PDA

View Full Version : NHC The Famous Five Lower. Is it getting too Dangerous to sit in? before kick off.

LeithBoozy
23-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Perhaps it's time for hibs too consider getting a set of safety nets on wheels to go behind the goals. I watched in horror on Sunday as an old guy was hit with the ball a real sore one. There are a few kiddies in this stand and it would be a pity to wait until one was hurt. Who would be the best man to contact. ?

matty_f
23-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Perhaps it's time for hibs too consider getting a set of safety nets on wheels to go behind the goals. I watched in horror on Sunday as an old guy was hit with the ball a real sore one. There are a few kiddies in this stand and it would be a pity to wait until one was hurt. Who would be the best man to contact. ?

Can only assume this was when Nish was warming up?

Stokes and Riordan use the net attached to the goal frame to stop the ball.:greengrin

TowerHibs
23-08-2010, 05:26 PM

after 15 years then now is the time for a safety net!!!!!

Best man to call is past self, cause your balls have obviously disappeared. Cotton Ball mentality!!!!!

Bayern Bru
23-08-2010, 05:35 PM

Stokes and Riordan use the net attached to the goal frame to stop the ball.:greengrin

Actually M, you're not a million miles away from the truth there.
:greengrin

Hibercelona
23-08-2010, 05:37 PM
after 15 years then now is the time for a safety net!!!!!

Best man to call is past self, cause your balls have obviously disappeared. Cotton Ball mentality!!!!!

Oh what an excellent metality you have sir.

So if a 5 year old kid gets seriously injured because of this, its their own fault for having cotton balls...

What if somebodies in the middle of climbing the stairs when they get struck? They could quite easily collapse and go tumbling right down them. :bitchy:

Its an issue that could turn into something very serious.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 05:39 PM

So if a 5 year old kid gets seriously injured because of this, its their own fault for having cotton balls...

What if somebodies in the middle of climbing the stairs when they get struck? They could quite easily collapse and go tumbling right down them. :bitchy:

Are you actually at the wind-up?

How many people were seriously injured as a result of being hit by a ball in any of the hundreds of games attended this weekend?

Kyle Lafferty had a ball leathered at him from about two yards and he was ok.

Not saying it's impossible for someone to take a sore one from a ball, but the chances of it happening are slim, and certainly not worth the hassle of sticking nets and that up.

MSK
23-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I was in the South v Aberdeen & one o the young dons players leathered the ball way past the post during warm up ...i had a juicy pie in my right hand & a piping hot coffee in the other..the ball smacked my right hand & my pie went intae ****ing orbit !!!!

Aye ..get them big nets in....i dont mind getting scudded on the heid but damned if im gonna have another pie in the sky moment ..:boo hoo:

Hibercelona
23-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Are you actually at the wind-up?

How many people were seriously injured as a result of being hit by a ball in any of the hundreds of games attended this weekend?

Kyle Lafferty had a ball leathered at him from about two yards and he was ok.

Not saying it's impossible for someone to take a sore one from a ball, but the chances of it happening are slim, and certainly not worth the hassle of sticking nets and that up.

Slim or not, it could still happen.

Lafferty isn't a 5 year old boy is he? Even although he has the mentality of one. :wink:

greenlex
23-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Get the old codger to do a bobby charlton FFS. What age is he?
Can I take you all back to Pre season lst year at Kircaldy?
HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could find that thread.

GlesgaeHibby
23-08-2010, 05:50 PM

Lafferty isn't a 5 year old boy is he? Even although he has the mentality of one. :wink:

Better not leave the house tonight then, could get struck by lightning. Slim chance, but it could still happen eh?

Bayern Bru
23-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't think safety nets would be plausible, although I appreciate the concerns pointed out by the OP.

Best case scenario would be if the team altered the order of their preparations by practicing shooting early on in the pre-match warmup to limit the chances of injury, pie-obliterating and coffee-spilling.

Not sure how helpful that would be though. Has this 'problem' been addressed by any other clubs?

Hibercelona
23-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Better not leave the house tonight then, could get struck by lightning. Slim chance, but it could still happen eh?

Well thats a bit of a daft comparison to make.

Being stuck by lightning is unavoidable if its going to happen.

On the other hand, a bairn being struck hard on the face with a ball at a football game is very avoidable.

