PDA

View Full Version : Open Uni

easty
22-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Anyone done a course before? I've been doing mines for about 4 months now, the whole things going to take about 5 years-ish.

Just wondered if anyone knows if I'm entitled to same benefits as other students, such as a student bus pass?

Pretty Boy
23-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Anyone done a course before? I've been doing mines for about 4 months now, the whole things going to take about 5 years-ish.

Just wondered if anyone knows if I'm entitled to same benefits as other students, such as a student bus pass?

You would usually have to be a full time student to take advantage of a lot of student deals. Think Lothian Buses are currently allowing anyone in further education a student bus pass though.

The financing available from the Open Uni is brilliant and a great chance for anyone to get a degree or just take a few courses for the fun of it. One of the most underrated resources available in this country.

easty
23-08-2010, 01:57 PM
You would usually have to be a full time student to take advantage of a lot of student deals. Think Lothian Buses are currently allowing anyone in further education a student bus pass though.

The financing available from the Open Uni is brilliant and a great chance for anyone to get a degree or just take a few courses for the fun of it. One of the most underrated resources available in this country.

It is good, takes up a lot of your time if you are working full time as well though. I wish I'd started 4 years rather than 4 months ago, I'd be almost finished. Enjoying it though. Even though I've an assessment due in on 1st September and I've loads to do still!