PDA

View Full Version : Standing

Hermit Crab
23-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I have my ST in the West Upper back row and for the first time in my years of going to ER me and my mate were told to sit down by a steward who said we couldnt stand up just incase anybody else wanted to and thought it would be ok. We stood for years in the old East and then moved to the West Upper last year and stood in the back row there. I couldnt belive my ears when we were told to sit down yesterday and whats worse the knobber supervisor threatened us with ejection if we didnt sit down. £450 for a ST to be told you might be ejected. I know its an all seated stadium bla bla bla but surely its a bit ott to tell off the home fans for standing in the back row with nobody behind you, especially when most of the Huns in the Dunbar end were standing. So needless to say im a wee bit peeved about it today:grr: :grr: :grr:

Any thoughts folks?

(((Fergus)))
23-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Like your namesake, you have to adapt to your accommodation

Antifa Hibs
23-08-2010, 11:20 AM
They tried that in the East, but fair play to the standers, they never sat and the stewards soon gave up.

The 'no standing' rule in Scotland is getting more ridiculous by the season. Something needs to be done pronto. All it needs is common sense. But then again Scottish fitba and common sense :hahaha:

When fans are getting pissed off by poor performances, high prices, kick off times (TV games etc) giving them another excuse to give up fitba is unbeliveable!

No doubt some people on here will defend the actions of the stewards. Its an all seater stadium, its for your own safety etc :blah:

Give Hibs a quick email board@hibernianfc.co.uk
The more emails they get the more likely they are to use a bit common sense and back off...

marinello59
23-08-2010, 11:26 AM
They tried that in the East, but fair play to the standers, they never sat and the stewards soon gave up.

The 'no standing' rule in Scotland is getting more ridiculous by the season. Something needs to be done pronto. All it needs is common sense. But then again Scottish fitba and common sense :hahaha:

When fans are getting pissed off by poor performances, high prices, kick off times (TV games etc) giving them another excuse to give up fitba is unbeliveable!

No doubt some people on here will defend the actions of the stewards. Its an all seater stadium, its for your own safety etc :blah:

The more emails they get the more likely they are to use a bit common sense and back off...

There wasn't that many standing at all yesterday in the East from what I saw. It may well be that it appeared more if you were amongst them. Could it be that the majority in there actually preferred to sit and enjoy a decent view of the pitch. :confused:

Antifa Hibs
23-08-2010, 11:30 AM
There wasn't that many standing at all yesterday in the East from what I saw. It may well be that it appeared more if you were amongst them. Could it be that the majority in there actually preferred to sit and enjoy a decent view of the pitch. :confused:

Probably. Your point being what?

bighairyfaeleith
23-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Quite a big section standing near me, the standers will find there area and they will all congregate together, the sitters will also learn to avoid this area. Take a few games but it will happen.

The boy in front of me stood for most of the game, I could still the whole game sitting down without any issue.

marinello59
23-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Probably. Your point being what?

Just an observation. Peoples behaviour at games has changed whether we like it or not.

Skol
23-08-2010, 11:51 AM
I find this gettiing humpty at standing all very odd. People pay for a seat and take offence when asked to sit down.

Yes I know we used to stand and lots of people prefer it, but the game and stadiums have changed from what many of us used to know - people need to accept that and move on.

If you get away with standing and are in the back row, fair play. if asked to sit, then sit or you risk being ejected. Whats better ,argue the toss and get chucked out and miss the game or sit down and get to stay.

If you are anywhere other than the back row and stand, you are spoiling the view for others and thats poor form in my view.

marinello59
23-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Quite a big section standing near me, the standers will find there area and they will all congregate together, the sitters will also learn to avoid this area. Take a few games but it will happen.

The boy in front of me stood for most of the game, I could still the whole game sitting down without any issue.

:agree:

Hermit Crab
23-08-2010, 12:04 PM

I will fire off an email but im not holding my breath for a response and if i do get one it will be along the lines of you must remain seated for your own safety. Absolute pash! Germany is a prime example of how to use standing safely.

bawheid
23-08-2010, 12:06 PM
I have my ST in the West Upper back row and for the first time in my years of going to ER me and my mate were told to sit down by a steward who said we couldnt stand up just incase anybody else wanted to and thought it would be ok. We stood for years in the old East and then moved to the West Upper last year and stood in the back row there. I couldnt belive my ears when we were told to sit down yesterday and whats worse the knobber supervisor threatened us with ejection if we didnt sit down. £450 for a ST to be told you might be ejected. I know its an all seated stadium bla bla bla but surely its a bit ott to tell off the home fans for standing in the back row with nobody behind you, especially when most of the Huns in the Dunbar end were standing. So needless to say im a wee bit peeved about it today:grr: :grr: :grr:

Any thoughts folks?

Same thing happened at the Maribor game. Me and my Dad were in the back row of the south and during the 1st fifteen minutes were out our seats quite a bit. Not constantly standing, just reacting to the game and the chances Hibs were creating.

Some jobsworth moron climbed all the way to the back of the stand to tell us to sit down. We were in the middle of explaining that not only was there no one behind us, but that all we were doing was getting involved in the game, when Maribor scored the opener.

I had read the threads on here about the heavy-handed stewarding of Hibs fans in the south stand before, but always took them with a bit of a pinch of salt. I couldn't believe the attitude of the stewards towards paying customers though. This wasn't a polite "could you sit down please sir", this was threatening a Hibs fan of 60-odd years "service" with immediate ejection if he didn't sit down. Despite the fact we were only standing when Hibs were attacking.

Hibs need to have a word with these muppets.

Gettin' Auld
23-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Like your namesake, you have to adapt to your accommodation
:faf:

Sir David Gray
23-08-2010, 12:13 PM
My brother and his mate were in the East yesterday where most of the people nearby were also standing and a steward came over and told them to hand over their season tickets because he was going to send in a report to Hibs about them standing. Both of them, wisely, refused to give him any season tickets and he said that if they continued to stand, he would get the Police involved.

Needless to say, they are still waiting for a Police officer to come over and deal with them...

There was no-one behind them who was complaining about not being able to see because the two of them are not the type to be ignorant of requests like that and if another fan had asked them to sit, they would have done so. As it happens, most of the people around them were sticking up for them and telling the steward where to go.

Apparently he took their seat numbers and he told the pair of them that he would be reporting their seat numbers to Hibs.

I wouldn't mind as much if they had treated the Rangers fans in the same manner but there was thousands of them standing throughout yesterday's match without any hassle from Police or stewards.

Yet again, it's one rule for the Old Firm and another rule for everyone else.

Hibbyradge
23-08-2010, 12:14 PM
I paid a fortune for my car.

I also pay road tax and when it's over 3 years old, I'll pay for an annual MOT.

I also pay hundreds of pounds a year for fuel, much of which goes to the Treasury.

Why can't I drive on the right, if I want to?

It's ridiculous.

They're allowed to drive on the left in France and Germany and loads of other places apart from Malta and there's never any trouble.

No doubt some people on here will defend the actions of the Police and Traffic controllers. Its a public road, its for your own safety etc :blah:

And don't get me started about One way streets. :bitchy:

bawheid
23-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I paid a fortune for my car.

Why can't I drive on the right, if I want to?

It's ridiculous.

It's against the law.

Having been confronted by the moron steward at the Maribor game I checked the small print on my ticket. There was nothing about having to remain seated at all times.

Are we allowed to stand up when Hibs score? How about if I want to go for a pie? Seriously, that's how sensible the stewards were being during my incident.

cwilliamson85
23-08-2010, 12:20 PM
If the stewards are going to tell home fans to sit they must do it to awy fans also.

It is never going to happen. Fans will always stand at football. Look at the Kop @ Liverpool. They brought in rules telling fans to sit at games for safety and done annoucements during the game and what di the fans do. A standing protest.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2010, 12:22 PM

Any thoughts folks?

Yes, sit down or get ejected FFS what is it with people like you who can't accept that you are are not permitted to stand. £450 is for a seat so use it. :grr:

hibee_girl
23-08-2010, 12:31 PM
My brother and his mate were in the East yesterday where most of the people nearby were also standing and a steward came over and told them to hand over their season tickets because he was going to send in a report to Hibs about them standing. Both of them, wisely, refused to give him any season tickets and he said that if they continued to stand, he would get the Police involved.

Needless to say, they are still waiting for a Police officer to come over and deal with them...

There was no-one behind them who was complaining about not being able to see because the two of them are not the type to be ignorant of requests like that and if another fan had asked them to sit, they would have done so. As it happens, most of the people around them were sticking up for them and telling the steward where to go.

Apparently he took their seat numbers and he told the pair of them that he would be reporting their seat numbers to Hibs.

I wouldn't mind as much if they had treated the Rangers fans in the same manner but there was thousands of them standing throughout yesterday's match without any hassle from Police or stewards.

It was the same when we had to share the South with them last season, we got moaned at all game to sit down but nothing was said to the Rangers fans.

Hermit Crab
23-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Yes, sit down or get ejected FFS what is it with people like you who can't accept that you are are not permitted to stand. £450 is for a seat so use it. :grr:

People like me?? You dont even know me. There are many others like me who share the same opinion on this issue who are maybe not so forgiving with a comment like that. No need. :bitchy:

Hibbyradge
23-08-2010, 12:43 PM

I think most Hibbies stand when we're at Ibrox.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I will fire off an email but im not holding my breath for a response and if i do get one it will be along the lines of you must remain seated for your own safety. Absolute pash! Germany is a prime example of how to use standing safely.

The German stadiums are very much designed for standing though. Seats bolted back, full length crush barriers etc etc.

I agree with the principle that standing at football is what a lot of fans want to do. It would be great if a club had the guts to put in a standing secction with the required safety precautions in place. UEFA requires seating for their competitions so the German model of seat which can be unbolted for European games is proably the way to go.

Undoubtedly Hillsborough and Heysel and so on will be brought up by those against the idea of bringing back standing. As tragic as those incidents were i think most people are now in agreement that it wasn't standing which caused these incidents rather stadiums unfit for purpose and poor crowd control. A modern terraced area with adequate crush barriers and strict limits on numbers would be a great idea IMO.

MSK
23-08-2010, 12:46 PM
People like me?? You dont even know me. There are many others like me who share the same opinion on this issue who are maybe not so forgiving with a comment like that. No need. :bitchy:Doesnt he have a valid point though ..?

Hermit Crab
23-08-2010, 12:49 PM
The German stadiums are very much designed for standing though. Seats bolted back, full length crush barriers etc etc.

I agree with the principle that standing at football is what a lot of fans want to do. It would be great if a club had the guts to put in a standing secction with the required safety precautions in place. UEFA requires seating for their competitions so the German model of seat which can be unbolted for European games is proably the way to go.

Undoubtedly Hillsborough and Heysel and so on will be brought up by those against the idea of bringing back standing. As tragic as those incidents were i think most people are now in agreement that it wasn't standing which caused these incidents rather stadiums unfit for purpose and poor crowd control. A modern terraced area with adequate crush barriers and strict limits on numbers would be a great idea IMO.

Absolutely :agree: 100%

Skanko79
23-08-2010, 12:49 PM
scotland needs to take a leaf out the german fa's book. every ground in the bundesliga accomodates for folk that want to stand.

Hermit Crab
23-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Doesnt he have a valid point though ..?

Maybe :greengrin

Brooster
23-08-2010, 12:50 PM
I find this very strange, why can folk not just sit down? Attention seekers.

callumstewart
23-08-2010, 01:02 PM
i sit in the back row of the east and they asked me to sit i replyd whos view am i blocking :grr:

Hibbyradge
23-08-2010, 01:03 PM
A modern terraced area with adequate crush barriers and strict limits on numbers would be a great idea IMO.

I agree.

However, the UK government has stipulated that no standing accommodation is to be allowed.

As this is undeniably the case, it's only right that clubs do what they can to ensure the safety of their customers in an all seated environment.

There is an argument that standing in an all seater stadium is intrinsically more dangerous than standing on the old, open terraces was.

There is also the rights of those who want to sit comfortably, without having their view obscured or having someone on either side of them, or behind, towering above them.

When "Stop Making Sense" was released, I went to see it a couple of times.

The first time, almost everyone instinctively stood up as the gig unfolded. It was fantastic.

The second time, for whatever reason, the atmosphere was different and standing just didn't seem to be an attractive option apart from the 2 wasted guys in front of me.

Asking them to sit resulted in the inevitable tirade of abuse and eventually, I was forced to stand too. That's not right.

I also got booted out of a gig for lamping a guy who pushed in front of me at a David Byrne gig ensuring that I couldn't see (anyone see a pattern here?:wink:)

No-one ever gets punched for sitting.

Just a thought.

Scouse Hibee
People like me?? You dont even know me. There are many others like me who share the same opinion on this issue who are maybe not so forgiving with a comment like that. No need. :bitchy:

I don't need to know you personally, as you have already told me that you are a person who objects to being told to sit down in the seat you have paid for and been provided with. Agreed my initial post might have sounded a tad agressive which certainly wasn't my intention.:greengrin

Hibbyradge
scotland needs to take a leaf out the german fa's book. every ground in the bundesliga accomodates for folk that want to stand.

It's nothing to do with the SFA.

It's a government decision.

Antifa Hibs
23-08-2010, 01:08 PM
I agree.

However, the UK government has stipulated that no standing accommodation is to be allowed.

As this is undeniably the case, it's only right that clubs do what they can to ensure the safety of their customers in an all seated environment.

There is an argument that standing in an all seater stadium is intrinsically more dangerous than standing on the old, open terraces was.

There is also the rights of those who want to sit comfortably, without having their view obscured or having someone on either side of them towering above them.

The first time, almost everyone instinctively stood up as the gig unfolded. It was fantastic.

The second time, for whatever reason, the atmosphere was different and standing just didn't seem to be an attractive option apart from 2 wasted guys in front of me.

Asking them to sit resulted in the inevitable tirade of abuse and eventually, I was forced to stand too. That's not right.

I also got booted out of a gig for lamping a guy who pushed in front of me at a David Byrne gig (anyone see a pattern here?:wink:)

Just a thought.

If its one or two tits who are standing then they should sit. We're not talking about that though, we're talking about a group of people standing, where they have stood on that side of the ground for years. Anyone with half a brain wouldn't buy a ticket if they wanted to sit where they knew standing would take place.

It's all about common sense. If a group of fans are standing up the back of a stand where they are not causing any bother then they should be left alone IMO. If its maybe 5 fans standing on Row C where everyone is sitting then they should sit or be removed. It's all about common sense here. At Easter Road there is plenty space to accommodate everyone. It is sheer madness to alienate one type of supporter, there is plenty space for sitters and standers alike.

Hal Jordan
23-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I mentioned this a while ago, but the bottom 4 rows of the new East are all built into the ground, and so this could easily be converted to a small standing area right along the front of the stand, following the German model.....not sure about the view there though....
I also recall that the Taylor Report is not actually enforceable in Scotland, but the SFA went along with it voluntarily in order to hamstring all the smaller clubs from being able to mount a challenge to the Infirm for the last 20 years, as we're all too busy paying for our stadia.....

Ritchie
23-08-2010, 01:11 PM
you see groups of supporters standing all over the country.

if everybody stands, like they did in the old east, the stewards wont be able to do much about it.

therefore i think we should all have a stand off at the next home game! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Why is there one rule for us, and one for the old firm and Hearts? If the authorities are so keen to stop fans standing, do it to the opposition fans too. Until such times as they treat us the same as them, there will always be confrontation.

Hibbyradge
23-08-2010, 01:22 PM
If its one or two tits who are standing then they should sit. We're not talking about that though, we're talking about a group of people standing, where they have stood on that side of the ground for years. Anyone with half a brain wouldn't buy a ticket if they wanted to sit where they knew standing would take place.

It's all about common sense. If a group of fans are standing up the back of a stand where they are not causing any bother then they should be left alone IMO. If its maybe 5 fans standing on Row C where everyone is sitting then they should sit or be removed. It's all about common sense here. At Easter Road there is plenty space to accommodate everyone. It is sheer madness to alienate one type of supporter, there is plenty space for sitters and standers alike.

I agree with most of that.

Unfortunately, Hibs, or any other SPL club, are not at liberty to decide what is common sense and what isn't.

If they condoned standing, even by turning a blind eye in "common sense situations", and someone got injured, can you imagine the field day that Injury Lawyers 4 You etc would have.

Change the law. Then stand.

Hibbyradge
23-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Why is there one rule for us, and one for the old firm and Hearts? If the authorities are so keen to stop fans standing, do it to the opposition fans too. Until such times as they treat us the same as them, there will always be confrontation.

We stand at Ibrox.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I agree with most of that.

Unfortunately, Hibs, or any other SPL club, are not at liberty to decide what is common sense and what isn't.

If they condoned standing, even by turning a blind eye in "common sense situations", and someone got injured, can you imagine the field day that Injury Lawyers 4 You etc would have.

Change the law. Then stand.

The conveniently appear to turn a blind eye each time the old firm or hearts, even aberdeen come calling?:confused:

The Tubs
23-08-2010, 01:34 PM
I agree.

There is also the rights of those who want to sit comfortably, without having their view obscured or having someone on either side of them, or behind, towering above them.

The second time, for whatever reason, the atmosphere was different and standing just didn't seem to be an attractive option apart from the 2 wasted guys in front of me.

I also got booted out of a gig for lamping a guy who pushed in front of me at a David Byrne gig ensuring that I couldn't see (anyone see a pattern here?:wink:)

Just a thought.

It's a bit silly to punch a guy for standing in front, even if the way he got there was rather impolite.

As for laws, change has to be created. Did Rosa Parks wait until she was allowed to sit wherever she wanted? People who want to stand grouping together is the right way in my opinion - contributing to a potential tipping point. Choose your battles but win the war!

Hibbyradge
23-08-2010, 01:49 PM
The conveniently appear to turn a blind eye each time the old firm or hearts, even aberdeen come calling?:confused:

I'm certain that Hibs don't turn a blind eye.

Instructions to the stewards will be the same for all parts of the stadium. And I'd bet they're written into the contract.

It's up to the Police and Rock Steady to enforce them.

Trying to get 4000 pissed up Huns to sit down must be a lot easier to say than to do.

I'm sure if someone can work out a practical way to enforce the rules without causing a riot, I'm sure the police would be pleased to hear from you.

Home fans are easier to control because they have our names and addresses.

