PDA

View Full Version : Hart and Deek Injuries?

Long suffering
22-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Just wondered if anyone knows how serious the injuries are? I am fearful that Hart could be out for a wee while, Deeks appeared less serious

JimBHibees
22-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Just wondered if anyone knows how serious the injuries are? I am fearful that Hart could be out for a wee while, Deeks appeared less serious

Hart looked like a trademark hamstinr injury possibly 3 weeks to a month however I think he has a reputation for this sort of injury. IMO Deeks unfortunately looked like a cruciate ligament injury with a potential 6 - 9 months rehab, obviously hope I am wrong but looked that way.

Long suffering
22-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Hart looked like a trademark hamstinr injury possibly 3 weeks to a month however I think he has a reputation for this sort of injury. IMO Deeks unfortunately looked like a cruciate ligament injury with a potential 6 - 9 months rehab, obviously hope I am wrong but looked that way.

oh jeeze i hope not, find it amazing how something like that can happen with no contact

Hibs90
22-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Deek was holding just above his knee if that helps.

BoltonHibee
22-08-2010, 08:55 PM

I doubt very much it is a cruciate.

He carried on for a while then went down again, he limped off. I think if it had been cruciate he would have been stretchered off and in a lot more pain...

ForeverHibs93
22-08-2010, 08:58 PM
I thought Deeks looked like a clas of knee's:confused:?

CraigHibee
22-08-2010, 08:58 PM
oh jeeze i hope not, find it amazing how something like that can happen with no contact

looked like he twisted it, hope its not serious

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Not necessarily sadly Bolton - if it is a lesion then you can try and walk/run it off before you break down - if it's a tear/torn ligament then that is a "stretcher off" job. From where I was sat it looked like a dead-leg type injury (I hope). But he did twist awkwardly and could not get up to reach the loose ball, which may suggest ligament damage. Really hope its either an awkward twist or dead leg.

Dirkster23
22-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Not necessarily sadly Bolton - if it is a lesion then you can try and walk/run it off before you break down - if it's a tear/torn ligament then that is a "stretcher off" job. From where I was sat it looked like a dead-leg type injury (I hope). But he did twist awkwardly and could not get up to reach the loose ball, which may suggest ligament damage. Really hope its either an awkward twist or dead leg.

Looked like a knee on knee knock, hopefully ok for next weekend.

Raymond
22-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Knee to Knee,anyone thats played football will know its ****ing sore at the time,then your fine,then its ****ing realy sore again. :cool2: Deek for the first goal v St MIDDEN:greengrin

BoltonHibee
22-08-2010, 09:21 PM

You are right, I was referring more to the tear.

the stig
22-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Deeks just picked up knock and just couldnt continue but is fine

Hart is having scan tomorrow but is expected to be out for a month

proud_and_green
22-08-2010, 10:04 PM

I thought it was a dead leg too.

Both injuries together with the sending off did show the lack of depth and flexibility within our squad.

TornadoHibby
22-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Looked like a knee on knee knock, hopefully ok for next weekend.

As someone with some personal experience of knee injuries, I concur with you Neil! :cool2:

I think Derek will be fit again soon and probably for next Saturday! :wink:

Sir David Gray
22-08-2010, 11:36 PM
I fully expect Hart to be out for around 5-6 weeks with his hamstring injury, which is a serious concern given that he is the only right back at the club right now.

We may have to consider recalling Kevin McCann from Inverness, if we're not going to sign another RB before the end of the month.

I hope Riordan is ok, because that would only leave Stokes and Nish as the only other recognised strikers at the club.

JimBHibees
23-08-2010, 10:25 AM
I doubt very much it is a cruciate.

He carried on for a while then went down again, he limped off. I think if it had been cruciate he would have been stretchered off and in a lot more pain...

Certainly hope not but to me looked like he twisted his knee. I have seen a few cruciates when players have played on for a bit then had to go off just like Deek.

Ritchie
23-08-2010, 10:29 AM
deek's is just a dead knee, watched the reply a couple of time and it was a clash of knees with no twisting.... had it happen to me loads of times... super painful but eases after a day or two. :agree:

Diclonius
23-08-2010, 10:36 AM
We may have to consider recalling Kevin McCann from Inverness, if we're not going to sign another RB before the end of the month.

If we don't, then we can forget about launching a challenge on 3rd place.

Yogi is naive or just stupid if after seeing how we went last season, and how poor our defence is as it is, he won't sign another right back.

EskbankHibby
23-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Certainly hope not but to me looked like he twisted his knee. I have seen a few cruciates when players have played on for a bit then had to go off just like Deek.

Almost certainly not thankfully JB, mechanism not consistent with a cruciate ligament injury.

Almost without exception if you rupture one of your cruciate ligaments there is IMMEDIATE swelling, the swelling is a bleed in the joint (haemarthrosis) and means you have damaged a structure with a decent blood supply.

This was not the case with Deeks, direct trauma without an episode of instability. A sore one of course but hopefully nothing sinister.

TrinityHibs
23-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Deeks injury looked like a kneecap to the soft muscle just to the inside of his own kneecap. Both my boys have suffered the injury and while it is very sore ice and levitating the knee will generally sort it out in two or three days. Looking at the replay there did not appear to be any twisting so less likely to be a cruciate injury I think.

RickyS
23-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I fully expect Hart to be out for around 5-6 weeks with his hamstring injury, which is a serious concern given that he is the only right back at the club right now.

I hope Riordan is ok, because that would only leave Stokes and Nish as the only other recognised strikers at the club.

is it as easy as just recalling him? I thought with the introduction of the "window" he could not be recalled until the next one? saying that the current one is still open! I don't know maybe i'm bletherin crap:greengrin

DAVE1875
23-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I think Wotherspoon will be moved to right back until Hart recovers

Deeks injury didn't look too serious, just one of those knocks thats stops you playing football at the time

poolman
23-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Yogi from to-days EEN

Meanwhile, Hughes was also checking today on the fitness of striker Derek Riordan and Michael Hart, both forced off with injuries.

He said: "It was a clash of knees for Derek so he should be okay but we're hoping Michael picked up a knock rather than a pull."

KinchHibee
23-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Yogi from to-days EEN

Meanwhile, Hughes was also checking today on the fitness of striker Derek Riordan and Michael Hart, both forced off with injuries.

He said: "It was a clash of knees for Derek so he should be okay but we're hoping Michael picked up a knock rather than a pull."

Wasn't a knock, he ran and stretched to knock the ball out of Papac's reach and pulled up holding his hamstring.

It's a shame because he was having an excellent game.

RoYO!
23-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Deeks came back out to watch the game. So i don't reckon it will be that bad