The chances of getting hit with a ball at a football game isn't that slim. It happens quite a lot actually. Its just luck that the people that have been struck have either been sitting down, or next to their seat. Some people have been knocked unconscious from being hit.

Theres no reason that somebody couldn't be knocked unconcious while going up the stairs. Its very possible.

MacBean
23-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I was in the South v Aberdeen & one o the young dons players leathered the ball way past the post during warm up ...i had a juicy pie in my right hand & a piping hot coffee in the other..the ball smacked my right hand & my pie went intae ****ing orbit !!!!

Aye ..get them big nets in....i dont mind getting scudded on the heid but damned if im gonna have another pie in the sky moment ..:boo hoo:

u get a replacement??

SunshineOnLeith
23-08-2010, 06:03 PM

No, it's really not.

MSK
23-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't think safety nets would be plausible, although I appreciate the concerns pointed out by the OP.

Best case scenario would be if the team altered the order of their preparations by practicing shooting early on in the pre-match warmup to limit the chances of injury, pie-obliterating and coffee-spilling.

Not sure how helpful that would be though. Has this 'problem' been addressed by any other clubs?Aye ..def pie obliterating ..:agree:..i brought this up (no the pie obviously) to Petrie a couple o weeks later whilst having a pie & pint in the safe confines of BTG ...he asked me what kinda pie it was then smirked & said he would "look into it"....i told him it was a bit late as my pie was splattered all over the place, there wouldnt be much to look into !!! ...:bitchy:

Petrie..sort it oot !!!

Pie:protest:

Hibercelona
23-08-2010, 06:06 PM
No, it's really not.

Bairn walks up stairs.... ball hits bairn....

Impossible. :rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-08-2010, 06:11 PM
InjuryLawyers4you.com for the OP!

MSK
23-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Bairn walks up stairs.... ball hits bairn....

Impossible. :rolleyes:It does happen no doubt but when do you ever hear of anyone being injured ...ive been scudded loads o times throughout the years..even as a kid ...i was once walking down the stairs o the east terrace & big Gogs Rae managed tae smack a ball right into my family allowance ..other than a bit o pride & talking like Joe Pasquale for a week i was fine ...all part & parcel o the game ...:agree:

Removed
23-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Get the old codger to do a bobby charlton FFS. What age is he?
Can I take you all back to Pre season lst year at Kircaldy?
HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could find that thread.

You only got to header it cos I ducked :greengrin

Was a stormer though :cool2:

biggie1875
23-08-2010, 06:16 PM

maybe you should email the club and see if they can issue hard hat as you enter the stand ....:tin hat:

shamo9
23-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Well thats a bit of a daft comparison to make.

Being stuck by lightning is unavoidable if its going to happen.

On the other hand, a bairn being struck hard on the face with a ball at a football game is very avoidable.

The chances of getting hit with a ball at a football game isn't that slim. It happens quite a lot actually. Its just luck that the people that have been struck have either been sitting down, or next to their seat. Some people have been knocked unconscious from being hit.

Theres no reason that somebody couldn't be knocked unconcious while going up the stairs. Its very possible.
You missed the point, you can avoid being struck by lightning by staying indoors, doesn't mean you will though, even if it could save your life

It's amusing that you pass off the most damning factor against your argument as 'just luck'. Getting seriously injured by a ball travelling over 30 yards, now that would be an event so statistically infrequent as to call it 'luck', even of the bad variety.

I find your opinion on 'bairns' extremely patronising as well. Most five year olds will voluntary put themselves in more dangerous situations than a potential skelping from a ball. Heck, if Sauzee or Latapy had knocked me out with a ball, I'd have kept it like a badge of honour and brought it in to show my friends the next day.

I'm away out now, if I get run over by a car I sincerely hope it's worthy of a thread proposing that we take measures to make sure it never happens again.

MSK
23-08-2010, 06:26 PM
maybe you should email the club and see if they can issue hard hat as you enter the stand ....:tin hat:Sod him ..how do i protect ma pie ..?...a hard hat is nae guid !! :greengrin

MSK
23-08-2010, 06:30 PM
You missed the point, you can avoid being struck by lightning by staying indoors, doesn't mean you will though, even if it could save your life

It's amusing that you pass off the most damning factor against your argument as 'just luck'. Getting seriously injured by a ball travelling over 30 yards, now that would be an event so statistically infrequent as to call it 'luck', even of the bad variety.

