PDA

View Full Version : The evil weed

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2010, 07:47 PM
How good was it for us poor long suffering social lepers to be allowed out the back of the East for a fag at half time.

Was told by a steward that it was only for this game coz there was a burger van outside the stand.

C'mon Hibs ... today was a prime example of how simple it is to let folk out for a puff at half time, so please make it a regular thing.

:cb

Jamie
22-08-2010, 07:49 PM
How good was it for us poor long suffering social lepers to be allowed out the back of the East for a fag at half time.

Was told by a steward that it was only for this game coz there was a burger van outside the stand.

C'mon Hibs ... today was a prime example of how simple it is to let folk out for a puff at half time, so please make it a regular thing.

Instead the bogs will be filled with smoke with a waste of stewards policing it :grr:

RickyS
22-08-2010, 07:53 PM

was going to post this too, i said to a steward on the way out - Jeez common sense has prevailed! he said no it husnae it is just for today. it worked a treat and did not seem to hard to police and as someone else has said, people can see where the are pissin cos us bad people don't need to go into the bogs for a fly one!

HibeePaj
22-08-2010, 09:52 PM
cant you just stop smoking ? :confused:

:offski::offski::offski:
:whistle:

iwasthere1972
22-08-2010, 10:00 PM

Suggested that earlier on today. Not only would it stop folk from smoking in the toilets and wasting stewards time checking on them it would also make more space in the concourse for fans buying food or using the toilets.

It makes sense. After all it is outside and would not be a fire risk as far as I can tell.

iwasthere1972
22-08-2010, 10:04 PM
folk that smoke in bogs in football stadiums shouldn't be allowed out the mental home they come from..

Well they don't get Sky or ESPN where I am and I'm always back on time. So there. :dummytit:

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-08-2010, 05:41 AM
2hrs without a fag, what a hardship!

Hibercelona
23-08-2010, 05:48 AM

Indeed. Those poor souls.

Imagine all that clean oxygen they have to endure for a couple of hours.... its horrifying.

Callum_62
23-08-2010, 06:34 AM
as an recent ex smoker...give them a break ffs....its a seriously addictive drug.

:grr:

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2010, 06:50 AM
as an recent ex smoker...give them a break ffs....its a seriously addictive drug.

How do smokers manage to go on holiday abroad? You can't just nip out the back door of an aeroplane...

Callum_62
23-08-2010, 07:03 AM
drink therselves into a stooper? :greengrin

Frazerbob
23-08-2010, 08:36 AM
The gates at the East can be closed so there is no access during the game therefor no reason for this not to happen every game. Makes for a better experience for smokers and non-smokers alike so why would anyone have a problem?

iwasthere1972
23-08-2010, 09:43 AM

Indeed. Those poor souls.

Imagine all that clean oxygen they have to endure for a couple of hours.... its horrifying.

Well on that basis how's about not serving food. If folk can't last for 2 hours without having a pie or a pizza then got pity then. :agree:

It's a smoke outside we are talking about here and not doing anybody (except ourselves) any harm.

Moody Mulder
23-08-2010, 09:55 AM
presumably all the folks having a go at us smokers dinnae drive a motor vehicle where what comes out the exhaust is far more noxious than fag smoke !!!

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2010, 09:59 AM
The gates at the East can be closed so there is no access during the game therefor no reason for this not to happen every game. Makes for a better experience for smokers and non-smokers alike so why would anyone have a problem?

:agree: As someone who has never smoked, its not something that bothers me, but the space out the back is enclosed, so shouldn't pose any problems and does stop the bogs becoming a place folk will smoke in, something i don't like.

Ritchie
23-08-2010, 10:00 AM
bring back capital punishment..... smokers must die!!

:devil:

RickyS
23-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Well on that basis how's about not serving food. If folk can't last for 2 hours without having a pie or a pizza then got pity then. :agree:

It's a smoke outside we are talking about here and not doing anybody (except ourselves) any harm.

what he said:top marks

Holmesdale Hibs
23-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Seems like a good idea to me. We should be doing everything we can to make give our fans a good experience.

