PDA

View Full Version : Yogi Please (merged)

DH1875
22-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Ok can we please no have all the usual crap saying Yogi must go, Yogi no up to it, Yogi's tatics are crap etc, etc...

Thought he got it spot on the day and hope he continues to go down that road with that starting 11 when possible. Was never a 3-0 game and if De Graff had done his job we would have had a right chance. McBride was unlucky to go and Deeks and Harts injuries can't be blamed on Yogi.

cjward2
22-08-2010, 01:23 PM
:agree:

Row H
22-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Ok can we please no have all the usual crap saying Yogi must go, Yogi no up to it, Yogi's tatics are crap etc, etc...

Thought he got it spot on the day and hope he continues to go down that road with that starting 11 when possible. Was never a 3-0 game and if De Graff had done his job we would have had a right chance. McBride was unlucky to go and Deeks and Harts injuries can't be blamed on Yogi.

Petrie :grr::grr::grr:

cjward2
22-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Ach, thought I would maybe try and get a more positive thread going ahead of all the usual, "Sack Yogi..." etc.

Thought he put out a good team today before injuries and the ref played a part.

heidtheba
22-08-2010, 01:34 PM
I'd agree. Good setup for the start and his weakness of bringing on the wrong subs didn't show this time (I thought Gablraith was a good one to bring on and there were no alternatives to the injuries).

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2010, 01:36 PM
When it looked like Deek was done in I instantly thought 'If Yogis learned his lesson he'll bring on Galbraith rather than Nish'. Well done, Yogi.

Matty_Jack04
22-08-2010, 01:41 PM
good to see galbraith on today thought he looked no a bad player at all some good runs forward and 1 cracking tackle tracking back hope to see more of him

sesoim
22-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm not a Hughes fan, but he can't be blamed for anything today. Our overall record against Rangers under Hughes isn't looking too impressive though.

CB_NO3
22-08-2010, 01:59 PM
To be fair Yogi got the system spot on today, we just did not have the quality as Rangers do. Everyone wanted Ant and Deek upfront and thats what we got. I still believe Hogg has to be dropped, he lacks confidence and his distribution is the worst in the league. I also dont like McBride in midfield, for me he is to negative and always goes back the way. I know he is holding the midfield but I believe you could get a player to do that and offer more going forward. For me De Graaf is the weak link, always gets dragged in, and offers nothing on the right when Hart gets the ball.

Rougier45
22-08-2010, 02:13 PM
aye spot onn to start with but a managers job is to make changes as the game evolves when mcbride went of he had to be replaced --couldnt believe at HT no changes--we lost midfield and were awful 2nd half__yogo has to gogo--he has nothing between the ears__jumpers for goalposts ___sniffin about --passion

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Step. Away. From. The. Keyboard.

CB_NO3
22-08-2010, 02:23 PM
They got a lucky break for the first goal then Smith being the quality manager that he is knew our heads went down and brought on the young Slovakian boy on who ripped us apart, but untill then we matched them. I would have liked to see Galbraith come on earlier as 10 v 10 means alot of space. What annoys me was the players were fighting for one another in the 1st half but stopped in the second half were as the Huns battled for 90 minutes, is that a fitness issue?, who knows.

PS I have not said went twice so why is is coming up twice.

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Just back from the game and I can't see how Hughes can be faulted for formation or tactics. First half we had most of the possession without any real cutting edge. Game was crying out for some width but Rangers were compact. A case of a midfield battle. Hibs today however seemed really unsure and lacked that confidence to go at Rangers (who were poor as I have ever seen until they scored). Riordan had a great chance but shot straight at keeper, De Graff should have anticipated the chance, but Hibs looked threatening with Galbraith over the top and wide. What I cannot ever accept from Hibs is the "heads down" mentality when they scored. Hughes harps on about "winners" and "leaders", yet there were none. It was as if they gave up the ghost and were scared to concede more. We lost our shape completely and gave up possession easily. No one again took the game by the scruff, gained composure, and led the side. Wotherspoon was terrible today, very unsure and always looked for a ball inside. De Graff was again yards behind the game, and Stokes was given nothing to work on. I actually like Hart, but someone should attach a compass to his shorts, as when he does get brave enough to venture beyond the halfway line we looked a little more penetrating. In short we have no pace, no real width and no drive. That game was perfect for wee Zemmama. I am really really disappointed in Hibernian today. No guts or confidence in their ability. Rangers were there for the taking big time.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Just back from the game and I can't see how Hughes can be faulted for formation or tactics. First half we had most of the possession without any real cutting edge. Game was crying out for some width but Rangers were compact. A case of a midfield battle. Hibs today however seemed really unsure and lacked that confidence to go at Rangers (who were poor as I have ever seen until they scored). Riordan had a great chance but shot straight at keeper, De Graff should have anticipated the chance, but Hibs looked threatening with Galbraith over the top and wide. What I cannot ever accept from Hibs is the "heads down" mentality when they scored. Hughes harps on about "winners" and "leaders", yet there were none. It was as if they gave up the ghost and were scared to concede more. We lost our shape completely and gave up possession easily. No one again took the game by the scruff, gained composure, and led the side. Wotherspoon was terrible today, very unsure and always looked for a ball inside. De Graff was again yards behind the game, and Stokes was given nothing to work on. I actually like Hart, but someone should attach a compass to his shorts, as when he does get brave enough to venture beyond the halfway line we looked a little more penetrating. In short we have no pace, no real width and no drive. That game was perfect for wee Zemmama. I am really really disappointed in Hibernian today. No guts or confidence in their ability. Rangers were there for the taking big time.

The McBride sending off and the Hart injury were big losses for us. When play was stretched at 10 men, Weiss came on and had all the room in the world. We tried too inject pace with Galbraith, but he wasn't given enough of the ball, because our midfield had capitulated after McBride.

(((Fergus)))
22-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Same thing happened with Maribor. They are too quick to accept defeat. It is a major problem.

hibiedude
22-08-2010, 02:57 PM
At last Yogi got the team and formation right

as for your stupid... Usual crap quote...if Yogi gets the team playing the way they did first half today on a regular basis people like me will start to think that maybe he is the right man for the job.

I hope the happy clappers enjoyed there day out today

persevere1875
22-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Think the bottom line has to be the gulf in class in certain areas when changes are needed, no one in the hibs starting line up or bench anywhere near the class of Weiss and with the game stretched that inevitably told

delbert
22-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Yeh lets not say a word against St. Yogi, because apparently he knows where he wants to take this club. Anybody else think it would be a good idea if he let the rest of us, including the players, in on the secret? For the record we just got turned over at home again for the second season in a row by a 3 goal margin by a Rangers team who everyone agrees is weaker than last seasons. Why?, basically because the manager has'nt addressed our defensive deficiencies which have been so glaringly obvious for about 9 months. I don't care about any other team except Hibs, never will, and this is going to be a struggle unless the deadwood favourites like Nish Rankin and Hogg are cleared out and replaced pronto

Ryan91
22-08-2010, 03:49 PM
We were the better team for the majority of the game I feel, the sending off for McBride was ridiculous, McGregor should have been off for the agro and then the diving (2 yellows), Bougherra should have been off for his challenge on Miller towards the end. If we'd had McBride still on the game would have been very different, Miller would have more of an opportunity to get forward and create something.

Riordan was a big loss, he has a spark of creativity and makes space for himself to shoot, Hart's injury was also a big loss, Spoony didn't have as many chances to get forward after he was put to right back but there wasn't anyone else who could cover.

Stokes' header in the 2nd half would have been a goal if he'd timed his jump slightly better. That chance that fell to De Graaf only needed a touch and it would have been in the net, I knew when he missed it we would pay dearly.

Yogi set up the team perfectly today, if we had scored, I think we could have at least drawn the game maybe even won it. The injuries and the sending off did us in I feel, nothing Yogi could have done, and I feel that replacing Deek with Galbraith rather than Nish makes me think that Yogi is starting to wise up with his substitutions.

I feel that Hogg is infuriating sometimes, there were a couple of times today when he did the simple things really well and I though he was improving, but once again he shoots himself in the foot and he plays poorly.

Once Murray returns, I would hope that Hogg might be dropped and Hanlon played at Centre Half with Bamba, maybe even give Stephens a run out next week at St. Mirren instead of Hogg, he could do with the experience.

Bamba for me was the absolute stand out today, he gave his all and made some really good challenges and got the ball back and forged the counter attack, I think all the players should try to emulate Bamba by giving their all next week against the Saints.

GGTTH

Alfred E Newman
22-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeh lets not say a word against St. Yogi, because apparently he knows where he wants to take this club. Anybody else think it would be a good idea if he let the rest of us, including the players, in on the secret? For the record we just got turned over at home again for the second season in a row by a 3 goal margin by a Rangers team who everyone agrees is weaker than last seasons. Why?, basically because the manager has'nt addressed our defensive deficiencies which have been so glaringly obvious for about 9 months. I don't care about any other team except Hibs, never will, and this is going to be a struggle unless the deadwood favourites like Nish Rankin and Hogg are cleared out and replaced pronto

11 goals conceded in our first 4 competitive games says it all. Still weak at full back, and no width or real pace throughout the team. Its going to be a struggle.

ballengeich
22-08-2010, 04:06 PM
The sendings-off helped Rangers - they got rid of their worst player, while we lost one of our best. We'd had the better of midfield in the first half, though we hadn't much penetration and didn't make many real chances.