I find your opinion on 'bairns' extremely patronising as well. Most five year olds will voluntary put themselves in more dangerous situations than a potential skelping from a ball. Heck, if Sauzee or Latapy had knocked me out with a ball, I'd have kept it like a badge of honour and brought it in to show my friends the next day.

I'm away out now, if I get run over by a car I sincerely hope it's worthy of a thread proposing that we take measures to make sure it never happens again.Mind wear clean scants ...:wink:

biggie1875
23-08-2010, 06:31 PM
:faf:

Sod him ..how do i protect ma pie ..?...a hard hat is nae guid !! :greengrin

matty_f
23-08-2010, 06:33 PM

If the pie I had on Sunday is anything to go by, we need to be worried about the damage to the stand if the pie lands on it at velocity. The thing was bloody solid!

greenlex
23-08-2010, 06:33 PM
The guy who gas been hit by lightning mist was a park ranger in north America. He was hit several times over the years and survived. He eventually killed himself over a woman.
Women are more dangerous than lightning. FACT.

Hal Jordan
23-08-2010, 06:35 PM
How many people were seriously injured as a result of being hit by a ball

Ask Murdo MacLeod :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCVNpJjzMpQ&feature=search

shamo9
23-08-2010, 06:36 PM
The guy who gas been hit by lightning mist was a park ranger in north America. He was hit several times over the years and survived. He eventually killed himself over a woman.
Women are more dangerous than lightning. FACT.

So how do you protect yourself against them then? Wear two hard hats?

Viva_Palmeiras
23-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Yet another example of the dangers of all seated stadia standing primes the spectator not only for the elements (like the penguins it's just natures way) but the unexpected. This allied to the increased tripping hazard and liklihood that someone spills something hot or noxious on you as they make their way back from catering.
I rest my case

shamo9
23-08-2010, 06:39 PM

Turn it over, put the pie inside and, hey presto, you have a makeshift lunchbox.

greenlex
23-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Shamo two hard hats is no use. One is fine but avoid a hard helmet if at all possible. You will be fine.
It gets easier as you get older.

Lofarl
23-08-2010, 06:47 PM
I got smacked in the puss years ago from an errant (Super joe) ball in the west upper stand as a laddie. It was one of those things that seemed to happen in slow motion. I can mind looking at the ball coming toward me and wishing I had 3 hands.

My two hands being in grasp of pie and bovril at the tiime so I had to brace my face for impact while holding onto my dad's pie and bovril. I was more afraid of the row I would have gotten from my dad should said snack spill onto the wooden floor than a ball to the face. Plus the I got hit by the ball excuse is as likely as the dog eat my homework excuse.

So in consideration nets over every stand except the south would be a good idea.

MSK
23-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I got smacked in the puss years ago from an errant (Super joe) ball in the west upper stand as a laddie. It was one of those things that seemed to happen in slow motion. I can mind looking at the ball coming toward me and wishing I had 3 hands.

My two hands being in grasp of pie and bovril at the tiime so I had to brace my face for impact while holding onto my dad's pie and bovril. I was more afraid of the row I would have gotten from my dad should said snack spill onto the wooden floor than a ball to the face. Plus the I got hit by the ball excuse is as likely as the dog eat my homework excuse.

So in consideration nets over every stand except the south would be a good idea.Respect ...:thumbsup:

jdships
23-08-2010, 07:25 PM

Why not just do away with allowing supporters into football grounds !!
Political correctness alive and well
:bye:

Stew the Hibee
23-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Could you not then argue we shouldn't let kids play football incase they get hit by the ball too hard?

calamitus
23-08-2010, 07:45 PM
This is where it leads to:
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/calamitus/helmetheid.jpg

Speedy
23-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Has anyone sat in a stadium that has nets behind the goals? What's the view like? Is it annoying having to watch the game through a net? That'll be the next complaint.

By the way, I don't believe this is needed for safety reasons. The chances of being hit are slim, and even if the ball is heading towards you the likelyhood is that you'd notice and stop the ball with your hands(unless your surname is Malkowski).

jakedance
23-08-2010, 08:12 PM
This reminds me of a thread that did the rounds last winter when some dude was greeting that a game should be called off because there was snow on the pavements.

