PDA

View Full Version : McBride Sending Off (merged)

Cool_Hand_Luke
22-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Was it a sending off?
At the game it looked like he might have just been blootering the ball up the park...and Lafferty just got in the way :greengrin

Riordans Boots
22-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Sorry if posted in amoungst the matchthreads -

Was never a sending off in a million years :bitchy:

Lafferty is a complete bawbag and a compulsive cheat :agree:

Yogi waited on the ref at half time to have a word with him and in his interview at the end he said that the ref would be embarrassed at the decision made.

Mon Yogi - get the appeal in :agree::thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2010, 02:00 PM
He was attempting a Chic Charnley from what I could see.

hibee_girl
22-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Watching it at the game it just looked like he had hit the ball and like you say Lafferty was just in the way.

I don't think he deserved to get sent off and I think we should appeal it. What Laffery did was violent conduct, McBride did nothing of the sort.

Andy74
22-08-2010, 02:03 PM
How can you get sent off for kicking the ball when you believe it to be still in play? He could have been playing it for a throw in for all the ref knows. Hitting a player intentionally with the ball happens all the time.

J-C
22-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Deliberately kicked the ball at Laugherty, so aided in the players squaring up after initial challenge, Hughes was told during interview that he could if wnted appeal against the red as it was a straught red.

PeeJay
22-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Looked to me like he aimed fair and square at Lafferty after hearing the whistle blow - yellow was all he deserved though!

bighairyfaeleith
22-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Never a sending off.

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-08-2010, 02:13 PM
It was an absolute disgrace of a decision as was the Riordan booking.

CraigHibee
22-08-2010, 02:14 PM
it certainly wasnt a red, certainly no violent conduct!

players should be encouraged to blast the ball at lafferty!

SteveHFC
22-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Never a sending off.

McGregor should have been sent off.

Lafferty :grr::grr::grr::grr:

Beefster
22-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Hughes said that the referee initially said it was for squaring up to Lafferty. After obviously viewing the incident at half-time, the ref had changed his mind and said it was for kicking the ball at the player.

I presume we can expect anyone who blasts a free-kick into the wall to be red carded too from now on?

RickyS
22-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Looked to me like he aimed fair and square at Lafferty after hearing the whistle blow - yellow was all he deserved though!

defo, anyone else ever seen a red given for kicking the ball at someone? these are the breaks the bigot brothers get that nobody else does. an opportunity to even it up was all it was. if the roles had been reversed it would never have been two reds.

BEEJ
22-08-2010, 02:19 PM
if the roles had been reversed it would never have been two reds.
That's the problem, right there!

The bigots and the powers that be don't see it, however. Neither do the pundits, unfortunately.

shamo9
22-08-2010, 02:21 PM
It was an absolute disgrace of a decision as was the Riordan booking.

If the referees are capable of setting a precedent over shirt pulling then something needs to be done about players falling over so blatantly to get a guy sent off. All it takes is a few red cards to be dished out and then they'll quickly come up with some other way to make an idiot of themselves.

GreenPJ
22-08-2010, 02:24 PM
How can you get sent off for kicking the ball when you believe it to be still in play? He could have been playing it for a throw in for all the ref knows. Hitting a player intentionally with the ball happens all the time.

:agree: I think if the ref has changed his mind and said the sending off was for deliberately kicking the ball at the phud then it will all depend on how closely he blew to stop play. I thought he only did that after McBride kicked the ball at him.

PC Stamp
22-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Brines completely lost his grip on the game after the McGregor/Riordan incident and Rangers saw an opportunity to wind things up as usual. Weak refereeing from one of the weakest officials in the game. The fact that he's allegedly changed his mind for what he sent McBride off for should be more than reason enough for that red card to be overturned.

AND the SFA/SPL should have the baws to deal with the McGregor incident post game with the available TV evidence. But they won't.

sambajustice
22-08-2010, 02:35 PM
I think it might have just deserved a red card to be honest. If it misses Lafferty nothing happens. But he's went and and absolutely drilled it at him. He knew what he was doing. Probably a yellow, maybe a red. Probably only gave the red because of the stramash, if it was just a nothing foul and he's came in and done that he probably just gets a yellow but because of the situation he's got a red.

Thought Hibs were comfortable, they've gobbed a lucky goal and we've crumbled. De Graaf scores we might go on and win.

Hughes needs to sign a couple of players. You know we're effed when rankin and nish come on as subs!!!

Duffys13
22-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Two Incidents

1. Beast and Riordan - Beast in the wrong, Riordan get's the same punishment.

2. Lafferty and McBride - Lafferty in the wrong, McBride gets the same punishment. (Although he did mean to boot the ball off him)

Absolute proof you play more than 11 men when you play Rangers.

I'm absoloutely sick of it.

snooky
22-08-2010, 02:44 PM
That's the problem, right there!