When we go to Ibrox, we stand too. My erse certainly didn't touch my seat during either of the 3 - 0 wins. :wink:

jgl07
23-08-2010, 01:51 PM
It's nothing to do with the SFA.

It's a government decision.
Exactly it only applies to Top League stadia.

If you a sad enough to insist on standing there plenty of SFL grounds where you can stand on crumbling terraces behind rusting crash barriers and p*ss against a bitumen painted block wall.

Beefster
23-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I mentioned this a while ago, but the bottom 4 rows of the new East are all built into the ground, and so this could easily be converted to a small standing area right along the front of the stand, following the German model.....not sure about the view there though....
I also recall that the Taylor Report is not actually enforceable in Scotland, but the SFA went along with it voluntarily in order to hamstring all the smaller clubs from being able to mount a challenge to the Infirm for the last 20 years, as we're all too busy paying for our stadia.....

The rest of your post is right but the bit in bold is just silly.

The SFA made everyone have seats in their existing stadiums to stop any challenge to the OF? Just like the US government was responsible for 9/11 and the Royals murdered Diana.

You do realise that the SFA didn't tell anyone to build a new stadium, right?

Hibercelona
23-08-2010, 02:35 PM
People should still be aloud to stand in the East.

Its the seats that kill the atmosphere and the other stands are proof of this.

If people start getting told to sit down in the East, there will be no atmosphere what so ever

bubblesmorrison
23-08-2010, 02:35 PM
i like the idea of the standing protest :greengrin

btw we are not sitting down we are not sitting dooooooown your wasting your time we are not sitting down :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
23-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Exactly it only applies to Top League stadia.

If you a sad enough to insist on standing there plenty of SFL grounds where you can stand on crumbling terraces behind rusting crash barriers and p*ss against a bitumen painted block wall.

Nobody is suggesting they want to go back to the days of pi55 poor facilites and fans being treated like cattle.

However the fact that the law prevents a well regulated, modern standing area within football grounds is, IMO, ludicrous. If the area was designated for standing with adequate crush barriers and proper crowd control it would not affect those who wished to sit at a game, it would not be dangerous and it would allow those who wanted to stand to do so without annoying those around them or incurring the wrath of stewards and/or Police. We're not talking the whole stadium here, one stand or even one tier of a stand for standing is merely common sense IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2010, 03:36 PM
People should still be aloud to stand in the East.

Its the seats that kill the atmosphere and the other stands are proof of this.

If people start getting told to sit down in the East, there will be no atmosphere what so ever

:greengrin:greengrin

So the new East should be for people to stand, great in principle, shame it is against the law.......

The seats do not kill the atmosphere..... As far as I can gather, you can still sing/shout/clap whilst seated, but I have not researched this point as yet..........

bawheid
23-08-2010, 03:38 PM
So the new East should be for people to stand, great in principle, shame it is against the law.......

Which law is it against?

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Which law is it against?

Sure that there must be some law in place, this is why the all seated stadia were introduced.........

Pretty Boy
23-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Sure that there must be some law in place, this is why the all seated stadia were introduced.........

As someone has said previosuly all seater stadia stem from the Taylor Report after Hillsborough. This is not legally enforceable in Scotland although the SPL and SFA have voluntarily agreed to it for top flight clubs.

bighairyfaeleith
23-08-2010, 03:50 PM
oh we're not gonna sit down, oh we're not gonna sit down, not gonna sit down, oh we're not gonna sit down, not gonna sit down:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
23-08-2010, 03:56 PM
:greengrin:greengrin

The seats do not kill the atmosphere..... As far as I can gather, you can still sing/shout/clap whilst seated, but I have not researched this point as yet..........

How are you supposed to blare out a chant while you're on yer erse? :dunno:

People get far too comfortable in their seats IMO. Thats why you never hear a peep from the West or the FF. The atmosphere in those stands is horrendous.

I fear the East is going to become just like the west. If that happens, Easter Road will be the quietest place on Earth.

bawheid
23-08-2010, 03:57 PM

The law (The Football Spectators Act 1989) which stemmed from the Taylor Report, required that suitable stadia be introduced. The law did not specify that stadia should be all-seated. What it said was that the Secretary of State should provide local authorities with guidance as to whether seating should be required.

The Football Spectators Act does not specifically cover the issue of standing in seating areas. Therefore it's hard to see how you can argue it is against the law.

I suppose the police could argue you are breaching the peace by continuing to stand when asked to sit.

Skol
23-08-2010, 04:11 PM
This is such a petty argument, things are black and white at present, standing in top flight games is not allowed. If Hibs did allow it, we would be breaking ranks and creating a precedent, risking whatever outcomes may be enforced

At present Hibs are not allowed to have a standing area and thats that. If standing were allowed, but Hibs (or Scotland) didnt, then there is a debate to be had.

If Hibs dont enforce the no standing rule (or do their best to) then they risk punishment/sanctions, especially if there is any hint of trouble.

If the debate was about alcohol, there are greater grounds for debate, it is served in english grounds, but not allowed in Scotland.

FWIW I dont want a return to the bad old days of standing and drinking at games, its a recipe for disaster

MSK
23-08-2010, 04:12 PM
How are you supposed to blare out a chant while you're on yer erse? :dunno:

How no ..?..try it !!! jeezo ..ye cannae sit & sing ...:faf:

Great atmosphere down in Blackpool ..plenty singing from the hibbies that chose to sit ...along with the hibbies that chose to stand ...:greengrin

RIP
23-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I was in the Singing Section. Most wore the colours and actively supported the Hibees. Most of the rows from Z back stood for the first half at least

There was no problem from any Stewards as long as we were singing

They only asked us to sit down when we were silent

So the answer is..............................that's right..................

Keep on singing!

Incidentally there was a whole group sat there in row DD (I think) wi no colours on and they trooped out after the Huns 2nd goal

Maybe journalists??:greengrin

MSK
23-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I was in the Singing Section. Most wore the colours and actively supported the Hibees. Most of the rows from Z back stood for the first half at least

Keep on singing!

Cannae really argue wi that....:greengrin

Pretty Boy
23-08-2010, 04:22 PM
This is such a petty argument, things are black and white at present, standing in top flight games is not allowed. If Hibs did allow it, we would be breaking ranks and creating a precedent, risking whatever outcomes may be enforced

At present Hibs are not allowed to have a standing area and thats that. If standing were allowed, but Hibs (or Scotland) didnt, then there is a debate to be had.

If Hibs dont enforce the no standing rule (or do their best to) then they risk punishment/sanctions, especially if there is any hint of trouble.

If the debate was about alcohol, there are greater grounds for debate, it is served in english grounds, but not allowed in Scotland.

FWIW I dont want a return to the bad old days of standing and drinking at games, its a recipe for disaster

I think there is a debate to be had. I'm not suggesting Hibs should turn a blind eye or allow standing if indeed it is against the law(which i don't believe it is) and i'm certainly not advocating taking the law into your own hands and organising 'stand ins' or whatever.

However football has moved on from the 'cages' of the 80s. There is absolutely no good reason why standing could not be incorporated into modern football stadiums with proper crowd control and crush barriers. As i've said previously i'm not supportive of a return to the 80s/early 90s wih tragedies like Hillsborough, running battles on terrace and folk pissing against walls. However the fact that the door is so firmly closed on even having a debate on the subject is pretty sad IMO. There is clearly a reasonable ammount of supporters who wish to stand at football and the least we should e doing is allowing them to present heir case. As i and others have said earlier it has worked perfectly well, and safely, in Germany for a numer of years with structure in place to convert to all seater for European games as required. Why is this possible in Germany but not Scotland? Why is the opportunity of debate so unlikely?

Hibercelona
23-08-2010, 04:24 PM
How no ..?..try it !!! jeezo ..ye cannae sit & sing ...:faf:

Great atmosphere down in Blackpool ..plenty singing from the hibbies that chose to sit ...along with the hibbies that chose to stand ...:greengrin

Ack.... you know what I mean. :wink:

Yes, singing while sitting down is technically possible. But how many people at ER sing while seated? When theres a chant or song going on, majority of people stand up.

If standing gets completely ruled out, you'll be looking at the atmosphere of a cricket match! :sick:

Skol
23-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah, but thats a whole different debate to be had with the relevant authorities to change their thinking on standing. Until that happens, there is no debate to be had about standing at games in all seater stadiums.

I think there is a debate to be had. I'm not suggesting Hibs should turn a blind eye or allow standing if indeed it is against the law(which i don't believe it is) and i'm certainly not advocating taking the law into your own hands and organising 'stand ins' or whatever.

However football has moved on from the 'cages' of the 80s. There is absolutely no good reason why standing could not be incorporated into modern football stadiums with proper crowd control and crush barriers. As i've said previously i'm not supportive of a return to the 80s/early 90s wih tragedies like Hillsborough, running battles on terrace and folk pissing against walls. However the fact that the door is so firmly closed on even having a debate on the subject is pretty sad IMO. There is clearly a reasonable ammount of supporters who wish to stand at football and the least we should e doing is allowing them to present heir case. As i and others have said earlier it has worked perfectly well, and safely, in Germany for a numer of years with structure in place to convert to all seater for European games as required. Why is this possible in Germany but not Scotland? Why is the opportunity of debate so unlikely?

Owain_1987
23-08-2010, 04:28 PM
I can tell you now I will stand in the new east I don't go to football sit on my ass that is what the cinema is for :greengrin If i wanted sit I would watch football at home.

I also would like to point out people stand in a seated stand at Cardiff so why not Easter Road!?!

MSK
23-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Ack.... you know what I mean. :wink:

Yes, singing while sitting down is technically possible. But how many people at ER sing while seated? When theres a chant or song going on, majority of people stand up.

If standing gets completely ruled out, you'll be looking at the atmosphere of a cricket match! :sick:Of course I know what you mean...look ..ive stood for years on the East terracing like many others on here & have had many a great time until that big bad man said we have to be seated. i hate sitting too although at times its a blessing wi a dodgy knee & a dodgy back ..:wink:

Gie me a choice & i would prob want to stand but we have to put things into perspective here ...the club stipulate you be seated, the Stewards tell you to be seated...they aint doing it for the sake o it they are doing it because its legislation & if folk think clubs will soften their approach then im afraid they are pissing against the wind...i would love things to change but im afraid it just wont happen....not now ..not for a long time ..

Pretty Boy
23-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah, but thats a whole different debate to be had with the relevant authorities to change their thinking on standing. Until that happens, there is no debate to be had about standing at games in all seater stadiums.

Of course your right and if someone tells you to sit on your erse in an all seater stadium they are 100% in the right.

However the only way to get the authorities to change their thinking on allowing standing is by fans groups making their voices heard, an internet forum seems as good a place as any to guage opinion and see how much support their is for change.

As an aside it is worth noting that the Taylor Report pointed out that standing was not intrinsically unsafe but the government made a decision to apply a 'no standing' rule anyway. The Report made far more mention of inadequate turnstiles and fences, ticketing systems and pricing, alcohol use and crush barriers unfit for purpose.

MSK
23-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I can tell you now I will stand in the new east I don't go to football sit on my ass that is what the cinema is for :greengrin If i wanted sit I would watch football at home.

I also would like to point out people stand in a seated stand at Cardiff so why not Easter Road!?!Ok ..so you are gonna stand ...what will you do if you are blocking someones view (providing you aint on the back row) & the person you are blocking asks you to sit down..?

Dinnae bring Cardiff into it ..each tae their own & aw that ..:wink:

Ryan91
23-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Out of sheer interest can anyone tell me what exactly the singing section entails, as far as I am aware it is where supporters who are like minded can stand and sing their hearts out without being troubled by Stewards, I tried to explain this to a steward on Sunday and I told her I wasn't blocking anyone's view and that the signing section was created so that there could be a place for us all to stand and sing, 3 other lads sitting beside me agreed with my assessment of the situation.

RosComain
23-08-2010, 06:09 PM
(providing you aint on the back row)

I was in the back row of the east yesterday at the top of the stairs inbetwen sections. loads of people standing, which wasn't causing any problems till the steward came up to tell everyone to sit. i can't understand why she was so bothered by it, she was shouting at the big group of guys standing in the singing section to sit and when they ignored her she came up up to the back row telling us all to sit. when asked why it was a problem as we were in the back row she said one of us could fall down the steps. i understand stewards have a job to do and instructions to follow but the way she was getting aggro with folk over it was far more of a breach of the peace than a few guys standing was imho. give some people a high vis jacket and some authority and it goes to their heads i suppose. pretty sad when you can't decide for yourself whether there's a risk of falling down some stairs but as another poster has already said, compensation culture has removed the right to take responsibility for your own actions as organisations are scared of being sued. loved the stand up if you hate the hearts chant when she first tried to get everyone to sit:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
23-08-2010, 06:10 PM
I think standing is OK if you have crush barriers in place. To stand up without these is lunacy, as all it takes is one person to trip and you get a domino effect.

I think one of the ways the game has changed is that people have forgotten how dangerous the terraces were in their hey day. Bolton, Ibrox, Heysel, Hillsborough and no doubt countless lesser tragedies.

I can't believe the OP is whingeing about being told to play by the club's rules. Fair enough if they had sold the ticket and then changed what is allowed, but otherwise he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

MSK
23-08-2010, 06:23 PM
(providing you aint on the back row)

I was in the back row of the east yesterday at the top of the stairs inbetwen sections. loads of people standing, which wasn't causing any problems till the steward came up to tell everyone to sit. i can't understand why she was so bothered by it, she was shouting at the big group of guys standing in the singing section to sit and when they ignored her she came up up to the back row telling us all to sit. when asked why it was a problem as we were in the back row she said one of us could fall down the steps. i understand stewards have a job to do and instructions to follow but the way she was getting aggro with folk over it was far more of a breach of the peace than a few guys standing was imho. give some people a high vis jacket and some authority and it goes to their heads i suppose. pretty sad when you can't decide for yourself whether there's a risk of falling down some stairs but as another poster has already said, compensation culture has removed the right to take responsibility for your own actions as organisations are scared of being sued. loved the stand up if you hate the hearts chant when she first tried to get everyone to sit:greengrinThe lassie has a duty & a responsibility for yours & others safety..hi vis jaicket means naff all ..she was carrying out a duty to order..its her job ...if you fell or someone bumped you a few rows down the East im quite sure you will have wished you had listened to the burd in the hi vis jaicket ..:wink:

I think standing is OK if you have crush barriers in place. To stand up without these is lunacy, as all it takes is one person to trip and you get a domino effect.

I think one of the ways the game has changed is that people have forgotten how dangerous the terraces were in their hey day. Bolton, Ibrox, Heysel, Hillsborough and no doubt countless lesser tragedies.

I can't believe the OP is whingeing about being told to play by the club's rules. Fair enough if they had sold the ticket and then changed what is allowed, but otherwise he doesn't have a leg to stand on.:greengrin

RosComain
23-08-2010, 06:29 PM
The lassie has a duty & a responsibility for yours & others safety..hi vis jaicket means naff all ..she was carrying out a duty to order..its her job ...if you fell or someone bumped you a few rows down the East im quite sure you will have wished you had listened to the burd in the hi vis jaicket ..:wink:

:greengrin

easy tiger, as it goes i was quite happy to sit it was a guy 2 along from me that was refusing to. if i fell down the steps i'd have no-one to blame but myself. this stewards attitude was pretty bad and deserving of criticism. for an admin your posts are often quite patronising aren't they?

MSK
23-08-2010, 06:38 PM
easy tiger, as it goes i was quite happy to sit it was a guy 2 along from me that was refusing to. if i fell down the steps i'd have no-one to blame but myself. this stewards attitude was pretty bad and deserving of criticism. for an admin your posts are often quite patronising aren't they?Patronising ?..point it out please ..im an Admin & im a hibbie & im expressing my views like other hibbies on here..where is the problem as you seem to be the only person with one ..

RosComain
23-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Patronising ?..point it out please ..im an Admin & im a hibbie & im expressing my views like other hibbies on here..where is the problem as you seem to be the only person with one ..

quite confrontational too.

Hal Jordan
23-08-2010, 07:05 PM
The rest of your post is right but the bit in bold is just silly.

The SFA made everyone have seats in their existing stadiums to stop any challenge to the OF? Just like the US government was responsible for 9/11 and the Royals murdered Diana.

You do realise that the SFA didn't tell anyone to build a new stadium, right?

Mibby not, but the SPL wouldn't let you play with their ball UNLESS you had a 10,000 capacity all-seated stadium. Which a fair few of the lower Premier and upper 1st division clubs didn't have either. Ask Falkirk (or Airdrieonians) about that...

MSK
23-08-2010, 07:06 PM
quite confrontational too.Confrontational because i questioned your post accusing of me being patronising ?...you dont know me, you know absolutley nothing about me but you accuse me on a public forum of being patronising & confrontational ..?

I speak my mind on these forums ..i always have & i always will as a hibs fan & if you feel so precious & cant handle that then tough ...go somewhere else..

Now i hope that wasnt too patronising or confrontational for you ..

Jeez..we dinnae half get them !!

Sir David Gray
23-08-2010, 07:10 PM
As far as I'm concerned, I think the only reason why someone should be told to sit down is if someone behind them doesn't want to/can't stand up and asks that person to sit down. If they're going to be ignorant and refuse to sit down then that is when the stewards should be brought in. If no-one else in the area is bothered by people standing up then I fail to see what the problem is.

I really hate the idea of stewards deciding what is and isn't safe for you to do. If you want to take the chance of possibly tripping and falling down the stairs through standing at a match then, as an adult, that should be your decision and if you do happen to fall and injure yourself then that's your problem and the club should be absolved of all responsibility.

I think the point that someone has already raised about the compensation culture that is now so prevalent in this country is spot on and has a lot to answer for. It always has to be someone else's fault and nobody wants to take responsibility for their own actions.

Beefster
23-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Mibby not, but the SPL wouldn't let you play with their ball UNLESS you had a 10,000 capacity all-seated stadium. Which a fair few of the lower Premier and upper 1st division clubs didn't have either. Ask Falkirk (or Airdrieonians) about that...

I'm still fairly sure that it wasn't to stop Airdrieonians or Falkirk from challenging Rangers or Celtic for the title.

I think that all the leagues down south have minimum criteria for facilities (media, seating etc) too.

Banff
23-08-2010, 09:01 PM
We'll never sit down, we'll never sit doooowwn, theres no point in trying, we'll never sit down!! Sung to the stewards yesterday!!!

RosComain
23-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Confrontational because i questioned your post accusing of me being patronising ?...you dont know me, you know absolutley nothing about me but you accuse me on a public forum of being patronising & confrontational ..?