I'm not a smoker myself but if people want to smoke in an area where I won't notice then I'm all for it.

SlickShoes
23-08-2010, 10:17 AM
presumably all the folks having a go at us smokers dinnae drive a motor vehicle where what comes out the exhaust is far more noxious than fag smoke !!!

I dont demand to be able to drive my car at the back of the stadium at half time though and i can usually last 2 hours without the need to drive.

SlickShoes
23-08-2010, 10:21 AM

Serving food makes money for hibs, letting people smoke does not, unless they start to sell cigarettes at half time?

marinello59
23-08-2010, 10:24 AM
:agree: As someone who has never smoked, its not something that bothers me, but the space out the back is enclosed, so shouldn't pose any problems and does stop the bogs becoming a place folk will smoke in, something i don't like.

:agree: If there is a commonsense and easily policed solution that keeps everybody happy it should be used.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Maybe I should have put one of these on my 1st post :stirrer:! 'cos I couldnae give a flying one whether folk smoke or not! :greengrin

greenlex
23-08-2010, 06:25 PM
It Could only happen in the east and west where the outside area is able to be closed off. The poor away fans and folks In the Famous Five wouldn't be able to fo it so for that reason it wong happen.

NAE NOOKIE
23-08-2010, 09:14 PM
How do smokers manage to go on holiday abroad? You can't just nip out the back door of an aeroplane...

Eh .. you just have to suffer. Answered your own question too I see.

What I find strange is the non smokers who post on threads like these and seem to take pleasure out of the fact that smokers cant have a fag at the game, even though what the club needs to do to make this happen would cause them no problems or inconvenience at all.

I know many people are anti smoking which is fine. I have many friends who dont allow smoking in their houses, which is fine. Oot the back for a fag it is. They dont tell me I cant go into the garden for a fag coz they know it would spoil my visit to their house.

Thats all I ask from Hibs.

The Hibs family is it ?

jdships
23-08-2010, 09:22 PM
How do people "survive" on a longhaul flight without a fag ?
I'm an ex 30/40 a day man by the way .:greengrin

mcaitchi
23-08-2010, 09:40 PM

What I find strange is the non smokers who post on threads like these and seem to take pleasure out of the fact that smokers cant have a fag at the game, even though what the club needs to do to make this happen would cause them no problems or inconvenience at all.

I know many people are anti smoking which is fine. I have many friends who dont allow smoking in their houses, which is fine. Oot the back for a fag it is. They dont tell me I cant go into the garden for a fag coz they know it would spoil my visit to their house.

The Hibs family is it ?

ANY Real Family - Wouldnt Mind You Nipping out the Back For a PUFF !!!!

mcaitchi
23-08-2010, 09:42 PM
AND WATCHING HIBS !!!!

IT`S ENUF TO MAKE PEOPLE START SMOKING :grr:

CallumLaidlaw
23-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm a non-smoker and never have, but I think if the club could do what they did on sunday, all the time then they should. I'm sure the same amount of stewards they use checking the toilets at half time, could police this.
When me and my dad saw this on sunday, we both said what common sense it was.

DH1875
24-08-2010, 08:23 PM
It Could only happen in the east and west where the outside area is able to be closed off. The poor away fans and folks In the Famous Five wouldn't be able to fo it so for that reason it wong happen.

It wouldn't be a problem if they made the FF a family stand as suggested in other threads. As for the away fans **** em.
Anyway have I just been an ignorant pig for the last few years as always been able to have a smoke in the east, even last season.

It's simples really, have a few and go to sleep. The way I get round it is to stay up for as long as possible and just before get on the plane take a couple of sleeping tablets. Not really the best thing to do if going to watch the football.

Thing I've never understood is why is it against the law to smoke at the football? You are in an outdoor space. Is it not like going down the pub and sitting in the beer garden.
If it's to much of a problem they could have like a smoking section where only 18+ can go and they don't sell food or anything.

steviehfc
25-08-2010, 09:23 AM

:grr:So's smack, but they don't let you shoot up at the back of the stands either. :wink::greengrin

Sandy
25-08-2010, 10:02 AM

The Hibs family is it ?

