PDA

View Full Version : SFA confirm that they won't be punishing McGregor

hibee_girl
22-08-2010, 03:51 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6329816,00.html?utm_source=twitterfe ed&utm_medium=twitter

What a surprise :rolleyes:

GreenPJ
22-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Surely they should be rescinding Riordan's yellow card.

Westie1875
22-08-2010, 03:57 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6329816,00.html?utm_source=twitterfe ed&utm_medium=twitter

"As McGregor's actions did not result in Riordan being unfairly treated by the referee, the SFA are powerless to act."

Errrr, hello - it resulted in a booking for Riordan which was completely unjustified (and a booking for Miller which I still don't know the reason for) :bitchy:

No surprise though, obviously its ok to cheat to try to get players sent off these days. :rolleyes:

Bayern Bru
22-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I'd suggest Riordan being booked for doing sod all counts as unfair treatment from the referee, no?

Like many others I predicted that nothing would happen. The Glasgow FA bottle it yet again. It's utterly utterly tragic.

Despite the rules, surely he could be done for a form of diving? If forwards can and should be booked for simulation, why can't goalkeepers?

ballengeich
22-08-2010, 04:01 PM
I thought that retaliation plus throwing yourself to the ground would have added up to at least a yellow.

hibee92
22-08-2010, 04:01 PM
seen the replay when i came home from the game... absolute disgrace! :agree:

blatant attempt to get riordan sent off, even has a little look at the ref before going down, then proceeds to shout at the ref about riordan and screaming at liam miller "what the ****** you gannae dae?" right in the refs ear! :grr:

SFA ******ing disgrace!!! :grr::grr::grr:

PC Stamp
22-08-2010, 04:02 PM
What a cop out. In other words it's OK to cheat then. This is EXACTLY what needs to be stamped out of the game yet the beaks are effectively condoning it.
No wonder fans are turning away in droves.

Atalanta
22-08-2010, 04:13 PM
No surprise here then. Once again the SFA show themselves to be in awe of the Old Firm.

It is hardly surprising that outside of Scotland people see our league as a joke. Sadly the SFA are a big part of that joke.

heidtheba
22-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I suppose sending mass emails to the SFA complaining about this will result in...well SFA

HibbyAndy
22-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Lets be brutally honest here.

If Kyle Laughable made a perfectly legit tackle trying to win the ball at Ibrox and Mark Brown got up effing and blinding to Laughable then went down clutching his face do you honestly hand on heart believe the SFA would take no punishment towards Brown?

Double standards, And like Stamp says, its no wonder fans are turning away in there droves.

Mcgregor should have been made an example of and left hung out to dry.

Poor poor showing from the SFA ONCE again.

DaveF
22-08-2010, 04:26 PM
McGregor is a classless fud.

We all knew it before the today's game and he just re-enforced it during the game.

The collapse was disgraceful and Scotland's No 1 goalkeeper (for that's what he is now) should be apologising to all the young fans who watched him blatently cheat and who will be out copying him right now all over the country.

As I said - A classless fud.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2010, 04:29 PM
SFA: Allowing the Old Firm to do as they please for over a century.

.Louise.
22-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Not surprised at all by this! Had the tables been turned and it was Brown that done it I'm sure the SFA would of acted!

Bishop Hibee
22-08-2010, 04:34 PM
What a cop out. In other words it's OK to cheat then. This is EXACTLY what needs to be stamped out of the game yet the beaks are effectively condoning it.
No wonder fans are turning away in droves.

:top marks The OF have a head start with their greater financial clout AND also have the refs and the SFA in their pockets. Total joke.

heidtheba
22-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Sorry, the teacher in me is racing to the fore here...
So the SFA spend money on 'school' initiatives, fair play yadda yadda yadda
then they let a player play for the national team who got drunk, insulted fans, got banned, was begged to come back, cheated today and tried to get another player into trouble...
Am I missing something here?

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 04:51 PM
No wonder we're a joke of a nation with a poor league and embarrassment for a national side with those balloons running the show. We get all the tough rhetoric about 'discipline' and 'bringing the game into disrepute', then, whenever someone from the OF crosses the line, they cravenly scurry behind some hushed cliche like 's'up tae the ref'.

More than classless fuds like McGregor, those twangy-spined milquetoasts make me ashamed to be Scottish. Unfit for the purpose, the lot of 'em. Had Riordan feined that incident against McGregor, they would be up in arms, cheered on by the press lackeys, with pompous guff about 'trying to get a fellow professional into trouble in this cringeworthy manner' with probably an attached helpful quip from Potter along the lines of 'not the kind of attitude we want to see in the national side.'

Quislings.

Grow a set and ban McGregor and rescind Riordan's booking.

skipster7
22-08-2010, 04:59 PM
No wonder we're a joke of a nation with a poor league and embarrassment for a national side with those balloons running the show. We get all the tough rhetoric about 'discipline' and 'bringing the game into disrepute', then, whenever someone from the OF crosses the line, they cravenly scurry behind some hushed cliche like 's'up tae the ref'.

More than classless fuds like McGregor, those twangy-spined milquetoasts make me ashamed to be Scottish. Unfit for the purpose, the lot of 'em. Had Riordan feined that incident against McGregor, they would be up in arms, cheered on by the press lackeys, with pompous guff about 'trying to get a fellow professional into trouble in this cringeworthy manner' with probably an attached helpful quip from Potter along the lines of 'not the kind of attitude we want to see in the national side.'

Quislings.

:top marks they will now say that riordan was booked for going in late on the fud and hopefully sweep the whole thing under the carpet.:grr: there must be a huge lump under that carpet:bitchy:

bighairyfaeleith
22-08-2010, 05:01 PM
There is only one answer, that is for all Scottish clubs to grow a pair and tell the old form and the sfa to do one.

New league, new start!!

Hibby70
22-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Part of me wishes Riordan had been sent off when he went down just so that it would have got wider press. At the moment it will all be forgotten about hidden in amongst 20 paragraphs describing Weiss as being the next Brian Laudrup.

Lafferty and McGregor - what a lovely couple of examples to the kids

blairwallace
22-08-2010, 05:05 PM
what about mcbride kicking the ball up field "ohh who could of missed the size of that arse" red card?! :confused:

seanraff07
22-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Here's evidence that McGregor is a diving, cheating Hun..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQTxZAAnIk&feature=search

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-08-2010, 05:15 PM

Quislings.

and sectarian songs :rolleyes:

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2010, 05:17 PM
They are only able to hand out punishments if the incident in question resulted in the match officials coming to the wrong decision

What was Riordan booked for then?

I dont care if nothing is done, but I wouldbe interested to see if they bother to reply, so I urge people to join me in emailing the below addresses asking why McGregors incident is any different to Laffertys last season, and what Derek Riordan was booked for if it wasnt for McGregor conning the ref?!

David.Findlay@scottishfa.co.uk

sandra.buchanan@scottishfa.co.uk

bighairyfaeleith
22-08-2010, 05:24 PM
What was Riordan booked for then?

I dont care if nothing is done, but I wouldbe interested to see if they bother to reply, so I urge people to join me in emailing the below addresses asking why McGregors incident is any different to Laffertys last season, and what Derek Riordan was booked for if it wasnt for McGregor conning the ref?!

David.Findlay@scottishfa.co.uk

sandra.buchanan@scottishfa.co.uk

Just sent my very polite email:wink:

22-08-2010, 06:12 PM
The old firm getting a away with murder, always have, always will. Completly disgraceful, McGreagor went down clutching his face when he wasnt even touched - blatant cheating! Riordan was booked for nothing, but of course as usual a referee cannot punish an old firm player without punishing the opposition player at the same time!

Not surprised, typical SFA :rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
22-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Oppertunity missed by the SFA to send a message out that blatant cheating will not be tolerated. Maybe if the culprit had been a non Old Firm player we might have seen some action. Just the usual pathetic Glasgow based bias from the pathetic SFA.

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2010, 06:38 PM
I hope somebody ****s up McGregor....cheatin barsteward :agree:

Sumner
22-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Shameful shameful stuff SFA, Glasgow shame
hit a new low - on the park and in the offices

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2010, 07:14 PM
"As McGregor's actions did not result in Riordan being unfairly treated by the referee, the SFA are powerless to act."

Errrr, hello - it resulted in a booking for Riordan which was completely unjustified (and a booking for Miller which I still don't know the reason for) :bitchy:

No surprise though, obviously its ok to cheat to try to get players sent off these days. :rolleyes:

It was blatant cheating as McGregor tried to get Riordan sent off....... Despicable

SteveHFC
22-08-2010, 07:20 PM
SFA Can GTF!:grr::grr::grr:

woody47
22-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Sent an email to the to££ers at SFA asking why if Riordan got booked for his part in the fracas, the cheat should have got booked twice - once for the set to with Riordan and once for the I do'nt expect a response as I have never got a respone from them.
The SFA are so much up their own ar$e$ that they think they are unreproachable and untouchable.
In fact they probably are as who do we complain to about them? Serious question guys? Who is there to go to that can take them to task?

