PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Nicholas on SSN

Hibernian Verse
24-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Calling for a 3 match ban for McGregor. Shame the SFA don't have the balls.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-08-2010, 12:29 PM
make it a 4 match ban for his ridiculous hair-do :agree:

johnbc70
24-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Funny how its all over the tv, yet SFA act as if nothing happened and hide behind the rule that as he was booked there is nothing more they can do.

Captain Trips
24-08-2010, 12:56 PM
What was Mcgregor booked for? and what was Riordan booked for in the incident, is there offical word from the ref?

Hibs Class
24-08-2010, 01:03 PM
I noticed earlier Gordon Smith was also critical of McGregor

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8938240.stm

Owain_1987
24-08-2010, 01:23 PM
One thing I really don't understand is what was both players booked for and why did McBride and Lafferty get sent off? The referee had a shocker, Riordan should not of been booked and McGregor should of been sent off. While once I hate Lafferty he should not of been sent off and McBride should not even of been booked.

Jack
24-08-2010, 01:23 PM
No word of any action being taken from within Ibrox either then :confused:

bighairyfaeleith
24-08-2010, 01:55 PM
No word from the sfa either citing reasons why the yellow was made.

HibeeSince85
24-08-2010, 01:58 PM
One thing I really don't understand is what was both players booked for and why did McBride and Lafferty get sent off? The referee had a shocker, Riordan should not of been booked and McGregor should of been sent off. While once I hate Lafferty he should not of been sent off and McBride should not even of been booked.

McGregor for being a play acting wee dirty hun bassa, Lafferty for being a dirty hun bassa.

Deeko and McBride for heing the Hibs players who the ref had to book because we were playing the dirty hun bassas.

gillythehibby
24-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Funny how its all over the tv, yet SFA act as if nothing happened and hide behind the rule that as he was booked there is nothing more they can do.

*** hand shakers, That's why. Better no upset the "brothers". That's the SFA attitude. nae wonder Celtic are always moaning aboot conspiricies !!

HibeeSince85
24-08-2010, 02:06 PM
*** hand shakers, That's why. Better no upset the "brothers". That's the SFA attitude. nae wonder Celtic are always moaning aboot conspiricies !!

They're just as bad.

2 cheeks of the same arse if you ask me.

BT58
24-08-2010, 02:12 PM
if you look at the highlights of the macgregor incident,,,,deeks actually pulls out of hitting said player by pulling up , if deeks had not, then the goalie would /could have been injured
the ref should look at this, there is no way deeks should have been yellow carded
i take it you cant appeal a yellow card????????
b

aberhibsfc
24-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Aye and the thug Weir.

Experienced veteran my a$$, mon the arthritis!!

The picture of Weir with his hands on McBride, excellent advertisement for our game and our youth to look up to.

One week he wants to smack a Hibby then the following represent us in an International. . . FO!

Aldo
24-08-2010, 03:12 PM

He should of if the ref thought it was deliberate...unsporting conduct or something like that.

Never a straight red and TBH you will see worse tackles on players and they will get yellows...so for me both Yellow for Laugherty and McBride....Yellow for Greg Luganis sorry Noel Coward no sorry wrong again Mcgregor....cheating, feigning injury and should get a 3 match ban as did Laugherty did in the Mulgrew incident.

The SFA have made a rod for their own back by not taking further action against McGregor. Dinosaurs and TBH they are still in the Cavemen era when it comes to this sort of thing.

deeks01
24-08-2010, 10:21 PM
He should of if the ref thought it was deliberate...unsporting conduct or something like that.

Never a straight red and TBH you will see worse tackles on players and they will get yellows...so for me both Yellow for Laugherty and McBride....Yellow for Greg Luganis sorry Noel Coward no sorry wrong again Mcgregor....cheating, feigning injury and should get a 3 match ban as did Laugherty did in the Mulgrew incident.

The SFA have made a rod for their own back by not taking further action against McGregor. Dinosaurs and TBH they are still in the Cavemen era when it comes to this sort of thing.

so by that logic macgregor should have been off as well? unsporting behaviour was it not :confused:

one rule for us another for them :grr:

sesoim
24-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Two things that most annoyed me -

1) the SFA rule about not being able to take further action if a yellow has been issued. Why? A referee can't ban a player for three games on the spot, so why CAN'T further action be taken?

2) The referee, like a lot of referees, feels as if he can't book/send off an OF players without evening things up. This happens all over the world - I have seen it plenty of times in the Premiership as well.

Total cowardness.

ekhibee
24-08-2010, 11:36 PM
I noticed earlier Gordon Smith was also critical of McGregor

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8938240.stm
Yep, Smith was right, but what really annoyed me was Clark's comments later on in the article. It would seem that some players, in his eyes, can never change, and for that reason will never get the benefit of the doubt. He was referring to, amongst others, Riordan. I'm so so glad that idiot isn't a referee any more. but if he's representative of the majority of referees, God help us, Brines is bad enough without experienced ex-ref's backing him up IMO.