:agree: The set up they have at Pittodrie works fine, half time just nip down the stairs at the back of our section of the South and puff away to your hearts content. Got stopped by a steward at Hampden at half time during a Scotland match, wide open space at the back of the West (I think) :grr:

Eggchaser
25-08-2010, 10:59 AM
As a smoker, I am extremely grateful they do not show Hibs games on long haul flights. That would be too much.

heretoday
25-08-2010, 11:15 AM

Overindulge in drink and food instead to fill the gap.

iwasthere1972
25-08-2010, 11:40 AM
As a vegetarian I suggest that Hibs have an outside area at Easter Road for meat pie scoffers and Bovril drinkers.

bighairyfaeleith
25-08-2010, 11:52 AM
As a vegetarian I suggest that Hibs have an outside area at Easter Road for meat pie scoffers and Bovril drinkers.

As a meat eater I suggest we have a vegetable patch out the back for the weirdos:greengrin

God Petrie
25-08-2010, 11:54 AM
As a thin person, I'm going to write to Hibs to complain about the fat *******s who munch away at 4 pies during the game. I find them repulsive to look at and they are damaging their health by doing so.

Peevemor
25-08-2010, 11:57 AM
As a man, I think they should have wee kitchens out the back for women to do the dishes, ironing, etc.

iwasthere1972
25-08-2010, 12:01 PM
As a slim person I am writing to my mate Rodders asking if all fat Hibs supporters could be housed in either the FF or West Stand and must at all times not remove their tops.

vahibbie
25-08-2010, 12:37 PM
bring back capital punishment..... smokers must die!!

:devil:

Apparently they will.....then again so will everyone else:wink:

I wonder if the HUNS end was totally non-smoking. Bet the stewards din't jump all over them.

StevieC
25-08-2010, 03:15 PM
What I find strange is the non smokers who post on threads like these and seem to take pleasure out of the fact that smokers cant have a fag at the game

It'll be pleasure at not having to endure cigarette smoke rather than pleasure at your discomfort.

When smokers hit the toilets I am left having to make the difficult decision of having my 4 year old pee himself or risk his health by subjecting him to potentially fatal cigarette fumes.

The selfish smokers answer to this dilema is that if the club gave them somewhere to smoke they wouldn't need to do it in the toilets .. errr no .. you don't do it in the toilets regardless .. respect those that do not want to subject themselves or their children to dangerous fumes!

Just you wait for the first game that it's pishing down and see how many of the smokers utilise their "smoking area" and how many decide they'll hit the bogs regardless.

:hmmm:

hibee_nation
25-08-2010, 03:57 PM
It'll be pleasure at not having to endure cigarette smoke rather than pleasure at your discomfort.

When smokers hit the toilets I am left having to make the difficult decision of having my 4 year old pee himself or risk his health by subjecting him to potentially fatal cigarette fumes.

The selfish smokers answer to this dilema is that if the club gave them somewhere to smoke they wouldn't need to do it in the toilets .. errr no .. you don't do it in the toilets regardless .. respect those that do not want to subject themselves or their children to dangerous fumes!

Just you wait for the first game that it's pishing down and see how many of the smokers utilise their "smoking area" and how many decide they'll hit the bogs regardless.

:hmmm:

Nothing like taking it too extremes ffs, what a real dilema, i would just let the laddie pee himself he will thank you for it in the long term saving his health, not.
PS i have a 5 year old lassie and would suffer any amount of fag smoke briefly to allow her to use the toilet.

StevieC
25-08-2010, 04:33 PM
It is extremes but the bottom line is you have to make a parental decision on the health of your child because of the selfishness of others. You, as a smoker, choose to subject your daughter to toxic cigarette fumes ... I, as a non smoker, choose not to subject my son to the fumes.
You seem to be missing the point though ... why should either of us have to make the decision?

hibee_nation
25-08-2010, 04:42 PM
It is extremes but the bottom line is you have to make a parental decision on the health of your child because of the selfishness of others. You, as a smoker, choose to subject your daughter to toxic cigarette fumes ... I, as a non smoker, choose not to subject my son to the fumes.
You seem to be missing the point though ... why should either of us have to make the decision?