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Sent an email to the to££ers at SFA asking why if Riordan got booked for his part in the fracas, the cheat should have got booked twice - once for the set to with Riordan and once for the I do'nt expect a response as I have never got a respone from them.
The SFA are so much up their own ar$e$ that they think they are unreproachable and untouchable.
In fact they probably are as who do we complain to about them? Serious question guys? Who is there to go to that can take them to task?

Well I've emAiled also.
Also don't expect a reply, but you've got to try

Sir David Gray
22-08-2010, 10:07 PM
I actually respected Walter Smith when he banned Lafferty after he feigned a headbutt from Mulgrew a couple of seasons ago. He was pretty strong in his condemnation of what Lafferty did that day and I was really pleased to hear Smith saying that.

I really don't see what the difference was between what Lafferty did to Mulgrew and what McGregor did today to Riordan.

Allan McGregor should be banned for at least three matches for what he did today and he should be made to make a public apology to Riordan.

I really wouldn't mind if someone actually gave Lafferty and McGregor a reason for going to ground and rolling about holding their faces.

proud_and_green
22-08-2010, 10:17 PM
It is just incredible, this is exactly what Gordon Smith was on about the beginning of last season when he said that simulation would not be tolerated in scottish football.

Has the SFA said anthing about it, do they acknowledge there was simulation or have they only said they won't be taking action.

It is absolutel shocking.

I normally don't get too bothered about the run of the mill refereeing decisions, i believe over the course of a season they usually even themselves out and to be honest i don't really want to see refs referring to a fifth official in the stand - football is meant to be a fast flowing game. But this is a joke - as were many of the other decisions by the prick Brines!!!

silverhibee
22-08-2010, 10:56 PM
It was blatant cheating as McGregor tried to get Riordan sent off....... Despicable

I dont think wee have heard the end of this blatant cheating from mcgregor. :wink:

TornadoHibby
22-08-2010, 10:59 PM

An absolute disgrace but easy to appreciate why this guy gets his head kicked in outside of football if this is the kind of way he behaves there! :agree:

He "created" a situation where there was none in an attempt to get Derek Rordan sent off and should have been sent off himself for doing so IMO if we are ever to see this kind of horrible behaviour by these over paid "prima donnas" stamped out once and for all! :grr:

Westie1875
22-08-2010, 11:06 PM
I dont think wee have heard the end of this blatant cheating from mcgregor. :wink:

SFA have apparently already said they won't do anything, who else can? :confused:

TornadoHibby
22-08-2010, 11:11 PM
I actually respected Walter Smith when he banned Lafferty after he feigned a headbutt from Mulgrew a couple of seasons ago. He was pretty strong in his condemnation of what Lafferty did that day and I was really pleased to hear Smith saying that.

I really don't see what the difference was between what Lafferty did to Mulgrew and what McGregor did today to Riordan.

Allan McGregor should be banned for at least three matches for what he did today and he should be made to make a public apology to Riordan.

I really wouldn't mind if someone actually gave Lafferty and McGregor a reason for going to ground and rolling about holding their faces.

Apparently his "burd" did earlier this year! :wink: :cool2:

Caversham Green
23-08-2010, 07:02 AM
SFA have apparently already said they won't do anything, who else can? :confused:
Walter Smith can and should. He said in the post-match interview that he hadn't seen the incident, but he's had the chance to see it now.

Maybe it's Wattie and Rangers we should be sending our e-mails to.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2010, 07:38 AM
No, the administrators are responsible for the game and should be taking action against what Smith called 'simulation'. Every single person involved in the game knows that if Deeks fell at McGregor's feet like that, he'd be staring at a lengthy ban and probably be hounded out the Scottish game.

I think the SFA is incapable of sorting our the wide-ranging and deep rooted problems in our game, from the sectarian culture which ultimately sustains the OF bias, to the terrible glory-hunter youth coaches which prime young Scots for future mediocrity so they can look at the row of crappy meaningless cups on their shelves with masonic pride.

The SFA can never be ppart of the solution, because they're a large part of the problem.

If it was a political regime, it would be designated a failed one, an a UN task force would be supervising free and fair elections. C'mon, UEFA or FIFA, move in and sort out this mess called Scottish football.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 08:07 AM
No, the administrators are responsible for the game and should be taking action against what Smith called 'simulation'. Every single person involved in the game knows that if Deeks fell at McGregor's feet like that, he'd be staring at a lengthy ban and probably be hounded out the Scottish game.

I think the SFA is incapable of sorting our the wide-ranging and deep rooted problems in our game, from the sectarian culture which ultimately sustains the OF bias, to the terrible glory-hunter youth coaches which prime young Scots for future mediocrity so they can look at the row of crappy meaningless cups on their shelves with masonic pride.

The SFA can never be ppart of the solution, because they're a large part of the problem.

If it was a political regime, it would be designated a failed one, an a UN task force would be supervising free and fair elections. C'mon, UEFA or FIFA, move in and sort out this mess called Scottish football.

Bob

Please do me the courtesy of when Rangers transgress or get a favour from the SFA, to say Rangers and not the "Old Firm".

I know this term is used by hibs fans as otherwise it would appear to the outside world that, this woudl mean you favour Celtic over Rangers, but this is the same SFA, who on two occasions subjected Celtic players to the video review panel on the word of JOURNALISTS, yet could not tell Celtic the criteria required to have an incident sent to te vieo review panel. This being one of the main reasons for the demise of Gordon Smith.

The SFA have shown that they are no friend of Celtic,. From the Tricolour incident of the 1950's, to the Hampden rent and McCann's dealings with them in 1994. The Cadette affair of 1996, when a Celtic Players registration was delibrately delayed for 2 months, to the way Peat and Smith were prepared to extend the season even further tahn they did and postpone the Cup Final, not help Rangers in the UEFA Cup, but to help them in the league in 2008.

As I said, if the SFA bottle it from Celtic, by all means tar and feather us, but don't us teh lazy, muddying the wtares catch all term that is "The Old Firm".

Thanks and Regards,

Jack

PaulSmith
23-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Bob

Please do me the courtesy of when Rangers transgress or get a favour from the SFA, to say Rangers and not the "Old Firm".

I know this term is used by hibs fans as otherwise it would appear to the outside world that, this woudl mean you favour Celtic over Rangers, but this is the same SFA, who on two occasions subjected Celtic players to the video review panel on the word of JOURNALISTS, yet could not tell Celtic the criteria required to have an incident sent to te vieo review panel. This being one of the main reasons for the demise of Gordon Smith.

The SFA have shown that they are no friend of Celtic,. From the Tricolour incident of the 1950's, to the Hampden rent and McCann's dealings with them in 1994. The Cadette affair of 1996, when a Celtic Players registration was delibrately delayed for 2 months, to the way Peat and Smith were prepared to extend the season even further tahn they did and postpone the Cup Final, not help Rangers in the UEFA Cup, but to help them in the league in 2008.

As I said, if the SFA bottle it from Celtic, by all means tar and feather us, but don't us teh lazy, muddying the wtares catch all term that is "The Old Firm".

Thanks and Regards,

Jack

Jack, your just as mad as each other. Rangers fans think that the SFA and the "mhedia" are against them and you likewise.

The fact is that your both as paranoid as each other and desperately look for reasons and people to blame when your punished for on field actions or issues away from the game.

Celtic and Rangers have never, or very seldom, taken defeat with any form of class or been gracious in defeat and I suppose this is what stands them out than the other teams in the SPL.

johnbc70
23-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Just who are the SFA accountable to? George Peat is the Chief Exec and normally a Chief Exec is accountable to the Chairman who is in turn accountable to shareholders, who if they do not like what they are seeing can get rid of the board.

I emailed George Peat but I am not expecting a reply, however if I get no reply then I would like to take it further but it is not clear who George Peat is accountable to.

Would the SFA be accountable to UEFA and then ultimately FIFA?

Saorsa
23-08-2010, 08:46 AM

What a surprise :rolleyes:sums them up perfectly:bitchy:

Saorsa
23-08-2010, 08:54 AM

Quislings.

Grow a set and ban McGregor and rescind Riordan's booking.:top marks
Nae chance of that though :bitchy:

Hibs7
23-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks for your e-mail.

I have forwarded it to our Referee Development Department for attention.

Kind regards.
David Findlay
Head of Football Administration

Hibs On Tour
23-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Bob

Thanks and Regards,

Jack

Jack,

Seriously. Away and throw ****** at yerself eh. :bitchy:

*BOTH* of the OF have historically benefitted from referrees bias/bottle-crashing/whatever - you're both as bad as each other. Take yer 'poor wee me' pish away, it cuts nae ice around these parts sunshine.

Hibs On Tour
23-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Thanks for your e-mail.

I have forwarded it to our Referee Development Department for attention.

Kind regards.
David Findlay
Head of Football Administration

What a crock!

You don't need to 'develop' referrees to get them to apply the rules ALREADY in force. They just some encouragement to do so. How about you suspend Brines for a couple of games to remind him the rules apply to the OF too and while you're at it give AM a 3-game ban [after all its *exactly* the same as KL did previously] and rescind the yellow DR got for doing **** all.

Instead of sending out meaningless letters designed to get people off yer backs!

Saorsa
23-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Bob

Thanks and Regards,

Jackaway 'n' throw *****e at yersel

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Jack,

Seriously. Away and throw ****** at yerself eh. :bitchy:

*BOTH* of the OF have historically benefitted from referrees bias/bottle-crashing/whatever - you're both as bad as each other. Take yer 'poor wee me' pish away, it cuts nae ice around these parts sunshine.

All I ask, when its Rangers, say Rangers.

When it's Celtic, say Celtic. :wink:

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 09:27 AM

When it's Celtic, say Celtic.

You're two cheeks or the same erse Jack.

I'm sure we'll be having similar threads after the next time we play you too. In fact I'm sure there were plenty of threads castigating your own wee diving cheat after the game at ER last year.:wink:

Hibs On Tour
23-08-2010, 09:28 AM

Bolt. To us you're both the same shower of ******.

Understand that might boil the pair of you - we dinnae give a flying one though.

ENDOF

Expecting Rain
23-08-2010, 09:28 AM

Yesterday had nothing to do with Celtic i agree, it makes me feel so depressed that McGregor and Lafferty can embarrass scottish football with their attitudes and go relatively unpunished by the footballing authorities, what is the point of competition if the rules are bent to suit a certain team, it also infuriates me that Man City help Rangers along in their current financial crisis by helping them out by loaning them an EPL player.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 09:29 AM
away 'n' throw *****e at yersel

If you're going to nick patter, don't nick it from two posts up. :greengrin

I've never disputed that Celtic "get the benefit of the doubt" in decisions, but it pales into insignificance when compared to what der hun gets.

A case in point....Fans of non "old Firm" clubs, if they had the choice in a game, invloving their team versus either of Celtic and Rangers, to have it officiated by a foreign referee would be delighted.

Ask a Celtic fan "would you like all your games and all of Rangers games, including the derby match, offiated by a foreign referee?" We'd be delighted to say yes

Rangers fans woudl say No.

Google "the honest mistakes file" :wink:

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 09:32 AM
A case in point....Fans of non "old Firm" clubs, if they had the choice in a game, invloving their team versus either of Celtic and Rangers, to have it officiated by a foreign referee would be delighted.

Ask a Celtic fan "would you like all your games and all of Rangers games, including the derby match, offiated by a foreign referee?" We'd be delighted to say yes

Rangers fans woudl say No

And you base this on what published survey exactly or are you just making it up?

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Yesterday had nothing to do with Celtic i agree, it makes me feel so depressed that McGregor and Lafferty can embarrass scottish football with their attitudes and go relatively unpunished by the footballing authorities, what is the point of competition if the rules are bent to suit a certain team, it also infuriates me that Man City help Rangers along in their current financial crisis by helping them out by loaning them an EPL player.

BTW Rangers are paying big bucks for that loan - they are paying him £18k per week and a loan fee of £880k

If a Celtic player had acted like McGregor yesterday, I'd expect and be contented if he do a carpeting for it. However, this has been let go, but imagine a player from another club does it now, rightly thinking. after the precedent set that its okay; what woudl happen is that the SFA would have to be seen to be clamping down on it and THAT player would get done.

Walter Nosurname's comments when asked about it were a disgrace as well, by insinuating that Riordan had done McGregor, with not a word from the press who are feart of him

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2010, 09:34 AM
If you're going to nick patter, don't nick it from two posts up. :greengrin

I've never disputed that Celtic "get the benefit of the doubt" in decisions, but it pales into insignificance when compared to what der hun gets.

Rangers fans woudl say No.

Google "the honest mistakes file" :wink:

So what you are saying basically, is you want a bit more. **** both of you.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 09:35 AM
And you base this on what published survey exactly or are you just making it up?

I base it on years of Celtic fans saying "I wish we had foreign refs referee our or the huns games".

As well as the poll on KDS last year.

I base the converse on the huns in the media, what happens to huns players in Europe and what their fans say when you aks them if they'd like foreign refs.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 09:37 AM
So what you are saying basically, is you want a bit more. **** both of you.

No. Your thought process continuies to baffle me.

If you could draw that conclusion, then I don't know what more I can say.

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 09:40 AM
If a Celtic player had acted like McGregor yesterday, I'd expect and be contented if he do a carpeting for it.

Like McGeady did at ER? I seem to remember you were on here defending him to the hilt when that happened

I base it on years of Celtic fans saying "I wish we had foreign refs referee our or the huns games".

As well as the poll on KDS last year.

I base the converse on the huns in the media, what happens to huns players in Europe and what their fans say when you aks them if they'd like foreign refs.

Thanks, that clears it up.

You were just making it up.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 09:41 AM
McGeady, Larrson, Cadete, Nakamura, Maloney etc etc etc

The list of Celtc cheats is as long as the Rangers one.

Old Firm it is.

Calvin
23-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Dermott Gallagher just on SSN suggesting that a similar case in England resulted in a three match ban.

Brummie_Hibs
23-08-2010, 09:44 AM
It's getting enough coverage on SSN.

I don't know what is being said as the volume is down at work, however they are getting some 'expert' comment from ex-English referees. So at least it is getting media coverage which is bound to embarass the SFA/SPL/Rangers/Masons.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2010, 09:44 AM
No. Your thought process continuies to baffle me.

If you could draw that conclusion, then I don't know what more I can say.

Nothing would be nice.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 09:47 AM

Old Firm it is.

Aye very good. When did these guys cheat

McGeady - dived, got punished. the "punished" word is what teh difefrence is here.

And none were like McGregor yesterday, or Laugherty last season, or Lovenkrands in 2005.

bawheid
23-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Nothing would be nice.

:agree:

A cheating hun cheats at Easter Road in a Hibs v Rangers game. A thread on said cheating hun turns into the standard "sellick defence" from Jack Regan.

:yawn:

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Nothing would be nice.

:dummytit:

matty_f
23-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Aye very good. When did these guys cheat

McGeady - dived, got punished. the "punished" word is what teh difefrence is here.

And none were like McGregor yesterday, or Laugherty last season, or Lovenkrands in 2005.

Nakamura v St Mirren, earned a late win/point IIRC.

Laughable that you'd look for instances with the others. If I actually gave a toss about your shower of bigotted cheats I'd trawl through the net looking for them.

But I don't.

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 10:14 AM

Laughable that you'd look for instances with the others. If I actually gave a toss about your shower of bigotted cheats I'd trawl through the net looking for them.

But I don't.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on a reply Matty. Like most Celtc fans, Jack is pretty good at mysteriously appearing to have a go at Rangers and then disappears again when it's pointed out that his shower have just the same problems.

Getting back to original topic, it'll be interesting to see what action (if any) Rangers take internally. IIRC, when Laugherty did it against Aberdeen they at least had the decency to carpet him and fine him themselves, along with a very public dressing down from Smith. It wouldn't surprise me if on reflection they do similar with McGregor.

In a way it does show that there is actually a difference between them and Celtc. The Huns may be disgusting, manky, horrible, sectarian cheats but at least there is somthing of an admission that they're disgusting, manky, horrible, sectarion cheats. Celtc just play the constant 'aye but we get picked oan and they're pure worse than us big man' card.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 10:14 AM

But I don't.

That was a foul. He was barged.

Besides it was a free kick 30 yards out, if it was not for it upsetting a bottling huns side nothing woudl have been made of it.

BTW The Sun printed printed that referees place of work after that. :agree: Make of that what you will.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on a reply Matty. Like most Celtc fans, Jack is pretty good at mysteriously appearing to have a go at Rangers and then disappears again when it's pointed out that his shower have just the same problems.

Getting back to original topic, it'll be interesting to see what action (if any) Rangers take internally. IIRC, when Laugherty did it against Aberdeen they at least had the decency to carpet him and fine him themselves, along with a very public dressing down from Smith. It wouldn't surprise me if on reflection they do similar with McGregor.

In a way it does show that there is actually a difference between them and Celtc. The Huns may be disgusting, manky, horrible, sectarian cheats but at least there is somthing of an admission that they're disgusting, manky, horrible, sectarion cheats. Celtc just play the constant 'aye but we get picked oan and they're pure worse than us big man' card.

Garbage. Say what you like, but I have never hid on this forum.

marinello59
23-08-2010, 10:20 AM

Besides it was a free kick 30 yards out, if it was not for it upsetting a bottling huns side nothing woudl have been made of it.

BTW The Sun printed printed that referees place of work after that. :agree: Make of that what you will.

To help keep your mobs Private Detective bill down perhaps?

Caversham Green
23-08-2010, 10:24 AM

He took a spectacular dive just before Danny Galbraith's winner at your midden IIRC. So bad the ref couldn't justify giving a foul.

bawheid
23-08-2010, 10:39 AM
He took a spectacular dive just before Danny Galbraith's winner at your midden IIRC. So bad the ref couldn't justify giving a foul.

That was a different sellick diver. Forget who it was.

DCI Gene Hunt
23-08-2010, 10:39 AM

Old Firm it is.

:agree: :top marks

Broken Gnome
23-08-2010, 10:43 AM

Was he b0llocks. It was a rather inevitable case of Celtic's increasing desperation for late goals resulting in player 25 yards from goal throwing himself to the ground in a vain attempt for a free kick. Du Wei was it last season in Parkhead? Almost as pathetic as McGregor yesterday. That he didn't that free kick which led directly to Galbraith's winner was about the sweetest winner Hibs will ever score.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 10:49 AM

You better watch, Jack will no doubt point out that your answer is racist, probably on the basis of you suggested (not that you are, of course) that 'they all look the same' or some other bollocks.

This will then allow Jack to become the victim, an essential part of the make up of any Celtc supporter.

Alex Trager
23-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Its quite clear to see that the keeper only tried to cheat deek and get him sent off or something because he wanted to get one over us.... he got it tight all afternoon-quite rightly too- or thats how it seems to me anyone else?

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Bob

Thanks and Regards,

Jack

Jack,

Accept that this was a Hun rather than Celtic offense, but this is a Hibernian forum, and we're here to relate what happens in football to our own experiences as Hibs supporters, not to do anybody else courtesy, as you put it.

Because one cheek gets kicked more and the other patted more in relation to each other, it doesn't mean they ain't part of the same chorus and verse. I was framing it in the context of the bigger picture, and how that looks from a Hibs perspective, not a Celtic (or rangers) one.

So, on this ocassion, I have to respectfully decline your request.

Best

Bob

johnrebus
23-08-2010, 11:03 AM
There really should be a 'bringing the game into disrepute' charge in Scotland.

Mind you, they would then have to close down Glasgow Rangers FC completely, so not much chance of it happening anytime soon.

:grr:

Caversham Green
23-08-2010, 11:13 AM
You better watch, Jack will no doubt point out that your answer is racist, probably on the basis of you suggested (not that you are, of course) that 'they all look the same' or some other bollocks.

This will then allow Jack to become the victim, an essential part of the make up of any Celtc supporter.

I have to admit though, the Irish do all look the same to me.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 11:17 AM
I have to admit though, the Irish do all look the same to me.

They're not Irish though :confused:, they're from Glasgow (and surrounding areas!), in Scotland.:greengrin

Caversham Green
23-08-2010, 11:25 AM
They're not Irish though :confused:, they're from Glasgow (and surrounding areas!), in Scotland.:greengrin

Nah, that can't be right - why would the fans be singing Irish folk songs if that was the case?

Hibstrooper
23-08-2010, 11:25 AM
To be fair if it had been Ross Tokely who went down holding his face after a challenge from Conor Sammon in a ICT Killie match I think it would have all been over by now and no one would be complaining with the yellow card.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Nah, that can't be right - why would the fans be singing Irish folk songs if that was the case?

Good point.:thumbsup:

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 11:27 AM
To help keep your mobs Private Detective bill down perhaps?

Back of the net! :thumbsup::greengrin

Imagine having to pay a Private detective to tell us Jim McCluskey fae Stewarton was a hun. :confused:

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Jack,

Accept that this was a Hun rather than Celtic offense, but this is a Hibernian forum, and we're here to relate what happens in football to our own experiences as Hibs supporters, not to do anybody else courtesy, as you put it.

Because one cheek gets kicked more and the other patted more in relation to each other, it doesn't mean they ain't part of the same chorus and verse. I was framing it in the context of the bigger picture, and how that looks from a Hibs perspective, not a Celtic (or rangers) one.

So, on this ocassion, I have to respectfully decline your request.

Best

Bob

Bob

Refernce the text in bold. Fair enough. I and Timdom do not feel as hard done by.

Thanks

Jack Regan
"The Factory"

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 11:31 AM

That was Ki Sug Jueng. Not Nakamura.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Was he b0llocks. It was a rather inevitable case of Celtic's increasing desperation for late goals resulting in player 25 yards from goal throwing himself to the ground in a vain attempt for a free kick. Du Wei was it last season in Parkhead? Almost as pathetic as McGregor yesterday. That he didn't that free kick which led directly to Galbraith's winner was about the sweetest winner Hibs will ever score.

Are you serious??

Besides, how many 50/50 decisions that result in free kicks are brough up 2 years down the line.

The press went to town on that one because der huns bottle was starting to crash, thats the reason why people remmebre that. Funny how the real blatant ones that the huns got in tehir favour last season are rarely mentioned eh?

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 11:37 AM

So no Irish fans travel to Celtic games - Is that what you are saying?

Have a look at www.aicsc.com before you answer and make a fool of yourself.

Dinkydoo
23-08-2010, 11:39 AM

It is if your one of the bigot brothers....:grr:

Really ****ing had enough of the SFA the hun loving arewipes that they are.

I can get to grips with the McBride incident but this riles me up something awful - cheating to get a player sent off is disgusting and should be punished with a red card and a hefty fine. :bitchy::grr::grr:

bighairyfaeleith
23-08-2010, 11:42 AM
can we please stop talking about celtic, there pish and not fit to wipe our *****. Lesser greens, no need to discuss them:agree:

Carheenlea
23-08-2010, 11:58 AM

Have a look at www.aicsc.com before you answer and make a fool of yourself.

Hey, that must mean that Manchester United and Liverpool are Irish as well, learn something new every day.

Jack, please do us a favour and **** off to someone elses site and bore the pants off them and give us a break. We have as much interest in what a Celtic fan thinks of the incident in our game at the weekend than Jim Torbett had in Child Protection Policies.

norhfc
23-08-2010, 12:03 PM
For the first time in my 40 odd years of watching Hibs/Scotland,I,m not sure I can watch the national team with that disgrace in goals representing our country. His on field antics are disgusting and I,m not even going into his private life.How can he be a role model for our youngsters,get him to **** out of the Scotland team.

brythehibby
23-08-2010, 12:16 PM
My Mrs made a very good point to me last night. For the majority of Huns fans that will back McGregor, imagine if that was a Scotland game at Hampden, some player try's to slide in to get the ball. McGregor collects the ball then squares up to him and rolls on the floor after no contact whatsoever. How embarrassed would the SFA be, and McGregor would almost certainly be punished. Do it for rangers however, and its acceptable. Shameful SFA bias, then again, as if we didn’t know already.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 12:41 PM

Have a look at www.aicsc.com (http://www.aicsc.com) before you answer and make a fool of yourself.

Can you tell me where I said that?

Have a look at www.hibs.net (http://www.hibs.net) before you answer and make a fool of yourself.

Woops, too late.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Hey, that must mean that Manchester United and Liverpool are Irish as well, learn something new every day.

Jack, please do us a favour and **** off to someone elses site and bore the pants off them and give us a break. We have as much interest in what a Celtic fan thinks of the incident in our game at the weekend than Jim Torbett had in Child Protection Policies.

Is there any need for that?

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 01:00 PM

Garbage. You're being selective again Jack. When you're onto a loser, you disappear (much like your home crowds when you're not winning every week :wink:)

So another diver to join the list then? :greengrin

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Garbage. You're being selective again Jack. When you're onto a loser, you disappear (much like your home crowds when you're not winning every week :wink:)

Hmm, that'll be why I am on lots of lengthy threads then eh?

I go when I feel the thread is going nowhere and I ALWAYS come on if Hibs beat Celtic.

Holmesdale Hibs
23-08-2010, 01:04 PM

Old Firm it is.

If we're talking about cheats and Celtic then Stylian Petrov should also get a mention. He is the worst I can ever remember.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 01:07 PM
If we're talking about cheats and Celtic then Stylian Petrov should also get a mention. He is the worst I can ever remember.

What? Because Bobby Williamson said so once? then everyone jumped on a bandwagon after Petrov had been in Scotland for 3 seasons at the time??

BTW The incident that prompted those calls proved Petrov was fouled, hence the penalty award.

If Williamson nver made his "Stan Petrov, what do you expect" comments then nothing would have been said about Petrov.

If you can think of any blatant instances of Petrov diving then I'd like to be reminded.

DCI Gene Hunt
23-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Handbags away, ladies. :yawn:

Stilian Petrov was one of the SPL's worst-ever divers/cheats. It didn't take BW, or anyone else for that matter, to point that out; it was blatantly obvious to anyone with eyes and a brain. Unless you're a Smelltic fan of course.

Gene

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 01:22 PM

Holmesdale Hibs
23-08-2010, 01:25 PM
What? Because Bobby Williamson said so once? then everyone jumped on a bandwagon after Petrov had been in Scotland for 3 seasons at the time??

BTW The incident that prompted those calls proved Petrov was fouled, hence the penalty award.

If Williamson nver made his "Stan Petrov, what do you expect" comments then nothing would have been said about Petrov.

If you can think of any blatant instances of Petrov diving then I'd like to be reminded.

Are you joking? Petrov not a diver? If you think he’s got that reputation because of something Blobby said then you’re deluded.

Petrov used to dive persistently and his reputation was totally deserved. One that springs to mind straight away was when we got beat 1-0 at ER and he dived at the FF end towards the East stand. I never knew it was a dive until I saw the replay at half time. He did it so much he got quite good at it.

But that is NOT the only example, just the first one that springs to mind. I’ve seen him do it playing for Villa plenty times as well.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 01:25 PM

:faf:

Deary me!

DCI Gene Hunt
23-08-2010, 01:27 PM

Where would you like us to start... :rolleyes:

Gene

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 01:28 PM

I'm actually away now, but nothing to do with being on a "loser", football fans are tribal, I don't think I'm on a "loser" on the poinst I have raised, quite the contrary in fact, but more to do with some seriously hun-esque patter from one poster.

PS 2nd biggest crowd in Britain at the weekend. :wink:

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Where would you like us to start... :rolleyes:

Gene

PM me, seriously.

Because until Williamson made that comment ther wa snever a hoot about Petrov. FFS Ian McCall tried saying the same about him and actually apologised. :agree:

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 01:31 PM

Still 13k below capacity though. I thought you were TGFITW?

Maybe it's because all the divers have moved on now to pastures new? :greengrin

DCI Gene Hunt
23-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Don't get me (or anyone else) started. It would be a long message indeed.

Bobo Balde was another one. An animal infact. I remember when he assaulted Paul Fenwick in the penalty box a few years back when Gene Genie was a lad. Not just a push, but a right good lunging smack in the chops with his fist. :fuming:

Again, if you are a Smelltic fan you probably didn't see it.

Cheery-bye. :bye:

Gene

Caversham Green
23-08-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm actually away now, but nothing to do with being on a "loser", football fans are tribal, I don't think I'm on a "loser" on the poinst I have raised, quite the contrary in fact, but more to do with some seriously hun-esque patter from one poster.

Be sure to fall over if the door goes anywhere near you on the way out.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Still 13k below capacity though. I thought you were TGFITW?

Maybe it's because all the divers have moved on now to pastures new? :greengrin

Well if that's the award FIFA and UEFA were willing to bestow on us, who are we to argue? :wink:

On the crowd, it appears that the 10,000 or so who have not returned were those who were constantly on the teams back, so good riddance to them.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Don't get me (or anyone else) started. It would be a long message indeed.

Bobo Balde was another one. An animal infact. I remember when he assaulted Paul Fenwick in the penalty box a few years back when Gene Genie was a lad. Not just a push, but a right good lunging smack in the chops with his fist. :fuming:

Again, if you are a Smelltic fan you probably didn't see it.

Cheery-bye. :bye:

Gene

Bib Bobo was the kind of guy evey fan LOVES in their team.

BTW If he was trying to crock Fenwick he'd have been doing you lot a favour.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 01:51 PM

I loved Balde in your team. £40k a week to do nowt.

Quality.

DCI Gene Hunt
23-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Uncle Bobo was a thug. I suppose in that respect he fitted in well with the Odious Firm "model" of a player...

At least Paul Fenwick could play football, instead of trying to break everyone's legs on the park like some demented caveman.

You not away yet? Thought that was you done here? Nae talk over in smellyland? :zzzzz!:

Gene

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 01:55 PM

Quality.

he was never on £40k a week. Funny how the tabloids started bandying figures like this about as soon as he was not playing.

His basic was £25k a week.

Not the fault of Bobo, who still has the best wishes of the support, more to do with Strachan doing Lawwells bidding and trying to ofrce the guy out the door, who lest we forget was a firts team regular until his injury.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 02:32 PM
he was never on £40k a week. Funny how the tabloids started bandying figures like this about as soon as he was not playing.

Not the fault of Bobo, who still has the best wishes of the support, more to do with Strachan doing Lawwells bidding and trying to ofrce the guy out the door, who lest we forget was a firts team regular until his injury.

£25k a week for doing nowt isn't any less funny, to be honest, and I really couldn't care less about the circumstances around it.

He got paid an obscene amount of money for sitting on his erchie doing nowt, and when he had the chance to move to another team and get his career back on track, he decided he rather liked sitting about milking Celtc for all he could.

It's all good, IMHO.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 02:42 PM
£25k a week for doing nowt isn't any less funny, to be honest, and I really couldn't care less about the circumstances around it.

He got paid an obscene amount of money for sitting on his erchie doing nowt, and when he had the chance to move to another team and get his career back on track, he decided he rather liked sitting about milking Celtc for all he could.

It's all good, IMHO.

Aw Matty :boo hoo:

So the true circumstances didnae suit yer wee agenda. A contract works both ways - Bobo was right to sit it out.

poolman
23-08-2010, 02:43 PM

A pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fk0frXZRWk

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2010, 02:45 PM
[/B]

A pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fk0frXZRWk

Come on, there was nearly contact there.:top marks

col02
23-08-2010, 02:47 PM

We seriously wish you would but the smell would probably give you away! This is a Hibs site for Hibs fans why not piss off you patronising Celtic supporting clown!

Saorsa
23-08-2010, 02:50 PM
We seriously wish you would but the smell would probably give you away! This is a Hibs site for Hibs fans why not piss off you patronising Celtic supporting clown!:top marks

matty_f
23-08-2010, 02:53 PM

Quality.

It's all good, IMHO.

Aw Matty :boo hoo:

So the true circumstances didnae suit yer wee agenda. A contract works both ways - Bobo was right to sit it out.

Don't know if you're meaning to be a fanny or if it's happening accidentally, but what agenda?

If my agenda is finding someone sitting ripping the pish out of celtc by kb'ing other offers to get £25k a week hilarious, then fair enough, but I don't see how either of my posts makes it look like a give a flying one why he was doing it, or whose fault it was.

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 03:06 PM
he was never on £40k a week.

Bargain! :hilarious

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 03:11 PM
We seriously wish you would but the smell would probably give you away! This is a Hibs site for Hibs fans why not piss off you patronising Celtic supporting clown!

Are you really 33? :confused:

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Bargain! :hilarious

Helped us to 5 league titles. I concur. :agree:

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Helped us to 5 league titles. I concur. :agree:

Shame he was just another OF cheating thug though :agree:

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Don't know if you're meaning to be a fanny or if it's happening accidentally, but what agenda?

If my agenda is finding someone sitting ripping the pish out of celtc by kb'ing other offers to get £25k a week hilarious, then fair enough, but I don't see how either of my posts makes it look like a give a flying one why he was doing it, or whose fault it was.

Well Matty you'd know all about it....

I've actually been over this with you on here before - you do seem to enjoy conversing with me, I must say.

But big Bobo getting paid for eff all was not down to Bobo, it was down to Lawwell and Patsy yes man Strachan.

Bib Bobo is a cult hero to us tims. That's all that matters :agree:

col02
23-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Are you really 33? :confused:

Yes, why do you ask? You really are one of the most odious characters I have ever had the misfortune to come across on this website. Your sole aim is to wind up Hibs fans with your condescending nature. Some pro Celtic Hibs fans might tolerate you but it would appear most cannot stomach your pish anymore!

I can only assume it is the fact Hibs fans perceive themselves to be the victims here for a change at the hands of the SFA and that does not sit well with you given it is every Celtic fans God given right to feel victimised.

basehibby
23-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Jack Regan - GTF and stop hijacking threads with your paranoid Smeltic Kak!

Back to the serious issue at hand - surely the SFA CANNOT just bury this - they have stated themselves only recently that they intend to outlaw this pathetic and cowardly form of cheating.

Also - do UEFA and FIFA not have a stated policy on this also? They certainly set a precedent some years back by fining Rivaldo retrospectively at the World Cup for a pretty much identical pice of amatuer dramatics.

Is there any way the SFA could get reported to UEFA/FIFA to get their wrists slapped for giving the green light to this form of cheating if they take no action???

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Shame he was just another OF cheating thug though :agree:

Well if you like your central defenders to be lanky streaks of p1ss.....

Bobo was as hard as nails, don't know if all hard players are thugs, are they? :confused:

also don't remember him cheating, like diving or doing a McGragor, Laugherty, Lovenkrands etc... after an imaginary head but.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Yes, why do you ask? You really are one of the most odious characters I have ever had the misfortune to come across on this website. Your sole aim is to wind up Hibs fans with your condescending nature. Some pro Celtic Hibs fans might tolerate you but it would appear most cannot stomach your pish anymore!

I can only assume it is the fact Hibs fans perceive themselves to be the victims here for a change at the hands of the SFA and that does not sit well with you given it is every Celtic fans God given right to feel victimised.

