PDA

View Full Version : Question Whatever happened to "We'll support you ever more"

iwasthere1972
22-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Fans leaving in their droves with over 20 minutes to go. Yes you pay your money and the choice is yours but it ain't half annoying for the ones that stay until the final whistle. :agree:

That's all.

HibeePaj
22-08-2010, 03:28 PM
agreed,, :agree:

there was a fair few leaving the east stand early

skipster7
22-08-2010, 03:37 PM

they're maybe furious that given our trophy laden history we disgracefully went 2 behind to the scottish champions and therefore no longer deserved support:wink:

hibee_girl
22-08-2010, 03:39 PM

:agree:

They were obstructing my view!!:grr:

DH1875
22-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Fans leaving in their droves with over 20 minutes to go. Yes you pay your money and the choice is yours but it ain't half annoying for the ones that stay until the final whistle. :agree:

That's all.

Sad to say I couldn't make it today but have to agree. The Maribor game was a joke with the amount of fans who left early. I don't understand the I pay my money brigade as they are only robbing themselves. It's like going to the cinema etc... and leaving with about 30 mins to go. Or like paying for a round of golf and only playing 12 of 18 holes.

madabouthibs
22-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Must be a pretty disheartening for the players, seeing "fans" leaving so early. :agree:

snooky
22-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Sad to say I couldn't make it today but have to agree. The Maribor game was a joke with the amount of fans who left early. I don't understand the I pay my money brigade as they are only robbing themselves. It's like going to the cinema etc... and leaving with about 30 mins to go. Or like paying for a round of golf and only playing 12 of 18 holes.

I see your point however, I would say football, the cinema and golf, etc. are things we do for entertainment. If I shot 150 after 12 holes I may say to myself, stuff this for a game of sodjers - no' fun anymore - I'm offski.
In the event it would be my choice not the guys playing the hole in front of me or behind me.

Having said that, my choice would have been to stay till the final whistle today. :greengrin

Jones28
22-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Why bother coming back? Id sooner have a smaller stadium full of supoprters that backed the team for ninety minutes every game than a 20000 seater half empty with 20 minutes to go.

ruthven_raiders
22-08-2010, 05:08 PM
here we go again! same thread same old story.........................everyone has their reasons for leaving, you may disagree with people leaving but everyone pays their money and it is their choice to leave. i usually would stay the full 90mins+ but my 5 year old son had a different opinion, try keeping a stubborn agitated 5 year old at a football match for the full 90mins..................he did well to last till 75mins:thumbsup:

Hillsidehibby
22-08-2010, 05:12 PM
"I'm a better fan than you" ALERT

seanraff07
22-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Why bother coming back? Id sooner have a smaller stadium full of supoprters that backed the team for ninety minutes every game than a 20000 seater half empty with 20 minutes to go.

That's exactly my view.

bighairyfaeleith
22-08-2010, 05:15 PM
UBER:bye:

Beefster
22-08-2010, 05:18 PM

That's exactly my view.

You'd rather that Hibs had a lower playing budget and likely a worse team than some folk left early?

I don't care if folk leave after 2 minutes as long as Hibs is earning ticket money.

seanraff07
22-08-2010, 05:23 PM
You'd rather that Hibs had a lower playing budget and likely a worse team than some folk left early?

I don't care if folk leave after 2 minutes as long as Hibs is earning ticket money.

We've never been about spending money anyway so that shouldn't really come into it much.

And maybe the players would play slightly better and have more confidence if all our fans that attended the game got behind the team instead of just picking individual players to have a go at.

Mikeystewart
22-08-2010, 05:37 PM
they're maybe furious that given our trophy laden history we disgracefully went 2 behind to the scottish champions and therefore no longer deserved support:wink:

My thoughts exactly. They are with today the expecpion of Beattie and Lafferty , a better team than us yes we should have scored but they have quality at the back proven time and time again. I dont get pissed off at loosing to Celtic and Rangers 3 - 0 as much as i do 5 - 1 St.Johnstone :grr:

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Some people stay till the end with commendable stoicism. Other leave early, because they either can't be bothered watching a game where the outcome is inevitable, or because they find the pain of watching their team being beaten is too much to bear.

I stayed till the bitter end, but several of my group left after the second goal. It's always been that way, and it's utterly pointless going on about it. People will leave when they like and will not be shamed by others into staying.

marinello59
22-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I stayed until the end, i always do. (The Aberdonian in me demands that I get my moneys worth.:greengrin)
I don't blame anybody for leaving early though. Hearing and witnessing the arrogant detestable hun hordes celebrating in our ground is pretty unbearable. Live and let live I say, following Hibs is hard enough without judgement being made on your level of worthiness as a fan.

Row H
22-08-2010, 05:53 PM

That's all.

Thankfully.

Beefster
22-08-2010, 05:57 PM
We've never been about spending money anyway so that shouldn't really come into it much.

And maybe the players would play slightly better and have more confidence if all our fans that attended the game got behind the team instead of just picking individual players to have a go at.

I don't get your first point. The number of people who pay to attend the game directly feeds into the playing budget. If we've got any ambition of winning football matches or even trophies, Hibs need as many paying punters as possible.

I thought the thread was about fans leaving early. Fans having a go at players is another matter entirely and one that, I suspect, we probably agree on.

AK86
22-08-2010, 06:19 PM
2 nil doon, huns playing keep ball, the unwashed hoardes cheering every pass, the 5th rendition of god save betty.......time to go for me im afraid

greenlex
22-08-2010, 06:22 PM
What part of the new East is designated the singing section?

I'm_cabbaged
22-08-2010, 06:30 PM

Listen ye upstart, if folk want to leave early it's their choice, no yours or anybody elses, right?

The_Todd
22-08-2010, 06:33 PM
I guess some people don't get that some people really, really find it hurts to see Hibs losing, especially to that manky bunch of pondlife.

They don't leave because they don't care, they leave because they care maybe too much. I rarely leave early, but I can understand why some do. It's really nothing to get excited about - they've paid their inflated admission fee, so they can do what they like.

Hibby 2005
22-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Once you go a goal down to the Infirm you rarely come back, understandable that folk did'nt want to stay.

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2010, 06:58 PM
problem is there was so many that that the actual view was blocked....

have some consideration for others :wink:

Ritchie
22-08-2010, 07:02 PM

Get a grip

RIP
22-08-2010, 07:12 PM
The supporters stay till the end - the fans and spectators leave before the whistle and lose the opportunity to applaud the team

Some of the folk I saw leaving early looked like they had soiled their underpants. Most, thankfully had more bottle. It takes balls to stand and sing when 2 or 3 nil down to the Scottish Champions but thankfully some stood up and were counted :thumbsup:

I don't look down on anyone

cabbageandribs1875
22-08-2010, 07:13 PM
here we go again! same thread same old story.........................everyone has their reasons for leaving, you may disagree with people leaving but everyone pays their money and it is their choice to leave.

"I'm a better fan than you" ALERT

UBER:bye:

:top marks

Listen ye upstart, if folk want to leave early it's their choice, no yours or anybody elses, right?

exactly, why not just ask those that are leaving to there faces, instead of on here :agree: some people on here will be wanting designated '90 minute only' sections next :hilarious

SvenNeil
22-08-2010, 07:15 PM

:rolleyes: Nice put down on a 17 year old poster expressing their opinion.

MSK
22-08-2010, 07:15 PM
:top marks

exactly, why not just ask those that are leaving to there faces, instead of on here :agree: some people on here will be wanting designated '90 minute only' sections next :hilarious:greengrin

RIP
22-08-2010, 08:12 PM
why not just ask those that are leaving to there faces, instead of on here

I looked in the eyes of most of the faces that walked past me and I saw real fear. Singing and guesturing to the huns one minute - crestfallen, dispirited and broken the next

I also saw one or two very red faces - mibbies there were just puir jakey's who needed their next pint

These colours DO run :greengrin

Were you one of those who could not stay? Wots your story? Could be a lot of genuine reasons out there

HFC 0-7
22-08-2010, 08:38 PM
I dont know why so many people moan at this. Its just what peoplewant to do, at least they pay their money and support the team, albeit for 70 mins instead of 90. If you bought a sandwich started eating it and thought it was alright but you might eat a bit more and get to the good stuff only to find that its not going to get better and is actually turning out to be rank you wouldnt finish it because you paid for it, you would leave.

It was never going to change the game if people stayed or not, same as the maribor game. We were getting beat with no hope really, so people thought they would just get off home before the roads get to busy.

If you want to moan, moan at the people staying at home with no real reason for not going, whose money isnt going to the club apart from when they get to a final.

biggie1875
23-08-2010, 09:15 AM
i left with 5 mins to go . . . . The first time i have ever left early only because i dragged the misses along with me and she is 8 months preg and wanted to get out before it hot to busy

biggie1875
23-08-2010, 09:18 AM
sorry should have said 'got' *

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2010, 09:23 AM
I left seconds before miller scored his 3rd. I feel proud to have missed that.

I'm_cabbaged
23-08-2010, 04:35 PM
exactly, why not just ask those that are leaving to there faces, instead of on here :agree: some people on here will be wanting designated '90 minute only' sections next :hilarious

I'm in the minus 90min section, right next to an exit and can leave without getting dirty looks from folk (not every week I may add).
Used to sit in the middle of a row and heaven forbid if you went for a beer or six before the game and had to go for a piss before ht, kid you not I started leaving one way then come back from the other side. :greengrin

hibbill2002
23-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I didnae go