--------
23-08-2010, 08:19 PM
maybe you should email the club and see if they can issue hard hat as you enter the stand ....:tin hat:

... and an Oliver Cromwell. :devil:

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2010, 08:24 PM

Probably the funnniest thing I have ever read on here:top marks

skipster7
23-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Jings,crivvens & help ma boab,I really have heard it all now, when i was wee i WANTED the ball to come towards me.nanny Britain all over, were doomed i tell you:boo hoo:
im away to sit in my padded cell just in case anything happens:faf:

mcaitchi
23-08-2010, 08:37 PM
If You Dont Want To Get Hit With A Football

or Risk Being Hit With A Football or The Thought Of Throwing Your Pie And Bovril Away

Then

JUST STAY AT BLOODY HOME - :grr: WHO WANTS TOO WATCH FOOTBALL BEHIND A GIANT "MIDGY" NET ????

Get a grip - this country is health and safety MAD enough !!!!! :bitchy:

mcaitchi
23-08-2010, 08:40 PM
This is where it leads to:
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/calamitus/helmetheid.jpg

:top marks = Exactly - they have even banned rugby at our kids school !! :grr:

HarpyHibby
23-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Girl of about 7 got smacked in the puss when we were on tour in Ireland back in 2005. She burst her nose open if I recall correctly and she recieveda signed Hibs top as an apology from the club.

sleeping giant
23-08-2010, 09:13 PM
The Hibs players pinging the balls into the stand in sometimes the most exciting part of the match.
Its great fun to watch:greengrin

I seen the auld guy getting skelped but tbh it didnt look that bad :dunno:

I seen a guy about 20 years old getting skelped full in the face when he was sitting texting with one habd and one hand on the back of the chair beside him. :hilarious
He tried to pretend it didnt hurt as there were birds with big paps walking about laughing at him:hilarious

I'm_cabbaged
23-08-2010, 09:23 PM

That ****er didnae get sent off for that did he? :bitchy:

As a side note ma Mrs got planted right in the coupon by a ba' at ma bairn's game once, I was pishin masel. :greengrin

khib70
23-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I remember at Falkirk last season in the pre match warm up, Gareth Evans blootered the ball miles wide of the goal (no change there:greengrin) and splatted a young lady who was standing on the stairs at the Hibs end. A few minutes later, Tam McCourt appeared from the tunnel with a brand new Hibs top, sought out the victim and presented her with it.

Nice gesture. Hope the old fellae in the FF lower was similarly compensated

hibsdaft
23-08-2010, 09:29 PM

from the comments section ...

"Hope it was sore ya Tory unionist prick."

:greengrin

hibsdaft
23-08-2010, 09:31 PM
A few minutes later, Tam McCourt appeared from the tunnel with a brand new Hibs top, sought out the victim and presented her with it

you've introduced a fiscal incentive for netting there now too.

can we really afford to be dishing out tops at £40 a time left right and centre?

IWasThere2016
23-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Move Nishy to practice into the South Stand end .. sorted! :greengrin

LeithBoozy
23-08-2010, 10:12 PM
The reason I mention having safety nets on wheels is so they can easily be removed before KO, not to have them up permmanent. During the game you only have one ball to watch, but before KO as they warm up they are coming in fast and furious. :wink:

3pm
23-08-2010, 11:22 PM
I am sure they have nets at Celtc Park. 2 reasons. 1. Never trust Gary Caldwell in a warm up. 2. The pikey's behind the goals wouldnae pass the ball back - it'd be down the Barra's (??) by 3pm - their equivalent of E-Bay.

At The Edge
24-08-2010, 12:17 AM
this thread = Comedy gold :top marks

Bayern Bru
24-08-2010, 12:25 AM
I seen a guy about 20 years old getting skelped full in the face when he was sitting texting with one habd and one hand on the back of the chair beside him. :hilarious
He tried to pretend it didnt hurt as there were birds with big paps walking about laughing at him:hilarious

Hoi!

Ah'm 22. :cool2::greengrin

Bayern Bru
24-08-2010, 12:26 AM
you've introduced a fiscal incentive for netting there now too.

can we really afford to be dishing out tops at £40 a time left right and centre?

