PDA

View Full Version : Mark Brown

DH1875
22-08-2010, 01:46 PM
So he finally got his game and that's us now seen him in a Hibs jersey. What's your thoughts? Is he our new number 1. I reckon he showed some good stuff but did make the odd mistake and could be held responsable for a couple of their goals, but hey he is a Hibs goalie after all.

lucky
22-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Thought he played well. He is due a run in the team.

BEEJ
22-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Does seem to confirm that Smith is now well down the GK pecking order.

Matty_Jack04
22-08-2010, 01:51 PM
he never had to bad a game IMO thought he could have done better with the first (put the ball past the post) apart from that a decent game

Hibi
22-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Thought he looked pretty solid, looked assured with good handling a couple of really good saves, particularly from Naismith at near post. Don't think he could have done much about goals, first took a wicked deflection and did well to get to it.

Violater
22-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Looks pretty solid. Maybe should have done better by parrying the ball further away for the first goal. Didnt have a bad game imo.

Beefster
22-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Did everything right and make a couple of outstanding saves. He should have the jersey until he deserves to be dropped.

RickyS
22-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Does seem to confirm that Smith is now well down the GK pecking order.

I thought Brown done well and is due his chance, Sure Smith was on the bench tho, so he is 2nd choice? unless Stack was injured?

No.4
22-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Thought he played pretty well but had a couple of shaky moments, the punched clearance in the first half and the first goal but with a few games look like he will be a welcome addition.

Why was Stack not playing today? Injured or dropped?

BEEJ
22-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I thought Brown done well and is due his chance, Sure Smith was on the bench tho, so he is 2nd choice? unless Stack was injured?
As Stack is injury-prone and didn't feature at all, I would guess that he's back on the physio's table.

Which on today's line-up would appear to make Smith our third choice keeper.

Golden Bear
22-08-2010, 02:31 PM
We really should stop highlighting EVERY minor slip that our keepers may have in a game.

Concentrate on the positives rather than the negatives and I thought Mark Brown had an excellent game today and in no way was responsible for any of the goals.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Decent performance - well done Mark, and welcome to ER.

We lost because we didn't have quite enough sharpness up front and Rangers were able to bring on more pace when play was stretched with 10 men.

RickyS
22-08-2010, 02:36 PM
We really should stop highlighting EVERY minor slip that our keepers may have in a game.

Concentrate on the positives rather than the negatives and I thought Mark Brown had an excellent game today and in no way was responsible for any of the goals.

agree, I think we have had things so bad with goalies in recent years its become part of the post match routine to criticise the goalies performance.

basil fawlty
22-08-2010, 02:38 PM
So he finally got his game and that's us now seen him in a Hibs jersey. What's your thoughts? Is he our new number 1. I reckon he showed some good stuff but did make the odd mistake and could be held responsable for a couple of their goals, but hey he is a Hibs goalie after all.

rubbish how was he reponsable for a couple of goals, one punch he did caused problems but bamba headed away, apart from that he had a good game, these so called goalkeeping experts on this board want to click their brain into gear before posting .

Gettin' Auld
22-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Why was Stack not playing today? Injured or dropped?

Done his back in again. :agree:

RickyS
22-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Done his back in again. :agree:

worrying

Big Frank
22-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Some of his saves in the second half were magnificent.

Much better than the other two IMO.

7Hero
22-08-2010, 03:03 PM
He came off his line which makes me a lot happier

GreenPJ
22-08-2010, 03:23 PM
He came off his line which makes me a lot happier

:agree:

Atalanta
22-08-2010, 03:26 PM
I thought he had a decent game. He came for crosses which Stack doesn't and he was decisive kicking a long diagonal into touch in the first half rather that hesitating like Smith does. He is well worth being given a run as first choice.

heidtheba
22-08-2010, 03:28 PM
I think he was pretty good - could have palmed that ball away more for goal 1 but I felt confident in him. I also hope we get a period with him which lets his defence and him get 'properly introduced'.

skipster7
22-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Thought he looked pretty solid, looked assured with good handling a couple of really good saves, particularly from Naismith at near post. Don't think he could have done much about goals, first took a wicked deflection and did well to get to it.