The bigots and the powers that be don't see it, however. Neither do the pundits, unfortunately.

I'm sure they do and they probably instigate it too. :grr:

Hibs Class
22-08-2010, 02:46 PM
At the match I thought I must have missed something that McBride did. Now home and watched the recording and I don't even see a yellow for McBride. Kicking the ball at Lafferty at approx. the same time the whistle went wasn't an offence, he hasn't lifted his hands or anything like that. Quite puzzling.

SaulGoodman
22-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Lafferty and McGregor, the Rangers comedy diving duo. They should be ashamed

down-the-slope
22-08-2010, 02:49 PM
never a red for McBride..but he did mean to blooter ball at him...he saw the challenge lafferty made which the ref was about to blow for...and McBride had a i'm going to get you for that look..and blootered it with great accuracy....Laughing boy then jumps up and pushes McBride violently..

Cant see how belting the ball is not ok...if at a free kick a player does not retreat and ball is blootered at him kick is retaken and player hit with ball booked for infringing..

Laughing boy should get booked just for being crap and ugly...gers probably releived he got binned

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Have to say that I think Kevin deserved his red card. Utter stupidity and red mist, but he aimed the ball purposely at a grounded opposition player (although even then not hard enough IMO :greengrin). It was however violent conduct and he deserved his card I'm afraid. MacGregor should hang his cheating head in shame and I hope that his diving is examined by the SFA and he is punished. Many e-mails should be sent to the SFA methinks this week. Derek wasn't even close to him. Laugherty deserved his red card for previously having a mullet.

Westie1875
22-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Brines completely lost his grip on the game after the McGregor/Riordan incident and Rangers saw an opportunity to wind things up as usual. Weak refereeing from one of the weakest officials in the game. The fact that he's allegedly changed his mind for what he sent McBride off for should be more than reason enough for that red card to be overturned.

AND the SFA/SPL should have the baws to deal with the McGregor incident post game with the available TV evidence. But they won't.

At the time I wasn't sure what McBride had gone for an assumed it was for lifting his hands to Laugherty, however having since seen it on tv there is absolutely no way he deserved a red card - and I don't think he intentionally kicked the ball at Laugherty, looked to just be trying to punt it up the park and the twat got in the way.

Brines is an erse! :bye:

Hibs On Tour
22-08-2010, 04:02 PM
I think it might have just deserved a red card to be honest. If it misses Lafferty nothing happens. But he's went and and absolutely drilled it at him. He knew what he was doing. Probably a yellow, maybe a red. Probably only gave the red because of the stramash, if it was just a nothing foul and he's came in and done that he probably just gets a yellow but because of the situation he's got a red.

Thought Hibs were comfortable, they've gobbed a lucky goal and we've crumbled. De Graaf scores we might go on and win.

Hughes needs to sign a couple of players. You know we're effed when rankin and nish come on as subs!!!

Almost agree with it all apart from the last line. When we have better that won't be the case but as it stands we are what we are. Hughes ain't daft - he knows we need a bigger, better squad.

For me, Riordan was unlucky to be booked for challenge on McGreggor. McGreggor should have got a straight red for simulation - after all, if the ref thought he'd been hit, Riordan would have got a straight red. As he didn't, ref must have known McGreggor was at it.

Lafferty's challenge was a disgrace. Blatant attempt to injure Miller or at best he had the red mist still up from his previous foul tackle. Either way straight red for that kind of challenge has to be the outcome. McBride was an arse full stop - 100% he meant to hit Lafferty which is just plain bloody stupid. But it was *never* in the million years a straight red. Yellow all the way and a talking to for being an erse but I've never seen a player shown a straight red for kicking the ball at an opponent.

PS - if its a straight red for kicking the ball against an opponent then McGreggor should surely have been shown a second yellow for running from his goal to the half-way line to become involved in the stramash no?

Hibs On Tour
22-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Two Incidents

2. Lafferty and McBride - Lafferty in the wrong, McBride gets the same punishment. (Although he did mean to boot the ball off him)

100%

Sir David Gray
22-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I haven't had a chance to see the incident again on TV but I have spoken to someone (a neutral) who watched the game and he said that Lafferty deserved to go but McBride didn't.

From what I saw at the time, it looked as if Lafferty fouled Miller and just as Brines was blowing his whistle, McBride went to clear the ball and it just happened to hit Lafferty. McBride was then assaulted by Lafferty.

Kyle Lafferty is an absolutely disgusting human being who has no purpose on the pitch except to wind people up and get them sent off.

McGregor's actions during the Riordan incident were also disgraceful and he should have been sent off as well.

Then again, I suppose you can't expect anything else from people who play for such an odious football club.

Bishop Hibee
22-08-2010, 04:13 PM
The red cards for McBride and Lafferty had a bigger effect on us than the huns as McBride was playing well and Lafferty was dire. Lafferty wheels his arms about like a maniac and McBride attempts to boot the ball up the pitch and yet the same punishment?