Sorry dude i don't smoke, i gave up fags to protect her from my bad habit. Let them smoke out the back and both our kids can enjoy a smoke free pee, enforce the ban and we suffer. As an ex smoker i think they would respect the no smoking anywhere inside if they were allowed a puff outside. You are luckier than me having a laddie just let him pee up against the wall and say it used to be ok in the east :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
25-08-2010, 04:43 PM
So's smack, but they don't let you shoot up at the back of the stands either. :wink::greengrin

Eh ... Never being one to miss a chance to state the bleedin' obvious I would have to say smack is illegal, baccy aint.

hibee_nation
25-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Eh ... Never being one to miss a chance to state the bleedin' obvious I would have to say smack is illegal, baccy aint.

So is hash but a good load of it was smoked. I was always so jealous of the guys smoking the sweet smelll of grass and me wi ma soap bar tosh. :greengrin

down-the-slope
25-08-2010, 05:30 PM
As a thin person, I'm going to write to Hibs to complain about the fat *******s who munch away at 4 pies during the game. I find them repulsive to look at and they are damaging their health by doing so.

to say nothing of blocking my view as they go up and down for grub...and having filled up get up and down again to empty the tanks :grr::grr:

StevieC
25-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Sorry dude i don't smoke, i gave up fags to protect her from my bad habit. Let them smoke out the back and both our kids can enjoy a smoke free pee, enforce the ban and we suffer. As an ex smoker i think they would respect the no smoking anywhere inside if they were allowed a puff outside. You are luckier than me having a laddie just let him pee up against the wall and say it used to be ok in the east :greengrin

Well done. :thumbsup:

I agree as well, providing somewhere would ease the situation.

To be honest, I usually take him down before the half-time whistle if I think smokers are going to be a problem. The annoying part though is that I'm missing part of the game because of the actions of others.

DH1875
25-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Still don't get how you can't smoke at the football when you are outside in an open space. I can walk down the street and its ok. I can sit in the park it's ok. I can sit in the beer garden and it's ok. I can even sit on the benches outside McDonalds/Burger King etc... and that's ok.
The club should section of a bit of the East and let everyone know it's the smoking section. Make it over 18s only and there's no kids having to breath in the smoke when they go for a pee.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Still don't get how you can't smoke at the football when you are outside in an open space. I can walk down the street and its ok. I can sit in the park it's ok. I can sit in the beer garden and it's ok. I can even sit on the benches outside McDonalds/Burger King etc... and that's ok.
The club should section of a bit of the East and let everyone know it's the smoking section. Make it over 18s only and there's no kids having to breath in the smoke when they go for a pee.

No thanks, out the back yes, but not near me please.

marinello59
25-08-2010, 06:02 PM

Nothing to do with the club. The stands are closed in on three sides so have to comply with the relevant anti-smoking regulation.

DH1875
25-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Nothing to do with the club. The stands are closed in on three sides so have to comply with the relevant anti-smoking regulation.

Not quite sure the three sides think has anything to do with it. The smoking section at my local is enclosed all the way round. Just dosen't have a roof. In fact was thinking about it and a lot of places are like it, stops people sneaking in the back door.
Had a look at the scottish government web site and it said this regarding stadiums,

Due to the variation in the design of stadia in relation to the seating or standing area of the ground, some stadia may be substantially enclosed while some are not. We would suggest that stadia owners take their own legal advice on whether their stadium is caught by the legislation as well as talking to the enforcement officers from their local authority. All wholly or substantially enclosed areas within the stadia complex will require to be smoke-free.

I got to say that the new east isn't wholly or even substantially enclosed.

