PDA

View Full Version : hart de graaf and miller

churchie16
22-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Just wanted to say thought de graaf and miller played well in the midfield :agree: exspecially hart best ive seen him at RB until he got injured hope for a quick recovery.

BoltonHibee
22-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Just wanted to say thought de graaf and miller played well in the midfield :agree: exspecially hart best ive seen him at RB until he got injured hope for a quick recovery.

Hart had a cracking game today, has been steady since his arrival and as his fitness has improved has come right onto a game. It looked like a hamstring injury that he sustained and very rarely does a quick return ensue.....mores the pity.

I have seen absolutely nothing in De Graaf at all. I think his feet do not quite know what his brain is telling them. Caught on the ball too often for my liking, his passing in general is pretty poor and is too slow ( he is not on his own there). I have heard him described as a box to box midfielder.....not a chance!

Dunbar Hibee
22-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Im not so sure De Graaf is even 100 % fit yet. He will come good.:thumbsup:

HibbyRod
22-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Hart had a cracking game today, has been steady since his arrival and as his fitness has improved has come right onto a game. It looked like a hamstring injury that he sustained and very rarely does a quick return ensue.....mores the pity.

I have seen absolutely nothing in De Graaf at all. I think his feet do not quite know what his brain is telling them. Caught on the ball too often for my liking, his passing in general is pretty poor and is too slow ( he is not on his own there). I have heard him described as a box to box midfielder.....not a chance!

:agree: As things stand to date I totally agree with this.

I'm expecting much more from Edwin given the original hype surrounding his signing.

Definitely disappointing to date!

Lets hope things improve with adapting to the football in Scotland and enhanced fitness!

hibee_girl
22-08-2010, 08:12 PM

I have to agree too :agree:

I'm just hoping he gets to grip with the pace of our game soon.

PeterboroHibee
22-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Dont think De Graafs been great so far but its 2 games into the new season so far too early to come to any sort of conclusion. Had a couple of good moments though, had a great run at one point carrying the ball for a fair length of the pitch.

Thought Hart was very good, in the first half he skinned Laugherty and got in a good cross, and then the header in that McGregor just got too was brilliant. Looks solid defensively as well, and hopefully if McCann keeps up his form we will have two good options when he comes back.

random sub
22-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Miller was very good today- really committed and neat on the ball. Up there with Sol as our best player today. De Graaf and Hart need to bed in, they played okay, but not exactly wow players at this stage of their Hibs careers

trev the hat
22-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Im not so sure De Graaf is even 100 % fit yet. He will come good.:thumbsup:

Then he should not be starting.:confused:
He was a yard slow against motherwell and IMO We should have started today with Rankin purely for his fitness levels.
My biggest gripe to date with Yogi is he does not know when to play certain players in certain games. I hope he learns fast!!:grr:

hibsbollah
22-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Id give Hart a 7, De Graaf a 5 and Miller a 7. Today was all about Sol though, absolutely immense. We cant afford to let him go.

New Corrie
22-08-2010, 09:08 PM

Please tell me you are joking, the only player on the park more out of sync and more slow and hopeless than De Graaf was James Beattie. De Graaf was absolutely knickers.

7Hero
22-08-2010, 09:10 PM
de graaf looks awkward, but the pass for riordan in first half was a cracker and he has a good physical ability to him.

keep hoping i suppose

matty_f
22-08-2010, 09:15 PM
I thought De Graaf was ok, had moments where he was good, and others were he could have done better.

I think he'll get better the more games he gets under his belt.

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Id give Hart a 7, De Graaf a 5 and Miller a 7. Today was all about Sol though, absolutely immense. We cant afford to let him go.

Outstanding today and one of his best showing for Hibs. Timed his tackles to perfection, won his headers and battles in the air, and breezed through the game. Didn't deserve to be on a losing team today. Shudder to think how we will do when he goes.