As for McGregor - not seen it on tv yet but by all accounts a disgrace.

Huns are the lowest of Scottish society protected by the SFA and politicians (regarding their refusal to condemn non-signing of Roman Catholics until the late 80's) for over 100 years and it makes me sick.

SidBurns
22-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Will be interesting to see what Brines puts the sending off down as. Either has to be Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct, none of which it could be really...

skipster7
22-08-2010, 05:11 PM

had the ref blew his whistle when mcbride kicked the ball ? if he had then you are talking fractions of a second and if not you can surely kick the ball however/wherever you want when the ball is in play.if you blast the ball towards goal from 2 yards and it hits someone on the line should you now expect a straight red brines was a complete tool and directly affected the result as mcbride was much more influential than laughable

lucky
22-08-2010, 05:17 PM
just watched both incidents McGregor is a disgrace as he attempted to get a fellow pro sent off with his cheating.

Lafferty is a hot head who deserved to walk for his reaction to being hit with a ball.

McBride should not have even been booked for kicking a ball at an opponent, Yogi stated Brines changed his mine over what the red was for. KM was a big loss to Hibs but first goal was crucial. Beaten 0-3 at home yet I thought we played well today.

jane_says
22-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Surely MacGregor should have been sent off for two yellows? Riordan and MacGregor square up - in this day and age it's always going to get you booked. Then he goes down as if he's been shot. Surely another yellow for simulation?

Btw did anyone see De Graaf going absolutely bananas at MacGregor? Had to be dragged away by Weir and Liam Miller, was giving him an absolute earful:thumbsup:

The Silver Fox
22-08-2010, 05:36 PM
McGregor is a complete idiot for what he did in the spat with Riordan. An overpaid waste of space who should never have been brought back into the fold with Scotland. He made out that Riordan headbutted him, Lafferty done something similar against Aberdeen. What a pair of a88holes.

Lafferty made a challenge that made him look like a disjointed giraffe. He is a baffoon, a waste of £4m in transfer fees and everthing that is wrong in the game today with his bling bling Bentley and WAG bird. He is a proven cheat and for me McBride never blootered that ball hard enough at him.

Hibs Class
22-08-2010, 05:36 PM
The red cards for McBride and Lafferty had a bigger effect on us than the huns as McBride was playing well and Lafferty was dire. Lafferty wheels his arms about like a maniac and McBride attempts to boot the ball up the pitch and yet the same punishment?

As for McGregor - not seen it on tv yet but by all accounts a disgrace.

Huns are the lowest of Scottish society protected by the SFA and politicians (regarding their refusal to condemn non-signing of Roman Catholics until the late 80's) for over 100 years and it makes me sick.

You should watch the highlights on now. Quite embarrassing.

Hibhibhooray
22-08-2010, 06:01 PM
I sit at the tunnel, whistle went as McBride kicked it, no way he could not kick it, never a sending off!!

22-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Two Incidents

:agree:, typical when your playing the old firm, one set of rules for them, another for everyone else! Referee just trying to even things up, god forbid rangers being at any kind of disadvantage! Weir should have been booked aswell for holding McBride by the scruff of the neck, but of course no referee would dare punish the rangers captain! Brinnes along with most referees in Scotland is a coward and fears the old firm. If the McBride/Lafferty incident had been the other way around, no danger would a rangers player be sent off for kicking the ball at a hibs player!

Laffertys reaction was disgraceful - the guy is a pathetic excuse for a football player, spends all his time falling about and cheating (mind you thats all he realy can do cos he certainly cant play football !). £3 million for this lanky, useless clown :faf::faf::faf::bye:

Huns really showed there true colours today - disgrace the lot of them :bitchy:!

Hibees07
22-08-2010, 06:24 PM
I have just watched the incident with McBride about 5 times, at normal speed & slow motion. What I can see clearly is that after the tackle by Lafferty on Miller Lafferty is looking towards the ball as McBride runs in to kick it, at this point he continues his movement towards the ball in a blocking motion and gets hit with the ball on his lower back/butt. Whilst McBride probably did intend booting the ball at him there is absoulutely no way on earth he should have been sent off, had Lafferty not moved towards blocking the ball he would not have even been hit by it.

Typical weegie bias. :grr:

Hibi
22-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Totally agree, if it had been other way around it would never have resulted in 2 reds. Once again left with a bitter taste as you feel game could possibly have been different but for the referee's intervention. Recall similar decisions against them, beuzelin being sent off for getting knocked over by Boyd, laursen having a penalty given against him when a shot was driven at him on the ground? Think he was pushing himself up off the ground after being fouled?! Or certainly they are my recollections of the incidents!

