
The last 4 in Scotland should meet the last 10 in engalnd and Wales and last 2 in Ireland. Get it sponsored by coca cola or someone and sky/espn would be all over it. Hold the final at different venues every year, hampden, wembley, millennium stadium etc

European place for the winner
Prize money split fairly

Get it sorted rod!

Great idea! Gets my vote:thumbsup::thumbsup:

brog
25-08-2010, 12:42 PM
I went on SL website, which, to be fair has great coverage of prior rounds & good articles about the smaller teams who are already playing in the competition, I'm sure there was a mention of Yams!!
There was however zilch re the date of the draw, really not good enough I'm afraid.

Sir David Gray
25-08-2010, 09:31 PM
If last year is anything to go by, which it should be since the dates of when each round is played is the same as last year, then the draw should be made next Tuesday.

The last 16 line-up has now been completed and these are the teams that we could face;

Aberdeen
Brechin
Celtic
Dunfermline
Dundee Utd
Falkirk
Hearts
Inverness CT
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Queen of the South
Raith Rovers
Rangers
Ross County
St Johnstone

Anyone have any preferences out of that lot?

MacBean
25-08-2010, 09:32 PM
If last year is anything to go by, which it should be since the dates of when each round is played is the same as last year, then the draw should be made next Tuesday.

The last 16 line-up has now been completed and these are the teams that we could face;

Aberdeen
Brechin
Celtic
Dunfermline
Dundee Utd
Falkirk
Hearts
Inverness CT
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Queen of the South
Raith Rovers
Rangers
Ross County
St Johnstone

Anyone have any preferences out of that lot?

Brechin at home as half their first team couldnt play against us :greengrin

Banff
25-08-2010, 09:37 PM

But we're the 'wee team'!!!

Diclonius
25-08-2010, 10:18 PM
The third round is seeded so this is who we could face:
Brechin City
Dunfermline Athletic
Falkirk
Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Kilmarnock
Queen of the South
Raith Rovers
Ross County

hibees707070
25-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Inverness away please!

Sir David Gray
25-08-2010, 10:34 PM
The third round is seeded so this is who we could face:
Brechin City
Dunfermline Athletic
Falkirk
Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Kilmarnock
Queen of the South
Raith Rovers
Ross County

I was thinking about that but I thought the League Cup was a simple free draw. Apparently that is only the case from 1/4 finals onwards.

In the case, I would like Queen of the South, Falkirk, Dunfermline or Brechin. I would rather avoid Ross County, Raith Rovers, Inverness and Kilmarnock, particularly away from home.

OtterHibee
25-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Inverness away please!

Preferably not :paranoid:

A tie at ER would be ideal (especially for those of us with the Cup Top-up!), but Dunfermline at East End Park would be the pick of the bunch away from home as far as I'm concerned.

mutley
26-08-2010, 11:11 AM
OH the thought of Ross County!!!! but surely they can't knock us out again???:bitchy:

Diclonius
26-08-2010, 11:32 AM
It's been cancelled. Celgers and Rantic get byes to the final.

DH1875
26-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Inverness away please!

Tell me you stay in Inverness. If not you crazy.
I'd take anyone other than Inverness or County away.