PDA

View Full Version : Bougherra challenge on Liam Miller

hibsboy90
22-08-2010, 08:32 PM
I normally don't mind Bougherra, seems the sort of cult hero I'd like at hibs. One of the SPL's best defenders as well.

However, he was happy to attempt all the skills, stepovers etc whilst shielding from Miller. As soon as Miller does it back, he goes straight through the back of him. From my seat it looked an awful challenge, similar to the St J's one last week v Hearts.

Anyone else think it should have been a red as well?

Ryan91
22-08-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm in complete agreement, saw from the East, looked pretty bad, bit of a leg breaker challenge really, it should have been Red, although no doubt if it had been Red, it would have been rescinded.

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2010, 08:37 PM
brutal challenge...

Bougherra's usually a solid defender but he was awful today :agree:

Couldn't keep a ball in the park, gave the ball away far too often...if only Ant & Deek could have capitalised :boo hoo:

Baw Baggio
22-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Worst challenge the whole match, wasn't a red though!

down-the-slope
22-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Clumsy if you ask me..he was quick enough to see Miller was OK and Millers reaction did not make it seem he was too bothered....

Sol & Bougie would be a great combination

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Mentioned that challenge on the match thread, McBride red, Bouggy yellow - strange!

the stig
22-08-2010, 10:06 PM
I normally don't mind Bougherra, seems the sort of cult hero I'd like at hibs. One of the SPL's best defenders as well.

However, he was happy to attempt all the skills, stepovers etc whilst shielding from Miller. As soon as Miller does it back, he goes straight through the back of him. From my seat it looked an awful challenge, similar to the St J's one last week v Hearts.

Anyone else think it should have been a red as well?

happened right in front of me and i was screaming for a red. As said, just like the st. J challenge last week

AJWisme
22-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Clumsy if you ask me..he was quick enough to see Miller was OK and Millers reaction did not make it seem he was too bothered....

Sol & Bougie would be a great combination
From what i see, this is how he gets out of sticky situations with refs. It was clumsy, but that is no reason to spare a red IMO.

Hibs Class
23-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Mentioned that challenge on the match thread, McBride red, Bouggy yellow - strange!

Explanation: McBride Green, Bouggy Blue. Simple

Hibby Bairn
23-08-2010, 07:29 AM
A yellow. Never a red. And wasn't a 'leg breaker'.

Argylehibby
23-08-2010, 11:27 AM
A yellow. Never a red. And wasn't a 'leg breaker'.

Rangers supporter at work described it as a horrible, malicious tackle that should have been a straight red and he is more biased towards them than I am towards Hibs.