I don't need to know you, my comment was based on what you post on here:

patronising:
...if you fell or someone bumped you a few rows down the East im quite sure you will have wished you had listened to the burd in the hi vis jaicket ..

confrontational:
where is the problem as you seem to be the only person with one ..
if you feel so precious & cant handle that then tough
go somewhere else..

My point was that policing and stewarding of any event should be appropriate to the situation, especially in a potentially volatile environment like the east stand during a rangers game. This stewards approach incited anger where previously there had been a pretty good atmosphere. When her supervisor appeared he seemed to recognise this as he called her away and she didn't come back.
I think i'll take your advice and

go somewhere else..
:bye:

mcaitchi
23-08-2010, 09:22 PM
I don't need to know you, my comment was based on what you post on here:

patronising:
...if you fell or someone bumped you a few rows down the East im quite sure you will have wished you had listened to the burd in the hi vis jaicket ..

confrontational:
where is the problem as you seem to be the only person with one ..
if you feel so precious & cant handle that then tough
go somewhere else..

My point was that policing and stewarding of any event should be appropriate to the situation, especially in a potentially volatile environment like the east stand during a rangers game. This stewards approach incited anger where previously there had been a pretty good atmosphere. When her supervisor appeared he seemed to recognise this as he called her away and she didn't come back.
I think i'll take your advice and

go somewhere else..

Yes - must agree some heavy handed people out there with with more power than they think they have !!!

watched some admin tell a little old disabled guy off for standing up because he had bloody CRAMP !!! - sorry did i say admin - i meant Steward - thats the same kinda thing aint it ?? GGTTH

still heavy handed crap, and we pay a lot of money to watch foootball !!

Ed De Gramo
23-08-2010, 09:58 PM
We stand at Ibrox.

and at Celtic Park....mainly cause of those bloody pillars :grr::grr::grr:

Jonnyboy
23-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Yes - must agree some heavy handed people out there with with more power than they think they have !!!

watched some admin tell a little old disabled guy off for standing up because he had bloody CRAMP !!! - sorry did i say admin - i meant Steward - thats the same kinda thing aint it ?? GGTTH

14 posts and you're an expert on admins :bitchy:

Antifa Hibs
23-08-2010, 10:11 PM

I can't believe the OP is whingeing about being told to play by the club's rules. Fair enough if they had sold the ticket and then changed what is allowed, but otherwise he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Aye cos thats happened about what....? Infact its happened ZERO times.

Jonnyboy
23-08-2010, 10:12 PM

Keep on singing!

Incidentally there was a whole group sat there in row DD (I think) wi no colours on and they trooped out after the Huns 2nd goal

Maybe journalists??:greengrin

Gotta say I laughed out loud at one point when the steward asked some folk on the end of a row to sit down. They duly obliged and milliseconds later they were back on their feet as they started singing 'Stand up if you hate Jam Tarts'

mcaitchi
23-08-2010, 10:48 PM
14 posts and you're an expert on admins :bitchy:

Gotta say I laughed out loud at one point when the steward asked some folk on the end of a row to sit down. They duly obliged and milliseconds later they were back on their feet as they started singing 'Stand up if you hate Jam Tarts'

No - im not an expert at anything !! - i work within "windpower" lol

give me a windpowered farm and i think your mouth would reach " chairman " performance - non pun/hun intended !!

but - ADMIN are duly infact another name for - STEWARDS - are they not ??

oh i once remember them named as "Marshalls" !!!!

Paying customers - duly have the right to demand to "stand or Sit " !!!

or dont pay at all !! - this seems to be happening all over the uk..

so the over zealous - rock steady YTS, and the likes - pretend they are lothian and borders boys in black !!

mcaitchi
23-08-2010, 10:51 PM
and - IF - you were such an Old Historian !!

then you would Respect The East Stand - and all it stood for ??? No ??

:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
23-08-2010, 10:52 PM

I'm an East Stander

My seat is right beside the singing section

I sung my lungs out on Sunday

I sat for large parts of the game

I enjoyed it

:wink:

mcaitchi
23-08-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm an East Stander

My seat is right beside the singing section

I sung my lungs out on Sunday

I sat for large parts of the game

I enjoyed it

:wink:

My 4 seats happend to be after the half way - towards the famous5 !!!

fckin **** atmosphere - totally !!

seems the stand is split in half !! that means only half a stand is singing !!

the other 3 and half stands are sat on the arse !! how does that generate atmosphere - and you go on about standing !! - its the standing folks that sing !!

im stuck next to people that can and wont sing !!! - welcome to the hot-dog or prawn sandwich- family !!

Jonnyboy
23-08-2010, 10:59 PM
My 4 seats happend to be after the half way - towards the famous5 !!!

fckin **** atmosphere - totally !!

seems the stand is split in half !! that means only half a stand is singing !!

the other 3 and half stands are sat on the arse !! how does that generate atmosphere - and you go on about standing !! - its the standing folks that sing !!

im stuck next to people that can and wont sing !!! - welcome to the hot-dog or prawn sandwich- family !!

Obvious question I know but why didn't you buy your season ticket in the singing section?

mcaitchi
23-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Obvious question I know but why didn't you buy your season ticket in the singing section?

Having been a "walk up" ticket buyer for a long time 1987 - i decided to get the family some season tickets !! - ididnt know the seating plan - and not much was made about what seats where anywhrere - when purchasing the tickets !!

will hopefully be changing !! - but will wait a few weeks - as i guess the ticket office has been bombarded with people like us - that want to stand and sing etc !! :grr:

Jonnyboy
23-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Having been a "walk up" ticket buyer for a long time 1987 - i decided to get the family some season tickets !! - ididnt know the seating plan - and not much was made about what seats where anywhrere - when purchasing the tickets !!

will hopefully be changing !! - but will wait a few weeks - as i guess the ticket office has been bombarded with people like us - that want to stand and sing etc !! :grr:

I'd suggest you ask now rather than leaving it too long as you might lose out otherwise. Pretty sure the ticket office will do their best to help out :thumbsup:

mcaitchi
23-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I'd suggest you ask now rather than leaving it too long as you might lose out otherwise. Pretty sure the ticket office will do their best to help out :thumbsup:

I Guess They Will - But the "REAL FANS" - Should be left alone !!

shamefull - that disabled guys and oap`s - are sat with the Crush protectors !!

oh and could you "IMAGINE" alcohol - being served at such events !!!!

they would only do that a murrayfield !! - such a bad idea !!!

ps - i was due to observe the hillsborough game - but was infact in the bloody pub for a pint - thanks mr kronenbourg !!

Aubenas
23-08-2010, 11:31 PM
It's not about blocking people's view, it's about safety.
The stand has been designed for sitting not standing.
Everyone knows this when they pay.
'You'll never make us sit down' is just another version of "Are you lookin at me pal?".
No point have a thread on this cos those who want to stand are on a different agenda; there's always a guy in the class that tries to attract attention by breaking the rules and acting with indignation when it's pointed out to him.
If someone can't see the need for rules of safety to be obeyed in a 6K plus stand, there's no point in arguing.
And of course if they fall there's no chance they could hit and hurt anyone else :rolleyes:
I'm off to complain to Petrie that there's nowhere to tie up my horse and trap at ER - if it was good enough for my great grandad it's good enough for me.

mcaitchi
23-08-2010, 11:33 PM
aubenas = WANTS US ALL TO SIT DOWN AND STOP SINGING !!!

PRAWN SANDWICH ?? ANYONE !!

Aubenas
23-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Allergic to prawns actually.
Unable to sit and sing sounds like a new illness that the medics should be told about.:greengrin

marinello59
24-08-2010, 06:24 AM

Outted at last, it's a fair cop. :agree: The entire admin team here double up as Stewards on match day. We have to, have you seen how poor traffic wardens pay is these days?:boo hoo:

There's some sort of manifesto?:confused:

I think bighairyfaeleith, (how on earth did that user name come about?:greengrin), got it right in one of the early posts on here. A standing section of the new East will naturally evolve. No need for campaigns etc, everybody will know that certain sections will all be standing and commonsense will prevail. The fans will know what to expect in that area and whilst I don't think the club would or could ever acknowledge it the stewards will also be aware of that fact. Let's keep knotting our knickers for another few pages though, it's fun.:thumbsup:

RIP
24-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Having been a "walk up" ticket buyer for a long time 1987 - i decided to get the family some season tickets !! - i didnt know the seating plan - and not much was made about what seats where anywhrere - when purchasing the tickets !!

Greetings mate

When Fife Hyland and Hibs assigned the Singing Section he earmarked sections 43, 44 and 45. Well nobody was ever gonna by an ST in S45 cos of the lack of view. So S43 was for ST's and walkups would end up in S44 or filling in spaces in S43. That's pretty much how things panned out on Saturday. A bit of S42 joined in as well and "The Old Hibstorian" was singing wi the best of them. He's actually no that old close up :greengrin

If you are sitting on the FF side of the half way line you are in the quieter end. A few mates of mine are in there. They decided they wanted to be away from the standing/singing area and one or two had wee kids or an elderly relative. So they are in Sections 37-41.