MSK
25-08-2010, 06:30 PM
The club should section of a bit of the East and let everyone know it's the smoking section. Make it over 18s only and there's no kids having to breath in the smoke when they go for a pee.Jeez ..we will have more sections than the Royal Ed at that rate ...Smoking section ..Singing Section..Standing Section..Sitting Section ...:confused:

marinello59
25-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Not quite sure the three sides think has anything to do with it. The smoking section at my local is enclosed all the way round. Just dosen't have a roof. In fact was thinking about it and a lot of places are like it, stops people sneaking in the back door.
Had a look at the scottish government web site and it said this regarding stadiums,

Due to the variation in the design of stadia in relation to the seating or standing area of the ground, some stadia may be substantially enclosed while some are not. We would suggest that stadia owners take their own legal advice on whether their stadium is caught by the legislation as well as talking to the enforcement officers from their local authority. All wholly or substantially enclosed areas within the stadia complex will require to be smoke-free.

I got to say that the new east isn't wholly or even substantially enclosed.

It has a roof and three sides, therefore it is defined as an enclosed space.

Banff
25-08-2010, 08:35 PM
It has a roof and three sides, therefore it is defined as an enclosed space.

Aye but out the back like at the current buns game?

marinello59
25-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Aye but out the back like at the current buns game?

Makes perfect sense. Everybody is happy.:thumbsup:

Banff
25-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Makes perfect sense. Everybody is happy.:thumbsup:

Your actually quite cool! hahahahahaha

hibby64
25-08-2010, 08:49 PM
dont get this two sided argument,i travel up every two weeks from newcastle cant smoke in station on train in hibs club or ground was in east and a pleasure to have a fag half time hurting no one so those who complain grow up or piss of:bye:

marinello59
25-08-2010, 08:53 PM
dont get this two sided argument,i travel up every two weeks from newcastle cant smoke in station on train in hibs club or ground was in east and a pleasure to have a fag half time hurting no one so those who complain grow up or piss of:bye:

Excellent point.:agree:
Everybody who doesn't agree with hibby64, grow up or piss off.:greengrin

Banff
25-08-2010, 08:55 PM

maybe not!

iwasthere1972
25-08-2010, 08:58 PM
[/B]

We could do both in the old east. Multi tasking. Fag in one hand and .....................

hibby64
25-08-2010, 09:02 PM
[/B]

top man:greengrin

Bostonhibby
25-08-2010, 09:10 PM
I thought this another one about Alan McGregor

marinello59
25-08-2010, 09:21 PM
I thought this another one about Alan McGregor

No, you are looking for the ''Cheating hun who gets beat up by his Burrrrrrrrrd'' thread.

Bostonhibby
25-08-2010, 09:26 PM
No, you are looking for the ''Cheating hun who gets beat up by his Burrrrrrrrrd'' thread.

Ah, thanks, now I see, not the Scots patriot of the decade shortlist thread then......

Sandy
26-08-2010, 06:09 AM

Banff you know him, and I can confidently predict that you are the 1st person in his life that has called him cool :faf: J flying back home today mate :thumbsup:

marinello59
26-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Banff you know him, and I can confidently predict that you are the 1st person in his life that has called him cool :faf: J flying back home today mate :thumbsup:

He is.:agree: It takes a certain amount of effort to be this uncool.

Don't forget your wallet Sandy, it's your round.:thumbsup:

Sandy
26-08-2010, 07:44 AM
He is.:agree: It takes a certain amount of effort to be this uncool.

Don't forget your wallet Sandy, it's your round.:thumbsup:

You carry it off so well though, I will remember the wallet this time honest :party:

mcaitchi
26-08-2010, 10:06 PM
:boo hoo:please let us lepers outside at halftime !!!

otherwise we do or join in with any pitch invasion !!! (get a fly puff)

oh 2 be a smoker !!!

ps- i dont encourage any smoking with my advert neither do i promote smoking !! but - smokers and drinkers were the backbone of the nhs and footballl lol !!!!

we smokers and drinkers have kept these clubs - alive for years !!

how much have crowds dropped since the smoking ban = anyone ??

now we all expected to sit on our bums / non smoking - but ok to eat "burgers" and drink pepsi !!!

goodbye the east stand - that was one thing that was hibs and old fashioned fitba !! - welcome the "HOT- DOG and "FRIES WITH THAT" football xx:grr:

yes im angry :bye: