PDA

View Full Version : MacGregor Comedy Gold

Spike Mandela
22-08-2010, 03:39 PM
His collapse in agony from the imaginary assault by Riordan surely has to be one of the most cringeworthy, embarrassing moments in Scottish Football of late..

Can't ever remember watching a half time replay in the West stand concourse that just made everyone fall about laughing. What a Fud:greengrin

brythehibby
22-08-2010, 03:43 PM
What's more laughable is he won't get any action taken on him for it.

Hanny
22-08-2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQTxZAAnIk

For those who haven't seen it :rolleyes:

Atalanta
22-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I heard Chick Young interview Walter Smith on the radio. He raised the question of McGregor and I thought this will be interesting. Sadly he bottled it at the key moment. When he asked Smith to comment about the alleged head but, Smith replied that noone was alleging any headbut. Unfortunately Chick Young showed himself up as a fan rather than a professional journalist by not asking why McGregor fell to the ground clutching his face. I would have loved to hear Smith squirm his way out of that one.

MSK
22-08-2010, 04:00 PM

For those who haven't seen it :rolleyes::faf:

skipster7
22-08-2010, 04:00 PM
I heard Chick Young interview Walter Smith on the radio. He raised the question of McGregor and I thought this will be interesting. Sadly he bottled it at the key moment. When he asked Smith to comment about the alleged head but, Smith replied that noone was alleging any headbut. Unfortunately Chick Young showed himself up as a fan rather than a professional journalist by not asking why McGregor fell to the ground clutching his face. I would have loved to hear Smith squirm his way out of that one.

heard that as well, :bitchy: bottled it and didn't want to upset uncle walter

JoeTortolanoFanClub
22-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Embarassing. Surely the SFA must take action against McGregor. Blatant cheating. :grr:

Bishop Hibee
22-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Embarassing. Surely the SFA must take action against McGregor. Blatant cheating. :grr:

They won't as he handily got booked. Between that and Millers' reaction 'dancing' about in front of the East after the first goal, I hate them even more if that were possible.

emmjayfox
22-08-2010, 04:32 PM
yogi says riordan and mcgregor are good mates :shocked:

At The Edge
22-08-2010, 04:40 PM
i'd have been proud of a head shot like that in Call of Duty, how hes getting away with that is unbelievable :bitchy:

blairwallace
22-08-2010, 05:10 PM
i'd have been proud of a head shot like that in Call of Duty, how hes getting away with that is unbelievable :bitchy:

that reminds me :offski:

givescotlandfreedom
22-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Vile person

Hibs Class
22-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Even Neil McCann pointed out how embarrassed McGregor should be. I suppose, though, it's far, far from the most embarrassing moment of the last year for him.

Barney McGrew
22-08-2010, 05:34 PM
If the Scottish press were up to it, both Walter Smith and McGregor himself should be getting questioned on it the next time they appear for a press conference.

As it is, they too won't have the balls to deal with it and it will all conveniently be forgotten.

Spineless chimps the lot of them :grr:

Albion Hibs
22-08-2010, 05:37 PM
I cant believe the world and his wife have seen this, witnessed his actions and there is to be no punishment :grr:.

It is like having a poorly behaved child, letting these things go just allows it to happen over and over - what next he gets someone sent off and they steal another 3 points - or will it only ever matter if he does it in an old firm game.

Get the ****bag in front of the jury, a few hours on the naughty step would do him good!

Hibs Class
22-08-2010, 05:40 PM
The frequency with which this happens suggests that part of the huns' weekly training regime must focus on various cheating techniques. They're certainly very good at it and worthy Scottish champions in this regard. Odious ****.

22-08-2010, 05:43 PM
The guy is a complete embarrasment and his play acting today was laughable! falling to the ground clutching his face as if he had just taken a leathering from Mike Tyson is just plain cheating and he was only trying to con the ref into sending Riordan off. But, of course since he is a rangers player this sort of thing is perfectly acceptable to the referee! He is a disgrace.

Scorrie
22-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Casper strikes again...

cheltenhamhibee
22-08-2010, 06:00 PM

1st time i've seen it, sums him up really, horrible pathetic excuse for a so called professional footballer, cheating hun bassa

dawn
22-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Casper strikes again...

Maybe Deek is in need of an exorcism!

Kaiser1962
22-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Absolutely this.
The fact that we had the Laugherty incident with Mulgrew and all the fallout that ensued from that then you get McGregor doing the same thing. Did Laugherty not pretend he had been poleaxed by Zouma at Ibrox last season as well? Says more about the quality of the people in the employ of Rangers, and the standards that club has descended to. Imaging a post match conversation between the "cheaters" and either Bill Struth or Willie Waddell? Would have been a short discussion.

The frequency with which this happens suggests that part of the huns' weekly training regime must focus on various cheating techniques. They're certainly very good at it and worthy Scottish champions in this regard. Odious ****.

The_Todd
22-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I fully expect the SFA and SPL to do the honourable thing and come down heavily on Rangers for their persistent play-acting.

I then fully expect to wake up and realise it'll never happen. No football authority in the land had the backbone to ever tackle any OF misdemeanour.

speedy_gonzales
22-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Guys & Gals, we all know the Scottish media and SFA will do 'SFA' about it. It is therefore our moral duty to get this repeated on Sky Sports Soccer AM next Saturday. Let's embarrass someone into action, email Hells Bells and get it on third eye or whatever, but as long as they show it ad nauseum, they'll get a laugh but we'll also expose the offender to the nation!

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2010, 06:42 PM
just all email Sandra Buchanan as she's Peat's secretary......enuff of us do it....he'll get annoyed....fat bumbling tw@t :agree:

ronaldo7
22-08-2010, 06:43 PM
This incident will go the same way as the points deduction for the singing of "we're up to our knees in Fenian blood" a few years ago...Carpet swept under.

Songs clearly heard today again, and the SFA have the ear muffs on.

Ants
22-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Excuse me guys, but is this not the normal practice at this time of year, here in the big metropolis....

Some good acts, taking years to fully learn their ply... actors

Some fringe worthy acts = fringe venues.

But to come out with that act on the biggest stage occurring during the festival is cringworthy.

This guy is a complete and utter disgrace to his fellow professionals, supporters, fellow thespians, Hello magazine and probably plenty more saunas in the Burgh that I know about!.

Bostonhibby
22-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Even Neil McCann pointed out how embarrassed McGregor should be. I suppose, though, it's far, far from the most embarrassing moment of the last year for him.

Sadly, for the condition of embarassment to exist there probably needs to be a perception of right and wrong, a bit of shame/humility and this guys has shown that he has none, if he can do it to his country why the ****** would he give a damn about how his actions here are seen? Damaging Scottish footballs credibility as well.

He's actually a coward with no backbone, one day I hope someone really does smack him, with his track record the cops ain't gonnae believe him.

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2010, 07:12 PM

Utterly scandalous........

I they still say there is no West Coast Bias, or conspiracies.... The game is rotten to the core so long as the SPL/refs keep pandering to these bigots............

Baw Baggio
22-08-2010, 07:16 PM
That **** deserves a good square kick to the baws :agree:

Ants
22-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Sadly, for the condition of embarassment to exist there probably needs to be a perception of right and wrong, a bit of shame/humility and this guys has shown that he has none, if he can do it to his country why the ****** would he give a damn about how his actions here are seen? Damaging Scottish footballs credibility as well.

He's actually a coward with no backbone, one day I hope someone really does smack him, with his track record the cops ain't gonnae believe him.

Did his wee scheme bird not do that already?

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 07:31 PM
yogi says riordan and mcgregor are good mates :shocked:

From Hutchinson Vale days. I think Alan was a year below Derek. They would also have played in Schools Selects etc.

crewetollhibee
22-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Wonder if McGregor would have pulled that stunt at the other end of the park ?

Jonnyboy
22-08-2010, 08:41 PM
They say you learn something new every day and today I've learned that Alan McGregor is obviously related to Kyle Laugherty

JohnnyHibby
22-08-2010, 08:46 PM
They say you learn something new every day and today I've learned that Alan McGregor is obviously related to Kyle Laugherty

You know thats the second piece of cheating of a so called professional trying to get his fellow professional sent off (Lafferty getting Mulgrew sent off).....oh they both play for the same club......

So is this something being trained at Ibrox?.....

matty_f
22-08-2010, 08:49 PM
The worst thing of it all, is that Riordan got booked. His challenge wasn't worth a yellow, he actually goes to apologise to McGregor as they get up, and does hee-haw else, yet ends up taking a booking because (sadly, not for the only time in the match) Brines bottled doing the right thing and took the cheap way out with a yellow for both.

New Corrie
22-08-2010, 09:41 PM
It will keep happening aslong as we (clubs otwith the OF) allow it to happen. It's embarrassing, I thought we missed a couple of opportunities when Levien questioned whether it was worthwhile turning up at games against Rangers and Vlad quite rightly accused the heirarchy of corruption. If we said enough is enough, then something would get done, but aslong as we pander to these fuds then normal service will continue. You would do well to remember that Scottish football is run by the equivalent of these tragic fuds that you see in a bowling club with stupid badges and blazers, you know the ones, have their qwn pathetic car park space, no life and tell you to use the tray when youre in their godforsaken coup of a club!!! Grow some and tell these fuds that you're not playing anymore until parity is resumed. Only Scottish blazer wearing fuds could allow that McGregor embarrasment to go unpunished.

marinello59
22-08-2010, 09:44 PM
It will keep happening aslong as we (clubs otwith the OF) allow it to happen. It's embarrassing, I thought we missed a couple of opportunities when Levien questioned whether it was worthwhile turning up at games against Rangers and Vlad quite rightly accused the heirarchy of corruption. If we said enough is enough, then something would get done, but aslong as we pander to these fuds then normal service will continue. You would do well to remember that Scottish football is run by the equivalent of these tragic fuds that you see in a bowling club with stupid badges and blazers, you know the ones, have their qwn pathetic car park space, no life and tell you to use the tray when youre in their godforsaken coup of a club!!! Grow some and tell these fuds that you're not playing anymore until parity is resumed. Only Scottish blazer wearing fuds could allow that McGregor embarrasment to go unpunished.

For once you may be in the majority with this post Corrie.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
22-08-2010, 09:47 PM
For once you may be in the majority with this post Corrie.:greengrin

Although perhaps not with the bowlers :greengrin

New Corrie
22-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Although perhaps not with the bowlers :greengrin

Maybe not John, but Tom Hart went to his grave without paying the John McDonald fine. I would hate to think what he would have thought about todays debacle. I really find it hard to believe that this will go unpunished, it's absolutely astonishing and those BBC Scotland apologists should be made to try and defend it. Thank pheck I was at the game, because if i'd had to listen to Thick Dung and the rest of these fuds I would have one more smashed radio.

Sorry to all you bowling club people

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2010, 09:59 PM
just all email Sandra Buchanan as she's Peat's secretary......enuff of us do it....he'll get annoyed....fat bumbling tw@t :agree:

Done ;)

iwasthere1972
22-08-2010, 10:16 PM

Well let me just say that I saw less simulation the night the wife was out and I mistakenly found one of those adult channels on tv. I was so shocked by what I saw that I had to turn it off after half an hour.

MacGregor = Cheat and a bawbag.

TornadoHibby
22-08-2010, 11:05 PM

What even more than getting a kicking from his "burd" and blamimg it on a bunch of thugs if the Scottish red tops are to be believed? :faf:

TornadoHibby
22-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I cant believe the world and his wife have seen this, witnessed his actions and there is to be no punishment :grr:.

It is like having a poorly behaved child, letting these things go just allows it to happen over and over - what next he gets someone sent off and they steal another 3 points - or will it only ever matter if he does it in an old firm game.

Get the ****bag in front of the jury, a few hours on the naughty step would do him good!

:top marks

Nothing more needs to be said here IMO! :agree:

iwasthere1972
22-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Can't believe that blueisthecolour hasn't made a contribution to this thread yet. :devil:

Hibercelona
22-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Does Deek have some kind of mystical 3rd arm that can't be seen by the naked eye? :dunno:

iwasthere1972
22-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Does Deek have some kind of mystical 3rd arm that can't be seen by the naked eye? :dunno:

Maybe Casper helping his mate out. :wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
22-08-2010, 11:32 PM
McGreggor made a complete erse of himself and embarrassed the his club. I thought huns knew no shame but even they have to be embarrassed at that. McGreggor is a nob, there is no two ways about it.

If a Hibs player carried on like that I would want him, dropped and fined.

Bostonhibby
23-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Did his wee scheme bird not do that already?

:greengrin

Did a quick reality check with 3 English fitba fans I work with today, they already wonder about some of the things that our FA do but are no admirers of their own either, each saw McGregors "fall" as simulation therefore a red card and were amazed that there is no question of a disrepute charge after the event, Still the SFA probably think that in their wee goldfish bowl so long as the uglies are happy everything is okay. This is one of the reasons that internationally no one takes us seriuosly anymore, like it or not.

snooky
23-08-2010, 07:19 PM
McGreggor made a complete erse of himself and embarrassed the his club. I thought huns knew no shame but even they have to be embarrassed at that. McGreggor is a nob, there is no two ways about it.

If a Hibs player carried on like that I would want him, dropped and fined.

Personally I'd want him binned.
I remember Rob Jones and a few other Hibs players chastising Benji for diving during a game.
:applause: Bravo RJ I thought at the time.
It's up to the players themselves to put an end to this disgraceful behaviour, teammate or not.

Ryan69
23-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Terrible from a professional.

I remember seeing his antics last season inregard to an imaginary Stokes assault.

As a Hibs fan I detest him in everything hes done...and think hes a ****ing asshole outside of football too.

As a Scotland fan/follower....I would not like him anywhere near the capacity of representing Scotland! :bye:

Riordans Boots
23-08-2010, 09:08 PM

I seen it live on tv and Sky+ the game. Rewound it loads of times - Never a yellow for Deeks.

McGregor is a Bawbag :agree:

mikethehibee69
23-08-2010, 10:13 PM
:top marks
just tried to kill what i thought was a horrible insect, until i realised its ur avatar ;-)
:faf:

Albanian Hibs
23-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Scotland's shame :bitchy:

Hibs On Tour
24-08-2010, 12:19 AM
:greengrin

Did a quick reality check with 3 English fitba fans I work with today, they already wonder about some of the things that our FA do but are no admirers of their own either, each saw McGregors "fall" as simulation therefore a red card and were amazed that there is no question of a disrepute charge after the event, Still the SFA probably think that in their wee goldfish bowl so long as the uglies are happy everything is okay. This is one of the reasons that internationally no one takes us seriuosly anymore, like it or not.

Seem to recall Smith having said at the time of Lafferty's 'original sin' that although they wanted to make these red card offences the Uefa guidelines/rules/whatever were that these were Yellow card offences? Could be wrong likesie - anyway, ****ing *should* be red card offences and no danger should the player being 'accused of the headbut' be subject to the same Yellow card. Brines was an ass twice over and took the easy way both times - same punishment for both players regardless of blame or offence. He should get a ban just like McGregor and Lafferty. DR and KM should be appealing [although I know DR can't appeal a Yellow - more pish that the SFA need to sort out!] :bitchy:

Captain Trips
24-08-2010, 08:17 AM
To any Hibs player:

Next time actually give McGregor something to go down for, he has showed himself to be a cheat so all bets are off reguarding how he should be treated on park. It is a red card I would accept. a 91st minute 2 footed follow through.

JimBHibees
24-08-2010, 08:56 AM
To any Hibs player:

Next time actually give McGregor something to go down for, he has showed himself to be a cheat so all bets are off reguarding how he should be treated on park. It is a red card I would accept. a 91st minute 2 footed follow through.

Then you would see a real media witchunt. All I see today is an exclusive by Kyle about changing his ways etc, dear oh dear. Jeez the Sun had an exclusive a couple of weeks ago about Greggsy's bird having a still born child which on the face of it is very sad for all concerned until you read this happened 5 years ago before she had met him. Incredible.

basehibby
24-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Sadly this is no laughing matter as our spineless "authorities" are too scared of upsetting their old firm masters and have therefore declined to do anything about it.

Interesting that when a johnny foreigner in Mikky Looney Tunes indulged in a bit of simulation against Scotland at Hamden he was widely ridiculed and all but hounded out of the country. I wonder if McGreggor, having totally outdone Looney Tunes in the craven dramatics of his little performance, will get similar treatment?!?

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Surely he has been caught bang to rights with the video evidence? It has to be ungentlemanly conduct, or bringing the game into disrepute or is that just being stupid?:confused:

Captain Trips
24-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Surely he has been caught bang to rights with the video evidence? It has to be ungentlemanly conduct, or bringing the game into disrepute or is that just being stupid?:confused:

Im up for taking this further,I dunno get list of names, probaly wont do anything but even just to expose this clown again, most fans of every club would want involved I would say.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Im up for taking this further,I dunno get list of names, probaly wont do anything but even just to expose this clown again, most fans of every club would want involved I would say.

What can be done, they have already said nothing will?:confused:

Captain Trips
24-08-2010, 10:36 AM

You mentioned he has been caught bang to rights, eluding IMO that you think there maybe something that can be done, just the way I read your statement.

basehibby
24-08-2010, 10:52 AM

They "say" that nothing will be done - ie they're very happy to brush it under the carpet and do nothing as long as they think they can get away with it.

What can be done is basically NOT letting the issue die away as they obviously hope it will - so we need to collectively bombard the SFA and the media with letters and email of protest so that they don't wriggle off the hook that easilly.

When they say nothing can be done what they actually mean is that they will have to be embarassed into doing the right thing as they basically don't want to upset their big pal Uncle Wattie by giving his players the punishment they deserve.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2010, 01:26 PM
You mentioned he has been caught bang to rights, eluding IMO that you think there maybe something that can be done, just the way I read your statement.

Well as far as i'm concerned the evidence is there for all to see. He's guilty of trying to get an opposition player sent off, a sending off that would have resulted in a 3 match ban. Seems to me he should serve a 3 match ban. In fact if they gave him a 10 match ban, he might think twice about doing it again.

Nothing will happen, we knew that didn't we? The SFA have no balls, and are sitting on their well paid ***** watching the game slowly killing its self.