We contacted Fife and he said supporters were welcome to change seats, it would only take a quick phone call to 0131 661 1875 to swap you over. Hibs not only anticipate these requests, they encourage them

So if I were you I would get on the blower now and move to the top half of S43 (above letter Z)

Then ye can stand and sing yer heart oot! Mind you we want to see the whole stadium singing eventually!!:thumbsup:

Antifa Hibs
24-08-2010, 09:49 AM
It's not about blocking people's view, it's about safety.
The stand has been designed for sitting not standing.
Everyone knows this when they pay.
'You'll never make us sit down' is just another version of "Are you lookin at me pal?".
No point have a thread on this cos those who want to stand are on a different agenda; there's always a guy in the class that tries to attract attention by breaking the rules and acting with indignation when it's pointed out to him.
If someone can't see the need for rules of safety to be obeyed in a 6K plus stand, there's no point in arguing.
And of course if they fall there's no chance they could hit and hurt anyone else :rolleyes:
I'm off to complain to Petrie that there's nowhere to tie up my horse and trap at ER - if it was good enough for my great grandad it's good enough for me.

Safety :faf:

Yes because Hibs and the SFA let us stand in that peice of **** we had before on out slippery seats as it was safe as ****.

Your allowed to stand at moments of excitement, you jump about mad once we have scored, for me to go for a pish you'd need to get up, stand and let me pass, these are all as safe/unsafe as standing.

All everyone is asking for is common sense. No-one is expecting Hibs to say 'hey-ho everyone go standing it's sound', merely suggestion Hibs turn a blind eye to it, like they do Hearts fan, like they do to the Weegies, like they did to us in the auld East.

They SFA/SPL aren't going to go about enforcing daft sit down rules, even they wouldn't be that daft. Check out the next Scotland home game, there will be 30,000+ standing.

HibeePaj
24-08-2010, 11:40 AM

Any thoughts folks?

Seems a bit out of order tbh. Me and my mate were told to sit down twice at the game against Maribor, our seat was in the south upper and directly infront of the entrance where you make your way out to your seat (SEVERE LACK OF TECHNICAL WORD HERE, APOLOGIES) By standing up we couldnt block anybodies view.

Hundreds of Rangers fans stood for the whole 90 minutes on Sunday. both at the back row and also where i sat in the south upper. Shocking that at Easter Road differantr rules seem to apply for the away fans. Blatent 'cowardly' security no wanting to stand up to them.

ITS A GAME OF FOOTBALL WE ARE GOING TO WATCH, NOT THE SNOOKER!!

Gatecrasher
24-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Does Rangers bringing their own Stewards to games not solve the inconsistancy here?

I.E Each SPL clubs are responsible for brining their own security personel to games IIRC

HibeePaj
24-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Does Rangers bringing their own Stewards to games not solve the inconsistancy here?

I.E Each SPL clubs are responsible for brining their own security personel to games IIRC

is that the case??
didnt realise that however it should still be same rules for all at the game no? :S

Gatecrasher
24-08-2010, 11:56 AM
is that the case??
didnt realise that however it should still be same rules for all at the game no? :S

im sure it is, although willing to be corrected on it :agree:

it is the same rules but would explain the incansistancy in how we are treated compared to away supporters

BS44
24-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Safety :faf:

Yes because Hibs and the SFA let us stand in that peice of **** we had before on out slippery seats as it was safe as ****.

Your allowed to stand at moments of excitement, you jump about mad once we have scored, for me to go for a pish you'd need to get up, stand and let me pass, these are all as safe/unsafe as standing.

All everyone is asking for is common sense. No-one is expecting Hibs to say 'hey-ho everyone go standing it's sound', merely suggestion Hibs turn a blind eye to it, like they do Hearts fan, like they do to the Weegies, like they did to us in the auld East.

They SFA/SPL aren't going to go about enforcing daft sit down rules, even they wouldn't be that daft. Check out the next Scotland home game, there will be 30,000+ standing.

Think Hibs do turn a blind to fans standing in the stadium, it's just a some over zealous stewards (and some posters on here) that seem to think it's a big deal.

My seat is in the back row of the West Stand Lower and I have only sat down once for a game in the 6/7(?) years i've had my ST there. Nothing to do with having a agenda, its I enjoy standing while watching Hibs. And as long as i'm not blocking any of my fellow Hibs fans view then I don't see the problem with me standing. Only once have I been asked to sit down by a steward, but after a little diplomacy between us and the steward he was quite happy to let us continue standing.

A poster has said that we stand at Ibrox well that's not totally true. At at all the away games the majority of fans sit. But as the same at ER you can get away with standing at away games if you're not bothering anyone behind and you don't randomly dive on the people in front of you and expect to do a bit of crowd surfing.

.Whitey.
24-08-2010, 12:23 PM
ive been to many hibs v rangers games (home & Away) never sat down at any! my season ticket is in the singing section - people standing up in front of me aswel as behind (just as it should be). When asked to sit down, me and ma m8s kindly replied 'no as we are not paying over £400 to stare in to the the back of the person in front' the steward then got on his radio and requested the cameras to locate to our position - he then threatened to kick us out so we sat down (for 5mins lol)

i ken the stewards are just doing their job as 'its unsafe for people to be standing' - then surely hibs will have to ban us from doing the Hibees bounce (6000 fans jumping up and down) - isnt that way more dangerous??

anyway..... i think they will give up there attempt for us all to sit down.... well hopefully

jgl07
24-08-2010, 01:25 PM
As someone has said previosuly all seater stadia stem from the Taylor Report after Hillsborough. This is not legally enforceable in Scotland although the SPL and SFA have voluntarily agreed to it for top flight clubs.
The Local Authorities have also agreed and will not grant a safety certificate to any top division ground that does not comply.

So maybe the petulant attention seekers should blame stewards for attempting to do their job.

Antifa Hibs
24-08-2010, 01:30 PM
The Local Authorities have also agreed and will not grant a safety certificate to any top division ground that does not comply.

So maybe the petulant attention seekers should blame stewards for attempting to do their job.

:yawn:

How many times has that happened like? Hibs, Hertz, Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers have fans standing at home games. Almost every club down south has standing supporters at the home grounds. That's the type of nonsense clubs/stewards want you to believe.

Man U got threatened to have the Stretfod End closed by the local Manc cooncil, Man U laughed and said we'll see you in court. The Stretford End still stands to this day...

Owain_1987
24-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Ok ..so you are gonna stand ...what will you do if you are blocking someones view (providing you aint on the back row) & the person you are blocking asks you to sit down..?

Dinnae bring Cardiff into it ..each tae their own & aw that ..:wink:

I would hope there will be enough seats empty in the back row. I would not stand so someone could not watch the game if it came to that of course I would sit. I just said about Cardiff to point out that fans stand at games and clubs do not get fines.

MSK
24-08-2010, 01:51 PM
I would hope there will be enough seats empty in the back row. I would not stand so someone could not watch the game if it came to that of course I would sit. I just said about Cardiff to point out that fans stand at games and clubs do not get fines.No worries Owain..as for Cardiff etc ..thats the point Antifa is trying to make too but do you or others honestly believe hibs actually give a **** about folk standing at other venues ..?...hibs will make sure they are biding by the rules in their own home & if that pisses of a few then so be it ...damned if i would risk losing my seat or season ticket by getting into an arguement about standing or sitting..is it really worth it ..?

Jonnyboy
24-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I Guess They Will - But the "REAL FANS" - Should be left alone !!

shamefull - that disabled guys and oap`s - are sat with the Crush protectors !!

oh and could you "IMAGINE" alcohol - being served at such events !!!!

they would only do that a murrayfield !! - such a bad idea !!!

ps - i was due to observe the hillsborough game - but was infact in the bloody pub for a pint - thanks mr kronenbourg !!

That's a pretty tired argument really and a comment designed to offend IMO

aubenas = WANTS US ALL TO SIT DOWN AND STOP SINGING !!!

PRAWN SANDWICH ?? ANYONE !!

No he doesn't and if you read his post properly that's not what he's saying. Have to say you're coming across as a bit of an idiot with these kind of sweeping generalisations

ionahibby
24-08-2010, 02:56 PM
No worries Owain..as for Cardiff etc ..thats the point Antifa is trying to make too but do you or others honestly believe hibs actually give a **** about folk standing at other venues ..?...hibs will make sure they are biding by the rules in their own home & if that pisses of a few then so be it ...damned if i would risk losing my seat or season ticket by getting into an arguement about standing or sitting..is it really worth it ..?

:agree: agreed , i admit i prefer standing but if i have to sit so be it i enjoy going to easter road too much to get into an arguement and risk losing my season ticket!

Hibby70
24-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Funny thing is that at half time everyone stands and try to pass others on the narrow rows and passageways. Asking everyone to sit during a game is just another example of the over protective world we now live in where people cant be trusted to look after themselves.

God if you watch some of the crowds at Besiktas and Red Star Belgrade you really see what a decent atmosphere could be (I realise we are a long long way off).

We've all become boring, self concious, safety minded, sheep ruled by oversensitive policing and solicitors.

So next home game in the East - bring a flag, bring a horn, bring a flare, bring a mate and go mental for a coulple of hours.

I should add the above applies only if you are under 30 and dont go to the games with your 75 year old dad and 8 year old nephew. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Funny thing is that at half time everyone stands and try to pass others on the narrow rows and passageways. Asking everyone to sit during a game is just another example of the over protective world we now live in where people cant be trusted to look after themselves.

