PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Firstly, I thought the line-up and the tactics were spot on. Hibs got stuck into them and never let them settle or get a foothold on the game. Big Sol was absolutely outstanding at the back, what a towering performance from him. Hart looks more assured at right back as well. I'm filled with optimism for this season on the back of our first two games where we've shown enough quality I feel.

As for Rangers, I absolutely f****ng hate them. Kyle Lafferty is wanting the book thrown at him, he's an absolutely disgusting footballer with little ability. McGregor is another who needs sorting out. He did very similar against Stokes last season after an altercation where he over-reacted. If a head butt gets you a straight red and a 3 game ban then feigning injury like that should carry the same punishment. He and Lafferty are suited to Rangers. Disgusting.

The worst for me however is Davie Weir. It usually slips off the radar during a flashpoint, however you may notice he's always first in with a hand to the throat, shoving folk away and exacerbating the situation. He's often labelled a model pro by the blinded journalists and pundits but if you scrutinize him on the park, he's a foul little creature who gets away with murder every single time. I seem to recall Steven Gerrard alluding to this in his autobiography regarding Weir. I'm not one for wishing injury on a footballer, it's not really my style but he's due a knee-high challenge at some point to rid football of this sly wee fud. It's the least the odious cretin deserves.

Everyone knows my thoughts on Hearts on this board, but with every passing game against Rangers, I'm beginning to think I wouldn't grudge Hearts beating them. They are a deplorable, despicable club and how their fans can continue to get away with their bigoted bile I'll never know. So much for the SFA declaring they would stamp it out. It's got to the stage where you can't blame the Rangers fans anymore, why should they when they are given carte blanche to sing what they like knowing they are immune from punishment.

Onwards and upwards for the Hibees however, I've seen enough to suggest we will be up there this year.

Devonhibs
22-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Agree with you - I was encouraged for the first 60 minutes and the D Graff miss followed by the lucky bounces for their first did it for us. IMO - more possitves than negatives

MWHIBBIES
22-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Firstly, I thought the line-up and the tactics were spot on. Hibs got stuck into them and never let them settle or get a foothold on the game. Big Sol was absolutely outstanding at the back, what a towering performance from him. Hart looks more assured at right back as well. I'm filled with optimism for this season on the back of our first two games where we've shown enough quality I feel.

As for Rangers, I absolutely f****ng hate them. Kyle Lafferty is wanting the book thrown at him, he's an absolutely disgusting footballer with little ability. McGregor is another who needs sorting out. He did very similar against Stokes last season after an altercation where he over-reacted. If a head butt gets you a straight red and a 3 game ban then feigning injury like that should carry the same punishment. He and Lafferty are suited to Rangers. Disgusting.

The worst for me however is Davie Weir. It usually slips off the radar during a flashpoint, however you may notice he's always first in with a hand to the throat, shoving folk away and exacerbating the situation. He's often labelled a model pro by the blinded journalists and pundits but if you scrutinize him on the park, he's a foul little creature who gets away with murder every single time. I seem to recall Steven Gerrard alluding to this in his autobiography regarding Weir. I'm not one for wishing injury on a footballer, it's not really my style but he's due a knee-high challenge at some point to rid football of this sly wee fud. It's the least the odious cretin deserves.

Everyone knows my thoughts on Hearts on this board, but with every passing game against Rangers, I'm beginning to think I wouldn't grudge Hearts beating them. They are a deplorable, despicable club and how their fans can continue to get away with their bigoted bile I'll never know. So much for the SFA declaring they would stamp it out. It's got to the stage where you can't blame the Rangers fans anymore, why should they when they are given carte blanche to sing what they like knowing they are immune from punishment.

Onwards and upwards for the Hibees however, I've seen enough to suggest we will be up there this year.Agree with you about rangers they are **** and lafferty is a joke.

Wembley67
22-08-2010, 01:13 PM
woohoo positivity! I agree, never a 3.0 game.

bob12345
22-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Agree with positive comments, but whether the ref got it wrong on not, we have to be capable of adjusting to going down to 10 men. They did, we didn't.

Lucius Apuleius
22-08-2010, 01:25 PM
I thought we had a great first half. Hogg and all. Bamba was outstanding and Deek was playing great. A bit disappointed in Wotherspoon as I thought he never reaaly got into it. McGregor, odious, simply ****in odious and if he does not have something done by the SFA/SPL then there is something far wrong. At a loss to understand why Deeks got booked. McBride sending off, don't think so. He ran in and kicked the ball IMO, the prick that is Lafferty was in his way. He also deserves further punishment.