Very frustrating though as I feel you don't get fair crack at them thanks to inept refereeing and the playing field is already stacked in their favour.:grr:

Hibby 2005
22-08-2010, 06:32 PM
McBride got caught up in the heat of the moment and was foolish. Laughferty may well have been sent off anyway.

H18sry
22-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Here is a kind of neutral perspective of the 2 major 1st half incidents taken from the TAMB http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=121005&st=0 says it all really :grr:

kev1875
22-08-2010, 06:47 PM
The whistle had not been blown before McBride had kicked it. Never a sending off and it should be overturned by the protestant fellowship of the SFA.

Ants
22-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Here is a kind of neutral perspective of the 2 major 1st half incidents taken from the TAMB http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=121005&st=0 says it all really :grr:

I cannae figure out just what they mean..............

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2010, 07:04 PM
I sit at the tunnel, whistle went as McBride kicked it, no way he could not kick it, never a sending off!!

From row Z in the East I was sure that McBride kicked the ball before the ref blew and so it was never a sending off.

As for that cheating clown McGregor just how many times is this CHEAT going to be allowed to try to get opposition players sent off, he got a player from another team booked at Hunbrox last season by deliberately running into him and then making out he had been fouled and its not the first time he has pulled this stunt.

Never mind the SPL or the SFA. Its time the SPFA got this guy round to their office and told him to have more bloody respect for his fellow pros.

Saorsa
23-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Was it a sending off?
At the game it looked like he might have just been blootering the ball up the park...and Lafferty just got in the way :greengrinNever a sending off, perfect opportunity for Brines the cheat tae even things up though because he hae tae send the hun off, Hibs may well appeal and win but that'll do nothing tae change the result of the game. Cheating ***** :bitchy:

That's why they are the champions :bitchy: because they get everything handed tae them on a ****in' plate, cheating *****

Hibby 2005
23-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Never a sending off, perfect opportunity for Brines the cheat tae even things up though because he hae tae send the hun off, Hibs may well appeal and win but that'll do nothing tae change the result of the game. Cheating ***** :bitchy:

That's why they are the champions :bitchy: because they get everything handed tae them on a ****in' plate, cheating *****

Deary me.

If McBride had kept the heid he'd have saved the ref the easy out option. Time for some of our players to grow up a little and play more with their heads. McBrides actions probably cost us the game.

Peevemor
23-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Deary me.

If McBride had kept the heid he'd have saved the ref the easy out option. Time for some of our players to grow up a little and play more with their heads. McBrides actions probably cost us the game.

I don't think that McBride lost the head. There was a scramble, the ball bounced loose and he booted it. If the whistle had gone it could only have been a fraction of a second before he kicked the ball and he was already committed. In the stramash that followed he stood his ground and nothing more.

IMHO, that's the behaviour/commitment we want from our players. How often last season did people complain about guys wandering about looking uninterested?

RoxburghHibs
23-08-2010, 09:40 AM
My understanding is that McBride was sent off for "barging" - TV pictures prove he did no barging whatsoever.

So this was nothing to do with him kicking tha ball after the whistle etc (even though he kicked the ball in active play which is not an illegal offence).

Do we actually know why he got a red card as this is very confusing

:confused:

Hibby 2005
23-08-2010, 12:24 PM
My understanding is that McBride was sent off for "barging" - TV pictures prove he did no barging whatsoever.

So this was nothing to do with him kicking tha ball after the whistle etc (even though he kicked the ball in active play which is not an illegal offence).

Do we actually know why he got a red card as this is very confusing

:confused:

I assume for violent conduct as he delberately aimed the ball at a player lying on the ground.

BEEJ
23-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I assume for violent conduct as he delberately aimed the ball at a player lying on the ground.
But if so then the ball actually hit the intended 'target'. McBride??

Defence rests.

:wink:

Judas Iscariot
23-08-2010, 12:37 PM

Kicking the ball at a opponent is deemed "Ungentemly conduct" which is punishable with a yellow card..

McBride was already kicking the ball when the cheating **** Brines blew his whistle so he couldn't stop!

If the whistle hadn't blown would McBride have been penalised? No!

Ref bottled it big time, cheating corrupt Hun *******..

kev1875
23-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Deary me.

Rubbish, McBride kicked the ball before a whistle had been blown. The tv replays confirm it was never a sending off and Hibs should definitely appeal the decision.

Hibs On Tour
23-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Kicking the ball at a opponent is deemed "Ungentemly conduct" which is punishable with a yellow card.

And that is ALL that needs to be said about the KM card. Should have been a yellow 100%. Hibs should appeal. Stick on win.

db03
23-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I have watched this a few times now and McBride should never have been sent off http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8935376.stm

CropleyWasGod
23-08-2010, 09:45 PM
What goes around etc....

Last season, McBride got away with a yellow against :confused:, and, IMO, was very lucky to stay on the park.

Karma?