If De Graaf had moved towards the ball and put it into an empty net instead of waiting for it to reach him we'd have a real chance of a win. Their first goal came from a lucky deflection. After that we fell away.

ekhibee
22-08-2010, 04:17 PM
What worries me is that for at least two thirds of the game Rangers were dreadful and we were the better team, although we didn't really get McGregor to make a save. For me, Scottish football is woeful at the moment, I wasn't at all impressed with Rangers, and a decent Hibs side, in my opinion, would have thrashed them by half time. We don't really have a great team at the moment, some players are really good at what they do, but others really do just seem to make up the numbers. We'll not get relegated, we might even finish 3rd or 4th, but I just can't raise myself to get excited about watching what's on offer just now, and the price of the season ticket I have at the moment does seem a bit on the expensive side just now. Of course I'll go to all the games, and hope for an improvement, I always do, but at this particular moment in time, I'm not holding my breath.

Ritchie
22-08-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm not a Hughes fan, but he can't be blamed for anything today. Our overall record against Rangers under Hughes isn't looking too impressive though.

I'm the same, not a yogi fan but he played the team I'd have played (bar Hogg) and we looked good until they scored.

Brines didn't help either

Let's just hope he keeps the 4-4-2

Sir David Gray
22-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I don't think any blame can be pinned on Hughes for today's result.

We were the better side in the first half, without really testing McGregor and again we were too slow in our build up play.

However, Rangers were barely in the game in the first 45 minutes and there is no doubt whatsoever that the sendings off hurt Hibs a lot more than they hurt Rangers, in fact losing Lafferty probably helped them.

We then went on to lose one of our biggest goal threats and our only right back to injury, which meant that we had to change things around completely for the last half an hour, and we had to play with only two defenders in that time as well.

We were well in with a shout of winning that game today before all that happened and there was nothing that Hughes could have done.

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 04:39 PM
The only change I would have made differently was put Thicot on at right back. 2-0 down with 20 mins to go, you should be keeping your more forward thinking players in the forward positions, not reverting them to full backs. Galbraith was being effective up front, and as poor as DW played today, his confidence was even more shot when up against Weiss and Naismith. If the team had one ounce of leadership and grit on the field, we may have dragged something from the game. I don't blame Hughes for that. I blame the players 100%. They have no fight when the chips are down. Little bit more belief, not even gung-ho, and we would have won that game today. We played like we were too scared of losing rather than intent on winning. That's why they are champions, and we are and will never be. They hate losing more and have a larger desire to win.

bighairyfaeleith
22-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm not a big fan of yogi, but for the first 60 minutes we equalled the huns.

However, after the injuries why did we replace two defenders with nish and galbraith. How can that possibly be seen as a smart move????

Yogi was outfoxed by smith, bottom line!!

Did you see nish trying to header the ball in our own box, I swear he had his eyes shut:grr:

bighairyfaeleith
22-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't think any blame can be pinned on Hughes for today's result.

We were the better side in the first half, without really testing McGregor and again we were too slow in our build up play.

However, Rangers were barely in the game in the first 45 minutes and there is no doubt whatsoever that the sendings off hurt Hibs a lot more than they hurt Rangers, in fact losing Lafferty probably helped them.

We then went on to lose one of our biggest goal threats and our only right back to injury, which meant that we had to change things around completely for the last half an hour, and we had to play with only two defenders in that time as well.

We were well in with a shout of winning that game today before all that happened and there was nothing that Hughes could have done.

sorry but that is pish IMO, he could have changed things around, not left us with two defenders on the pitch. While happily said well done to yogi for getting his subs right last week, this week he got it horribly wrong.

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 05:14 PM
And did you see his attempt to kick it when he missed the header. Kamikaze stuff from big Colin. A giraffe on roller skates was the description from the guy behind me.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2010, 05:23 PM
I am a fan of Yogi, and although we lost i took a lot of positives out todays game. We might not like to hear it, but the huns have a better team than us, they have better players, but we competed for over an hour as the better side today.

The ref is a tosser, sending McBride off was wrong, the injury to Derek and Hart finished us off. The better team took control and ran out winners. Its nice to beat that lot, but we dont play that quality every week, and our team has enough good players to compete with the rest for another European fight.:thumbsup: