PDA

View Full Version : East Stand - How was it?

HH81
22-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Not at the game today but was the new stand like?

How was the view from it?

Looks an amazing ground from the TV can't wait to get to a game after my holiday :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2010, 01:22 PM
My view from row w.
Loved it.

Kato
22-08-2010, 01:24 PM
My view from row w.
Loved it.

That's not a view from the East. Where's the pillars?

HH81
22-08-2010, 01:27 PM
My view from row w.
Loved it.

Is that near the back of the stand? Looks a class view.

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Is that near the back of the stand? Looks a class view.

About 9 from the back.

lucky
22-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Excellent view but a fair hike up to the back of the stand. The atmosphere was terrific

Kyle A
22-08-2010, 01:54 PM
heard the attendance was over 17,000, no bad

Andy74
22-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Great view. Looking out as opposed to at it makes the stadium feel quite enclosed. I'm near the back so it is a real hike but great atmosphere. It'll be the death of the famous five though!

hibee_girl
22-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm in row W too and it's a great view, still feels strange sitting down to watch the game though :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Bit of a steep climb to the back of the stand, but I loved it. Great view, very noisy, particularly in the first half when we were playing well, and the pitch looked magnificent.

I also think there is a lot more leg room than in the west or FF. Is this just my imagination?

It feels like going along to a proper football stadium to watch a game, rather than some shabby old ground from a bygone era. I don't think i'll be able to so much as look at that stand at Tynecastle now without feeling my immune system being significantly lowered. Hibernian have done a great job, when you consider the pre-Farmer and Petrie mess we were in.

Disc O'Dave
22-08-2010, 02:04 PM
It was fab, though bit of a wait to get out at the end from the back row!

Somehow it didn't feel like Easter Road to start with...no pillars, no TV gantry in the way, the steepness of it! After a while though, I got used to it, and left feeling well chuffed that Easter Road is now finally a top class stadium.

Can't wait for the next home game.....

(oh , and I took some pictures, I'll bung them in the rebuild thread)

Andy74
22-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Sir Tom and Rod were in for a wee seat up the back before the game. Not brave enough to stay there though!

mglancy23
22-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Bit of a steep climb to the back of the stand, but I loved it. Great view, very noisy, particularly in the first half when we were playing well, and the pitch looked magnificent.

I also think there is a lot more leg room than in the west or FF. Is this just my imagination?

It feels like going along to a proper football stadium to watch a game, rather than some shabby old ground from a bygone era. I don't think i'll be able to so much as look at that stand at Tynecastle now without feeling my immune system being significantly lowered. Hibernian have done a great job, when you consider the pre-Farmer and Petrie mess we were in.

i thought there was more too! though i might of imagined it!:greengrin

stadium was looking great! its amazing to think how different the stadium has came along in only 15 years!

if we can continue to play like we did in the first 60 minutes and with the improved stadium! its safe to say will will have higher attendances.

think we should have another campaign to get wayward hibees back to the stadium! am going to try and round up a few for the ict game!

God Petrie
22-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I was in the row second from the back near the half way line. Cracking view. Would like to see how it looked from the other stands.

Coming from the FF, the atmosphere was absolutely amazing especially in the first half. Shame Stokes or de Graaf never took their chances because the place would have been absolutely bouncing if we had scored.

bighairyfaeleith
22-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Felt like home!

Beefster
22-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Loved it. Great view, grand atmosphere (while we were in with a chance), masses of legroom and plenty of width in the seats.

It'll be even better once the other food outlets are open and it doesn't take 20 minutes to get a Bovril.

sKipper
22-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I was in the row second from the back near the half way line. Cracking view. Would like to see how it looked from the other stands.

Coming from the FF, the atmosphere was absolutely amazing especially in the first half. Shame Stokes or de Graaf never took their chances because the place would have been absolutely bouncing if we had scored.

Have to say there was practically no atmosphere on the box. Could only hear the Buns.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 02:28 PM
The star of the show was the new East, without a doubt. It's amazing how classy the other three stands look, and how different the stadium is when you have four matching items. It changes the whole ambiance of the place.

I'd kick all the loser clubs with tatty old stands and diddy stadiums with a capacity under 20,000 out of the SPL.

Size matters.

bighairyfaeleith
22-08-2010, 02:35 PM
I agree!

DarrenSQH
22-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Love my new seat. Can't wait till I'm back for more games.

SaulGoodman
22-08-2010, 02:38 PM
It was cracking looking at it from the West, The atmosphere was fantastic until that fud scored.

Big Frank
22-08-2010, 02:59 PM

:top marks

Spot on.

iwasthere1972
22-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Have to say there was practically no atmosphere on the box. Could only hear the Buns.

You having a De Graaf?

RoYO!
22-08-2010, 03:20 PM

:yawn:

madabouthibs
22-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Stadium was very noisy today, probably coz the noise from the east is echoing around the big roof space. Brilliant atmosphere.
The first time in a few years I could hear the noise before the game started too. Came round the corner at the Loch Inn and the noise was fantastic. Goosebumps job! :thumbsup:

new malkyhib
22-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Stadium was very noisy today, probably coz the noise from the east is echoing around the big roof space. Brilliant atmosphere.
The first time in a few years I could hear the noise before the game started too. Came round the corner at the Loch Inn and the noise was fantastic. Goosebumps job! :thumbsup:

:top marksBursting with pride when I walked up to that stand today, and the anticipation when I took my seat and heard all the noise and to see all the colour around the ground was fab too...

The facade of the stand lacks one thing IMO, though, and that's a big club crest smack in the middle of it...

Hibi
22-08-2010, 04:01 PM
The facade of the stand lacks one thing IMO, though, and that's a big club crest smack in the middle of it...

Have to agree stadium looks brilliant but could definitely do with some detail letting evryone know it is ours. Be that club crests Hibernian Football Club across the top of the stands etc.

All credit to the club though, it's a fantastic stadium and built where we wanted it, who can forget about the possibility of straiton!? Anyway atmosphere was great, if we could get a team on the park such as the one under mowbray or mcleish then it would really get the fans back and make it something special

At The Edge
22-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Had a great time in my new seat :thumbsup: singing was ace, surfer flag at half time, result was pants, but :top marksfor The Tache and STF for getting the East built, can't wait till the next home game up in clouds

down-the-slope
22-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Looked great to see it 3/4 full from my Westie seat, and as I suspected the overall stadium noise was much better as its trapped in now...the old East was only noisy when you were in it but the sound did not carry to rest of ground...can't wait til the Hearts match and with the cladding on it will be bedlam :greengrin

Gatecrasher
22-08-2010, 04:13 PM
my seat 133 row x area was very noisy the singing sections kept us going i think, Cant believe so many folk left early, i waited months to take my seat i wasnt leaving so soon despite the score :greengrin

skipster7
22-08-2010, 04:17 PM
my seat 133 row x area was very noisy the singing sections kept us going i think, Cant believe so many folk left early, i waited months to take my seat i wasnt leaving so soon despite the score :greengrin
my thought exactly, 3/4 of the way up ,looking right down the tunnel, very impressed:top marks

down-the-slope
22-08-2010, 04:19 PM

forgot camera...so only BB pics

double click for bigger version

madabouthibs
22-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I have a video of the surfing half-time Bounce flag.
I'l lpost it up later. :wink:

Gatecrasher
22-08-2010, 04:46 PM

forgot camera...so only BB pics

double click for bigger version
looks brilliant

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/livi_hibee/45731_144710988892721_100000614636458_289409_51412 0_n.jpg

Jamie
22-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Hibernian have done a great job, when you consider the pre-Farmer and Petrie mess we were in.

Totally agree on both points :agree:

madabouthibs
22-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Heres mine from the Upper West North stand.... :greengrin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/nellyeff/NewEastStand.jpg

seanraff07
22-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Fantastic view!

Although i thought it was a bit too quiet in section 42 and that's where my ST is.

Apart from the quietness in my section though, everything about it was brilliant, well not the result of course.

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2010, 07:00 PM

:top marks

Wilbur
22-08-2010, 07:26 PM
I couldn't help but stand up when we were closing in on goal, I kept expecting someone to be standing on my seat too! Force of habit really! :rolleyes:

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2010, 07:28 PM
The ticket office sold two mates ST's either side of me.....:greengrin

RIP
22-08-2010, 07:30 PM

I've watched my last Hibs game live on the telly.

You should too!!

The atmosphere in that stand today was electric!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-08-2010, 07:38 PM

Was at the game, never heard them till they scored.... Shocker!

Wheres the "drinking a cup of coffee and reading the paper" smiley?

Bobo
22-08-2010, 07:46 PM

Here you go.

California-Hibs
22-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Absolutly loved my time in the east today! So glad ive got my season ticket in there! The atmospher was electric, its fantastic! The view i have from my seat is outstanding! The pitch too is brilliant! Its more of an arena that we have now rather than a stadium, its THAT good! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
22-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Chuffed to bits with my seat, seven rows from the back and right next to the singing section. I can honestly say it's the first time in a long while that I've enjoyed the atmosphere so much. Imagine what it'll be like when we win :greengrin

hibsbollah
22-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I was expecting to dislike it, because i loved the old East, but i was an immediate convert. It was a great feeling walking up the slope with the new vertiginous stand towering up on your right. I was right up the back on the top corner, brilliant view with arthurs seat and the crags in the background. There was decent singing where i was as well.

RIP
22-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Chuffed to bits with my seat, seven rows from the back and right next to the singing section. I can honestly say it's the first time in a long while that I've enjoyed the atmosphere so much. Imagine what it'll be like when we win :greengrin

My brother enjoyed meeting you :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
22-08-2010, 08:20 PM
My brother enjoyed meeting you :thumbsup:

Feeling was mutual :thumbsup:

Jamie
22-08-2010, 08:38 PM

Have to agree stadium looks brilliant but could definitely do with some detail letting evryone know it is ours. Be that club crests Hibernian Football Club across the top of the stands etc.

It's not completely finished yet :wink:

craig1875
22-08-2010, 09:42 PM

I agree, watching it on the tv, i hardly heard any noise from the hibs support except 1-2 songs.

But I have to say the stadium look great on tv and the pitch looks huge. :thumbsup:

marinello59
22-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I agree, watching it on the tv, i hardly heard any noise from the hibs support except 1-2 songs.

But I have to say the stadium look great on tv and the pitch looks huge. :thumbsup:

Different when you are there. I sit in the West and the noise was rolling out towards us. Remember how effective the simple ''Hibees, Hibees'' chant could be? When that one used to get going and bounce from stand to stand it was ******* inspiring. Its day may well have returned. The whole stadium is the better for the new structure. GGTTH.

7Hero
22-08-2010, 09:56 PM
have to say the noise when degraaf missed was almsot deafening i was desperate to hear the east roar for a goal.

very very loud, it would be no prob if that stand was full and nowhere else was as the acoustics are top class.

Big90inOz
23-08-2010, 04:49 AM

I wasn't sure if the club I was in had a ****ty sound system but it was the same for me, all the songs etc seemed to be coming from the Huns. Think I heard the East twice in the game.

Hibernia Na Eir
23-08-2010, 06:40 AM
Pitch looks much much wider now and stadium superb

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 06:42 AM
I wasn't sure if the club I was in had a ****ty sound system but it was the same for me, all the songs etc seemed to be coming from the Huns. Think I heard the East twice in the game.

Standard TV company ploy......either place the sound microphones in front of the Hun support, or turn the ones at our end down a bit :cool2:

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Standard TV company ploy......either place the sound microphones in front of the Hun support, or turn the ones at our end down a bit :cool2:

It must be that, as i thought some of the singing was as loud as i have heard in years. The new stand is superb, from the view to the atmosphere. Well done Hibs.:top marks

SvenNeil
23-08-2010, 10:58 AM
East looked great from the West lower. Had to remind myself just how far we have come in the last 20 years and how brilliant ER now looks.

