PDA

View Full Version : Hibs "ultras"?

(((Fergus)))
23-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Now the stage is set, do we have people out there beavering away on banners, flags, displays, fireworks, sound bombs or whatever? While they may not be able to spell or use a bar of soap, Celtic's "Green Brigade" are by all accounts having an effect on their team:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8935170.stm?

I bet they're also having more fun at the football, especially when they hear their efforts being acknowledged and see the points going on the board.

Are we doing similar or are we playing it cool?

MacBean
23-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Now the stage is set, do we have people out there beavering away on banners, flags, displays, fireworks, sound bombs or whatever? While they may not be able to spell or use a bar of soap, Celtic's "Green Brigade" are by all accounts having an effect on their team:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8935170.stm?

I bet they're also having more fun at the football, especially when they hear their efforts being acknowledged and see the points going on the board.

Are we doing similar or are we playing it cool?

the Hibs12thman has been underway for months. there is a singing section in the east stand.

I'm pretty sure someone will be close behind me with more info...
gogs... jack... et al

Hibs12thMan
23-08-2010, 04:31 PM
the Hibs12thman has been underway for months. there is a singing section in the east stand.

I'm pretty sure someone will be close behind me with more info...

Thanks Paul

As we say - action speaks louder than words. We are not Ultras, just ordinary Hibbies working to improve the atmosphere in the whole stadium. Some supporters may have noticed:-

The pre-match music was better (apart from an absence of Hibs songs)
There were a lot more songs sung on Sunday and louder and for longer
There were a few more flags - some chequered, some the Nigerian flags wi 2 green sections either side of a white (only 4squid!)
The Bounce Flag made an appearance and the .Net flag just missed out at the last minute
A few number 12 shirts around the ground
Some brave souls actually managed a few songs when we were getting cuffed - :thumbsup:

But - no announcements or anything flash just yet. Real improvements take time - if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

It's the Hibs Way :agree:

Lmc2105
23-08-2010, 04:59 PM
ino some of the lads that are on Green Brigade and ano they are finding this interesting as they said it's good to see a club trying to make a atmosphere at there stadium we have our own little page on the forum so people are noticing what we are trying to achieve :thumbsup: