PDA

View Full Version : Not Too Despondant

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 02:14 PM
I thought played well till McBride was unjustly sent off (and the sex offender was unjustly kept on) but we expect referees to give the hun a helping hand.

The game was then opened up and Weiss thrived in the amount of space he had. We tried o do the same with Galbraith, he ought to have been given more service. If DR is out for a few games, i'd give him an extended run in the team.

More concerning was the injury to Hart, who looked the part at RB. Long time since i've seen a Hibs right-back go past a player to hit the byline and fire over a cross. Hope he's back soon.

In the first half we played some nice stuff, the team had a decent shape, and I think Yogi got it right. Still a bit of work to be done on the final ball, but some nice passing.

I think that we do have a decent chance of being the best of the rest. Don't see the Huns giving up their title to Celtic as tamely as some have suggested.

Hibby Kay-Yay
22-08-2010, 02:18 PM
I thought played well till McBride was unjustly sent off (and the sex offender was unjustly kept on) but we expect referees to give the hun a helping hand.

The game was then opened up and Weiss thrived in the amount of space he had. We tried o do the same with Galbraith, he ought to have been given more service. If DR is out for a few games, i'd give him an extended run in the team.

More concerning was the injury to Hart, who looked the part at RB. Long time since i've seen a Hibs right-back go past a player to hit the byline and fire over a cross. Hope he's back soon.

In the first half we played some nice stuff, the team had a decent shape, and I think Yogi got it right. Still a bit of work to be done on the final ball, but some nice passing.

I think that we do have a decent chance of being the best of the rest. Don't see the Huns giving up their title to Celtic as tamely as some have suggested.

At least the window is still open as we are short upfront and could do with cover at the back, someone that can play the CH/RB role would be ideal.

Hibby Bairn
22-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Agree Bob. Hibs more than matched Rangers until they scored and were unlucky not to be ahead. But quality counts and Rangers have that more than we do.

Been surprisingly impressed by Hibs in the first two games. Hopefully we can collect all 3 pts at St Mirren next weekend.

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-08-2010, 02:30 PM
I thought we played some nice stuff too and was generally happy with the way we played up until the 1st goal.

My concerns were the amount of passes that go astray and loosing possession too easily. I also thought we gave them too much space around the box and we didn't close them down soon enough.

I hope they keep their heads up though as we seemed to have a decent balance in the team, until the injuries anyway! :boo hoo:

Can we pull Kevin McCann back from ICT if Hart is out or does it not work like that?

Hibs Class
22-08-2010, 02:35 PM

I'd like to see Galbraith get a run, but he'll have to work on his crossing. Today, as when he came on against Maribor, he either failed to cross or really overhit it.

SaulGoodman
22-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Can we pull Kevin McCann back from ICT if Hart is out or does it not work like that?
Wish we could now, just scored a screamer for ICT

fife hfc
22-08-2010, 03:28 PM
As said I felt we played well up until we lost the first goal. I think the sending off of mcbride had more of an effect on us than them losing lafferty. We will certainly play worse and lose as said above they have the better quality and Weiss looks like he will tear defences to shreds up here.

Spike Mandela
22-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Wish we could now, just scored a screamer for ICT

Seemed a strange loan deal considering Hart's previous injury problems. No doubt wotherspoon will be moved back to RB again.

Kaiser1962
22-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I though we were doing ok, although Rangers were coming back into the game, when McBride got sent off. The worrying thing is thats the first tim we have lost five home games in a row since the 1920's. Dosent fill me with confidence when I think of it like that.

And God knows what we're going to do defensively if we sell Bamba.

skipster7
22-08-2010, 05:23 PM
i thought we were pretty good until the refs blunder/s was a little disheartened that with 20 mins to go at home we seemed to have given up any real hope of a comeback.we seemed to stand far too far off them and a few players looked very leggy.

Frogga
22-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah we played well and think the first goal decided it.

I mean it could be worse, we could've just lost 4-0 at home to ICT :wink:

Hibby 2005
22-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Seemed a strange loan deal considering Hart's previous injury problems. No doubt wotherspoon will be moved back to RB again.

Agree, not one of Yogi's better moves. Having said that, McCann is no stranger to injury.

hibsbollah
22-08-2010, 08:40 PM
It was a strange game, never a 0-3.

The first 45 minutes especially we were very composed, dominated possession and looked sharp. Goal against the run of play, terrible sending off decision changed the game, and then reality came into play. When Uncle Walter wants to change the game, he can bring on £3million James Beattie, Yogi's options are limited to bringing on Nish and Rankin.