PDA

View Full Version : 17,145

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 02:20 PM
...according to the BBC. So who came closest in the competition?

Tbh, I didn't think there was that much. The Huns didn't sell all their tickets, I wouldn't have put more than 1,500 in the FF or 3,000 in the West and apart from a slither in the top left and bottom right of the East, it was full.

I'd have said 15,000.

RickyS
22-08-2010, 02:23 PM
...according to the BBC. So who came closest in the competition?

Tbh, I didn't think there was that much. The Huns didn't sell all their tickets, I wouldn't have put more than 1,500 in the FF or 3,000 in the West and apart from a slither in the top left and bottom right of the East, it was full.

I'd have said 15,000.

I was surprised at the gaps in the FF as its normally pretty full, I would agree that 15,000 would be nearer the truth, maybe they counted the smokers in the new stand who got to go out at half time on the way back in:greengrin

mglancy23
22-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I was surprised at the gaps in the FF as its normally pretty full, I would agree that 15,000 would be nearer the truth, maybe they counted the smokers in the new stand who got to go out at half time on the way back in:greengrin

the north stand was always going to show a decrease! i would imagine the majority of season ticket holders that moved came from the north.

hopefully we can the 20 000 mark against the hearts

Borders Hibby
22-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Famous five should be made a family stand.

Ozyhibby
22-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Famous five should be made a family stand.

I thought it was?:confused:

Golden Bear
22-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I thought it was?:confused:

The lower half only (I think)

madabouthibs
22-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I was in the west, and there was a few gaps. I only really went west coz I wanted to see what the East looked like full. :thumbsup:
To be honest, £44 for me and my 10 yo son is a bit of a joke too. Add to that a 10er for grub and, well to be honest thats nearly 3 months worth of Sky Sports! :cool2:

17k ain't to bad for a televised game on a Sunday at noon. :agree:

God Petrie
22-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I've moved my season ticket from the FF to the new east. Imagine there's a few others who've done the same.

Westie1875
22-08-2010, 03:37 PM
It was busier than I expected and I thought the west would be emptier than it was, only really the side sections looked bare. Over 17k isn't bad for a lunchtime kick off on a Sunday which is live on tv - you also need to take into account the hun factor, lots of folk don't want to take their kids to these games.

It will be more when the jambos come calling.

And.... the huns never sold all their tickets - and they have the cheek to moan about not getting enough. :bye:

Atalanta
22-08-2010, 03:40 PM
I guess quite a few people have moved from the FF lower section to the new east stand

Mac
22-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm sick of listening to people demanding new stadium, training facility, players on the park, this was a momentum occasion in hibs history and still
The 40000 fans wanting cup final tickets were sitting on their fat arse watching it on tv, uber fan I'm not, sick of the bull I am

Liam89
22-08-2010, 04:34 PM
I guessed 17124 :)

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Not to accuse us of going all Yammish and lying through the teeth, but if there were 17,000 in there today, the stadium must hold closer to 25,000.

Daz1875
22-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Mac i am with you mate , thats me just home from the game and i am raging i thought that today was supposed to be all about the fans and i looked around when i was in the east, and the west was far from full and the famous five was virtually empty what is going to happen when the likes of st mirren and ICT come to ER ? we cannot expect Yogi to bring in new players if we cannot get the support i have moved from the east to the south and back to the east (whilst our new home was being built)and it is always the same faces unless it is a big game we are the real fans not the so called !!
We will only be able attract players like Hogg (Who is Pi** when we cannot fill our stadium)

DISGRACE !!!

I'm sick of listening to people demanding new stadium, training facility, players on the park, this was a momentum occasion in hibs history and still
The 40000 fans wanting cup final tickets were sitting on their fat arse watching it on tv, uber fan I'm not, sick of the bull I am

lucky
22-08-2010, 05:39 PM
why worry about the attendance? If you go to the game then fine if other choose not that's there prerogative. Before anyone asks YES i was there in my shiny new seat in the east. Football is expensive and we are still going through tough economic times. £44 for a father and child to go to the game is a joke. Hibs did well with payment plan I'm surprised more did not take it up.

