PDA

View Full Version : Pre Match Music

Mikey
22-08-2010, 04:13 PM
I thought it was great :greengrin

PC Stamp
22-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Aye ... the Sex Pistols & the Clash over the PA. More of that please! :thumbsup:

skipster7
22-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I thought it was great :greengrin
wish they would turn it of once the teams are out though.it was still on when we kicked off:grr:
could have done with a wee chance for a song before KO imo

Suse_hibs
22-08-2010, 05:29 PM
I was a wee bit disappointed by the pre-match music and I may be showing my age, but the music being played just sounded like noise in the West. More so because the fans in the East were looking tremendous while belting out Hibs songs. If the DJ had been playing a Hibs/Proclaimers tune it may have encouraged the rest of the ground to join in.

booshsutton
22-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Thought it was top notch before the game with all the punk numbers, could have been heading into CBGB in 1979.... Didn't think too much of the Prodigy number at half time when the players were coming back out where they blanked out the words and it said "we are hibernian"...was all a bit real radio jingle-ish for me

marinello59
22-08-2010, 05:43 PM
I loved it and so did my wife.:thumbsup:
Would have preferred it turned off a few minutes earlier though, the noise pouring out of the East would have been even more enjoyable.

Gala Foxes
22-08-2010, 06:17 PM
agree - Jam , Clash, Undertones - top quality

Tattie
22-08-2010, 06:24 PM
What was that Prodigy song? I initially thought it was Pendulum. Doing my head in!

RIP
22-08-2010, 07:23 PM
What was that Prodigy song? I initially thought it was Pendulum. Doing my head in!

Invaders must die - more of that and Pendulum too please :thumbsup:

California-Hibs
22-08-2010, 07:52 PM
I was going to start a thread aswel commenting on the music. Absolutly loved it! It was great to have a change of tunes! They done really well! :agree:

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Loved it too especially the Pistols. Just to finish it off they could have played The Queen is Dead by The Smiths and watched the unwashed go tonto :greengrin

Tattie
22-08-2010, 08:02 PM

Thanks, Pendulum would aweeeeeeesome!

HibeePaj
22-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah was wanting to say something about the music aswell..thought it was class, invaders must die, one step beyond, bit kasabian. Really got me going :). Keep it up hibs !! :)

RCNG
22-08-2010, 11:27 PM

Did you hear the "we are....HIBERNIAN" part instead of the proper line which is "we are the prodigy"?

Thought it was brill!!!

Frazerbob
23-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Agree re the pre-match music being good however I still think the ten minutes before the teams come out should be Hibs related tunes only then, once the teams are out, kill the music completely and let the fans take over.

cheltenhamhibee
23-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Loved it too especially the Pistols. Just to finish it off they could have played The Queen is Dead by The Smiths and watched the unwashed go tonto :greengrin

:top marksthat would've been cracking lol, Petrie get it sorted for their return :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
23-08-2010, 10:49 AM
While i agree the tunes were brilliant, my one complaint would be it was too loud or it was in the FF.

I was trying to get a few folk to join in with the singing from the East but it just seemed totally overpowered by the music blaring from the PA. I'm sure folk in the East didn't notice but the rest of the ground could barely hear a thing from you pre game, despite the fact it was obvious you were singing, because of how loud the music was.

Mikey
23-08-2010, 11:25 AM
I also thought Gavin did a decent job of trying to get the fans involved. When reading the teams out he was looking for a cheer after each name was read out and it was reasonably successful. That's for the fans to get right though next time :wink:

And the "supporters" near me who booed Hogg's name would be better off just keeping quiet!

Perhaps a combination of Sunday's music, some Hibs songs in the 5 or 10 mins before kick off, and no music when the players come out is closer to the answer.

Hibstrooper
23-08-2010, 11:29 AM
To be honest I could hardly hear a thing at the back of the East. Music was ok but trying to listen to any announcements was impossible - couldn't make out what was being said.

Hope they are still working on the PA system in the East

norhfc
23-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Sex Pistols came over loud and clear on sky....brilliant,had some foreigners over for a game last year and they commented on how good it was to hear something a bit different at games.Keep it up :thumbsup:

Alfred E Newman
23-08-2010, 07:24 PM
For what its worth I thought the racket blaring over the tanoy prior to yesterdays game was diabolical. Why does it have to be so loud. I was trying to make conversation with the guys behind me in the West that I hadn`t seen since last season, but gave up as it was impossible to hear over the din.
This policy of deafening music right up to the split second the teams kick off does absolutely nothing to boost the atmosphere, infact the opposite , as the game suddenly starts in a deafening silence.
Another thing, why no "Sunshine on Leith" ? Surely if music has to be played up to kick off it should be something to get the crowd going. With the opening of the new stand a rousing rendition of our anthem would have been more than appropriate.

Phil D. Rolls
23-08-2010, 07:35 PM
It's only taken 33 years but at last the white heat of punk rock is searing in the stands at Easter Road. Oh Bondage Up Yours? It is now!!

degenerated
23-08-2010, 07:41 PM
For what its worth I thought the racket blaring over the tanoy prior to yesterdays game was diabolical. Why does it have to be so loud. I was trying to make conversation with the guys behind me in the West that I hadn`t seen since last season, but gave up as it was impossible to hear over the din.
This policy of deafening music right up to the split second the teams kick off does absolutely nothing to boost the atmosphere, infact the opposite , as the game suddenly starts in a deafening silence.
Another thing, why no "Sunshine on Leith" ? Surely if music has to be played up to kick off it should be something to get the crowd going. With the opening of the new stand a rousing rendition of our anthem would have been more than appropriate.

i think you have answered your own question there :greengrin

loud music up to kick off seems to work elsewhere :dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjtU5Ez3da0

degenerated
23-08-2010, 07:44 PM
It's only taken 33 years but at last the white heat of punk rock is searing in the stands at Easter Road. Oh Bondage Up Yours? It is now!!

we could even go with some local stuff :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCogQXyAl8g

stuart
23-08-2010, 09:35 PM
what happened to sunshine on leith:confused:

Sas_The_Hibby
23-08-2010, 09:46 PM
what happened to sunshine on leith:confused:

Sunshine On Leith every week just doesn't work - they tried that a couple of seasons ago and it just became routine and, frankly, a bit embarassing. Keep it for derbies and European games (oh, whoops!).

HibeePaj
24-08-2010, 07:31 AM
anyone made a playlist of the songs?? if so what where they??

so far i can remember;

Prodigy - Invaders Must Die
Kasabian - Club Foot
Madness - One Step Beyond
Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen
Underworld - Born Slippy
The Jam - Town Called Malice

????

correct me if im wrong :thumbsup:

degenerated
24-08-2010, 07:53 AM
anyone made a playlist of the songs?? if so what where they??

so far i can remember;

Prodigy - Invaders Must Die
Kasabian - Club Foot
Madness - One Step Beyond
Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen
Underworld - Born Slippy
The Jam - Town Called Malice

????

correct me if im wrong :thumbsup:

was the pistols song not pretty vacant?

Big Frank
24-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Not for me. Whether I like the song or not, whether I like the group or not, they should play no music whatsover before the game.

Let the fans build the atmosphere! Blaring music stops the signing. Its gash.

.Sean.
24-08-2010, 04:17 PM
was the pistols song not pretty vacant?
:agree:

The music was spot on. Aquiesce or Supersonic and a Stone Roses song would've made it even better though!

RyeSloan
24-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Not overly fussed what is played and not sure why punk would suddenly be the must have sound before kick off tbh.

I'm with a few other posters here, the tannoy is in general too loud to hear yourself speak and the tactic of playing hte music right until the ball starts rolling is just daft.

Play any tunes you want then play a Hibs 'anthem' as the teams come out. Once they have lined up / tossed the coin then fade out the music and let the fans at least get one song going at kick off.

HibeePaj
24-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Not overly fussed what is played and not sure why punk would suddenly be the must have sound before kick off tbh.

I'm with a few other posters here, the tannoy is in general too loud to hear yourself speak and the tactic of playing hte music right until the ball starts rolling is just daft.

Play any tunes you want then play a Hibs 'anthem' as the teams come out. Once they have lined up / tossed the coin then fade out the music and let the fans at least get one song going at kick off.

no i disagree,, personally i like to hear songs that get ur blood pumping,, at the minute 'iinaders must die' is perferct in my opinion..

i like to hear Sunshine On Leith before kick off but do think it can wait until halftime IMHO.

Phil D. Rolls
24-08-2010, 04:57 PM
we could even go with some local stuff :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCogQXyAl8g

An absolute classic, IIRC the B Side was No Surf in Portobello,, or was it Robot Love?

Although, the way we have become sanitised as supporters, Germ Free Adolescent might well be apt.

No Feelings!

Carheenlea
24-08-2010, 07:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diqWt3YNWbQ

Just prior to KO on Sunday