RoYO!
22-08-2010, 09:19 PM

Have a look at his Maribor Volleyed goal and see if it looks like his brain and feet know what they're doing :wink:

BoltonHibee
22-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Have a look at his Maribor Volleyed goal and see if it looks like his brain and feet know what they're doing :wink:

A good goal without doubt, game was long gone by that time. Incidentally the radio pundits were praising his efforts that night after the game, not just for his goal but workrate, box to box play and his distribution. I couldnt agree with that myself.

He did play one cracking pass in the 1st half today as has already been pointed out, to Riordan.

It's not enough for me to date. Not writing him off or anything, but I am far from impressed from what I have seen of him so far.

HibeeDaz6270
22-08-2010, 09:44 PM
I was very impressed with Michael Hart today. He was solid. I havent saw anything in De Graaf yet, but hopefully he will come good. Liam miller was fantastic. His feet are so quick and he rarely wastes a pass. Fantastic player.

Sol Bamba strolled the 1st half at the back, and is starting to look more and more the complete defender. I really hope we dont lose him, as without him we would struggle, and i would love to see Stephens given a chance in beside him.

I was disapointed with wotherspoon today. Nothing really went right for him.

I was however happy with the starting line up, it is exactly what i would have went for before the game . ( Well i would have played stephens before hogg ).

I think what we lack is a player with pace, who iswilling to take a player on. A defender hates it when they have someone run at them. We had a lot of the ball today but never had a cutting edge nor did we have someone willing to take a player on. If you have some1 willing to just get there head down and run at some1 , good chance majority of the time they will pressure the defender into giving away a free kick or get the break of the ball. Its very difficult to defend. I think Galbraith is the only player we have able to do this. So next week i would swap Wotherspoon for Galbraith and Hogg for Stephens.

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2010, 09:57 PM
I was very impressed with Michael Hart today. He was solid. I havent saw anything in De Graaf yet, but hopefully he will come good. Liam miller was fantastic. His feet are so quick and he rarely wastes a pass. Fantastic player.

Sol Bamba strolled the 1st half at the back, and is starting to look more and more the complete defender. I really hope we dont lose him, as without him we would struggle, and i would love to see Stephens given a chance in beside him.

I was disapointed with wotherspoon today. Nothing really went right for him.

I was however happy with the starting line up, it is exactly what i would have went for before the game . ( Well i would have played stephens before hogg ).

I think what we lack is a player with pace, who iswilling to take a player on. A defender hates it when they have someone run at them. We had a lot of the ball today but never had a cutting edge nor did we have someone willing to take a player on. If you have some1 willing to just get there head down and run at some1 , good chance majority of the time they will pressure the defender into giving away a free kick or get the break of the ball. Its very difficult to defend. I think Galbraith is the only player we have able to do this. So next week i would swap Wotherspoon for Galbraith and Hogg for Stephens.

I imagine Wotherspoon will be right back next week, with a midfield of Galbraith, miller, rankin, de graaf, and stokes and nish up front

malcky
22-08-2010, 10:16 PM

thought he had a good second half, convinced he will have a good season

HibeeDaz6270
22-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I imagine Wotherspoon will be right back next week, with a midfield of Galbraith, miller, rankin, de graaf, and stokes and nish up front

I forgot about Hart being injured. SO yes wotherspoon right back. Stephens in for Hogg. Galbraith in for Hart.

Thats what i would go for. I hope we dont play nish. I just dont rate the guy at all.

Big Frank
22-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Still to be convinced about de graaf. Certainly not seen the player Yogi described. Hoping he's finding his feet, but have a feeling he's shot his bolt (hence coming to scotland).

TornadoHibby
22-08-2010, 10:43 PM

McBrde was superb until he was sent off IMO and De Graaf is (IMO) a very useful and hard working midfielder who will improve as his fitness levels improve but (IMO) did good today even accounting for the "goal he never scored"! :agree:

lucky
22-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Today was Harts best game for Hibs looks a good signing. Miller outstanding for an hour De Graff looks a yard of the pace of the game. A bit like stokes at the start of last season. But I think he will get better with games.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm not as diplomatic as Bolton, so far imho De Graff has been humpty, i don't see a box to box midfielder, i see a plodder with little football ability. His feet don't seem to work, and i have yet to see him win a decent tackle. Perhaps he needs to adjust to the Scottish game, but if so i hope he hurries up.

Holmesdale Hibs
22-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Miller and Hart were excellent. I was worried Miller was going to get sent off at one point though.

De Graff needs time to settle. I'm not an expert on dutch football but I am guessing its very different to the SPL. He looked good in the Euro game which is maybe closer to what he's used to. I remember some people on here saying similar things about Stokes last season and he turned out ok. Lets reserve judgement on De Graff until later in the season.

Callum_62
23-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Geez, hes only 2 games into his SPL career....I seem to remeber thinking Latas was caught in possession far too much when he fist signed....he turned out OK...

the pace of the SPL is far different from the dutch league....given time, he'll be an asset....Always wise ti give overseas players 2-3 months to adjust to the game.

Mind you, Hibs fans usually give them 2-3 minutes! :greengrin

Hart was excellent today, as was Miller....Mcbrides red card changed the game for me.

Cod Boy
23-08-2010, 08:23 AM
is it just me or had nish missed the chance de graff did there would be a 12 page thread slating him:dunno:

khib70
23-08-2010, 08:34 AM
is it just me or had nish missed the chance de graff did there would be a 12 page thread slating him:dunno:
:yawn:Yes, congratulations. You are the 200th member of the Nish fanclub to post this keech. De Graaf didn't miss anything. He was dispossessed by a brilliant tackle from Boughera. Nish would have been a) flagged for offside or b) flat on his erchie by the time the ball came over. The appetite for defending the indefensible on here is amazing.

De Graaf has played two SPL games and four competitive matches in all. He's scored two goals, but the people who've defended Nish's utter inadequacy for nearly two years are willing to write him off after such a short period. Madness. Clearly he still has to adjust to the Scottish game, but it's equally clear there's a player in there. With Nish, it appears there's a broken clockwork toy soldier in there.

Couldn't agree more with most posters about Miller and Hart. Both were excellent and used the ball intelligently, at least until we gave up after the first goal, Bamba was as good as I've ever seen him - absolutely immense and never in trouble. He needs a better partner though, as Hogg was yards behind the play throughout.

Disappointing score, which flattered the Hun considerably, but quite a few positves to take forward, IMO

Expecting Rain
23-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Hart looked like he could do a good job for Hibs at right back, De Graaf.........the best thing i could say about him was that he was involved and didn`t hide, give him the benefit of the doubt he`s only 2 SPL matches into the campaign,Bamba and Miller both gave 100% and will need the same commitment from others if we are to beat the best of the rest, another couple of positives in my opinion were the performances of Brown and Galbraith, we still have Zemmama to come back and on the big pitch he could be devestating.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Bamba and Hart were the only players that got pass marks for me. Very encouraged by the performance from Hart. As for De Graaf? I haven't seen anything from him at all. Non existent in the Motherwell game. Early days though.

marinello59
23-08-2010, 11:21 AM
I actually thought de Graaf had a good game and was one of our best players yesterday. And before anybody asks, yes, I was sober.:greengrin
Ach, you'll all be singing his praises soon.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 11:24 AM
I actually thought de Graaf had a good game and was one of our best players yesterday. And before anybody asks, yes, I was sober.:greengrin
Ach, you'll all be singing his praises soon.

Same here, but I also thought Stokes was OK, so maybe I'm needing to visit Specsavers.:greengrin

IWasThere2016
23-08-2010, 12:32 PM

I'm not as diplomatic as Bolton, so far imho De Graff has been humpty, i don't see a box to box midfielder, i see a plodder with little football ability. His feet don't seem to work, and i have yet to see him win a decent tackle. Perhaps he needs to adjust to the Scottish game, but if so i hope he hurries up.

:faf: - both these had me laughing out loud. Have to agree.