PDA

View Full Version : Todays performance

Ozyhibby
22-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Obviously everyone is a little bit p***ed off at getting beat today especially with the refereeing decisions that went against us but I think there were a lot of positive to take from today.
For the first hour we played well and the shape of the team was good. Stokes up front on his own with deek supporting from the left is the way we should set up every week. It allowed us to control the midfield better.
I thought that Hogg probably had his best game in a year although I still think he needs replaced.
Galbraith played well when he came on.
Sol Bamba was outstanding.
We still need another couple of first team players including a left back but all in all there is a lot to look forward to this season as I don't see anything from the rest of the league outside the OF that makes me think we won't be challenging for 3rd.
Cheer up everyone.

Albion Hibs
22-08-2010, 05:32 PM
I think Murray coming back will be significant for us, he was one of our most consistant players last year, may even open the door to hanlon taking a CB slot.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I thought even at 1-0 down we looked ok but Yogis decision to take off Hanlon and replace him with Nish when we were at that very moment about to lose Hart to injury was baffling. This effectively left us with only 2 recognised defenders on the park.

Obviously we had to go for it but we were left totally exposed and more goals were inevitable especially wwith the pace of Weiss coming on(who looks a player by the way).

Not wanting to turn this into a Yogi bashing thread, just making an observation of what i thought was a bit of a tactical mistake. I actually thought the starting formation and line up was good today.

Albion Hibs
22-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I thought even at 1-0 down we looked ok but Yogis decision to take off Hanlon and replace him with Nish when we were at that very moment about to lose Hart to injury was baffling. This effectively left us with only 2 recognised defenders on the park.

Obviously we had to go for it but we were left totally exposed and more goals were inevitable especially wwith the pace of Weiss coming on(who looks a player by the way).

Not wanting to turn this into a Yogi bashing thread, just making an observation of what i thought was a bit of a tactical mistake. I actually thought the starting formation and line up was good today.

Agreed. Granted we had gone one behind but there was nothing that would make me think we could not have taken a goal off them. I do think Nish should have come on in saying that. I thought Stokes and Deek did very little to trouble the rangers CH. Last week we consistantly ruffled the to CH, I think we should not have changed a winning team :confused:

Barney McGrew
22-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Yogis decision to take off Hanlon and replace him with Nish when we were at that very moment about to lose Hart to injury was baffling

Hanlon put an ice pack on his leg as soon as he came off, which may have had a lot to do with his substitution :cool2:

hibernator
22-08-2010, 06:03 PM
We were doing pretty good but McBride needs to have a look at himself, he was daft! even if it was a dubious sending off, he had been instrumental in stopping them playing and getting us going, there's not much you can do re injuries so in general I would say the team were performing well until all the changes took effect, we will do alright using that formation.... if we can keep the starting 11 together....... and if we can add better players along with Zoomer back playing well, maybe challenge for 3rd:thumbsup: