PDA

View Full Version : David Wotherspoon

Mad Ferret
22-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Just me or does the youngster look well out of sorts just now? Probably not helped by getting thrown in on the left side? His form shaded off towards the middle of last season when we hit the slump and yet he's rarely been taken out of the firing line.
Today he looked lost and continually gave the ball away. There's a danger of burn out if it continues in my view.

hibee_girl
22-08-2010, 02:58 PM
I thought he looked completely knackered today

down-the-slope
22-08-2010, 03:06 PM
he looked a wee bit off the pace getting caught in possesion a few times..this has nothing to do with being on the left...its where he should be playing as its where he made his name in U19s and we need it for shape

Albion Hibs
22-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Agreed he was all at sea for me today. I think he needs a bit of time out, dont think we should be shaping the team around him. Give him a few on the bench and bring him on when he can take a bit of confiedence from a game.

EasterRoad4Ever
22-08-2010, 04:01 PM
His worst game in a Hibs strip. Nothing went right for the lad.

MSK
22-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Just me or does the youngster look well out of sorts just now? Probably not helped by getting thrown in on the left side? His form shaded off towards the middle of last season when we hit the slump and yet he's rarely been taken out of the firing line.
Today he looked lost and continually gave the ball away. There's a danger of burn out if it continues in my view.Dont like him on the left ..we saw what he can do when playing on the right at Motherwell....:agree::agree:

500miles
22-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Youngsters are inconsistant, and you have to tolerate it, otherwise they'll never gain experience - especially with no reserve league.

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Very poor today but watch the game again and see how many positions he was asked to play through phases of the game. Started right mid, then moved more central after sending off, then to left mid and then to right back. 100% agree he was one of the poorest today in the Hibs team, but surely you must play your players in their natural and best positions. Galbraith at left back :bitchy: If Sir Alex didn't see it, then sorry, John Hughes isn't going to convince me. The only times we penetrated were when Danny got in behind or wide up front. DW played poorly because he was shunted all over the pitch in my opinion. De Graff was very poor for me and looks a yard behind the pace just now, but that will come with the hurly burly of the SPL.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Not a great outing for D-Spoon, but just a blip in an otherwise upward trajectory for him, and nothing worth overreacting to.

He should be played in position, on the right, and most importantly, as someone has already said, young players will be inconsistent from time-to-time.

lucky
22-08-2010, 05:31 PM
was not his best game but after only one season in the first team I think he is doing fine. He did well last week but with all young player they blow hot and cold.

MSK
22-08-2010, 05:37 PM
He was on the right when sold the jerseys for the third.Im talking about overall ..his best position is on the right..with regards selling the jerseys for the 3rd its been agreed that the lad was out of sorts & blowing oot his erse ..aye ..?

MSK
22-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't think there's any reasonable excuse for a Hibs player not being fit. I think we're not fit enough generally. What if it had been 0-0 with a second to go and we needed a point to win the league? Stop making excuses for mediocracy!What are you slavering aboot ..?..im making excuses for no-one ...:confused:..Spoony is a good player ..i & most hibbies prefer him on the right, not on the left or through the middle..what is wrong with that ..?..why are you picking holes in my posts, i honestly dont see your point ..:confused:

HibbyAndy
22-08-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't think there's any reasonable excuse for a Hibs player not being fit. I think we're not fit enough generally. What if it had been 0-0 with a second to go and we needed a point to win the league? Stop making excuses for mediocracy!

Ill take a pint of what your on please :agree:

MSK
22-08-2010, 06:08 PM
I thought you seemed to be accepting that it was sort of understandable that he was blowing out of his erse...I don't think it's acceptable.That's my point.Well yer wrong ..if you care to read my first post it was in relation to the op...i was giving my opinion on where i prefer to see him play ..i also agreed that he looked like he was blowing oot his erse ...why he was blowing oot his erse i dont know, perhaps you could tell me ..?

MSK
22-08-2010, 06:28 PM
He was blowing oot his erse cos he's not fit. I don't think we're fit enough generally.Did you spot any Rangers players blowing oot their erses? And giving goals away as a result?eg the Algerian boy giving up on De Graff? That's the difference pal..And that was the difference today.Little things like that but they won and we didn't.And it was down to discipline,belief and fitness rather than them being the better team IMO .. If I'm allowed one.Oh yer digging yer heels in eh ...ok i will keep it short & simple because either you have some agenda with me or you cant seem to grasp what ive said ..

Read post 1 then read my reply in relation to post 1..you are going off on a tangent ..i know he aint fit..thats why he was blowin oot ...ah i gie up !!! :faf:

HibbyAndy
22-08-2010, 06:31 PM
He was blowing oot his erse cos he's not fit. I don't think we're fit enough generally.Did you spot any Rangers players blowing oot their erses? And giving goals away as a result?eg the Algerian boy giving up on De Graff? That's the difference pal..And that was the difference today.Little things like that but they won and we didn't.And it was down to discipline,belief and fitness rather than them being the better team IMO .. If I'm allowed one.

Discipline?? Where aboot??

Weir should have been booked, Laughable was quite rightly sent off..On another day Bougherra would have seen red for his late lunge on Liam Miller,,Mcgregor tried to CHEAT and get Deeks sent off, Naismith has CONSTANTLY got to be in the refs ear about tackles, Its never his fault, Wether they are fitter than us is another topic for debate, But to say they were disciplined is , Well, Quite frankly laughable.