Barney McGrew
22-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Given the time of the game and the fact it was on TV, 17k plus was a pretty respectable number.

To put it in perspective, there were only 46,000 at Parkhead this afternoon for a 3pm KO that wasn't on the telly.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 06:14 PM
It would have been a sell-out had it been on Saturday at 3pm.

It did bring home to me what excellent value an ST at Hibs is. I was with two people who don't have ST's but were so impressed by the East, they both now plan to rectify that.

I think we'll possibly sell out the home game against Los Yambolinos.

The_Todd
22-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Or in perspective almost 3,000 more than the attendance of yesterdays English Premier match between Wigan and current EPL champions Chelsea.

Maybe we should join Rantic in looking for EPL admission :cool2:

Matty_Jack04
22-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Mac i am with you mate , thats me just home from the game and i am raging i thought that today was supposed to be all about the fans and i looked around when i was in the east, and the west was far from full and the famous five was virtually empty what is going to happen when the likes of st mirren and ICT come to ER ? we cannot expect Yogi to bring in new players if we cannot get the support i have moved from the east to the south and back to the east (whilst our new home was being built)and it is always the same faces unless it is a big game we are the real fans not the so called !!
We will only be able attract players like Hogg (Who is Pi** when we cannot fill our stadium)

DISGRACE !!!

oh well then lets all down tools tell the banks no bills to be paid this week and find someone else to feed my off spring cause the hibs need me!

Dry your eyes.

people goto the football when its affordable and they have the time NOT just because a shiny new stands been built.

£44 to take your laddy to see the likes of hogg and co. and listen to the bile that manky mob spout.....ram it!

NaeTechnoHibby
22-08-2010, 06:31 PM

Hi sweetie :greengrin

Long time no see :agree:

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
22-08-2010, 06:31 PM
As said above, no danger was there only 3000 seats empty. The club, for me, have to do more to get seats filled. All we hear is the family home this, the family home that. Fair enough this is the way they have chosen to market things, but am i alone in thinking they are overusing this? I just think they are a bit predictable, and its all starting to get a bit tacky at times. Even as regards the 'official opening' of the new stand should this not be done when it actually opens? By the time anything is done it will have long been open and the novelty will be starting to wear off.

chorley_fm
22-08-2010, 06:34 PM

I sat on my fat arse and watched the game

I will also be looking for a cup final ticket (should we get there)

in other words

Sergey
22-08-2010, 06:38 PM

in other words

:greengrin...me too, Chorley

NaeTechnoHibby
22-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I knew that the Famous Five stand (especially lower) would suffer as most of the peeps have been in there for yonks, me included. :agree:

Hibs should really think about bringing in some new packages for families with under 16's in the FFL IMO.

My group and nearly all of the peeps around us have children any more, but there was no where else suitable to go prior to the East opening today.

Having said that, I like my seat, it was roughly where I sat on the benches :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
22-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Can`t believe there was over 17000 there today. Lets say there was around 5500 in the east, 3000 in the south, 1500 in the north in which case there would have to be 7000 in the west? Can`t see it unless we are up to the Jambos tricks.

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2010, 07:24 PM
From my perfect seat almost on the half way line I would say:

East ...................... Looked near enough full so 6,000.

West ........................................ A lot of gaps 4,800.

FF .................. way down on pre new East days 1,500.

South ............... would rather it had been empty 3,400.

Total .... 15,700.

A number of factors contributed:

Rediculous kick off time.
Live T.V.
£27 For a walk up ticket.

If we have a different K.O. time for the Yams and the game is on a Saturday and we can pick up a few wins to get us back on track I would hope to improve on the above by about 3,000 for that game.

Frogga
22-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Motherwell have a deal on this year for young families...

1 adult and up to 3 kids in the family stand for £30. Not bad and I think a few of the other smaller clubs are giving it a go. Maybe we should follow suit?

Nakedmanoncrack
22-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Absolutely no chance there was 17,000 there today, I'd say 14/15K.

Ants
22-08-2010, 07:32 PM
So tell me why Hibs would lie then?

The more fans attending, the more revenue goes to the taxman.

They could be including every season ticket holder plus how many additional sales there have been.

Hearts do this, hence the reason they declare many more than it looks too have attended.

Barney McGrew
22-08-2010, 07:34 PM
East ...................... Looked near enough full so 6,000.

West ........................................ A lot of gaps 4,800.

FF .................. way down on pre new East days 1,500.

South ............... would rather it had been empty 3,400.

Total .... 15,700

The capacity of the stands is as follows:

West Stand 6,407
East Stand 6,400
Famous Five Stand 3,829
South Stand 3,943

I'd have said there were 5,000 in the West, 6,200 in the East and around 2,000 in the FF.

There were only around 200 spare in the Huns end which would take it to just over 17k

lyonhibs
22-08-2010, 07:34 PM
very sorry guys, I made the £16 round-trip to London - plus bevvy which was lessened by LHSC remarkably generous approach to buying newbies bevvy - instead of the £200+ round trip for 1 game. Il prob b wanting a cup final ticket if we get there, as shameful as that seemingly is.

RickyS
22-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Motherwell have a deal on this year for young families...

1 adult and up to 3 kids in the family stand for £30. Not bad and I think a few of the other smaller clubs are giving it a go. Maybe we should follow suit?

its not just the small clubs, the 3rd biggest club in the world do a kids season ticket for £25 so they deserve some credit for that especially when you consider they have 400,000 fans to draw from:greengrin

Frogga
22-08-2010, 07:40 PM
very sorry guys, I made the £16 round-trip to London - plus bevvy which was lessened by LHSC remarkably generous approach to buying newbies bevvy - instead of the £200+ round trip for 1 game. Il prob b wanting a cup final ticket if we get there, as shameful as that seemingly is.

I don't think the earlier posters' comments were directed at people in your position. More towards those who can afford to and are able to get to Easter Road every second Saturday.

Hibbyradge
22-08-2010, 08:16 PM
The Fishy site has the attendance as Attendance: 17, 145.

Bishop Hibee
22-08-2010, 08:26 PM

West Stand 6,407
East Stand 6,400
Famous Five Stand 3,829
South Stand 3,943

I'd have said there were 5,000 in the West, 6,200 in the East and around 2,000 in the FF.

There were only around 200 spare in the Huns end which would take it to just over 17k

:agree: Great turn out of Hibees today. Lets hope we can get the wins at home to back up the support.

HibbyRod
22-08-2010, 08:35 PM

West Stand 6,407
East Stand 6,400
Famous Five Stand 3,829
South Stand 3,943

I'm with you Barney!..........seemed about right to me from where I was sitting (perhaps slightly less in the East than your guestimate, but made up for elsewhere).

Why would Hibs lie about the attendance? :confused:

FranckSuzy
22-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Or in perspective almost 3,000 more than the attendance of yesterdays English Premier match between Wigan and current EPL champions Chelsea.

Maybe we should join Rantic in looking for EPL admission :cool2:

:agree: Exactly what I was thinking

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 08:50 PM

West Stand 6,407
East Stand 6,400
Famous Five Stand 3,829
South Stand 3,943

I doubt that there were 5,000 in the west. Looked little more than half-full to me. FF didn't look half-full. Close to 6,000 in the east though.

I agree that we should be doing something more for kids, in the FF.

marinello59
22-08-2010, 08:54 PM
I doubt that there were 5,000 in the west. Looked little more than half-full to me. FF didn't look half-full. Close to 6,000 in the east though.

Is that viewed from the East. I sit in the middle of the West and seemed as busy as ever but from what you say I guess the ends were empty?

Westie1875
22-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Is that viewed from the East. I sit in the middle of the West and seemed as busy as ever but from what you say I guess the ends were empty?

The ends were empty but I woud say it was still more than half full, probably between 4-5k.

Shrekko
22-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Hibs must have counted everyone who even thought about attending.

mayo hibee
22-08-2010, 10:42 PM
We might as well include season ticket sales added to one-off sales in our attendance - I guess that is what we've done here. Every other club seems to do it anyway so why make it look as though we have less supporters in the ground than the likes of Hearts when we actually have more. Makes counting the attendance a lot easier as well, it will all be on the database.

We won't have to pay any more tax either because that has to be paid on each ticket sold, regardless of whether they attend or not.

