PDA

View Full Version : A wee positive - Kevin McCann's goal today...

Hibs90
23-08-2010, 03:33 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8935442.stm

About 1:05 in.

Brilliant goal :thumbsup:

ano hibby
23-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Aye a cracker, well done KM. Did he not score against Rangers a few years ago fom similar distance into the south stand end..or my memory playing tricks:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Aye a cracker, well done KM. Did he not score against Rangers a few years ago fom similar distance into the south stand end..or my memory playing tricks:greengrin

Yes. 3-3 draw.

rossi
23-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Great goal - good to see him back.
Other thoughts on watching the brief highlights is how bad Kenneth looked. Levein picks him for Scotland!:confused:

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Other thoughts on watching the brief highlights is how bad Kenneth looked. Levein picks him for Scotland!:confused:

Kenneth - i'll always think of the time Gary O'C tore him apart.

Does anybody know how the fans at ICT, perhaps on the forums, are reacting to McCann?

Ritchie
23-08-2010, 11:20 AM
how bad was the attendance at tannadice! :bitchy:

Scorrie
23-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Does anyone know if we can recall Kevin now or do we have to wait until the next transfer window? Given Hart's injury and Kevin appeairng to be match fit now, I hope we get him back. Always rated him anyway and would like to see him back at ER

Glasgow Hibee
23-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Happy for the lad. He's had a right hard time the past few years. That goal is a memory he can be proud of whatever happens to his career. I hope he manages to stay fit and comes back to help us out at Easter Road in the new year.

A great bit of business by Yogi loaning him out to get his fitness and confidence back IMHO.

greenlex
23-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Great goal from Kevin. His downfall however is his distribution which is no better than our skipper.

Glasgow Hibee
23-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Great goal from Kevin. His downfall however is his distribution which is no better than our skipper.

The difference is that Kevin has less that one full seasons playing time. Distribution is something that should get better with experience. I believe that a run in the Inverness team will pay great dividends for Kevin (and therefore us).

Jones28
23-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Takes Elliots and Templetons goals and wipes the floor wi them :thumbsup: Well done Kev, get him back down the road and into the team in january Yogi

California-Hibs
23-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Takes Elliots and Templetons goals and wipes the floor wi them :thumbsup: Well done Kev, get him back down the road and into the team in january Yogi

The guys poor, thats just the way it is. Yes he scored a goal but he's still poor and should be no where near a Hibs starting 11. Michael Hart is a MUCH better option than he is, and so is David Wotherspoon. We should be looking to bring in another player who can provide cover and let McCann go, good luck to him :agree:

Hainan Hibs
23-08-2010, 03:27 PM

Exactly what I thought. He got ripped apart senseless and imitated a giraffe wearing ice skates. Levein continuing the "jobs for the boys" mentality with the national squad.

BEEJ
23-08-2010, 05:40 PM
The guys poor, thats just the way it is. Yes he scored a goal but he's still poor and should be no where near a Hibs starting 11. Michael Hart is a MUCH better option than he is, and so is David Wotherspoon. We should be looking to bring in another player who can provide cover and let McCann go, good luck to him :agree:
Can't agree with that view, I'm afraid. A better than average RB in my opinion.

And McCann is much better at RB than DW. To persist with DW at RB whilst Hart recovers from his injury will just pull down DW's game and his confidence even more. A double whammy!

greenlex
23-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Thicot should play RB or move Hogg there and bring in Stephens alongside Bamba. Plenty options.

GlesgaeHibby
23-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Thicot should play RB or move Hogg there and bring in Stephens alongside Bamba. Plenty options.

Have you ever seen Hogg play RB? He's bad enough in his favoured position of CH just now without moving him to RB.

California-Hibs
23-08-2010, 05:49 PM

Another good option we have, a player who is again, better than McCann. McCann is in the same kind of mold as Darren McCormack, Jay Sheilds, Lewis Stevenson, simply just not good enough!

GlesgaeHibby
23-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Another good option we have, a player who is again, better than McCann. McCann is in the same kind of mold as Darren McCormack, Jay Sheilds, Lewis Stevenson, simply just not good enough!

I'm sorry but that is absolute keech. Thicot better than McCann? Thicot isn't a RB for a start. McCann before his injury was a very very promising full back. Solid in the tackle, good defensively, liked to get forward and good for a few goals. He also played a few times in midfield and played well there too.

Whether he can re-capture that form and early promise after what has been a horrific injury remains to be seen, but I hope so and an extended run at ICT will do him the world of good.

nonshinyfinish
23-08-2010, 06:33 PM

Was that his only Hibs goal? Maybe he only scores rakers...

Johnny_Leith
23-08-2010, 11:44 PM

He scored against Gretna at home, first game of Collins' first full season.

Glasgow Hibee
24-08-2010, 12:28 AM

You really don't like the boy do you. He's still young and inexperienced at this level (mainly due to his injuries). It's a bit early to right him off. He did get a few Scotland under 21 caps so some people rated him. The experience he is getting at Inverness might just be the making of him.

Why not look on the bright side and hope he comes back a better player :agree:

truehibernian
24-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Have you ever seen Hogg play RB? He's bad enough in his favoured position of CH just now without moving him to RB.

McDiarmid Park, Perth - 5-1 : Christopher Hogg, Right Back, Hibernian

The case for the prosecution (and persecution) rests :greengrin

A good point well made glesgaehibby :agree:

GlesgaeHibby
24-08-2010, 08:22 AM

Scored one against Gretna 3 years ago. Last goal of the game at home we one 4-2 after being 2-0 down.

McDiarmid Park, Perth - 5-1 : Christopher Hogg, Right Back, Hibernian

The case for the prosecution (and persecution) rests :greengrin

A good point well made glesgaehibby :agree:

I had almost forgot about that game, absolutely horrific. My case rests :agree:

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Scored one against Gretna 3 years ago. Last goal of the game at home we one 4-2 after being 2-0 down.

I had almost forgot about that game, absolutely horrific. My case rests :agree:

Let's just go the whole "hogg" and turn a positive thread into another negative one about our Graham.

California-Hibs
24-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm sorry but that is absolute keech. Thicot better than McCann? Thicot isn't a RB for a start. McCann before his injury was a very very promising full back. Solid in the tackle, good defensively, liked to get forward and good for a few goals. He also played a few times in midfield and played well there too.

Whether he can re-capture that form and early promise after what has been a horrific injury remains to be seen, but I hope so and an extended run at ICT will do him the world of good.

Please tell me of these games because i am honestly struggling to think of these so called promising performances that he put in :confused:

Yes i agree that going to ICT will be good for him and his football, but i just think we need to aim for a higher quality right back than Kevin McCann.

California-Hibs
24-08-2010, 09:40 AM
You really don't like the boy do you. He's still young and inexperienced at this level (mainly due to his injuries). It's a bit early to right him off. He did get a few Scotland under 21 caps so some people rated him. The experience he is getting at Inverness might just be the making of him.

Why not look on the bright side and hope he comes back a better player :agree:

I do, but i still feel we should be looking somewhere else for a better quality right back. McCann never stuck out for being someone who was comfortable on the ball, who was technically very good. Again i think he's very similar to Lewis Stevenson in how he plays, and i'm glad Yogi has seen sence of that one and that Stevenson is on the bench everyweek. These boys are nice lads and i wish them all the best, but if we let them both go, it'll free up some cash and that could then be spent on a BETTER QUALITY player!

:agree: