PDA

View Full Version : Everything that's wrong in Scottish Football

heidtheba
22-08-2010, 12:47 PM
A club with massive debts gets goals from a player whose wages most other clubs here couldn't afford...and its the same with Weiss.
A referee who sends off one of our players for no valid reason and fails to send off one of theirs for an obvious one.
And we get two injuries to significant players.
I'm fed up with the script being the same each year.
:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

snooky
22-08-2010, 01:42 PM
A club with massive debts gets goals from a player whose wages most other clubs here couldn't afford...and its the same with Weiss.
A referee who sends off one of our players for no valid reason and fails to send off one of theirs for an obvious one.

Ay been, ay will be. :boo hoo:

JohnnyHibby
22-08-2010, 01:52 PM

Unable to get to the game today so listened to Radio Scotland and their comments on McGregor was interesting and as booked reckoned no further action would be handed out.......so will that be the same case if was a non OF player?....you have to wonder.

sh00byd00
22-08-2010, 01:56 PM
really don't get this attitude as

A) almost every major club in their respective league have massive debts, yet still have the best players

B) granted there was a few things that went in the huns favour, but i think we're all agreed that it's more down to the poor standard of our officials rather than blatant cheating

C) What have injuries got to do with the state of Scottish football - that really has went straight over my head.

D) We're **** year in year out, get used to it. Getting gubbed off 3rd rate European teams proves how **** our domestic teams are. Especially us 'diddy clubs'

BEEJ
22-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Unable to get to the game today so listened to Radio Scotland and their comments on McGregor was interesting and as booked reckoned no further action would be handed out.......so will that be the same case if was a non OF player?....you have to wonder.
Heard that as well - completely erroneous interpretation of the situation. If Riordan got booked for apparent aggro, then that's what McGregor got booked for.

The simulation was something else altogether and merited a separate Yellow. McGregor should have been off but, of course, the Hun loving ref bottled it, again!

heidtheba
22-08-2010, 02:02 PM
really don't get this attitude as

A) almost every major club in their respective league have massive debts, yet still have the best players

B) granted there was a few things that went in the huns favour, but i think we're all agreed that it's more down to the poor standard of our officials rather than blatant cheating

C) What have injuries got to do with the state of Scottish football - that really has went straight over my head.

D) We're **** year in year out, get used to it. Getting gubbed off 3rd rate European teams proves how **** our domestic teams are. Especially us 'diddy clubs'

Yeah sorry, you're right about that one...was too into my rant then!

J-C
22-08-2010, 02:03 PM

Booked for squaring up to Riordan, his play acting simulation will be looked at by the hierarchy, would expect him to recieve a ban for it, trying to cheat to get another player sent off, same as Luaugherty last year.

sh00byd00
22-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah sorry, you're right about that one...was too into my rant then!

Nae need to apologise, mate as we're all f'n raging and still hurting after that result.

BEEJ
22-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Perhaps that the solvent, financially prudent club does not have the depth of squad to come up with replacements of a similar standard.

Whereas the debt-ridden outfit bring on someone of the quality of Weiss .......

TheMentalHibees
22-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Heard that as well - completely erroneous interpretation of the situation. If Riordan got booked for apparent aggro, then that's what McGregor got booked for.

The simulation was something else altogether and merited a separate Yellow. McGregor should have been off but, of course, the Hun loving ref bottled it, again!

He's someone I'd like to see spontaneously catch fire.

God Petrie
22-08-2010, 02:21 PM
To be fair, the financial situation in football has been a problem for years which is why UEFA are bringing in rules to stop clubs being in debt and to avoid overspending.

Hopefully it will lead to well-run clubs like Hibs doing well and shambolic clubs like Rangers and Hearts suffering. I'd also imagine it will take a massive toll on the majority of the clubs in the EPL who are hundreds of millions in debt (e.g Man Utd).

sh00byd00
22-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Perhaps that the solvent, financially prudent club does not have the depth of squad to come up with replacements of a similar standard.

Whereas the debt-ridden outfit bring on someone of the quality of Weiss .......

So much wrong with your response i don't know where to start. First of, that wasn't the context of the comment that i was responding to, so your reply has nothing to do with anything really.

Secondly and more to the specific point you raise, why is that a reflection on Scottish football when it's a reflection on football as a whole? What are Rangers doing differently to what Man U, Real Madrid et al do? Like i said in my original post, the game is littered with clubs that have massive debts. Clubs that find themselves unable to compete with those major debt ridden clubs are clubs that live within their means, like Hibs.

To summarise - the problem isn't just restricted to our domestic competitions.

hibernator
22-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Is simulation a sending off offence ? everyone agrees it should be , MCGregor was trying to get Deek red carded definitely, McG is a serial assault merchant and cheat while Riordan one of the least physical players ever seen at ER, Andy Walker even commented the he had pulled out of the challenge so as not to cause injury, Refs interpretation became questionable when he allowed McG to again suggest Stoakes this time had a go at him, further gesticulating that the Ref keep his eyes on Stoakes , could someone tell me who was it that clattered through the back of a Hibby second half @ in front of the West South, it looked a similar foul to the one which had St Johnston lad sent off against Hearts, i.e right through the back, I've never liked Brines, but he is not a bottler so what is he ?:confused:

Kaiser1962
22-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Do you really think FIFA/UEFA are going to punish the likes of ManU, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter and AC, Juve or the other major players in the English, Spanish or Italian leagues? I leave out the other "big" players, Germany and France, as they have their own controls. There is as much chance of that as there is of the SFA taking action against either Rangers or Hearts because it just wont happen.

To be fair, the financial situation in football has been a problem for years which is why UEFA are bringing in rules to stop clubs being in debt and to avoid overspending.

Hopefully it will lead to well-run clubs like Hibs doing well and shambolic clubs like Rangers and Hearts suffering. I'd also imagine it will take a massive toll on the majority of the clubs in the EPL who are hundreds of millions in debt (e.g Man Utd).

BEEJ
22-08-2010, 06:50 PM
So much wrong with your response i don't know where to start. First of, that wasn't the context of the comment that i was responding to, so your reply has nothing to do with anything really.
I suggest then that you rage about what you want to and the rest of us will fume gently about different things. :wink:

Really don't know why you're going to such great lengths to defend the Huns, a club which has got itself into a financial mess on a scale second only to our pink pals over the road. But one still able to spend £5m or so this week.

You may think that's equitable and fine because it happens in every other league in Europe. That doesn't make me feel any better about the odds that are stacked against my team season after season.

And the point about relating that financial mismatch to squad depth and injuries is a valid one, whether you choose to see it or not.

sh00byd00
22-08-2010, 07:19 PM
No you have a valid point, a point i agree with, however, that doesn't change the fact that what you waded in with had no bearing whatsoever to what my comment related to.

Original poster - what's wrong with Scottish fitbaw; injuries

My response - injuries happen regardless

You then come into the conversation (after adding two entirely different segments of my post together) and started blethering about something i never even wrote. that's what I'm getting at, not your point. You're at it again by saying 'You may think that's equitable and fine' when i never once said it was fine.

If you're good at one thing though, it's twisting what people say. :greengrin