It will probably bring our average attendance up by more than 1000 over the season.

Removed
22-08-2010, 10:43 PM
The way these attendance threads pan out does my nut in. When I won the "guess the crowd" predictor last season at a Wed night Aberdeen game there was a thread on here after the official crowd was announced where folk were giving it :grr: "there was way more than that in the ground" :grr:

Now we are getting the exact opposite, :grr: no way there was 17K. Is it only me that's :confused:

Surely now every barcode that's scanned from a card or ticket registers a count on a server somehere. That's the attendance plus a few hundred hospitality.

Or is that too logical :confused: or too honest

SunnyLeither
22-08-2010, 10:48 PM
The way these attendance threads pan out does my nut in. When I won the "guess the crowd" predictor last season at a Wed night Aberdeen game there was a thread on here after the official crowd was announced where folk were giving it :grr: "there was way more than that in the ground" :grr:

Now we are getting the exact opposite, :grr: no way there was 17K. Is it only me that's :confused:

Surely now every barcode that's scanned from a card or ticket registers a count on a server somehere. That's the attendance plus a few hundred hospitality.

Or ia that too logical :confused: or too honest

I thought this thread title was the number of texts you sent out during the match :wink:

Removed
22-08-2010, 10:52 PM
I thought this thread title was the number of texts you sent out during the match :wink:

You only got 5 :greengrin

I'll just delete your number then :bye:

jgl07
22-08-2010, 11:15 PM

Your eyes need testing then.

I would think 5,000 in the West was pretty well spot on. There must have been 6,000+ in the East and there were very few empty seats in the South.

The failure of the Huns to sell out may have been because of the limited time to sell tickets.

I was in the Famous Five stand so it is hard to judge but the central section of the Upper Tier was reasonably well populated. It was a bit sparse in the top corners.

Given the 'database' problems and the fact that the ticket sales only really started in earnest when the go ahead for the stand's opening was given, the attendance looked good. This was especially the case for a Sunday lunchtime televised match.

The published figure did look about right.

Sir David Gray
22-08-2010, 11:30 PM
The ends were empty but I woud say it was still more than half full, probably between 4-5k.

:agree: Particularly the end closest to the Rangers fans, there was hardly anyone in that bit.

I would say the West Stand was around 70-75% full so that would mean that there would have been around 4,500-5,000 in the West.

Lucius Apuleius
23-08-2010, 05:33 AM

in other words

I actually stood and watched it, leaning on the back of a chair. Dunno why, just seemed right somehow.:greengrin

Oh, and I also will be looking for a cup final ticket should we get there (in fact, probably 4 or 5)

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Your eyes need testing then.

I would think 5,000 in the West was pretty well spot on. There must have been 6,000+ in the East and there were very few empty seats in the South.

The failure of the Huns to sell out may have been because of the limited time to sell tickets.

I was in the Famous Five stand so it is hard to judge but the central section of the Upper Tier was reasonably well populated. It was a bit sparse in the top corners.

Given the 'database' problems and the fact that the ticket sales only really started in earnest when the go ahead for the stand's opening was given, the attendance looked good. This was especially the case for a Sunday lunchtime televised match.

The published figure did look about right.

I've come here onto Kickback in good faith, haven't insulted any Hearts fans, have followed the forum rules, so personal insults like that are out of order...oh...that looks more greenish than maroon...must be Hibs.net....wait till I get my reading specs...

Nope, just calling it as I saw it. The centre of the west looked busy but the wings were empty and the lower tier was far sparser than the upper tier. FF looked less than half-full.

Felt you could have fitted in more than other 3,300, but I suppose, looking at it a different way, we would have had to accommodate all the huns from the south stand in the gaps around the rest of the ground. When looked at it that way, I might have been a bit harsh.

Hibbyradge
23-08-2010, 07:46 AM

Someone posted this pic of the West on another thread.

It looks pretty full.

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=6677&d=1282483330

Andy74
23-08-2010, 07:50 AM
My card in the East wasn't scanned. He just looked at it. That right?

Phil MaGlass
23-08-2010, 08:02 AM
FF looked quite empty on the telly,
I estimated 17,070,not far off it.