God if you watch some of the crowds at Besiktas and Red Star Belgrade you really see what a decent atmosphere could be (I realise we are a long long way off).

We've all become boring, self concious, safety minded, sheep ruled by oversensitive policing and solicitors.

So next home game in the East - bring a flag, bring a horn, bring a flare, bring a mate and go mental for a coulple of hours.

I should add the above applies only if you are under 30 and dont go to the games with your 75 year old dad and 8 year old nephew. :wink:

You know i had never thought of that before. I stand all through the half time interval, why am i not told to sit down? If its as dangerous as they keep telling us, surely i should be made to sit during the 15 minute break?:confused:

Phil D. Rolls
24-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Aye cos thats happened about what....? Infact its happened ZERO times.

Oh well, if it's never happened we don't have to worry about it then.

Thanks for saving me a fortune on all those insurance premiums I have been paying. My roof hasn't fallen in ever, so it has been a complete waste. :thumbsup:

If only everybody took your common sense approach.

Steve-O
26-08-2010, 10:20 AM
All this safety talk is simply b0llocks, just like 99% of ALL 'health and safety' rubbish that's drummed into you at work places and the likes - i.e. 'fill in a near miss form if you DIDN'T have an accident' :bitchy:

I stand at all Wellington Phoenix home games - it's an all seater stadium, crowds range from anywhere between 8,000 - 34,000 depending on opposition, type of game etc, and the section I stand in accomodates about 2000 people. This 2000 people stand for the entire 90 minutes, EVERY week, in an all seater stadium. I have never heard of a single accident involving tripping and falling downstairs, domino effects, crushing or any of the other garbage that's being spouted on this thread.

It's more likely for an accident to occur when everyone is leaving the game at full time and heading downstairs at once, but it seems this practice is completely acceptable while simply standing still is not? :confused:

Steve-O
26-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Oh well, if it's never happened we don't have to worry about it then.

Thanks for saving me a fortune on all those insurance premiums I have been paying. My roof hasn't fallen in ever, so it has been a complete waste. :thumbsup:

If only everybody took your common sense approach.

Er, but roofs fall in etc relatively regularly, hence the insurance? Can you tell me the last time there was a major incident caused by people standing at a football match, in an all seater stadium?

If it's NEVER happened, why exactly should we be worrying about it?

JohnScott
26-08-2010, 10:52 AM

Better still scouse they should take their money and spend it on a season ticket for a lower league club where they can lawfully stand up? Stand-up if you think you think scouse is a *REMOVED* Only at the fitba could you have a steward telling you to sit down..........love to see them telling a boxing fan to sit down or rocker at a gig. The only place you'd expect people to sit would be at the pictures. Is that what people want the great game to be compared to? All sitting there munching on their crisps and popcorn? Bet scouse and his ilk would complain if those sitting next to them rustled their crisp bag too loudly. That's the way the game is going. Stand and applaud politely when we score then sit on your arse! Piss off if you don't like it as scouse will get peeved. *REMOVED*

marinello59
26-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Only at the fitba could you have a steward telling you to sit down..........love to see them telling a boxing fan to sit down or rocker at a gig. The only place you'd expect people to sit would be at the pictures. Is that what people want the great game to be compared to? All sitting there munching on their crisps and popcorn? Bet scouse and his ilk would complain if those sitting next to them rustled their crisp bag too loudly. That's the way the game is going. Stand and applaud politely when we score then sit on your arse!

That's a ridiculous statement and bears no relationship to how people actually view the game. In the areas where sitting is the norm of course people stand up to celebrate, applaud etc. (And I wouldn't describe any goal celebrations as 'polite' applause....it's the one time when we do all become united in a collective madness.:greengrin) What's wrong with that if that's how people choose to view the game? My wee lad would struggle to stand for 90 minutes and would probably miss half of the action if everybody in front of us stood the whole time. Modern stadiums are designed for sitting down , like it or not. Jibes about rustling crisp bags and popcorn munching are just childish.
There is actually a fair bit of consensus on this thread between those of us who sit for most of the game and those who prefer to stand in that the commonsense way forward would be to have a known standing area. That is NEVER going to be officially recognised but we all know that part of the East Stand will emerge as being populated by those who are predominantly standing. Nothing wrong with that either. Is there?

MSK
26-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Better still scouse they should take their money and spend it on a season ticket for a lower league club where they can lawfully stand up? Stand-up if you think you think scouse is a *REMOVED* Only at the fitba could you have a steward telling you to sit down..........love to see them telling a boxing fan to sit down or rocker at a gig. The only place you'd expect people to sit would be at the pictures. Is that what people want the great game to be compared to? All sitting there munching on their crisps and popcorn? Bet scouse and his ilk would complain if those sitting next to them rustled their crisp bag too loudly. That's the way the game is going. Stand and applaud politely when we score then sit on your arse! Piss off if you don't like it as scouse will get peeved. *REMOVED*What you & others fail to grasp is..its not Scouse or anyone else thats telling you to sit down its the club thats telling you ...if folk are gonna challenge the club then go for it ..i can only see one winner coming outta this ..& it wont be the supporter..

RIP
26-08-2010, 12:16 PM
This thread is a lot of Pash

The club and the stewards are quite happy if we want to stand and sing

They just won't let us stand and not sing

They've compromised - why can't we?

Hibs12thMan
26-08-2010, 12:24 PM
The club has been in touch with the Hibs 12th Man and has provided the following information;

“the stadium’s safety certificate is predicated on supporters sitting down – consistent breaching of that could result in the council reducing the capacity of the stand.”

So its not the law, the SPL, the government of any UK country, or the result of some report made some years ago.

The no standing thing is enforced through the awarding, rewording i.e. reducing the capacity, or withdrawal, of the stadiums safety certificate, issued by the Hearts orientated city council (???).

This could have serious implications for the club, not just for our own home matches. It could also become a major hindrance in Hibs attracting 'neutral ground' matches to ER. Something I’m sure they would have factored in when deciding if they could afford to build and thereafter afford to maintain our shiny stand.

JA

Antifa Hibs
26-08-2010, 12:55 PM
The club has been in touch with the Hibs 12th Man and has provided the following information;

“the stadium’s safety certificate is predicated on supporters sitting down – consistent breaching of that could result in the council reducing the capacity of the stand.”

So its not the law, the SPL, the government of any UK country, or the result of some report made some years ago.

The no standing thing is enforced through the awarding, rewording i.e. reducing the capacity, or withdrawal, of the stadiums safety certificate, issued by the Hearts orientated city council (???).

This could have serious implications for the club, not just for our own home matches. It could also become a major hindrance in Hibs attracting 'neutral ground' matches to ER. Something I’m sure they would have factored in when deciding if they could afford to build and thereafter afford to maintain our shiny stand.

JA

As I have said thats the scare tactics clubs and councils use all the time. The fact is, it has never happened to any club in Britian, Man Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle, they have all had these threats made to them.

And Hibs should stick up for the fans that do want to stand, get on the case to the SFA/SPL to have the rules relaxed.

It's not just about standing, its a point of principal of how stupid and backwards this utter joke of a league is.

A grown man who's ticket was probably one of the most expensive in Europe (bar England) for a poor poor standard of football, getting threatened by stewards and ejected for standing up. Yet the clubs still wonder where the fans, colour and atmosphere's have went :bye:

Phil MaGlass
26-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Actually seated stadiums are just as dangerous as standing, you would not believe how many fans are injured by trying to walk past seated fans and end up falling over the seats in front and injuring the folk they land on, or falling over the people they are trying to pass, I kid you not, there are loads of twisted knees with people trying to squeeze back to let folk past, folk getting hot tea spilt on them, the list is endless.

Jack
26-08-2010, 01:14 PM

JA

How much would Hibs make for every neutral game they have at Easter Road? £30,000???

If Hibs are stopped having one of these matches then that’s around the equivalent of 1,400 full paying match tickets. If Hibs were to chuck people out for standing (I doubt season tickets would be withdrawn) they could chuck out a substantial number before they started making a loss! I don’t think they'd need to chuck that many out before folk got the idea standing is not allowed!

I would be surprised if Hibs and other clubs aren't looking for the opportunity to re-introduce standing – they’ll be well aware of the supporters wishes.

I don’t think defying the club will have any effect in bringing in standing, but writing to the club, the SFA, the SPL, Scottish Government and the UK Government might.

If those who were so keen on standing did a simple Google (http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUK258&q=standing+at+football+matches+campaign&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=)search they could join a UK wide campaign!

Lucius Apuleius
26-08-2010, 01:21 PM
All this safety talk is simply b0llocks, just like 99% of ALL 'health and safety' rubbish that's drummed into you at work places and the likes - i.e. 'fill in a near miss form if you DIDN'T have an accident' :bitchy:

I stand at all Wellington Phoenix home games - it's an all seater stadium, crowds range from anywhere between 8,000 - 34,000 depending on opposition, type of game etc, and the section I stand in accomodates about 2000 people. This 2000 people stand for the entire 90 minutes, EVERY week, in an all seater stadium. I have never heard of a single accident involving tripping and falling downstairs, domino effects, crushing or any of the other garbage that's being spouted on this thread.

It's more likely for an accident to occur when everyone is leaving the game at full time and heading downstairs at once, but it seems this practice is completely acceptable while simply standing still is not? :confused:

Steve,

Don't know what industry you work in mate but reporting near misses and investigating serious near misses is probably the most proactive saftey culture you can have, stopping the same thing from happening again and actually causing an incident.

