PDA

View Full Version : Bougherra's intervention

...WentToMowAnSPL
22-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Just luck and bounce of the ball timing. Certainly not Graafs fault :grr:

Ryan91
22-08-2010, 10:34 PM
In all honesty though all De Graaf needed to do was to stick his foot through the ball and it would have been a goal, I knew as soon as we missed that chance it would come back and bite us hard. Yes though Bougherra got lucky there, I'm thinking if it had been Ant or Deek in that position it'd have been very different. Crikey even Nish would have burried it.

iwasthere1972
22-08-2010, 10:39 PM
In all honesty though all De Graaf needed to do was to stick his foot through the ball and it would have been a goal, I knew as soon as we missed that chance it would come back and bite us hard. Yes though Bougherra got lucky there, I'm thinking if it had been Ant or Deek in that position it'd have been very different. Crikey even Nish would have burried it.

You were winning up until that point. De Graaf could have and should have bundled the ball over the line with his body and didn't really need to wait for the ball to land at his feet.

AJWisme
22-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Just luck and bounce of the ball timing. Certainly not Graafs fault :grr:
I don't understand why he appears to be getting so much blame. I thought it was a great tackle in fortunate circumstances. Just my eyes though.:greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
22-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Agree. Maybe De Graff could have been quicker but I thought it was more good defending than anything else. Bougherra is a good player and will be offski soon.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2010, 11:16 PM
I dont think De Graffs feet are connected in any way to his brain, they just flail about like a Ted McMinn on acid.

Pete
23-08-2010, 01:09 AM
I don't understand why he appears to be getting so much blame. I thought it was a great tackle in fortunate circumstances. Just my eyes though.:greengrin

The chance fell to the wrong guy and it was a fantastic challenge.

It's wasn't De Graffs fault as he isn't a natural finisher. That split second made all the difference and while deeks or stokes would have tucked that away I don't think anyone else in our team would have.

It's just tough turkey and we have to swallow it as it would have made all the difference...but there's no point in dwelling on it.

I think we'll do a lot of damage this season and there are plenty of reasons to be positive.

broonie27
23-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Great tackle but it should definitely have been a goal. De Graff said the same himself in the papers. He thought he had all the time in world - he didn't!

Bad decision making and vision from De Graff IMHO.

Ritchie
23-08-2010, 06:57 AM
I dont think De Graffs feet are connected in any way to his brain, they just flail about like a Ted McMinn on acid.

Another great post BH :bitchy:

Skanko79
23-08-2010, 06:59 AM
De Graaf shat it. end off. the laddie should have flung himself at the ball. head, shoulder knee or toe any kind of contact would have put it in the net.