i thought he played well but really could and should have turned the first round the post given that he got such a solid hand on it. him coming and catching a few crosses makes all the difference.:thumbsup:

down-the-slope
22-08-2010, 03:38 PM
rather than disect every part of his play...best thing I can say is he did what he had to well enough (although not a busy game) seems to understand the passing from the back...and i did not find myself suffering squeaky bum every time it came into our box..in fact CH's & Keeper best joint display in a long while

At The Edge
22-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Thought Brown was decent today, seemed to command his box and let the defenders around him know where he was,
Defo should have the jersey until futher notice.
Possibly the reason IMO that Hogg played better today, knew that the goalie was confident behind him, takes some of the pressure off the defence.

DaveF
22-08-2010, 04:36 PM

Total pish (IMO)

Perhaps he could have turned the deflection out for a corner, but he looked confident and played well.

Permanent fixture for me.

Dunbar Hibee
22-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Thought he had a very good game.

Underdose
22-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Didn't think Brown did anything wrong today. Was unlucky with the 1st goal after they got very lucky with a deflection.

His handling was good. Came off his line for the ball, kicking was solid. We should definitly stick with him in goal untilt here is a very good reason not to. Cant keep switching the goalies every game - it does their confidence no good and doesnt help build a relationship with the defence.

For my money he is as good if not better (doesnt look as casual) as Stack and if Stack is going to be very injury prone then its not worth putting him in only for him to be unavailable the next game.

stokesmessiah
22-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Thank goodness the goalie issue seems to be resolving itself.Stack injured again,Smith unfortunately played himself into the wilderness but Brown certainly seems the best of the three.Very unlucky at the first goal when he pushed the shot that was going past the post back into play,and Miller's rocket left footed shot was unstoppable as it bulleted in through the huge gap that the angle provided.The most promising aspect of his game for me was when he took command of his box to punch the ball to safety on one occasion.I do prefer a goalie that comes for balls :agree:

I think your right with this, i think Yogi has seen he is not up to standard now also.

And i would like to ask everyone if you think we should try and punt him before the window closes now??? I really cant see the argument for having three "1st team" keepers on the books, surely its better to free up or even save that money???

Twiglet
22-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Liked him. My preferred of the 3.
Wasn't afraid to come off the line, held the ball well.

The goals? Not much he could have done, felt that came down to outfield players ball watching rather than player marking (I thought that was a must in the box).

One incident in the first half where he caught the ball and the Rangers player barged in to him, but he kept hold of the ball, put a lot of confidence in me about him.

I would like to see him between the sticks next week.

BEEJ
22-08-2010, 06:59 PM
I think your right with this, i think Yogi has seen he is not up to standard now also.

And i would like to ask everyone if you think we should try and punt him before the window closes now??? I really cant see the argument for having three "1st team" keepers on the books, surely its better to free up or even save that money???
Strong argument for doing so but with Stack so injury prone I suspect that Yogi will want to keep three keepers in the squad as cover.

Frogga
22-08-2010, 07:48 PM
The save from a header at the end looked brilliant from where I was sitting (FF) :agree:

rainman
23-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Out of the 3, I like Stack but he is not much better than Brown.

If he is a crock and we can expect him to be out every 2 or 3 games, I'd rather we stuck with Brown and got a little stability in that position for the first time in years.

That also means not dropping or abusing Brown the first time he makes a couple of mistakes.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Out of the 3, I like Stack but he is not much better than Brown.

If he is a crock and we can expect him to be out every 2 or 3 games, I'd rather we stuck with Brown and got a little stability in that position for the first time in years.

That also means not dropping or abusing Brown the first time he makes a couple of mistakes.

I agree we have to talk up our keepers more. So the Brown For Scotland campaign starts here.

"Mark is a decent keeper but, and I'm sure he won't mind me saying this, he doesn't do enough work outside the box. Playing in this role for Scotland, your discipline, dedication and personal behaviour has to be spot-on. He should look to the keepers in the current squad as an example." -Pottah