Weiss, biooger me he is gonna cause problems.

All in all never deserved to lose anything like 3-0.

Onwards and upwards!!!

hibee_girl
22-08-2010, 01:38 PM

Onwards and upwards for the Hibees however, I've seen enough to suggest we will be up there this year.

Couldn't agree more. We were playing well in the first half, I can't remember us letting them have a decent chance in the first.

The Rangers players are animals, McGregor is nothing but a disgrace, his attempt to get Deek sent off was laughable, Lafferty clearly has some anger issues and like you said Weir is the worst of the lot, great example from a captain.

phoenixfire
22-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Top quality post:top marks

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-08-2010, 01:50 PM

:top marks

BryanV
22-08-2010, 01:51 PM
The fact that it was never a 3-nil game but ended three-nil is a concern for me. Our collapse after they scored is a concern for me. We were not helped by the injuries and the sending off but the goals we conceded were soft.

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Up until they got their lucky break for the first goal we were definately the better team, in fact up to that point I cant remember them causing us that many problems at all and it looked like we were heading for a really decent performance.

The two players getting sent off seemed to work in their favour and I doubt the game would have went the way it did had it stayed at 11 v 11.

So the fact it finished 0 - 3 flatters them beyond belief.

The only real negatives apart from the result were the injuries to Deeks and Hart, who by the way was having his best game for Hibs.

And unfortunately the performance of De Graff who, in spite of one or two nice touches, seems to go missing for big chunks of every game he plays in, so much so I actually had to scan the pitch at one point to make sure he was still on.

There is a link on here somewhere to you tube clips of him bursting through the midfield leaving players in his wake and scoring goals. That must have been a while ago because from what I have seen so far ( 3 games I was at and one on TV ) he couldnt out run me.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, if we play like we did in the first hour and Deeks especially is OK we will win more than we lose.

HibbyAndy
22-08-2010, 06:51 PM

That my friend is absolutley spot on :agree:

David Weir is a complete and utter tosspot.

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 06:52 PM
The fact that it was never a 3-nil game but ended three-nil is a concern for me. Our collapse after they scored is a concern for me. We were not helped by the injuries and the sending off but the goals we conceded were soft.

Exactly how I feel and exactly the problem at Hibernian at present. At 1-0 they could have got something from the game, even at 2-0 I was kinda confident if we got at them and sneaked a goal we would gather some good momentum. But we folded after the first and the current crop of players do not inspire me to say we will do anything but 6th or 7th this season. Too many willing to throw in the towel (and I am sounding like one of them too now :grr::greengrin)

Bostonhibby
22-08-2010, 06:55 PM

:thumbsup: I once again find myself in agreement with you Pedantic, especially on the subject of the Huns, and what they get away with, it's a new season so it will be nice to see if the SFA are going to take any action on their own rules and break the mould, or is it going to be more of the same?

Hibby 2005
22-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Galbraith aside, poor, predictable and strange (Hanlon?) subs by Yogi.

hibee-shtuggie
22-08-2010, 06:57 PM
spot on with the point about Davie Weir. straight up to mcbride and actually strangles him nearly picking him up from the ground! calming it down?? hes a complete and utter prick. also, it has got to the point with me as well that i would like to see hearts beat them, i said that today. i would like to see anyone beat them. i genuinely think id prefer i win over them at ibrox than in tynecastle. they make my blood boil. lafferty...well please don't get me started

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 07:00 PM
That's the one I couldn't get my head round (and he did the same v Maribor too when we went 3-1 down). Danny was getting in behind their defence yet he puts him back to left back. Surely a move that demoralises a front player. Especially when it's accommodating Colin "greased lightning" Nish :bitchy:

col02
22-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Galbraith aside, poor, predictable and strange (Hanlon?) subs by Yogi.

I would personally disagree with the poor subs and strange comment! The only problem today was when two of our better players in Hart and the excellent Riordan went off injured you seen how limited our squad is in terms of depth and quality beyond say 13 or 14 players. Galbraith I have high hopes for and same with Stephens but the others perhaps need moved on to freshen up things a bit and offer a bit more versatility within the squad.

I am someone who is fully aware that at this moment in time finances are tight within the Scottish game and Hibs will be no different which is why I hope a player or two from within the set up can make a real claim to be included on merit rather than because they are an eligible under 21 player.

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Galbraith would be better screaming on the ball when he wants it, as opposed to standing with his hands in the air ALA O'Brien.......

Christ he had acres of space but never demanded the ball once............

Baw Baggio
22-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Galbraith would be better screaming on the ball when he wants it, as opposed to standing with his hands in the air ALA O'Brien.......

Christ he had acres of space but never demanded the ball once............

I thought criticism of a hibs player wasn't allowed? :lips seal

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2010, 07:15 PM
I thought criticism of a hibs player wasn't allowed? :lips seal

It was an observation..............

Baw Baggio
22-08-2010, 07:17 PM
It was an observation..............

That's okay then...

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Can I then add as an observation Colin Nish heading a ball out his own box like he was dooking for an apple on a string and then kicking it like he had astronauts boots on :greengrin

Hibby 2005
22-08-2010, 07:29 PM
I would personally disagree with the poor subs and strange comment! The only problem today was when two of our better players in Hart and the excellent Riordan went off injured you seen how limited our squad is in terms of depth and quality beyond say 13 or 14 players. Galbraith I have high hopes for and same with Stephens but the others perhaps need moved on to freshen up things a bit and offer a bit more versatility within the squad.

I am someone who is fully aware that at this moment in time finances are tight within the Scottish game and Hibs will be no different which is why I hope a player or two from within the set up can make a real claim to be included on merit rather than because they are an eligible under 21 player.

Fully agree, so why not Currie instead of Rankin, Byrne instead of Nish, Stephens instead of Hogg? God knows it took Yogi long enough to put Riordan and Stokes up front.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
22-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Maybe a bit controversial, but am i alone in wishing we had a couple of right nasty, horrible buggers like Weir? Never someone like Mcgregor, he is just a blatent cheat who has no respect for anyone (even his own burd). But someone like Weir, who can influence the ref, get the 50/50 decisions going your way. All the winning teams always have them, Terry at chelsea, keane when he was at utd, viera at arsenal. Do you think any of them gave a toss that they were seen in a bad light by opposition fans. No chance.

HFC 0-7
22-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I thought the formation and players were spot on today. Even when Riordan went off I thought yogi made the right choice with Galbraith. I thought we actually looked quite dangerous when we brought him on, his pace certainly made rangers work a bit harder and he set up De Graff for a goal which should have been if he attacked it a bit more, but I thought we completely lost our shape when Hart went off. Hart for Rankin and move wotherspoon to right back would have been my swap, but why bring Nish on and move Galbraith? At that point we no longer looked dangerous enough.

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2010, 07:35 PM
That's okay then...

glad I have your approval

Hibby 2005
22-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Maybe a bit controversial, but am i alone in wishing we had a couple of right nasty, horrible buggers like Weir? Never someone like Mcgregor, he is just a blatent cheat who has no respect for anyone (even his own burd). But someone like Weir, who can influence the ref, get the 50/50 decisions going your way. All the winning teams always have them, Terry at chelsea, keane when he was at utd, viera at arsenal. Do you think any of them gave a toss that they were seen in a bad light by opposition fans. No chance.

You could add Hartley to that list, a player we could have had, possibly :devil:

Hibby 2005
22-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I thought the formation and players were spot on today. Even when Riordan went off I thought yogi made the right choice with Galbraith. I thought we actually looked quite dangerous when we brought him on, his pace certainly made rangers work a bit harder and he set up De Graff for a goal which should have been if he attacked it a bit more, but I thought we completely lost our shape when Hart went off. Hart for Rankin and move wotherspoon to right back would have been my swap, but why bring Nish on and move Galbraith? At that point we no longer looked dangerous enough.

Spot on. The original line-up with the exception of maybe Stephens for Hogg was correct but Yogi didn't know what to do after the sendings off.
Someone said in a previous thread that McBride could/should have been replaced with a Thicot/Stephens type player with possibly de Graaf or Wotherspoon taken off. Miller had to play the Mc Bride role and wasn't nearly as effective 2nd half.

matty_f
22-08-2010, 09:11 PM

Good post:agree:

I agree with much of that, in particular the bit about Weir. Said it at the game that he's always the first to get involved but he's snidey as ****** about it. He's a welt.

Good performance from Hibs for most of the game. Team selection was right and we actually played the ball about very well. Didn't think Rangers deserved a 0-3 win, but that's football.

We were very unlucky with their first, and to lose Riordan and Hart in the second half, both injuries having a big bearing on the outcome of the game, IMHO.