PDA

View Full Version : David Weir

KiddA
24-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Just watched some more highlights of the game here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ0W_niN1I4

Noticed David Weir grabbing Mcbride by the neck on 19 seconds . So how may I ask did Weir stay on the park? model pro my arse, the guy gets away with murder.

If I was Hibs I would fight this whole thing with the sfa

David Weir is a very annoying player but knows he gets away with murder when he is captain of Rangers. I believe Gerrard said something similar about him in his book.

Does anyone have more footage of the whole incident?

Dunbar Hibee
24-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Dirty hun bassa!

Number69
24-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Keep an eye on Weir I've noticed this countless times with him and never ever gets booked!

Violent conduct at best.:agree:

hibernator
24-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Keep an eye on Weir I've noticed this countless times with him and never ever gets booked!

Violent conduct at best.:agree:
btw right in front of Brines, whatta cheating cur, he should be marked down or banned from reffing altogether,then he will be free to drive the team bus, Beating chastard that he is.:bye:

1two
24-08-2010, 06:00 AM
If he had sent him off, as he should have done, I bet we Liam miller would also have been off, just to even thongs out.

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Isn't being Rangers captain the football equivalent of having Diplomatic immunity?

Woody70x2
24-08-2010, 06:54 AM
If he had sent him off, as he should have done, I bet we Liam miller would also have been off, just to even thongs out.

I am sure Liam was wearing Y fronts.

Www1875hfc
24-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Just watched some more highlights of the game here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ0W_niN1I4

Noticed David Weir grabbing Mcbride by the neck on 19 seconds . So how may I ask did Weir stay on the park? model pro my arse, the guy gets away with murder.

If I was Hibs I would fight this whole thing with the sfa

David Weir is a very annoying player but knows he gets away with murder when he is captain of Rangers. I believe Gerrard said something similar about him in his book.

Does anyone have more footage of the whole incident?

Certainly does grab him by the throat. Found some pics over the road.
Christ,even in another picture the boy describes riordans free kick,as he hits the face of the wall? check them out.

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/G0000aJ__to_aCGk/I0000aB7vH3kdUXo/23

JimBHibees
24-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Isn't being Rangers captain the football equivalent of having Diplomatic immunity?

Always has, always will. Remeber guys like Gough, Greig, Ferguson etc etc being able to get away with murder. Can also remeber the now gobby Kenny Clark giving one of the most putrid refereeing displays ever at ER when Ferguson got a foul everytime for in most cases next to nothing.

Bottom line is all or most of the top refs are based in the Glasgow area and are petrified of giving something against Gers certainly Brines, McCurry, dougal, richmond are.

Hibee87
24-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Weir is always at it although take a look at the replays again, after he grabs mcbride by the throat and pushes him away De Graff comes in behind weir, weir looks as if he is about to turn round and have a go at whoever was there. When he sees de graff and they look about the same hight and build he seems to take a wee step back. *****e bag :faf:

basehibby
24-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Christ,even in another picture the boy describes riordans free kick,as he hits the face of the wall? check them out.

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/G0000aJ__to_aCGk/I0000aB7vH3kdUXo/23

Great photos that show vivdly Davie Weir grabbing McBride by the throat - evidently with a nasty looking smile on his face!

Also, Lafferty is shown booting Stokes into the air during the stramash - something I seem to have missed in the video footage.

My opinion about the incident has now changed - BOTH Lafferty and Weir should have been sent off - McBride should have remained on the pitch having received a yellow card at most.

Brines is either an incompetent referee or a corrupt monkey working for the OF (or maybe both).

berwickhibee
24-08-2010, 09:20 AM
weir gets away with murder on a regular basis,hes a sneaky hun twat!!!!!!

telling the referee what to do on the riordan and mcbride incidents,when it had bugger all to do with him,if the referee wasnt so weak he would and should have told weir to GTF.

Another weak and woeful refereeing performance in rangers favour.

riordan does nothing=booked
mcgregor blatantly cheats=booked

lafferty an over the top reckless challenge,on the back of another foul and then raises his hands=red card

mcbride kicks the ball while the ball is still in play,referee hadnt blown his whistle,admittedly at lafferty,so what??=red card

weir grabs mcbride by the throat=nothing
bougherra shocking late tackle from behind on miller-worst tackle of the game=nothing or a yellow cant remember.

Sfa do nothing even though tv evidence clearly shows mcgregor cheating,after all we are still waiting on punishment handed out to the old firm for singing secterian songs,it was clearly stated that any secterian singing would lead to a fine,but every week the same ***** filling scotlands football stadiums singing their bile and what happens??? nowt:grr:

on the back of the game at the end of last season where 3 huge decisions went against us and for the huns,it really is beyond the joke now:boo hoo: rant over:wink:

glory glory:thumbsup:

heretoday
24-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Always hated Weir.

CentreLine
24-08-2010, 09:35 AM
:agree:
Weir is always at it although take a look at the replays again, after he grabs mcbride by the throat and pushes him away De Graff comes in behind weir, weir looks as if he is about to turn round and have a go at whoever was there. When he sees de graff and they look about the same hight and build he seems to take a wee step back. *****e bag :faf:

:agree:Yes that's exactly as I saw it. And not for the first time. He does it a lot and gets away with it. Any time there is a flash point in a game with Weir involved you are likely to see him gripping a smaller player by the throat. Someone should be keeping a count and putting it before the SFA. However, I laughed a lot whan I saw him realise that De Graff was bigger than him. Out of the many times I have seen Weir grip players by the throat I can't remember ever seeing him square up to someone his own size.

Ryan69
24-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Im certain he was involved in an incident last season against Hibs too. He always goes to drag the opposition player away....making it seem like hes taking away the instigator.
The incident involved Stokes and after McGregor pushed him away after been handed the ball,good old Weir stepped in to grab Stokes away and Im sure getting him booked for absolutely heehaw.

Dirty Rangers Hertz *******.:grr:

superfurryhibby
24-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Weir - cheating, moaning, diving, toublemaking ersehole. Articulate, model professional? Hardly.

Notice that the photos show Miller producing a fine save from the Riordan free kick. He does this whilst jumping about two foot in the air so it could hardly be deemed to be protetcing his face. Guess the ref never saw that from his vantage point of a few yards either.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Weir - cheating, moaning, diving, toublemaking ersehole. Articulate, model professional? Hardly.

Notice that the photos show Miller producing a fine save from the Riordan free kick. He does this whilst jumping about two foot in the air so it could hardly be deemed to be protetcing his face. Guess the ref never saw that from his vantage point of a few yards either.

We should be grateful the free kick taker is not sent off for violent play.:boo hoo:

Haymaker
24-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Bloody hell he is back in the Scotland squad...

ancienthibby
24-08-2010, 05:37 PM

Bombard the vass link to:

darryl.broadfoot@scottishfa.co.uk

I just did - the more the merrier!!:greengrin

FitbaFolkKen
24-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Scotland hit a new low, I notice that all the disgraced current buns are back in the squad apart from Ferguson who has retired.

Recalled to the Scotland squad at 40.....it's enough to make an onion greet!