Petrie must have had his back turned...

Number69
24-08-2010, 12:35 AM
At THAT game at McDairmed, Graham Stack belted the ball into a wee lassie, after the warm up he gave her the shirt off his back.......how could she have asked for more :greengrin

Also had a wee chat with Pat Nevin too......his son is a funny lookin bugger!

Mixu62
24-08-2010, 12:56 AM
one of the funniest things I ever saw at a game was at a Forfar v Meadowbank game. Raker of a shot comes flying in from an ex-Arab then with Forfar (might have been Doug Rougvie). Laddie behind the goals ducks just in time for the ball to whistle over his head. Just as laddie raises his head thinking "phew that was a close one" said ball rebounds off the terracing steps and wallops him on the back of the head, causing his face to hit the crush barrier he was leaning on. Shouldn't laugh at anothers misfortune like that but gawd it was funny.:faf:

Putting nets up would deprive a whole generation of such slap-stick comic genius. We've already taken away terracing, flags, air-horns and risque language so what have they got left?

RMG_82
24-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Maybe hibs should announce on the P.A that shooting practice is about to commence so pay attention to any flying balls? Have like an ice hockey horn sound when the lads start their practice.

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2010, 05:55 AM

Couldnae have been Nish, the op said it was the FF lower :bitchy: Now if he had said it was the FF upper, I'd have said Nish :agree:

scotiaf
24-08-2010, 08:04 AM
This is without doubt the most bizzare thread ever

Maybe they should use the soft sponge indoor balls to play with and only let the players wear clown shoes so they cannot get much power in the shots!!

Teo10
24-08-2010, 08:08 AM
(Quite!) A few years ago I had fallen victim to a bloody nose thanks to a Tam McManus shot while standing at the bottom of the Famous 5! As sore as it was, it was pretty funny! I can see where the OP is coming from but these things happen and is just the same as it happening while playing etc. I wouldnt waste time with the nets, for all the people that get hurt the kids love running and trying to get the ball to throw back whenever it goes into the stand, with the nets there they wouldn't have that fun element of waiting to get the ball!

HenryMonk
24-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Shammy , Did you make it home ok lastnight?

HFC 0-7
24-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Its not really a problem for most fans, however, at the back of the goals at the FF there is a disabled section, right in the middle. Think this was bad planning as some of the guys in there cant get their hands up in time. They should have had the disabled section over to one side IMO.

Phil MaGlass
24-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Its a lawsuit waiting to happen, the club could as previously said, put retractable nets up that could be dropped after practice, unless Nish or Rankin are playing then keep them up. Although it does take the wettin masel element out of it when someone gets whacked straight in the coupon. Especially on a cold night carrying hot Bovril, WHOOSH, steam cloud.

Phil MaGlass
24-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Its not really a problem for most fans, however, at the back of the goals at the FF there is a disabled section, right in the middle. Think this was bad planning as some of the guys in there cant get their hands up in time. They should have had the disabled section over to one side IMO.

They have a massive section for the disabled its called the East Stand :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Why not just do away with allowing supporters into football grounds !!

Looks like Hibs have been thinking out of the box on this one - now that the stands been built, the players have a lot less fans to aim at in the F5.

Well done Hibs!

Steve-O
24-08-2010, 11:00 AM
This thread is genius.

How about asking Petrie if the North and South Stands can maybe be put up on stilts so there's less chance of any shots entering the seated areas? We can then have a few ball boys UNDER the stands to collect the stray shots at goal...:agree:

Steve-O
24-08-2010, 11:06 AM

Another cracker from the comments on there...

IF anyone translates the video description you will see that since 1990 Brazil have believed that Murdo McLeod DIED due to this LOL I am laughing my ****in head off.

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2010, 11:07 AM
This thread is genius.

How about asking Petrie if the North and South Stands can maybe be put up on stilts so there's less chance of any shots entering the seated areas? We can then have a few ball boys UNDER the stands to collect the stray shots at goal...:agree:

Providing the stilts used are of the same colour and size for both stands I think it's an excellent idea!

Although the ball boys will have to wear helmets of course :cool2:

The alternative would be that if you got hit by a stray shot, you would then be entitled to through a pie back at the culprit. Obviously a pie paid for by the club!