And I still like to sit and watch games and stand up when I feel like hurling abuse at the referee/Nish/Hogg/Tortolano/Evans/Sproule,Brazil. But as I said in another thread, I did stand and watch the whole game on Sunday in sympathy with the guys in the East, but I did have the back of a chair to lean on so it was pretty safe.

Sir David Gray
26-08-2010, 02:04 PM

I'm afraid that's not the case. There are no seats provided for the helpers of fans in wheelchairs at Fir Park. The SPL is aware of this and has done nothing about it.

LancashireHibby
26-08-2010, 02:07 PM
As I have said thats the scare tactics clubs and councils use all the time. The fact is, it has never happened to any club in Britian, Man Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle, they have all had these threats made to them.

And Hibs should stick up for the fans that do want to stand, get on the case to the SFA/SPL to have the rules relaxed.

It's not just about standing, its a point of principal of how stupid and backwards this utter joke of a league is.

A grown man who's ticket was probably one of the most expensive in Europe (bar England) for a poor poor standard of football, getting threatened by stewards and ejected for standing up. Yet the clubs still wonder where the fans, colour and atmosphere's have went :bye:

I'd rather stand up to watch the game, and usually get tickets on the back row of the West for exactly that purpose, but I'm afraid that there have been clubs who have had the capacity of stands reduced because of persistent standing.

Banff
26-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I'd rather stand up to watch the game, and usually get tickets on the back row of the West for exactly that purpose, but I'm afraid that there have been clubs who have had the capacity of stands reduced because of persistent standing.

What about the back of the Richard Donald stand at Aberdeen. They stand for 90 mins every home game and they dont get their capacity reduced! They have done it for years.

jgl07
26-08-2010, 02:22 PM
What about the back of the Richard Donald stand at Aberdeen. They stand for 90 mins every home game and they dont get their capacity reduced! They have done it for years.
When was the last time that anyone would have noticed the capacity being reduced?

Jamie
26-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Seating stadia was only introduced because the cops made a total balls up of policing the hillsborough semi final! Standing IMHO is safer than clattering into some plastic seat or part of metal attached to the seat!

That said I sat for periods of the game on sunday and could still manage a sing song so it doesn't really effect the atmosphere!

Brizo
26-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Not on the wind up but I honestly dont get this fixation with wanting to stand. I could understand it in the old East with its bench seating and pillars but weve got a barry new stand with good seats and excellent sightlines where afaik everyone can get a great view. In fact the only time your gonna get an interrupted view is if someone stands up in the row in front of you.:devil:. What I also dont get is that so many of the ardent standers appear to be from the post terracing generation :confused:.

As for the atmopshere argument ive been to plenty games back in the 70s and 80s where the atmosphere was great standing up but ive been to plenty games back then when it was like a library. FWIW I dont think the atmosphere vs say St Mirren is gonna be much different standing up or sitting down.

While ive no doubt some folk are genuinely passionate about standing up from what I saw at the away end of the East on sunday some characters just wanted to stand up to draw attention to themselves so they could then act like wideos when a minimum wage steward asked them politely to sit down:devil: Funnily enough one such wideo was straight down to see the same stewards when some real rough boys beside him started playing up :greengrin

Fitbas moved on and no amount of gadgies standing up in the new East is gonna change the safety conditions rules set out in a previous post ..... imho

RIP
26-08-2010, 03:39 PM
please read attached document - standing in seated areas in football grounds

Banff
26-08-2010, 08:52 PM
please read attached document - standing in seated areas in football grounds

*****! Just keeping someone in a job.

Steve-O
27-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Steve,

Don't know what industry you work in mate but reporting near misses and investigating serious near misses is probably the most proactive saftey culture you can have, stopping the same thing from happening again and actually causing an incident.

And I still like to sit and watch games and stand up when I feel like hurling abuse at the referee/Nish/Hogg/Tortolano/Evans/Sproule,Brazil. But as I said in another thread, I did stand and watch the whole game on Sunday in sympathy with the guys in the East, but I did have the back of a chair to lean on so it was pretty safe.

I work in an office! Fair enough in certain jobs and industries like you say but in the office environment where common sense should dictate, I think 'near miss forms' are really a bit OTT. And I would actually never fill one in, because usually if you've 'nearly' tripped it's just a case of moving a box out of the way or something!

Steve-O
27-08-2010, 07:28 AM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=607705435#!/group.php?gid=2250362907&ref=ts

Here's the Facebook group for introducing safe standing at football in the UK.

Join up! :agree:

Antifa Hibs
27-08-2010, 07:32 AM

Who?

I know Man Utd have had their away allocation cut at Spurs and Sunderland, but that is probably because they are generally nutjobs and not really wanted. Liverpool, West Ham, Spurs and Villa stand at every away match and I can't recall them getting a reduced allocation.

Aberdeen fans have stood in the RDS Upper for years, and the club allocated the Red Ultras (Now Red Army 12) there own section, where they now stand off course. Celtic gave the Green Brigade 500 seats for a singing section, yep, where they stand everyweek. Do you think both clubs would do that if the cooncil could close down their stands?

Steve-O
27-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Not on the wind up but I honestly dont get this fixation with wanting to stand. I could understand it in the old East with its bench seating and pillars but weve got a barry new stand with good seats and excellent sightlines where afaik everyone can get a great view. In fact the only time your gonna get an interrupted view is if someone stands up in the row in front of you.:devil:. What I also dont get is that so many of the ardent standers appear to be from the post terracing generation :confused:.

As for the atmopshere argument ive been to plenty games back in the 70s and 80s where the atmosphere was great standing up but ive been to plenty games back then when it was like a library. FWIW I dont think the atmosphere vs say St Mirren is gonna be much different standing up or sitting down.

While ive no doubt some folk are genuinely passionate about standing up from what I saw at the away end of the East on sunday some characters just wanted to stand up to draw attention to themselves so they could then act like wideos when a minimum wage steward asked them politely to sit down:devil: Funnily enough one such wideo was straight down to see the same stewards when some real rough boys beside him started playing up :greengrin

Fitbas moved on and no amount of gadgies standing up in the new East is gonna change the safety conditions rules set out in a previous post ..... imho

By the same token, I don't get the fixation with sitting?

I certainly don't stand at games so I can act like a wide-o if I am asked to sit down. I, like many others, just feel more like I am 'part of the game' when standing. It's hard to explain really, but if I am standing in a decent sized group of people at a big game, I find it much more enjoyable than just sitting. As others have stated too, it's easier to chant and sing if you are standing too IMO. Sitting and singing just doesn't go, unless you are in Westlife I suppose.

In fact, I am not even too bothered about not standing for the non big games, but I'd like to be able stand at big games. It just doesn't have the same feel sitting down at a derby for example, I hate it!

LancashireHibby
27-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Who?

I know Man Utd have had their away allocation cut at Spurs and Sunderland, but that is probably because they are generally nutjobs and not really wanted. Liverpool, West Ham, Spurs and Villa stand at every away match and I can't recall them getting a reduced allocation.

Aberdeen fans have stood in the RDS Upper for years, and the club allocated the Red Ultras (Now Red Army 12) there own section, where they now stand off course. Celtic gave the Green Brigade 500 seats for a singing section, yep, where they stand everyweek. Do you think both clubs would do that if the cooncil could close down their stands?

Bolton and Wigan have both had blocks closed because of persistent standing, and Liverpool have also had their allocation cut at away grounds. Not sure about any others, but I do know that Safety Advisory Groups like nothing more than getting a bit of a scalp and victories for jobsworth's everywhere. Like I said, I'd rather stand at games but the power is with the jobsworth's, not with the fans.

Lucius Apuleius
27-08-2010, 10:05 AM
I work in an office! Fair enough in certain jobs and industries like you say but in the office environment where common sense should dictate, I think 'near miss forms' are really a bit OTT. And I would actually never fill one in, because usually if you've 'nearly' tripped it's just a case of moving a box out of the way or something!

What if a fluorescent light starter started smouldering but was seen by someone? Should that be the end of it or should there be a near miss form filled in so as all fittings can be investigated to see if they are OK? Great believer in near misses to be honest mate. I spend most of my life sat in my office or conference room as well, but we are all here to support the guys who are not in the offices and trending saftey is a big part of that. Having said that I hate the HSE department only mildly less than the Security department:greengrin

Anyway off topic!!!!! I want to do both at the game depending upon how we are playing and who we are playing.

Steve-O
27-08-2010, 12:56 PM
What if a fluorescent light starter started smouldering but was seen by someone? Should that be the end of it or should there be a near miss form filled in so as all fittings can be investigated to see if they are OK? Great believer in near misses to be honest mate. I spend most of my life sat in my office or conference room as well, but we are all here to support the guys who are not in the offices and trending saftey is a big part of that. Having said that I hate the HSE department only mildly less than the Security department:greengrin

Anyway off topic!!!!! I want to do both at the game depending upon how we are playing and who we are playing.

Don't think a near miss form needs to be filled in, not by me anyway! Just phone up whoever is responsible for such things, and voila, it shall be fixed and I will leave it to them to decide if anything else needs checked!

If you are involved in something with a reasonable level of danger, fair enough, but I am on about your average office where a file falling on your toes is about as bad as it gets :greengrin