Makes me so proud to be a hibby. Any potential signing will look at ER and East Mains and realize that we are a top notch professional club in every way.

Hearts talk about it, we do it - that's the difference.

Chuckie
23-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Fantastic facility - Those Hearts cretins will be oozing with pink jealousy.

Here's a wee, quite ****ty video I made from my iphone as I walked in to my seat 10 minutes before kick off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnyz2RD9FBY

herdy
23-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Sat in Row FF, pretty much near the middle of the park. View was cracking, atmosphere was brilliant. Have to say, I doubt i will ever sit in any other stand again, unless i have to !!

C'mon Hibees let's fill the stadium in these games !!

Jamesie
23-08-2010, 12:16 PM
I managed to christen the enamel in the gents in the East, which I had been quite concerned about given I had left it quite late on in getting into the ground. Given I had done the same in the West some nine years ago, I took a sense of satisfaction out of this.

LeithBoozy
23-08-2010, 12:18 PM
The noise coming from the new east was really loud, I was sitting in the FF lower. Not only the singing, but even when the fans moaned about a decision the noise was brilliant. :agree:

callumstewart
23-08-2010, 12:44 PM
i am in row hh 2nd from the back it is best seat i have been in but the hike up the stiars is abit long lol

dawn
23-08-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm sitting on the halfway line about 3/4 o the way up. The pitch is lush, the atmosphere was electric and its best view I've ever had at ER, quite simply.......Pure Barry! :thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
23-08-2010, 01:17 PM
It was brilliant. :thumbsup:

I'm in row t which is about halfway up - fantastic view, great atmosphere.

Derby will be f***** braw :greengrin

Glasgow Hibee
23-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Great to have a unanimously positive thread. Can't wait to to get to a game soon - will definitely go to the East :thumbsup:

RoYO!
23-08-2010, 03:21 PM
I was in V 115 and it is really hard to explain what it was like...

It was as if we were watching a different level- like going to a premiership game or something. Never had a better view for watching a game... Ever... And enourmously up for doing it all again- even with the result!

can you imagine a derby win in there?! :thumbsup:

there was a point when I looked accross to the Gers and could SEE that they were all singing but couldn't hear a thing with all the racket around us. :greengrin

Ginger Gehagan
23-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Thought the atmosphere in the stand was top notch. Only problem is I'll have to stop drumming on the back of it because my hands are seriously sore and swollen today.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RIP
23-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Thought the atmosphere in the stand was top notch. Only problem is I'll have to stop drumming on the back of it because my hands are seriously sore and swollen today.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:faf:

Well done Andy. You boys in the back row of the Singing Section 43 sure made a good backing rhythmn for all the songs. Me and my 2 laddies (1 big, 1 wee) were 5 rows in front of you to your right

I thought you back row boys could invest in one of these - wotsay?
http://www.bellperc.com/product/Chalklin_MS08_-_Xylo_Rubber_Soft_Rattan_BP02236

Ginger Gehagan
23-08-2010, 04:58 PM
:faf:

Well done Andy. You boys in the back row of the Singing Section 43 sure made a good backing rhythmn for all the songs. Me and my 2 laddies (1 big, 1 wee) were 5 rows in front of you to your right

I thought you back row boys could invest in one of these - wotsay?
http://www.bellperc.com/product/Chalklin_MS08_-_Xylo_Rubber_Soft_Rattan_BP02236

Like it, dont think the stewards would be too happy though!!
Did you have the old Hibs top with 12 on the back? I'll pop down and introduce myself at the next home game pal.:thumbsup:

TheMentalHibees
23-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Was immense. ****ing immense. I wouldn't mind watching *****, gave me goosebumps just climbing the stairs to my seat.