PDA

View Full Version : SFA - we know what it stands for

bighairyfaeleith
24-08-2010, 06:23 AM
So, we have all discussed the sfa in the other threads but I wanted to try and get some answers directly about this body. Hopefully someone can help.

Who decides who gets to run the SFA?
Who does the SFA answer to?
Does the SPL have to stay under the SFA's remit and control?
Why can George Peat not read his own emails?

I feel like hitting my head against a brick wall with the sfa:grr:

DCI Gene Hunt
24-08-2010, 06:27 AM
To answer your questions...

Who decides who gets to run the SFA? Celtic and Rangers
Who does the SFA answer to? Celtic and Rangers
Does the SPL have to stay under the SFA's remit and control? If by "SFA" you mean "Celtic and Rangers", Yes
Why can George Peat not read his own emails? He's probably too busy attending to matters involving Cetic and Rangers

:agree:

DCI Hunt

Gettin' Auld
24-08-2010, 07:48 AM
I can think of plenty acronyms for SFA..........Unfortunately, most of them would cause the "swear filter" on here to have a nervous breakdown.
:grr:

Future17
24-08-2010, 07:59 AM
On a related-issue, I sent an e-mail to Drew Herbertson, who is Head of Referees or something like that, recently. I was asking for further information regarding the SFA Disciplinary Process for referees. I also copied in two of his colleagues as per the info available on the SFA website.

After about a week I received a reply from Mr Herbertson asking for further information, which I duly provided. I never received a reply, leading me to the conclusion that either:

a) Mr Herbertson doesn't know or understand the process.
b) No process exists.
c) The understanding of such a process is above mere mortals like actual fans.
d) Mr Herbertson is part of a corrupt process/organisation that doesn't like scrutiny.
e) Some combination of more than one of the above.

bighairyfaeleith
24-08-2010, 08:34 AM
On a related-issue, I sent an e-mail to Drew Herbertson, who is Head of Referees or something like that, recently. I was asking for further information regarding the SFA Disciplinary Process for referees. I also copied in two of his colleagues as per the info available on the SFA website.

After about a week I received a reply from Mr Herbertson asking for further information, which I duly provided. I never received a reply, leading me to the conclusion that either:

a) Mr Herbertson doesn't know or understand the process.
b) No process exists.
c) The understanding of such a process is above mere mortals like actual fans.
d) Mr Herbertson is part of a corrupt process/organisation that doesn't like scrutiny.
e) Some combination of more than one of the above.

yes interestingly I wrote a very polite email to the sfa about riordans yellow just to seek some clarification and it has now been passed on to the referee development group, whatever that is, i somehow suspect I won't receive another reply though.

Going to keep pestering them though.

WarringtonHibee
24-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Spineless ****ing ********s?

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I often hear it said who do you support the most, Hibs or Scotland. And you get the usual folk saying it should be both, they will never play each other, and its possible to support both. Well i'm sorry i cant support that ****in erse keeper who plays for the huns at any time.

I cant spend 90 minutes hating the twat, then cheer him on when he is picked for the national team. Its players like him that have turned me off the national side. We should have unconditional love for our national side, but because of his antics, and others before him, mine and i imagine many more have been sickened by their actions, and its only natural we are picking out league sides over the national one.:boo hoo:

Twa Cairpets
24-08-2010, 08:56 AM
So, we have all discussed the sfa in the other threads but I wanted to try and get some answers directly about this body. Hopefully someone can help.

Who decides who gets to run the SFA?
The SFA do, which is made up by its constituent clubs and bodies - SPL, SFL, SYFA, SWF, SAFA. im guessing people are proposed for election to executive posts, with full-time appointeess interviewed for the position as for any other job.

Who does the SFA answer to?
Its members, like any other asociated body that exists solely as a fuinction of itself

Does the SPL have to stay under the SFA's remit and control?
Yes, as if they are not affiliated to the governing body of the sport in the country they cannot have access to European competitions, or even, i would think, get referees etc

Why can George Peat not read his own emails?
I'm guessing because his job is to adminster the association not read all his emails. If he gets, say, 200 a day from fans asking questions, then he doesnt have time to do his job or enter into long email correspdance

I feel like hitting my head against a brick wall with the sfa:grr:

These grand conspiracy theories are embarassing. I do not believe they exist, certainly not with referees. They may make incompetent or unpopular decisions, but thats a whole different thing.

The governing body of a sport has, by its nature, to balance the often mutually exclusive goals of its consituent parts. Clubs will have one aim, supporters another, and the demands of the national team and mainitaining positive revenue streams may go another direction again.

Most embarassing, though, is seeing Hibs fans going down the route of a persecution complex. Lets leave that to the deluded ones over the road.

bighairyfaeleith
24-08-2010, 09:13 AM
These grand conspiracy theories are embarassing. I do not believe they exist, certainly not with referees. They may make incompetent or unpopular decisions, but thats a whole different thing.

The governing body of a sport has, by its nature, to balance the often mutually exclusive goals of its consituent parts. Clubs will have one aim, supporters another, and the demands of the national team and mainitaining positive revenue streams may go another direction again.

Most embarassing, though, is seeing Hibs fans going down the route of a persecution complex. Lets leave that to the deluded ones over the road.

Sorry but what grand conspracy have I mentioned?

What persecution complex?

I have just asked for some clarity on some points:confused:

Twa Cairpets
24-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Sorry but what grand conspracy have I mentioned?

What persecution complex?

I have just asked for some clarity on some points:confused:

I was infering from your post both the persecution complex and the conspiracy - apologies if I've picked it up wrong. There is though across all the threads on this general topic/McGergor/Riordan/Brines/Lafferty/McBride a suggestion of this Yamesque blaming of the SFA for everything.

bighairyfaeleith
24-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I was infering from your post both the persecution complex and the conspiracy - apologies if I've picked it up wrong. There is though across all the threads on this general topic/McGergor/Riordan/Brines/Lafferty/McBride a suggestion of this Yamesque blaming of the SFA for everything.

Quite possibly there is, but my post was simply to try and understand how the sfa is put together. I think that at the moment it appears to be a very secretive organisation, especially around refereeing decisions. I was interested to find out what sort of clout clubs have within the sfa. I think if the SFA was more open and explained things then a lot of the conspiracy theories would be dealt with earlier and not allowed to grow arms and legs.

My comment by the way about george peat, was because on the sfa website it has his pa's email adress rather than his, I more wondered if george could answer an email even if he wanted to?

LancsHibs
24-08-2010, 11:14 AM
SFA = Same Failed Approach = Levein