Best player in the SPL?

Cocaine&Caviar
22-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Looks like a decent player.

Best player in the SPL?

Steven Davis IMO.

davym7062
22-08-2010, 06:58 PM
thought he was really good. some hibby should have kicked him early doors tho:agree:

gringojoe
22-08-2010, 06:58 PM
He did look different class, early days though so here is hoping he turns out to be pants.

Ritchie
22-08-2010, 06:59 PM

Best player in the SPL?

I'd say he's far better than any of celtics new signings :agree:

Twiglet
22-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Dunno about best in the SPL simply because I've not seen any of Celtics new signings yet, but he looked v good. Rangers looked so much better after he came on. Don't really get why they didn't start him, unless he's goign to be their "supersub".

Wotherspiniesta
22-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Can't believe they managed to bring him in to be honest. :grr:

Cracking player already. His take from Miller's pass for their second was immense.

Hope his stay in the SPL is short, unless we sign him of couse :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2010, 07:01 PM

Best player in the SPL?

a bit early to say....given he's only had 20 mins

Looked a good player though :agree:

HibbyAndy
22-08-2010, 07:08 PM
a bit early to say....given he's only had 20 mins

Looked a good player though :agree:

Correct.

Are we basing this on 20 mins?..Galbraith came on at Darkeid and netted the winner and looked the bizz. (not saying he's not BTW).

Far to early for assumptions.

Frogga
22-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah looks a great wee player, reminds me of the kind of standard of player the Old Firm had quite regularly. Shows how poor they've got lately when he's already one of their top stars.

I was cringing though when the Rangers fans were :not worth-ing him 10mins into his career there.

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 07:16 PM
He looked a good wee player but let's be honest enough and realistic to say that any player with pace (Humphreys last week, Goodwillie, Driver,Templeton,Novo) will trouble any player bar Sol Bamba in that Hibs defence. He does look a very gifted player, but I just thought of wee Ivan every time he picked up the ball. The currants were out their seats hanging on his every touch and burst. We were the same with the wee man (and to an extent Zemmama). Hibs lack pace and speed to trouble players like Weir and Bougherra. Good player made to look good due to players constantly standing off scared to put a foot in IMHO. Good tactics by Walter Mitty too and gave his side added momentum. We put on Nish - says it all (christ I am in an awful mood the night :bitchy:)

Wotherspiniesta
22-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah looks a great wee player, reminds me of the kind of standard of player the Old Firm had quite regularly. Shows how poor they've got lately when he's already one of their top stars.

I was cringing though when the Rangers fans were :not worth-ing him 10mins into his career there.

:agree:

About as cringy as the Hertz fans " One Kevin Kyle" after he shoulderbarged a couple of defenders and scored a penalty yesterday. :bye:

BoltonHibee
22-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Watched him last year several times in the EPL. Bolton were trying hard to get him again on loan for this season along with Wilshire. They failed (unfortunately).

I cannot believe the Huns got him. He will be one of, if not THE most entertaining players in the SPL. a great coup!!

He is at his best if played as an out and out winger. He will rip most, if not all fullbacks in the SPL, a new one.

zelda
22-08-2010, 07:39 PM
was at city v bolton a couple of seasons ago and that was Weiss's first ever game for city. He looked class even then.

Irish_Steve
22-08-2010, 07:45 PM
I saw him single handedly destroy Northern Ireland (not hard mind!) ina game at Windsor Park - I think he will shine up here until one of the Jambo`s thugs half the poor wee blighter

PeterboroHibee
22-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Hes a superb player and for me will probably be the best player in the division this year. He is so exciting to watch, hes quick and he has so much skill; look at the movement, touch and awareness of Miller for their second goal today, apart from the fact it was against us it was a very good goal.

So gutted thats where hes gone though, hate the huns and to have a player like that is so annoying.