I only came on to essentially say the following.

when Rangers transgress, say Rangers, when its Celtic say Celtic and to state that the SFA have effed Celtic over plenty of times as well, whereas apparantly they are do us no end of favours.

Thankfully, the more mature posters on here can do this and provide a robust debate, some greet and moan and ask me to be banned - if I'm that easy to be beat in an argument, why advocate a ban?

At least only one resorted to gutter level hun-esque material.

Hibercelona
23-08-2010, 03:26 PM
JackRegan.... congratulations.

You've successfully converted a Rangers thread into a Celtic one. :agree:

Mission accomplished. :applause: :bye:

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 03:28 PM

Eh? you got done over by the ref, twice, against our biggest rivals??

Trust me, I feel your pain.

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 03:29 PM
also don't remember him cheating, like diving or doing a McGragor, Laugherty, Lovenkrands etc... after an imaginary head but.

Nah, he was too busy collecting red cards for smashing people in the face off the ball with his elbow (Paul Fenwick) and clattering players who went past him (Scott Brown). Maybe not diving, but he was still a cheating thug.

And BTW, elbowing someone off the ball like he did to Fenwick doesn't make him a hard player. It just makes him another cheating coward that plays for one of the OF.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Nah, he was too busy collecting red cards for smashing people in the face off the ball with his elbow (Paul Fenwick) and clattering players who went past him (Scott Brown). Maybe not diving, but he was still a cheating thug.

And BTW, elbowing someone off the ball like he did to Fenwick doesn't make him a hard player. It just makes him another cheating coward that plays for one of the OF.

Actually, I just remembered the Fenwick incident as you described it pretty clearly, fair enough, but IIRC he did get done for it did he not?

Which brings me to the crux of my point, put it this way, will Davie Weir get done after raising his hands? Did Laugherty get done for nearly ending Hinkels career last year?Did Walter Smith get shown TV replays of McGregor the way Mowbray did?

I'm not going to say Celtic players over the pice are any cleaner or dirtier than any other club's players, however I don't recall any Celtic player doing a "Rivaldo", whereas I can think of the huns doing it four times now. (Muscat, Laugherty, Lovekrands and McGregor)

matty_f
23-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Well Matty you'd know all about it....

I've actually been over this with you on here before - you do seem to enjoy conversing with me, I must say.

But big Bobo getting paid for eff all was not down to Bobo, it was down to Lawwell and Patsy yes man Strachan.

Bib Bobo is a cult hero to us tims. That's all that matters :agree:

To you.

Doesn't matter a sook to me.

'Bog Bobo' had the chance to go to another team and get his career back on track, he chose to sit and take Celtc for all he could. Some cult hero!

As has been mentioned already on the thread, to the rest of us he's just another cheating Celt to add to the list, his only redeeming feature was that he rimmed you for a load of money for doing nowt.

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Actually, I just remembered the Fenwick incident as you described it pretty clearly, fair enough, but IIRC he did get done for it did he not?

Which brings me to the crux of my point, put it this way, will Davie Weir get done after raising his hands? Did Laugherty get done for nearly ending Hinkels career last year?Did Walter Smith get shown TV replays of McGregor the way Mowbray did?

I'm not going to say Celtic players over the pice are any cleaner or dirtier than any other club's players, however I don't recall any Celtic player doing a "Rivaldo", whereas I can think of the huns doing it four times now. (Muscat, Laugherty, Lovekrands and McGregor)

Just because the likes of Balde and McGeady got caught doesn't make them any less of a cheat. But yet again, you try to turn it around to Rangers being worse at it and getting away with it more.

This is the bit you just don't get Jack - Hibs supporters don't give a flying one how persecuted the poor wee Celtc fans think they are and we don't need you coming on here to tell us how hard done by you are compared to Rangers. By your own admission, you get decisions against every other team and it just sticks in your throat that in your opinion you don't get similar decisions in your favour when you play them, and that's your justification for everything. It's almost like " yes, we cheated four times, but look at the big bad Rangers - they did it five".

It's a really piss poor excuse for the shortcomings of your own players.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Just because the likes of Balde and McGeady got caught doesn't make them any less of a cheat. But yet again, you try to turn it around to Rangers being worse at it and getting away with it more.

This is the bit you just don't get Jack - Hibs supporters don't give a flying one how persecuted the poor wee Celtc fans think they are and we don't need you coming on here to tell us how hard done by you are compared to Rangers. By your own admission, you get decisions against every other team and it just sticks in your throat that in your opinion you don't get similar decisions in your favour when you play them, and that's your justification for everything. It's almost like " yes, we cheated four times, but look at the big bad Rangers - they did it five".

:top marks:

Mind Lennon dodging a second yellow in a clash with Scott Brown at ER - Brown got booked and Lennon never, despite Lennon being the instigator.

Celtc are a disgusting institution.

DCI Gene Hunt
23-08-2010, 04:47 PM
:troll:

If Jack doesn't like our comments why the fcek does he persist in posing here?

If we stop feeding the troll he will bog off back to smellyland with all his other bigoted smelly cheating weegie mates and leave us alone. :thumbsup:

Gene Genie

Hibby70
23-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Jack, the flamings over, why dont you go home.

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 05:28 PM

Because he likes the wind up too much.

In fact he comes across as so ridiculously blinkered towards all things 'Sellik' that I'm beginning to wonder if he's really a hun kidding on that he's a Celtc fan.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 05:37 PM

In fact he comes across as so ridiculously blinkered towards all things 'Sellik' that I'm beginning to wonder if he's really a hun kidding on that he's a Celtc fan.

:agree: Jack Reghun.

Westie1875
23-08-2010, 06:19 PM
:agree: Jack Reghun.

:faf: I wonder if the admins have the power to change his username to this? Come on admins, you know it makes sense. :greengrin :devil:

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 06:53 PM
:top marks:

Mind Lennon dodging a second yellow in a clash with Scott Brown at ER - Brown got booked and Lennon never, despite Lennon being the instigator.

Celtc are a disgusting institution.

You really are quite bitter Matty.

At least you did not resort to the old child abuse jibes, so you deserve some credit for that.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 07:06 PM

Barney

I understand you don't give a monkeys, but it's easy to let the media cloud how you see these things.

My point is that, I have never seen a Celtic player do a "Rivaldo". I've seen Rangers players do it at least 4 times now. I also get annoyed at how McGeady was vilified for nearly a week last season (arguably rightly), yet the same Radio show tonight did not want to talk about McGregor!! In addition Walter Nosurname defended the guy and not a word from the laptop loyal on that.

the McGeady and Balde incidents are not unique to ANY club. Incidents such as these are, while unpalatable, commonplace, whereas those incidents such as McGregor's seem to be common to one club. Add in the difference in stance taken by the populist media then you get to see why we may feel hard done by. Its in comparison to der hun and not to any other club, thats what grates!! Maybe we should look in comparison to all clubs...

However, with regards to retrospective punishment, its funny how the rules are applied in terms of referring such cases, indeed. it was pressure from Celtic on this matter which forced Gordon Smith's departure. Celtic asked why Loovens and McDonald got referred in 2009, when a few misdemeanours from the huns never got looked at

GRanted, I'm doing some thinking out loud here, but we (Celtic fans) only look at things and our situation compared to der hun, but when we do that, I think we are right to feel hard done by

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 07:07 PM
:troll:

If we stop feeding the troll he will bog off back to smellyland with all his other bigoted smelly cheating weegie mates and leave us alone. :thumbsup:

Gene Genie

see, I try and keep the tone up. Constructive, well argued posts get constructive, reasonably :wink: argued responses. :agree:

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 07:09 PM

Rumbled. No Surrender. :grr:

Broken Gnome
23-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Barney

I understand you don't give a monkeys, but it's easy to let the media cloud how you see these things.

My point is that, I have never seen a Celtic player do a "Rivaldo". I've seen Rangers players do it at least 4 times now. I also get annoyed at how McGeady was vilified for nearly a week last season (arguably rightly), yet the same Radio show tonight did not want to talk about McGregor!! In addition Walter Nosurname defended the guy and not a word from the laptop loyal on that.

the McGeady and Balde incidents are not unique to ANY club. Incidents such as these are, while unpalatable, commonplace, whereas those incidents such as McGregor's seem to be common to one club. Add in the difference in stance taken by the populist media then you get to see why we may feel hard done by. For example Real Radio never wanted to talk about Mcgregor, yet they had McGeady as the central topic for a week last year. Its in comparison to der hun and not to any other club, thats what grates!! Maybe we should look in comparison to all clubs...

However, with regards to retrospective punishment, its funny how the rules are applied in terms of referring such cases, indeed. it was pressure from Celtic on this matter which forced Gordon Smith's departure. Celtic asked why Loovens and McDonald got referred in 2009, when a few misdemeanours from the huns never got looked at

GRanted, I'm doing some thinking out loud here, but we (Celtic fans) only look at things and our situation compared to der hun, but when we do that, I think we are right to feel hard done by

Who on here has any great time or respect for the Scottish football media? Likely no one. There's no one on this board getting warped by a Real Radio phone-in or a Jim Traynor column for christ's sake. Whatever issue you have with the press and how they treat Rangers in comparison to Celtic has zero relevance in this thread. They both get coverage and favourtism light years ahead of Hibs or any other club, so we couldn't really give a monkeys which set of Old Firm fans feel hard done by at any given time.

And you call Matty bitter, yet come out with a rant like that???

Hibernia Na Eir
23-08-2010, 07:15 PM
oh WHAT a surprise !

Hibernia Na Eir
23-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Well if you like your central defenders to be lanky streaks of p1ss.....

Bobo was as hard as nails, don't know if all hard players are thugs, are they? :confused:

may as well add Ferguson to this list, the little cheating fanny :agree:

Moulin Yarns
23-08-2010, 07:27 PM
:top marks they will now say that riordan was booked for going in late on the fud and hopefully sweep the whole thing under the carpet.:grr: there must be a huge lump under that carpet:bitchy:

Except I've just watched it again, and Riordan was in for the ball and McGregor lands on top of Riordans foot. Riordan didn't kick him, if anything McGregor got the ball then flopped on top of Riordan's foot. Video evidence could and should be used to exhonorate Deeks.

As for the red cards, violent conduct, Lafferty could have had two reds for his foul that just about cut Miller in two, then another for the retaliation on McBride, and who is to say McBride deliberately kicked the ball against him, it looked like he was just clearing it upfield :agree:

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 07:28 PM

The media aren't clouding anything thanks Jack - I can see the two of you cheating away without listening to anything they have to say

McGeady was vilified because he's a cheat. As regards radio shows, I don't pay any attention to them so I make up my own mind on what I see.

What I did see was Rangers publicly carpet Kyle Laugherty when he got caught diving, and your then manager refuse to look at a tape of McGeady diving. That tells me that at least Rangers take action on what their players do wrong, while your club continue to stick their head in the sand while louding singing 'La La La La' in the hope that it will all go away

the McGeady and Balde incidents are not unique to ANY club. Incidents such as these are, while unpalatable, commonplace, whereas those incidents such as McGregor's seem to be common to one club. Add in the difference in stance taken by the populist media then you get to see why we may feel hard done by. Its in comparison to der hun and not to any other club, thats what grates!! Maybe we should look in comparison to all clubs...

Commonplace aye? Name me one Hibs player that's been red carded for diving. Name me one Hibs player who has cowardly elbowed an opponent off the ball when he's not been looking. In fact let's go further and see if you can name an Aberdeen, Hamilton, Dundee Utd or St Mirren player who's been guilty of it. If it's that commonplace, then it shouldn't be too hard for you.

The ONLY fans who think that in some mad way that Celtc get treated worse than Rangers are Celtc fans. Ask any fan of any other non-OF club and they'll tell you the same. You BOTH get decisions. It's only the rampant paranoia and 'me me me' attitude of the Celtc fans that makes them think they're downtrodden and mistreated in any way.

:rolleyes:

Here we go again. It's all Rangers fault.

You're not hard done by Jack. In fact by your own admission, when it comes to decisions you're the exact opposite.

Hibby70
23-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Why does the intro of a certain Black Sabbath/Dickies song enter my head every time Jack Reghun appears on here? :crazy:

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Why does the intro of a certain Black Sabbath/Dickies song enter my head every time Jack Reghun appears on here? :crazy:

Careful.

They might get a private detective to follow you to see if you're really a hun :cool2:

jane_says
23-08-2010, 07:42 PM
The media aren't clouding anything thanks Jack - I can see the two of you cheating away without listening to anything they have to say

McGeady was vilified because he's a cheat. As regards radio shows, I don't pay any attention to them so I make up my own mind on what I see.

What I did see was Rangers publicly carpet Kyle Laugherty when he got caught diving, and your then manager refuse to look at a tape of McGeady diving. That tells me that at least Rangers take action on what their players do wrong, while your club continue to stick their head in the sand while louding singing 'La La La La' in the hope that it will all go away

Commonplace aye? Name me one Hibs player that's been red carded for diving. Name me one Hibs player who has cowardly elbowed an opponent off the ball when he's not been looking. In fact let's go further and see if you can name an Aberdeen, Hamilton, Dundee Utd or St Mirren player who's been guilty of it. If it's that commonplace, then it shouldn't be too hard for you.

The ONLY fans who think that in some mad way that Celtc get treated worse than Rangers are Celtc fans. Ask any fan of any other non-OF club and they'll tell you the same. You BOTH get decisions. It's only the rampant paranoia and 'me me me' attitude of the Celtc fans that makes them think they're downtrodden and mistreated in any way.

You're not hard done by Jack. In fact by your own admission, when it comes to decisions you're the exact opposite.

:top marks
:tee hee: don't think he'll be back anytime soon

jakedance
23-08-2010, 07:45 PM
My two cents. If I was the SFA I'd ban McGregor for a minimum 9 games. There is simply no excuse for that type of cheating.

If he was my player he'd be on the transfer list. If a Hibs player had done this I'd never want to see him wear the green again.

I hate cheating like this. If the SFA do nothing then they're doing nothing less than condoning this behaviour.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 08:28 PM
You really are quite bitter Matty.

At least you did not resort to the old child abuse jibes, so you deserve some credit for that.

Me bitter? :faf:

Seem to remember you being on here greeting about a throw-in that Rangers got 15 years ago or something like that.

You and your club wrote the book on bitter.

I wrote the one on fishing...:wink:

Pete70
23-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Can anyone remind me what the original topic of this thread was?

Hibs On Tour
23-08-2010, 08:51 PM

Double-standards Jack. So its alright for Balde to lump around the pitch crocking players deliberately because he's "the kind of guy every fan loves in their team"? That's a LONG way short of it not having happened. You however, like every other OF fan, excuses it away unless it happens TO you.

Just opposite ends of same bit ay dug ***** IMHO...

Hibs On Tour
23-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Dermott Gallagher just on SSN suggesting that a similar case in England resulted in a three match ban.

Similar match up here resulted in a 3-match ban. Kyle Lafferty's!

Hibs On Tour
23-08-2010, 08:54 PM

No-one cares Jack. This is a Hibs thread on a Hibs board about bad refereeing in a Hibs game. Given that it wasn't even against your manky shower, WTF are you on here for again?

JohnnyHibby
23-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Been reading with interest the thread on McGregor and then it changes......

You know Jack this is the reason why the supporters outside of the OF do not like your clubs and wish you both go to England, unfortunately this will not happen so we must all suffer you.

I was not going to mention Jack but in your comments about greatest supporters and your awards trying asking Lincoln fans you played this pre season and the sectarian abuse that was handed out, if you reply - proof - just look at previous threads on here and on Grimsby's fans website.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Me bitter? :faf:

Seem to remember you being on here greeting about a throw-in that Rangers got 15 years ago or something like that.

You and your club wrote the book on bitter.

I wrote the one on fishing...:wink:

Ah the throw in...:greengrin

That was actually the resident huns retort and sole entry in the "big decisions Celtic get in games v Rangers"

BTW it was in 1989. :agree::greengrin

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Been reading with interest the thread on McGregor and then it changes......

You know Jack this is the reason why the supporters outside of the OF do not like your clubs and wish you both go to England, unfortunately this will not happen so we must all suffer you.

I was not going to mention Jack but in your comments about greatest supporters and your awards trying asking Lincoln fans you played this pre season and the sectarian abuse that was handed out, if you reply - proof - just look at previous threads on here and on Grimsby's fans website.

Was not at Lincoln, but by all accounts the local BNP/EDL/Danny Dyer fan club came out, had a go and got battered. Big Deal.

Grimsby and Lincoln. Seriously. :greengrin

Group of guys, summers day, bevvy session down for a game in England, it kicks off....

Remind you of yer trip to Bolton?

These things happen. C'est la vie.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Double-standards Jack. So its alright for Balde to lump around the pitch crocking players deliberately because he's "the kind of guy every fan loves in their team"? That's a LONG way short of it not having happened. You however, like every other OF fan, excuses it away unless it happens TO you.

Just opposite ends of same bit ay dug ***** IMHO...

As i said, these things happen. Football needs bette noirs like Balde etc.

If Hibs had a Bobo Balde - a hard, but ultimately good player, you'd all love the guy. Now that would be double standards.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 09:48 PM
:top marks
:tee hee: don't think he'll be back anytime soon

Oh dear....

The_Todd
23-08-2010, 09:49 PM
In other news: scientists confirm sky blue, agricultural experts confirm cows produce milk and dieticians confirm Nade overweight.

There was never a hope of the SFA taking any action, hiding behind it's own rules which do nothing to tackle this sort of thing. The speed at which this confirmation came out was staggering - usually it takes them a week and a half to decide what socks to put on in the morning.

Our league and setup is a laughing stock, and will continue to be so until our governing bodies (and media) grow a set when it comes to the Old Firm.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 10:04 PM

It's late, I'll be brief

1.) Where did I say it was Rangers fault? Rangers do what they get away with. Did you hear Gordon smith basically excuse McGregor tonight? This guy wrote process to suit media witch hunts (Loovens and McDonald), yet it took him over a year to respond to Celtic.

2.) It was easy for Rangers to carpet Lafferty - they had the points (and the league in the bag), will be interesting to see if they do it again with Mcgregor.

3.) Other players who had snide elbows smack at Celtic players??? Okay...

Ian Black at ICT
Ross Tokely at ICT
Darren Dods at Dundee Utd
Mark Kerr at Aberdeen
Andy Webster at Hearts
Patrick Cregg at Falkirk
Murray at Kilmarnock

4.) So only Celtic fans think we get the get as many favours at the huns, well if by citing several examples of when we've been shafted by the SFA, or had double standards applied, or when I compare the big decisions the huns get and don't get any examples of us getting the same (which I don't want), despite asking for examples a few times on here. If you cannot recognise this, which when you look at how these incidents are selectively reported and they not affecting your team, then I see why you don't care or don't recognise it.

I just wanted to say that its not the same for both halves of the "Old Firm". The fact that some on here "creeped" the topic or chose to indulge in petty insults has detracted from the point I was making.

This thread is going nowhere, so I'll leave and if anyone on here thinks thats me "hiding", then fair enough, if you need a messageboard "victory" to help you through the night then its all yours.

HAppy to converse via PM if anyone so wishes.

JackRegan
23-08-2010, 10:05 PM
In other news: scientists confirm sky blue, agricultural experts confirm cows produce milk and dieticians confirm Nade overweight.

There was never a hope of the SFA taking any action, hiding behind it's own rules which do nothing to tackle this sort of thing. The speed at which this confirmation came out was staggering - usually it takes them a week and a half to decide what socks to put on in the morning.

Our league and setup is a laughing stock, and will continue to be so until our governing bodies (and media) grow a set when it comes to the Old Firm.

I think therein lies the crux - they are a huge part of the problem in many many aspects of our game.

CropleyWasGod
23-08-2010, 10:09 PM
As i said, these things happen. Football needs bette noirs like Balde etc.

I'd sooner have Bette Davis.

matty_f
23-08-2010, 10:25 PM
It's late, I'll be brief

1.) Where did I say it was Rangers fault? Rangers do what they get away with. Did you hear Gordon smith basically excuse McGregor tonight? This guy wrote process to suit media witch hunts (Loovens and McDonald), yet it took him over a year to respond to Celtic.

2.) It was easy for Rangers to carpet Lafferty - they had the points (and the league in the bag), will be interesting to see if they do it again with Mcgregor.

Ian Black at ICT
Ross Tokely at ICT
Mark Kerr at Aberdeen
Andy Webster at Hearts
Patrick Cregg at Falkirk
Murray at Kilmarnock

4.) So only Celtic fans think we get the get as many favours at the huns, well if by citing several examples of when we've been shafted by the SFA, or had double standards applied, or when I compare the big decisions the huns get and don't get any examples of us getting the same (which I don't want), despite asking for examples a few times on here. If you cannot recognise this, which when you look at how these incidents are selectively reported and they not affecting your team, then I see why you don't care or don't recognise it.

I just wanted to say that its not the same for both halves of the "Old Firm". The fact that some on here "creeped" the topic or chose to indulge in petty insults has detracted from the point I was making.

This thread is going nowhere, so I'll leave and if anyone on here thinks thats me "hiding", then fair enough, if you need a messageboard "victory" to help you through the night then its all yours.

Definitely me that's bitter, then. :whistle:

Albanian Hibs
23-08-2010, 11:46 PM
How has this clown got to over 2000 posts :confused: This thread has turned into a total borefest :yawn: thanks to the rambles of our resident soapdodger. This is hibs.net and we don't give a flying one about your horrible team, who I hate as much as the Huns :agree: Away back to Smellydale Street.

SFA and OF GTF :bye:

Hibs On Tour
24-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Was not at Lincoln, but by all accounts the local BNP/EDL/Danny Dyer fan club came out, had a go and got battered. Big Deal.

Group of guys, summers day, bevvy session down for a game in England, it kicks off....

Talking ****** Jack. 3-year old wee girl getting abused for wearing an **** top with a Union Jack on it? Gies a break and stop apologising for all that eh? What about the video footage of your 'greatest fans' from the Emirates eh? Yer full ay it lad, full ay it! :bitchy:

Dunbar Hibee
24-08-2010, 12:12 AM

Funnily enough I can't remember Hibs fans shouting abuse and singing IRA songs to the military and everyone else in the town that day. Do yourself a favour Jack and do one.:bye:

bighairyfaeleith
24-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Sent my complaint off to the sfa on saturday night, apparently it has been forwarded to the referee development department, I await there response. However while waiting I checked out the SFA website for the first time. Looking at the contact us page they seem to basically list the customer services team, which seems fair enough but then randonly they also list the mail room manager and his assistant as well:confused:

DCI Gene Hunt
24-08-2010, 06:24 AM
Considering this is a Hibs forum, and there is a Smelltic-supporting interloper who has infiltrated our happy forum to stir it up, can the mods not just tell him to fcek off and remove him?:slipper:

G

bighairyfaeleith
24-08-2010, 06:27 AM
It's late, I'll be brief

Ian Black at ICT
Ross Tokely at ICT
Mark Kerr at Aberdeen
Andy Webster at Hearts
Patrick Cregg at Falkirk
Murray at Kilmarnock

:faf:

Barney McGrew
24-08-2010, 06:28 AM
It's late, I'll be brief

Ian Black at ICT
Ross Tokely at ICT
Mark Kerr at Aberdeen
Andy Webster at Hearts
Patrick Cregg at Falkirk
Murray at Kilmarnock

That's me told then. I'm convinced.

The SFA and the media are out to get you and make sure Rangers win everything :rolleyes:

Poor persecuted Celtc.

In fact the SFA are so out to get you, that you get (by your own admission) decisions in your favour. It must be terrible when they pick on you like that so much.

GB6
24-08-2010, 12:25 PM
charlie nicholas pretty much summed it up on sky sports news 2 minutes ago..

''its simply cheating''

and when asked if the sfa should of acted on this he said ''it should be a 3 game ban'' ... ''they did it with laugherty and theres no difference''

couldn't agree more with him :agree:

Moody Mulder
24-08-2010, 01:02 PM
jack regan take yer shellsuit and smelly sellick top and gtf, is it not giro day for you ?

Captain Trips
24-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Has the ref stated what the Mcgregor booking and Riordan booking were for?

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Has the ref stated what the Mcgregor booking and Riordan booking were for?

I think i read somewhere both were booked for adopting an aggressive attitude, when clearly only one player was. Although its easier to book both players and calm down the situation apparently. Its wrong, but thats ref's for you. :boo hoo:

Always taking the easy option eh.

Gmack7
24-08-2010, 03:22 PM
I think i read somewhere both were booked for adopting an aggressive attitude, when clearly only one player was. Although its easier to book both players and calm down the situation apparently. Its wrong, but thats ref's for you. :boo hoo:

Always taking the easy option eh.
if Magregor has been booked for an agressive attitude then the sfa must do him again if the dive has not been mentioned in the refs report:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2010, 03:28 PM
if Magregor has been booked for an agressive attitude then the sfa must do him again if the dive has not been mentioned in the refs report:dunno:

I agree, and I'd like them to explain what Derek did that was aggressive, I'm sure he would too? Lets be honest here, Derek Riordan is one of the least aggressive guys on a football pitch you will ever find, and all the ref was doing was defusing an aggressive situation that was entirely one sided. I dont understand why they just cant apply the rules as they are meant to be applied, and punish the wrong, and leave the ones who are doing no wrong alone? Its simple really. :confused:

heidtheba
24-08-2010, 03:38 PM
I still can't tell the difference between the replay of McGregor and the Zapruder film...

Captain Trips
24-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Should be 2 red cards, 1 pretending to be hurt, the other for the card he tried to get other player.

JohnnyHibby
24-08-2010, 04:20 PM

Actually Jack it is what the Grimsby fan site quoted of the bigoted comments and songs aimed at the local TA soldiers who were at the game collecting funds......hmmmm.....yes before you say it a bit silly choosing that game to collect funds - however we are told Celtic are not bigoted. And they probably did not know a large section of Celtic's supporters do not consider themselves British and willing to contribute - but hey they now know that Celtic are bigoted - good advert to allowed to play in England. - It refects on us all in Scotland.

One of the songs quoted that was sung by a group of Celtic supporters to the TA soldiers was "Go Home" hmmm.

Actually my trip to Bolton was fantastic.....I saw no trouble or sectarian singing and had a good time chatting to locals.

but thats life eh?....I agree.