MSK
24-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Providing the stilts used are of the same colour and size for both stands I think it's an excellent idea!

Although the ball boys will have to wear helmets of course :cool2:

The alternative would be that if you got hit by a stray shot, you would then be entitled to through a pie back at the culprit. Obviously a pie paid for by the club!No way ...total waste o a pie !!! :tsk tsk:

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2010, 11:17 AM
No way ...total waste o a pie !!! :tsk tsk:

Fair enough, I should have thought that one through.

Please accept my apologies for suggesting such wasteage of a pie :bitchy:

MSK
24-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Fair enough, I should have thought that one through.

Please accept my apologies for suggesting such wasteage of a pie :bitchy:Apielogies accepted ...:wink:

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Apielogies accepted ...:wink:

It was a mince idea anyway :rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
24-08-2010, 11:33 AM
i mind at Fir Park a couple of years ago someone got a peach into them and their food went all over the place, IIRC someone came on here and accused the hibs (Fletcher i think) player of meaning to do this :faf:

MSK
24-08-2010, 12:05 PM
i mind at Fir Park a couple of years ago someone got a peach into them and their food went all over the place, IIRC someone came on here and accused the hibs (Fletcher i think) player of meaning to do this :faf:Wasnae me ...:rolleyes:...:greengrin

Number69
24-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Another cracker from the comments on there...

IF anyone translates the video description you will see that since 1990 Brazil have believed that Murdo McLeod DIED due to this LOL I am laughing my ****in head off.

Glad you enjoyed my comment LOL

IWasThere2016
24-08-2010, 12:33 PM
At THAT game at McDairmed, Graham Stack belted the ball into a wee lassie, after the warm up he gave her the shirt off his back.......how could she have asked for more :greengrin

Also had a wee chat with Pat Nevin too......his son is a funny lookin bugger!

:agree:

Wee Cregg lamped some wee lad in the FF at the last Killie game at ER - sure he passed on a training top. Was there no a similar incident at EEP too

M11BMO
24-08-2010, 12:50 PM
I mind a few years back when I was sitting in the FF Matty Jack hit a, (very off target) screamer and it sconed a kid in the face. Looked a very sore one. Big Matty jumped over and ran up to see if he was ok then gave him his training top and his autograph.

Nice touch.

SquashedFrogg
24-08-2010, 03:58 PM
I mind a few years back when I was sitting in the FF Matty Jack hit a, (very off target) screamer and it sconed a kid in the face. Looked a very sore one. Big Matty jumped over and ran up to see if he was ok then gave him his training top and his autograph.

Nice touch.

Something similar happened with Brian Kerr in a game at ER. I'm realiably informed he gave the kid his training top but it went unseen :rolleyes:

DH1875
24-08-2010, 08:44 PM
I got a sore one years ago at Falkirk's old ground. Was boxing day and the teams were kicking balls into the crowd before kick-off. Can't even remember who it was but was standing behind the goal and saw the ball come fizzing towards me. Totally miss judged it and got hit square on the nose. Gutting thing was I didn't even get the ball as someone grabbed it when I was lying on my back seeing stars.

Removed
24-08-2010, 08:53 PM

Just as well the blind section is in the West Lower then.........or mibbe not :devil:

HibsMax
24-08-2010, 09:01 PM
How about warming up with practice balls kinda like practice golf balls? :)

Brizo
25-08-2010, 01:06 PM
I sometimes long for the good old days when it was only darts and bottles you had to look out for. Fitbas getting far too dangerous nowadays.
Safety nets are definately the way forward. THey'd also hopefully stop that other scourge of the modern day game - laddies running away with match balls fired into the FF :grr:
That FF Stand sounds pure radge ,likes.

Maybe dotnet could sponsor the safety nets :greengrin

Mikeystewart
25-08-2010, 02:36 PM
I never see away teams practising the shooting like Hibs so I call for a motion to swap halves for warm up so the players can blooter the ball into the away end. Would be brilliant for Derbys :thumbsup:

MSK
25-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I sometimes long for the good old days when it was only darts and bottles you had to look out for. Fitbas getting far too dangerous nowadays.
Safety nets are definately the way forward. THey'd also hopefully stop that other scourge of the modern day game - laddies running away with match balls fired into the FF :grr:
That FF Stand sounds pure radge ,likes.

Maybe dotnet could sponsor the safety nets :greengrinGood idea ..we could maybe use our hibs.net flag ..im sure wi the size o that it would protect ma pie ....& folks heids ..:greengrin

Andy74
25-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Steve Archibald knocked a pie and bovril clean out my hands back in the day. Character building.

Klaus Aughentaller(sp?) hitting me square in the baws in the meadows wasn't a pretty one though. Those old enough to recall him will know he could skelp a ball.

heretoday
25-08-2010, 03:58 PM
The thing is if they were actually aiming to hit the fans in the stand they'd probably get it in the net every time. Maybe we've struck on something here.....

MSK
25-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Steve Archibald knocked a pie and bovril clean out my hands back in the day. Character building.

Klaus Aughentaller(sp?) hitting me square in the baws in the meadows wasn't a pretty one though. Those old enough to recall him will know he could skelp a ball.That must have been some feat !! 3 square miles o meadows yet he managed tae skud yer baws wi a baw fi Easter rd ...thats what ye call skelping a baw !!! :greengrin

Franck Stanton
25-08-2010, 04:42 PM

Let me get this right, you are saying because there is a SLIM chance that a ball could injure someone during the players warm up steps have to be taken now. Well in that case you will want all the cars/buses/lorries taken off the road in case someone gets run over. Why stop there? After the tragedy that was Lockerbie why not ban all planes from the sky as ther is a SLIM chance of it hasppening again - GET A GRIP MATE - players have been warming up like they do for ever and how many serious accidents have there been ? Yes occassionally a fan does get hit by the ball but that's life, accidents happen even when not at a football game.

hibee_nation
25-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Let me get this right, you are saying because there is a SLIM chance that a ball could injure someone during the players warm up steps have to be taken now. Well in that case you will want all the cars/buses/lorries taken off the road in case someone gets run over. Why stop there? After the tragedy that was Lockerbie why not ban all planes from the sky as ther is a SLIM chance of it hasppening again - GET A GRIP MATE - players have been warming up like they do for ever and how many serious accidents have there been ? Yes occassionally a fan does get hit by the ball but that's life, accidents happen even when not at a football game.

It's a sad fact though that as the standard of player at ER drops the chances of a skelp in the puss increases, worrying times ahead i fear. :greengrin

MSK
25-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Let me get this right, you are saying because there is a SLIM chance that a ball could injure someone during the players warm up steps have to be taken now. Well in that case you will want all the cars/buses/lorries taken off the road in case someone gets run over. Why stop there? After the tragedy that was Lockerbie why not ban all planes from the sky as ther is a SLIM chance of it hasppening again - GET A GRIP MATE - players have been warming up like they do for ever and how many serious accidents have there been ? Yes occassionally a fan does get hit by the ball but that's life, accidents happen even when not at a football game.There is a lot of tongue & cheek in this thread & a bit of banter ...i think you are maybe taking things a bit too serious ..chill out man ..

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Leave things as they are, i like to steal balls that come near me and would hate it if that stopped.

matty_f
25-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Leave things as they are, i like to feel balls that come near me and would hate it if that stopped.

:bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2010, 07:09 PM
:bitchy:

:tee hee:

Hibee87
26-08-2010, 08:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN7sSbOeZy4

Looks like sky sports might invest in nets also :greengrin

MSK
26-08-2010, 08:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN7sSbOeZy4

Looks like sky sports might invest in nets also :greengrin:faf:

Steve-O
26-08-2010, 09:05 AM
:faf: @ that video.

Steve-O
26-08-2010, 09:09 AM
THIS is what can happen to any innocent child at a football match!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ka_DK6nVU

:faf: :faf: :faf:

MSK
26-08-2010, 11:42 AM
THIS is what can happen to any innocent child at a football match!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ka_DK6nVU

:faf: :faf: :faf:The laddies hat was like my pie ...only my pie went about 10 feet higher ..:greengrin

The Silver Fox
12-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Safety nets behind the goals?

With the accuracy of the shots we commonly see at Easter Road I hardly see the point of them, would only come into play once in a while.........I wish.

Phil MaGlass
12-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Im starting to think after yesterdays incident it might be an idea to have nets up before the game for the warm up, to be then taken down for the game.