PDA

View Full Version : Hogg again

ggth
22-08-2010, 12:40 PM
When are we gonna get a decent centre half

Wembley67
22-08-2010, 12:41 PM
have a word removed, hogg couldnt do a thing about it.

Number69
22-08-2010, 12:45 PM
have a word removed, hogg couldnt do a thing about it.

Not watching but commentator said Hogg at fault.

Wembley67
22-08-2010, 12:47 PM
imho the deflection came at such a pace he had no time to control. I'm always right....

bob12345
22-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Brown at fault, not Hogg.

heidtheba
22-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Can't help having his third keeper of the season behind him. Didn't think he was at fault for that and I think he was having a good game until then. Was first in to try and calm down our players when the ref was being a phanny.

Neil_Orr
22-08-2010, 12:51 PM
I agree - more Brown's fault than Hogg's

Callum_62
22-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Disagree - why was Hogg 8 yeads behind the rest of the defense, playing Beattie onside

Number69
22-08-2010, 12:55 PM
imho the deflection came at such a pace he had no time to control. I'm always right....

LOL fair play!

DH1875
22-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Come on guys there was not a lot Hogg could do about the goal.

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I am not a Hogg fan, but that was his best game for hibs in a while. People love a scapegoat tho.

PeeJay
22-08-2010, 01:22 PM
I am not a Hogg fan, but that was his best game for hibs in a while. People love a scapegoat tho. :agree:

Fair comment - he had a decent game today, apart from the third goal perhaps?

hibee_girl
22-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Hogg's taken a fair bashing lately but today he really didn't put a foot wrong. Best performance from him in a long time!

Matty_Jack04
22-08-2010, 01:36 PM
brown should have put the ball out

hogg had a decent game fair play to him

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-08-2010, 01:37 PM

When are we going to get a decent defence? same old mistakes from Hogg and Hanlon, far too much room given for the first and third goals, there's no use us bleating about it all the time though because we can all see it except one man and unless that one man stops trying to sign more forwards and get this woeful defence sorted out then it's going to be a long hard painful season

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Hogg's taken a fair bashing lately but today he really didn't put a foot wrong. Best performance from him in a long time!

:bitchy:

lucky
22-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Hogg is not my favorite but did well today. As did the rest of the team

hibee_always
22-08-2010, 01:52 PM

Agreed..

Riordans Boots
22-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I am not a Hogg fan, but that was his best game for hibs in a while. People love a scapegoat tho.

Well I am Callum :agree: CH had a great game today :agree:

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Thought Hogg looked decent till McBride went off. The whole side was pulled out of position when play was stretched after that, and we were a bit of a mess the last half-hour.

Didn't think we played badly, tbh.

MSK
22-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Well I am Callum :agree: CH had a great game today :agree:Careful now, the Hogg bashers will be sharpening the claws as we speak ...:wink:

Judas Iscariot
22-08-2010, 01:58 PM

Only good in Hogg standards, still nowhere near good enough to be a starter..

Gettin' Auld
22-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Hogg has played a LOT worse than he did today.

TheMentalHibees
22-08-2010, 02:10 PM
For once, I have no complaints about Hoggs performance today. Thought we were severely unlucky today, and the scoreline is nowhere near a fair reflection of the game.

Hibby Bairn
22-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Alan Hansen would have a field day. Sitting 10 yards behind the 'back line'. Awful.....just read the game and take a step forward.

RoxburghHibs
22-08-2010, 02:29 PM
I actually thought Hogg had a cracking match today - much much better :thumbsup:

Caroline Hibby
22-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Hogg was poor. Look at the goals again. First one he couldn't/didn't react. A decent defender would. Second one he was ball watching (as was Miller) and third he was lying so deep the goal was scored before he reached the surface. He, Rankin, Nish and presumably the others that lack favour with Yogi, such as Stevenson, Thico, should be moved on for, say 3 very good pros, preferrablt with pace.

One other thing - do you think Miller, McBride and Stokes would have shown as much passion in the first half fracas(s) if it hadn't been Rangers?

GreenPJ
22-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Hogg, Bamba and Brown I thought all did OK. Our undoing as always was our midfield. For some reason started to sit far too deep before the first goal and then the heads went down after the first goal went in.

I have no idea what Yogi was doing with putting Wotherspoon and Galbraith at full-back as the Rangers defence was not comfortable when we ran at it. Why we did not just go 3 at the back and have 5 in midfield I have no idea.

We should have been 1 possibly 2 up (the first half missed header as well) but we need to have fighters on the pitch for 90 minutes not 60. Miller disappeared just when we needed him. De Graaf looks as if he is going to take a few weeks to get used to the pace of the Scottish game.

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Alan Hansen would have a field day. Sitting 10 yards behind the 'back line'. Awful.....just read the game and take a step forward.

100% agree, but that is what Hogg lacks amongst other things. I am a "Hogg-basher", and concede that today for 60 minutes he was solid. But where was the leadership and the drive when we needed to get heads up and back at them (going 1-0 down). He was at fault for their third too. Typical "Hoggesque" floaty ball, straight to Edu, he pumped it back over Hogg, who was "burned for pace" by Kenny Miller. Big Sol was immense today for me, and god only knows how our defence will cope when he goes. Hogg lost his composure and his own body language was terrible from the first to their third. Not the worst player today though......for me that went to either Wotherspoon or De Graff.

Big Frank
22-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Going to go against most on here I'm afraid. I though Hogg was bloody rank. He hoofed it constantly. He did not track their 20 for their second and was an absolute mile off Miller for the third.

I don't think he had a bad day, he played to the best of his ability. Unfortunately that is not very good.

Not to be singled out, I though Spoony had his shannest game in a while, and the jury is definately out on De Graaf.

Hibs were unlucky today. Definately not 3 goals between those teams. An indifferent season ahead I'm afraid.

hibee_girl
22-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Going to go against most on here I'm afraid. I though Hogg was bloody rank. He hoofed it constantly. He did not track their 20 for their second and was an absolute mile off Miller for the third.

I don't think he had a bad day, he played to the best of his ability. Unfortunately that is not very good.

Not to be singled out, I though Spoony had his shannest game in a while, and the jury is definately out on De Graaf.

Hibs were unlucky today. Definately not 3 goals between those teams. An indifferent season ahead I'm afraid.

Wotherspoon looked knackered before the first half ended!

Big Frank
22-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Wotherspoon looked knackered before the first half ended!

:agree:

Him and Mcbride looked like they were blowing out their erchies after 23mins!! I looked at the score board!

hibeenicol
22-08-2010, 03:07 PM

:yawn:

Holmesdale Hibs
22-08-2010, 03:08 PM
I thought he was ok. The first goal wasn't his or Brown's fault, it was just unlucky. If we're being picky then the third goal was more Wotherspoon not getting back but it would be very harsh to blame it all on him.

down-the-slope
22-08-2010, 03:11 PM

:agree: totally...Mind you Beattie was poor and Hoggy won the duel hands down. Good combination with Bamba using his pace to deal with Miller until the ref stepped in

I think the way Yogi wants to play is sinking in...just Hope Hart & Deeks are not serious as they would be hard to replace

Albion Hibs
22-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Generally I thought Hogg had a pretty decent game but was caught for the second goal and probably should have done better for the first - which in fairness is when you need you captain / CH to be on his game for 90 mins. Maybe next week with Murray back we will see Hanlon at CH in place of Hogg - give him a little rest / pressure to bring his game up a bit.

Atalanta
22-08-2010, 03:23 PM
The third goal was all down to Hogg. A woeful punt straight to a Rangers player. The ball comes straight back and Miller burned him off for pace.

I agree with most of the other posts that Hogg is just not good enough. Can't jump, can't pass and has no pace. Unfortunately making him captain means only an injury is likely to see him out of the side. Until then we will continue to lose lots of goals.

crash
22-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Hogg had another nightmare today. Bamba was covering for him all day. Kenny Miller will never have an easier game. I've been watching Hibs for 40 years and he is the most pathetic excuse for a captain I have seen in that time.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Hogg had another nightmare today. Bamba was covering for him all day. Kenny Miller will never have an easier game. I've been watching Hibs for 40 years and he is the most pathetic excuse for a captain I have seen in that time.

Exactly my thoughts, I watched Hogg like a hawk after the first goal and to be honest he was miles off the pace of the game, some folk on here really are easy pleased if they think he had a good or decent game, THE worst captain of Hibernian I can remember, and I'm not trying to single him out for our defensive woes, Hughes MUST see this week in week out.

jane_says
22-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Don't think hogg was bad enough to get a thread started about him tbh. Doesn't mean i want him playing every week, but think he didn't do too badly. Wotherspoon on the other hand was awful and de graaf looks as if he's only one gear. Doesn't matter if he's covering back or trying to get on to the end of a ball, seems to run at the same pace all the time

SvenNeil
22-08-2010, 04:45 PM
:bye: Hogg was great today, as were the entire defence, have a word or dont bother coming back :)

Jones28
22-08-2010, 04:47 PM
The third goal was all down to Hogg. A woeful punt straight to a Rangers player. The ball comes straight back and Miller burned him off for pace.

I agree with most of the other posts that Hogg is just not good enough. Can't jump, can't pass and has no pace. Unfortunately making him captain means only an injury is likely to see him out of the side. Until then we will continue to lose lots of goals.

He was fantastic today i thought, won everything that came his way, if the passer hadnt been given so much room then that ball doesnt get played through and Rangers dont score.

heidtheba
22-08-2010, 04:55 PM
I have to say I cringe when I see threads giving a hard time to a player who is a consumate professional. I know there's been issues with his play at times but he's not had time for an understanding between him and a goalkeeper to develop. He trains hard, is as honest a lad as you could get, doesn't criticise the team etc for failings which have put pressure on him.
I saw a lot of positives in him today and hope he goes on from here

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Hughes is thick.Get used to it!

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Hibernian Verse
22-08-2010, 05:10 PM
So commentator says it's his fault which then makes you come and moan even though you haven't seen it?

Hogg had a good game today IMO, which is something seeing as I've failed to defend him recently due to shocking performances. Handled Beattie very well given the guys size.

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 05:10 PM
He has had four years to "move on from here". I could genuinely list you 40 or 50 good, honest, decent professional footballers. No one questions that aspect of Chris Hogg. What we question is his ability both as a professional centre half footballer with a top flight SPL club, and also thanks to Hughes, his leadership of the team through good, bad and ugly. Hogg, I am sorry friend, is never ever a good enough footballer for Hibernian Football Club and has not been for a good while. Look at his body language when the first went in. Next game he plays, watch him very closely. Watch his positioning, watch his movement, watch his tracking and watch his anticipation. I do sadly because I love the actual knowledge of the game. He jogs back into position when opposing players attack through the middle. He does not have vision, nor does he turn his head to see on-rushing attackers when opposing players attack from wide (that is why he is more often than not on top of his goalkeeper when their are cutbacks from the by-line). He fails to lead, fails to rally troops, and simply, the other players do not look to Chris Hogg when the chips are down. You need to be as bright as a button, hugely athletic, and show real fight and determination in the SPL when a centre half. Hogg, lovely guy as he is (and he is), is not a good footballer. For 60 minutes today his showing was decent, more to do with the fact Rangers had no cutting edge themselves and applied no pressure. When they did...........well, where was he then eh ?

crash
22-08-2010, 05:14 PM
He has had four years to "move on from here". I could genuinely list you 40 or 50 good, honest, decent professional footballers. No one questions that aspect of Chris Hogg. What we question is his ability both as a professional centre half footballer with a top flight SPL club, and also thanks to Hughes, his leadership of the team through good, bad and ugly. Hogg, I am sorry friend, is never ever a good enough footballer for Hibernian Football Club and has not been for a good while. Look at his body language when the first went in. Next game he plays, watch him very closely. Watch his positioning, watch his movement, watch his tracking and watch his anticipation. I do sadly because I love the actual knowledge of the game. He jogs back into position when opposing players attack through the middle. He does not have vision, nor does he turn his head to see on-rushing attackers when opposing players attack from wide (that is why he is more often than not on top of his goalkeeper when their are cutbacks from the by-line). He fails to lead, fails to rally troops, and simply, the other players do not look to Chris Hogg when the chips are down. You need to be as bright as a button, hugely athletic, and show real fight and determination in the SPL when a centre half. Hogg, lovely guy as he is (and he is), is not a good footballer. For 60 minutes today his showing was decent, more to do with the fact Rangers had no cutting edge themselves and applied no pressure. When they did...........well, where was he then eh ?

Spot on.:top marks

Judas Iscariot
22-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Just watched the game back and Hogg was defo at fault at some point during all 3 goals..

If you think he had a good game have a look at the Huns 2 CH's, one of which is old enough to be his dad, then tell me he played well..

Centre halfs are MEANT to be commanding, vocal an dominant..

I'm not going to mention what a captain is meant to be and do just to condemn Hogg some more..

PlSS POOR!

TheGreenMan
22-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I've just punished myself by watching the goals again on Sky+, here's my two bob on it;

1st Goal: 3 Defenders in a good line, 20 yards from goal. Hogg decides to drop 10 yards deeper and does not react quick enough and after the ball deflects, I though M.Brown really should have been touching it out for a corner. Hogg should be stepping up and keeping a line and this does not happen.

2nd Goal: Hogg's starting position is out on the touchline. Why? Then the wee Hun plays a simple 1-2 with Davis(?) and runs off Hogg. Hogg watches the ball instead of following the player, again reacting too slow. This in turn leaves Bamba to try cover and get across, leaving K.Miller with a tap in.

3rd Goal: Hogg in possession of the ball under no pressure, does not 'hoof it' as he done for most of the match, he tries to dink an aimed long ball up to Nish, which drops about 10 yards to short and lands straight at a Hun. We are now under pressure as we had pushed a few forward. K.Miller spins off Hogg and has a free run on goal. Hogg with no chance to get back in, I thought he could have again tried to step up to play offside as Wotherspoon was trying to do but Hogg tries to catch Miller and in turn plays him onside.

Im sorry, but even after Hogg won a few battles with Beattie (who looked unfit IMO) in the first 60 mins, anyone who thought he had a good game today needs their eyes tested. I will never abuse out players at a game but Jesus Christ this guy is playing so far beyond his level its untrue. He may once have been a promising centre back when Mogga signed him but I can honestly not think of 1 single attribute Hogg has that makes him merit the captaincy and starting week in week out for a club like Hibernian. If others do then maybe my standards are a bit higher than watching a mini Shaun Dennis contribute to our downfall every week.

Overall: Good performance today for up to 60 mins, De Graff should have scored (from our point of view) but great tackle (from the Huns point of view). We then fell apart and looked tired and lost all spirit after they scored.

I think thats an honest assessment without being overly critical of anyone. Hogg just doesn't have it IMO.

H18sry
22-08-2010, 05:53 PM

Just watched again and Hogg cannot be blamed

Twiglet
22-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I thought Hogg had a decent match. As usual everyone is quick to criticise him. Had some lovely long balls that were accurate, and somehting that pleases me so much, he didn't pass back much.

I thought Miller had a much worse match, his passing was dire. He gave the ball away so much it was unreal. If that had been Rankin passing like that (who played well when he came on) he would have been slammed by people on here as he is another scapegoat.

Captain Trips
22-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Keeper maybe should have done better for first I dont really blame Hogg IMO, whoever was supposed to be marking Miller for 2nd should be looked at, he allowed Miller long enought to light a cigar.

Judas Iscariot
22-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Just watched again and Hogg cannot be blamed

Apart from being 8 yards behind the rest of the defence and playing everyone onside :confused:

MSK
22-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Keeper maybe should hnebiiiiiiitantlybame Hogg IMO, whoever was supposed to be marking Miller for 2nd should be looked at, he allowed Miller long enoght to light a cigar.Eh ..?...:greengrin

Kaiser1962
22-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Alternatively Hogg was sitting deepest and played them all onside. But thats the problem in that they dont operate as a unit effectively. On the other hand Rangers were very clinical and that was the difference today

I thought he was ok. The first goal wasn't his or Brown's fault, it was just unlucky. If we're being picky then the third goal was more Wotherspoon not getting back but it would be very harsh to blame it all on him.

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Rangers have at least four "captains" on the pitch though, that's the difference. At one point, Kenny Miller played a ball yards behind Naismith, and both went nuts at each other. There is the difference between the OF and Hibs. A misplaced pass matters. A lost tackle matters. Not playing the right pass matters. Weir, Bougherra, Davis and Miller all play with an arrogance, and it's one they deserve and have earned because they have won things, are confident in their ability, and still show burning passion and desire even if it means losing it at their mates. With Hibs - occasionally hands go in the air. At one point today, Derek did well, lost the ball, and instead of picking himself up and going for the second ball, remained on the deck pleading for a free kick that was never coming. Weir and Bougherra command their area. They play with a sheer "I am better than you" type attitude and a "thou shall not pass or I'll foul ya". Even if we had scored, I would always hazard a guess that Rangers inspired by Weir and Co would have thrown the kitchen sink at us to get an equaliser. We would have sat back and tried to soak it up. Hibs have proved in all the years I have watched them, they aint that good at doing that. The Mowbray side had youthful arrogance, pace and skill. Yep they took a few tankings too mind. The Collins side was the fittest and most organised we have had in recent years. Every one knew what to do. Hughes - he needs time but he surely must see that what this side needs isn't "cuddles and sprinkles of gold dust", but grit, desire, winners and braun. Intermingle with that your Zemmama's, Derek's, Galbraith's and Stokes. Even at 2-0 that Rangers side were really not that great. But when Weir and Bougherra see Nish coming on I bet you any cash you have they don't quake in their shiny adidas boots. Sadly when wee Weiss came on you could physically see our defenders sh*te themselves. A wee bit of pace, direct running, and skill...............our defence is like building a house on a sand dune. It collapses. McLeish's side was the best of recent times. Hardness in Hughes, Laursen, Mixu and Jack. Latapy, Zitteli and O'Neill for skill and pace. And Franck.........oh Franck how we could have done with you today to lead them forward.

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2010, 06:51 PM

bahahahahahahaha.......

grow up

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Just watched the game back and Hogg was defo at fault at some point during all 3 goals..

If you think he had a good game have a look at the Huns 2 CH's, one of which is old enough to be his dad, then tell me he played well..

I'm not going to mention what a captain is meant to be and do just to condemn Hogg some more..

PlSS POOR!

remove the 'I hate Chris Hogg badge' and then we'll talk....:bye::bye::bye:

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2010, 07:17 PM

Agreed he was much better today, but still gets castigated on here:grr:

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2010, 07:18 PM

PlSS POOR!

You are wrong in your assessment..... At the first the ball deflects off him, is that his fault......????

Hibby 2005
22-08-2010, 07:18 PM
I watched the game today. When HT came along a friend said "Hogg's having a no bad game". I agreed while remarking that he quite often plays well for 95% of the time but then makes a silly mistake that usually results in the loss of a goal.

Big Frank
22-08-2010, 07:37 PM
You are wrong in your assessment..... At the first the ball deflects off him, is that his fault......????

Baldy. He was gash for 2 and 3. :agree:

During a game, he collects the ball, steadies himself, looks up, HOOF.

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2010, 07:39 PM

Think he is being hounded especially on here..... Thought he was much better today.... Obviously does not suit some peoples agendas..........

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Think he is being hounded especially on here..... Thought he was much better today.... Obviously does not suit some peoples agendas..........

:top marks

lyonhibs
22-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Hogg might hav done better for the 1st, and was brutally exposed at the 3rd (is that REALLY him sprinting full pelt to get back - worrying if it is) but I thot was today was a vast improvement on recent performances - in saying that we r starting from a pretty low base!

churchie16
22-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Not going to slate hogg but not a captain murray should be from now on and bring him in to play along side to be honest our only decent centre half bamba.

KiddA
22-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Exactly my thoughts, I watched Hogg like a hawk after the first goal and to be honest he was miles off the pace of the game, some folk on here really are easy pleased if they think he had a good or decent game, THE worst captain of Hibernian I can remember, and I'm not trying to single him out for our defensive woes, Hughes MUST see this week in week out.

I think the problem with today was that Hogg was better than he has been in recent months thats why a lot of fans thought he was ok. I thought he was out of position a lot today and as a captain could not organize a p#ss up in a brewery. One of the big attributes as a captain is to give out information and organize. Hogg has zero talk and does not make up for it in his ability with a football.

JimBHibees
22-08-2010, 08:07 PM

Really was not great in any way. Wasnt terrible but dear oh dear he is such an obvious weakness it is embarressing. His effort to get back at Miller for the third goal was embarressing. Yogi get this joker out the team and get Stephens or a new signing in now.

down-the-slope
22-08-2010, 08:08 PM

:yawn: :clown:

JimBHibees
22-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Hogg might hav done better for the 1st, and was brutally exposed at the 3rd (is that REALLY him sprinting full pelt to get back - worrying if it is) but I thot was today was a vast improvement on recent performances - in saying that we r starting from a pretty low base!

Nail on head.

JimBHibees
22-08-2010, 08:11 PM
:bye: Hogg was great today, as were the entire defence, have a word or dont bother coming back :)

Yam IMO.

Jonnyboy
22-08-2010, 08:14 PM

Not sure I'd go as far as that K but he did put in a better shift today IMO :wink:

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 08:14 PM
:yawn: :clown:

Fair enough it' all about opinions. Hogg played decent when he was not realy tested today. When he was, I thought he was, as he has been a lot, incredibly slow and poor. Bamba was outstanding. If you are happy to watch Hogg as your defensive lynchpin, leader and captain every week......then I am indeed off to the circus :wink:

Sergey
22-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Not sure I'd go as far as that K but he did put in a better shift today IMO :wink:

He did rise above mediocre today, JC?

SvenNeil
22-08-2010, 08:18 PM

He played almost every ball along the ground today

SvenNeil
22-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Yam IMO.

Aye ok, having been a season ticket holder for 20 odd years i think you may be wrong :bye:

JimBHibees
22-08-2010, 08:19 PM
I actually thought Hogg had a cracking match today - much much better :thumbsup:

Really a cracking match. What standards are being set when that is seen as cracking, he was average and was awful for the third goal. The team IMO showed a real lack of backbone when 2-0 down where was our captain there, still waiting. A passenger who should be replaced now not until he blows another couple of goals next week.

JimBHibees
22-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Aye ok, having been a season ticket holder for 20 odd years i think you may be wrong :bye:

Sorry bud not trying to be funny but think Hogg is a man short and IMO no way could he be said to have had a great game.

SvenNeil
22-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Sorry bud not trying to be funny but think Hogg is a man short and IMO no way could he be said to have had a great game.

No need to call me a Yam tho :greengrin

Today I felt Hogg was much more commanding, he won every high ball that came his way and stopped his hoofballness.

HIBERNIAN-0762

Jonnyboy
He did rise above mediocre today, JC?

Aye, it's all relative G. Usually he's worse than he was today - make of that what you will :greengrin

hibee_girl
22-08-2010, 08:26 PM

I consider that high praise for Hogg coming from you :greengrin

JimBHibees
22-08-2010, 08:27 PM

Today I felt Hogg was much more commanding, he won every high ball that came his way and stopped his hoofballness.

Yep apologies realise it is the ultimate insult.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
22-08-2010, 08:28 PM
I consider that high praise for Hogg coming from you :greengrin

:greengrin dinnae get too carried away though :greengrin

truehibernian
22-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Aye, it's all relative G. Usually he's worse than he was today - make of that what you will :greengrin

What worries me more than anything mate is if Sol Bamba goes this window. Getting away from the Hogg bashing, he is without doubt our only quality defender (though Hart today looked solid). Murray will always give 100% for the cause and should have the armband, but even Ian looked a yard short so early into the season. Maybe a Murray/Stephens partnership (or even young Hanlon). It leaves that left back position open. Maybe young Lee Currie could step up (I know not his position but he looks solid/pacey and has some dig) ?

Jonnyboy
22-08-2010, 08:34 PM
What worries me more than anything mate is if Sol Bamba goes this window. Getting away from the Hogg bashing, he is without doubt our only quality defender (though Hart today looked solid). Murray will always give 100% for the cause and should have the armband, but even Ian looked a yard short so early into the season. Maybe a Murray/Stephens partnership (or even young Hanlon). It leaves that left back position open. Maybe young Lee Currie could step up (I know not his position but he looks solid/pacey and has some dig) ?

Aye it's a worry if Sol goes, I agree. Personally I'd pair him with Hanlon in the middle once IM returns at left back. I also agree that Murray looks a tad short on pace this season but I'm hoping once he gets a few games under his belt all will be well.

Have to say I like what I've seen of Stephens and might even look at him partnering Sol with Hanlon at left back. Either way I don't see CH being a long term option

Hainan Hibs
22-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Hog is utter utter utter gash and I cannot believe he still gets a game. He has no pace, no skill, no strength, get's pushed off the baw like a wee lassie, skinned I don't know how many times, and in generally is complete and utter Barry White. And I can't leave out the way the head goes down after an opposition goal (an often occurrence when Hogg is about).

I'd rather have Colin Murdock.

JimBHibees
22-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Hog is utter utter utter gash and I cannot believe he still gets a game. He has no pace, no skill, no strength, get's pushed off the baw like a wee lassie, skinned I don't know how many times, and in generally is complete and utter Barry White. And I can't leave out the way the head goes down after an opposition goal (an often occurrence when Hogg is about).

I'd rather have Colin Murdock.

Which pretty much says it all.

Sergey
22-08-2010, 08:41 PM

As long as you're not defending the indefensible (is that an oxymoron in a Hogg thread?)

Tyler Durden
22-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Quite simply Hogg will continue to cost us goals until he is taken out of the firing line. I think it would be best for both parties if he moved on. He has had periods of consistency for Hibs so maybe a fresh start elsewhere would do him good.

Absolutely gash again today & at fault for every goal, particularly the last. Any benefit he brings to the squad as a 'consumate pro' is outweighed by the shambolic performances once he's on the park. Bring in Stephens or Murray asap please.

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Quite simply Hogg will continue to cost us goals until he is taken out of the firing line. I think it would be best for both parties if he moved on. He has had periods of consistency for Hibs so maybe a fresh start elsewhere would do him good.

Absolutely gash again today & at fault for every goal, particularly the last. Any benefit he brings to the squad as a 'consumate pro' is outweighed by the shambolic performances once he's on the park. Bring in Stephens or Murray asap please.

were you at the game today? or was this just a game you dreamt in your head? :confused:

ArabHibee
22-08-2010, 09:02 PM
were you at the game today? or was this just a game you dreamt in your head? :confused:

:tee hee: :thumbsup:

Big Frank
22-08-2010, 09:05 PM
He played almost every ball along the ground today

Utter, utter nonsense.

calamitus
22-08-2010, 09:06 PM
His distribution wasn't the best today, but to be fair, he was making some great tackles, and looked much better when he chose to run it up into the midfield a few times.

Tyler Durden
22-08-2010, 09:08 PM
As someone has already pointed out, Hogg looked comfortable up against an unfit Beattie. As soon as Rangers upped a gear he was found wanting. Others have already provided a breakdown of his part in all 3 goals, don't think I need to repeat them.

What positive contribution did I miss from our inspirational leader?

lyonhibs
22-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Hogg played almost every ball along the ground today, except for those he didn't. Which was, as usual, the vast majority of passes he made.
Like I say, an improvement, but let's keep it in our pants eh??!!

Big Frank
22-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Hogg played almost every ball along the ground today, except for those he didn't. Which was, as usual, the vast majority of passes he made.
Like I say, an improvement, but let's keep it in our pants eh??!!

:faf::faf:

Toaods
22-08-2010, 09:53 PM

2 simple questions on those posts....

...is this season ticket for Easter Road and does the seat face the pitch? :dizzy:

proud_and_green
22-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I agree that Hoggy was considerably better than he has been. I also tend to agree that he has for the past 9 months or so been below what we really need and want. That said much of the team for that same period has matched that description too.

I have noticed though this week and last week that Hoggy doesn't come anwhere near the fans now. He knows he's going to get pelters from his own fans just for stepping on the park and daring to wear the Hibs top. This can not do him - or any of the other scapegoats - any good or give them confidence.

Every time he is about to touch the ball, i bet he is waiting for the abuse which will inevitabl come regardless of how it turns out.

jane_says
22-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I agree that Hoggy was considerably better than he has been. I also tend to agree that he has for the past 9 months or so been below what we really need and want. That said much of the team for that same period has matched that description too.

I have noticed though this week and last week that Hoggy doesn't come anwhere near the fans now. He knows he's going to get pelters from his own fans just for stepping on the park and daring to wear the Hibs top. This can not do him - or any of the other scapegoats - any good or give them confidence.

Every time he is about to touch the ball, i bet he is waiting for the abuse which will inevitabl come regardless of how it turns out.

there was a boy behind me that shouted nish you're a f*****g donkey as he jogged onto the pitch as a sub. wtf do these people get kicks out of making them feel like they can't play for hibs? because it's working

TornadoHibby
22-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Can't help having his third keeper of the season behind him. Didn't think he was at fault for that and I think he was having a good game until then. Was first in to try and calm down our players when the ref was being a phanny.

Hogg only made one mistake all game IMO and that wa sthe poor pass out just befor ethe 3rd goal which went straight back over his head but should have been dealt with better by Wotherspoon who left Miller clear hoping to get an offisde decision which never came as Hogg was still deeper than he was! :confused:

People should wach what is actually happening r ather than listen to their preconceived ideas about what they think is happening! :grr:

Big Frank
22-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Hogg only made one mistake all game IMO and that wa sthe poor pass out just befor ethe 3rd goal which went straight back over his head but should have been dealt with better by Wotherspoon who left Miller clear hoping to get an offisde decision which never came as Hogg was still deeper than he was! :confused:

People should wach what is actually happening r ather than listen to their preconceived ideas about what they think is happening! :grr:

I saw Hogg launch the ball up the park comfortably a half a dozen times in the first half. To no-one. In the second half he did not track his runner - simple one two goal. (2nd). He was MILES away from miller for the third. YOu could have driven my beemer through the gap.

Your totally correct re spoony imo.

Not sure I understand your preconceived ideas come from.

Big Frank
22-08-2010, 11:13 PM
there was a boy behind me that shouted nish you're a f*****g donkey as he jogged onto the pitch as a sub. wtf do these people get kicks out of making them feel like they can't play for hibs? because it's working

To be fair, the boy had a point:devil:

TornadoHibby
22-08-2010, 11:18 PM
I saw Hogg launch the ball up the park comfortably a half a dozen times in the first half. To no-one. In the second half he did not track his runner - simple one two goal. (2nd). He was MILES away from miller for the third. YOu could have driven my beemer through the gap.

Your totally correct re spoony imo.

Not sure I understand your preconceived ideas come from.

Let me explain then if I may! :cool2:

Hogg has become one of the players who a large number of Hibs dot netters have come to "hate" when IMO he doesn't deserve it and most certainly didn't today! :agree:

That make it clearer now? :wink:

Big Frank
22-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Let me explain then if I may! :cool2:

Hogg has become one of the players who a large number of Hibs dot netter have come to "hate" when IMO he doesn't deserve it and most certainly didn't today! :agree:

That make it clearer now? :wink:

Yip. Much clearer:thumbsup:

However:greengrin, Lets be clear, Hogg hasn't all of a sudden turned pish. hibernian fans all of a sudden haven't started to hate him.

They know their fitba, they know a bombscare when they see on. Look at Sol.
Chalk and cheese! Where is the preconceived hating sol? nowhere. Why? Because he's a fitballer and is at the standard we all want to see.

Hogg might have one or two games where he will shine, the rest he'll be mediocre. I will say again tho', he's playing to the best of his ability. Unfortunately, thats not very good.

Therefore, not really buying into the preconceived bit. Your right to a point, but its been conceived over a long period of time.

Hope thats clear:wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
22-08-2010, 11:45 PM

Whether you agree with what he's saying or not (and I don't) there is absolutely no point in shouting something like that. No help to anyone abusing a player before he's kicked a ball. That's an example of a supporter having a howler

Back to the subject of the thread, I though Hogg played ok today and certainly doesn't deserve to be singled out for criticism.

Hibercelona
22-08-2010, 11:57 PM
I don't blame Hogg for the goal. I don't think you can blame any player for an unlucky deflection.

However, I still don't want to see him in the green and white ever again. He is utterly useless.

Whenever he has the ball in defence, he always looks to hoof it aimlessly up the park, even when he is under no pressure what so ever.

With players like Hogg, its impossible to build from the back.

down the slope
23-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Hogg must be a relative of Benny Brazil, he is certainly as bad but still people stick up for him, watch him closely at each goal and he is the main culprit at everyone of them.

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Hogg must be a relative of Benny Brazil, he is certainly as bad but still people stick up for him, watch him closely at each goal and he is the main culprit at everyone of them.

Harsh and untrue.......

He was not the main culprit for the two montherwell goals last week, the first one today was a deflection off him, which IMO Brown should have dealt with better.......

Hibs90
23-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Hogg must have won about 3/20 headers against James Beattie, a guy much smaller than him.

Countless, aimless, hoofs up the park. He's dire, and not a leader either. Need a new CH. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Hogg must have won about 3/20 headers against James Beattie, a guy much smaller than him.

Countless, aimless, hoofs up the park. He's dire, and not a leader either. Need a new CH. :agree:

Come on, thats just untrue, he won much more than 3 out of 20........

Still dont let that stop you....

Brooster
23-08-2010, 07:44 AM
He won much more than 3 out of 20........

Still dont let that stop you

And I wouldn't mind betting that Beattie is taller than Hogg.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2010, 07:53 AM
As soon as McBride left the pitch, Hogg looked painfully exposed without him sitting in front. Thought he was having a decent game before that.

We had a decent structure which was effective. Yes, we needed more of a cutting edge, but at 11 v 11 we could have feasibly won that game 1-0.

However, when McBride left and our defence was exposed, particularly with the pace of Weiss, the limitations were there for all to see. As has been said, we won't face that quality every game, and it won't be such an issue. But we are crying out for a taller, quicker, stronger and more mobile presence in the centre of defence, and probably a more vocal captain.

down the slope
23-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Check out the last goal, Hoggenbauer strolls up the pitch and gives one of his lazy little flicks forward that he does-right to a Rangers player who passes it up to Miller with the hogg puffing oot his erse trying to catch him, it's people like him who get managers the sack and yogi makes him captain ! ,so be it.

Hibby 2005
23-08-2010, 09:03 AM
As soon as McBride left the pitch, Hogg looked painfully exposed without him sitting in front. Thought he was having a decent game before that.

We had a decent structure which was effective. Yes, we needed more of a cutting edge, but at 11 v 11 we could have feasibly won that game 1-0.

However, when McBride left and our defence was exposed, particularly with the pace of Weiss, the limitations were there for all to see. As has been said, we won't face that quality every game, and it won't be such an issue. But we are crying out for a taller, quicker, stronger and more mobile presence in the centre of defence, and probably a more vocal captain.

Exactly.

Yogi never reacted to this by replacing McBride with Thicot or Stephens and taking off a midfielder like de Graff or Wotherspoon. Walter Smith didn't have to do anything as Laughing boy was ***** anyway.

Tollhouse Hibee
23-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Hogg is simply not good enough, and has not been since rob jones left ER.

Bamba was immense, and had it not been for bamba we would have got a right gubbing.

Hanlon was poor, but not a RB.

I think the future has to be a back 3, making us more solid, and harder to beat, with Stephens, Bamba and Hanlon. Lets get these guys experience for the future.

Cheerio Mr Hogg, or welcome to the bench.

Expecting Rain
23-08-2010, 09:10 AM
If the perception of some of Hibs fans is that Hogg was decent then we are in for a long painful season ahead, i think most of his admirers are desperate for him to do well as are his critics, he is a 1st division player at best.

GlesgaeHibby
23-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Hogg had a good game? Yes compared to his usual low standards he was much better yesterday, but still absolutely gash. Lost count of the amount of times he was passed the ball in space, had time to pick a pass but still hoofed it after his touch had let him down.

The first goal Brown probably could have done better, but he wouldn't have needed to if Hogg had stepped up and been in line with the rest of his defence to play Beattie offside.

Overall he was much better than he has been recently, but he is still nowhere near good enough. Yes he is a nice guy, leads by example in the way he conducts himself off the pitch but he is just not good enough. I do feel sorry for him, and would like him to succeed but he just hasn't got it IMO.

It seems many people on here are taking a similar approach to Hogg as they did with Maka. Sticking up for a player who is not good enough because he is a nice, hardworking, honest guy.

Hibs On Tour
23-08-2010, 09:24 AM
For me, we were the better team until Riordan and Hart had to go off injured. Certainly, we were competing with them across the pitch. Although he doesn't look fit, De Graff has caught my eye a couple of times with his vision and penetrating passing - one to DR [I think] yesterday was class. Although I've held off for a while now, I'll go against the grain and say I thought Hogg was poor yesterday - there were plenty of moments where his reading, control and decision-making weren't the best. Bamba was excellent, as was Miller. Stokes and Spoony didn't have their best games however. Galbraith did OK when he came on.

Question - take it Stack is injured again? Yogi is going to have to sort out who his regular no1 is because its certainly not going to help the defence having a different keeper behind them every week. Does no-one any good that.

Even after DR and Hart went off, if it wasn't for Bougherra I think we'd have won it. That chance goes in its 1-0 and they're on the back foot. It doesn't, they come up the park and Miller has a relatively easy goal. We crumble thereafter I felt which was perhaps the one disappointing aspect of our performance yesterday.

Probably more good than bad to take from it however, although I hope we're not without DR and Hart for long spells...

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Maybe things have changed, but it used to be when i played the captain was one of your best players, if not the best player. The captain was always someone vocal, and someone who inspired the rest of the team with his desire to win. As i said, perhaps its different these days.

SneakersO'Toole
23-08-2010, 11:55 AM
He was completely at fault for their 3rd goal. Shocking initial pass and then terrible decision to leisurely jog backwards instead of stepping forward and playing Miller offside.

He was unlucky for the 1st. Both Galbraith and Hanlon were caught ball watching while Miller anticipated Beattie's cut back.

The debate on Chris Hogg has been done to death on here but I think most fan's (and more importantly Yogi) are seeing that he is not a natural leader on the park and in actual fact his ability as a centre half is limited at best. This is being exposed and evident for all to see most games now.

Who know's, we may see Ian Murray at centre half next week or perhaps even Stephens if he feels the guy is ready. Thicot I think is probably one who Hughes is 'looking to shuffle about' to use his own words. Time will tell.

Kaiser1962
23-08-2010, 02:13 PM

Aye, the lengths you Yams will go to infiltrate Hibs.net with a yammish agenda. :greengrin

hibees59
23-08-2010, 02:43 PM

Beattie is an inch taller than Hogg. It's good to get your facts straight.:confused:

Jones28
23-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Utter, utter nonsense.

I actually agree, far less hoofball than usual, much better passing and even drove forward with the ball a few times. Only twice can i remember Hogg playing a high ball forward, both of which almost created a decent chance.

However, it's clear to me that its pointless trying to fight Hoggy's corner as it doesnt matter what he does on the park or people like me say on the messageboards

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I actually agree, far less hoofball than usual, much better passing and even drove forward with the ball a few times. Only twice can i remember Hogg playing a high ball forward, both of which almost created a decent chance.

However, it's clear to me that its pointless trying to fight Hoggy's corner as it doesnt matter what he does on the park or people like me say on the messageboards

:top marks:top marks:agree::agree:

Seanair
23-08-2010, 03:43 PM

Only twice? You must have missed a good part of the game!
One of his high balls ( the one that was chipped up the middle when the 2 fullbacks were waiting for a sideways pass) led to a goal, but he was punting it up the field all afternoon. People near me were going spare at this and his other mistaken judgements (heading to an opponent when he had time to control it, etc).

Hogg is not good enough to be in the Hibs team, never mind Captain.

PS Has any other club ever tried to buy Hogg from Hibs? If not ,why not?:grr:

down the slope
23-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Only twice? You must have missed a good part of the game!
One of his high balls ( the one that was chipped up the middle when the 2 fullbacks were waiting for a sideways pass) led to a goal, but he was punting it up the field all afternoon. People near me were going spare at this and his other mistaken judgements (heading to an opponent when he had time to control it, etc).

Hogg is not good enough to be in the Hibs team, never mind Captain.

PS Has any other club ever tried to buy Hogg from Hibs? If not ,why not?:grr:

Nobody would touch him even for free, just like Maka we will find his true worth when he leaves us . Only the Hibs !.

Hibs90
23-08-2010, 10:18 PM
And I wouldn't mind betting that Beattie is taller than Hogg.

Okay so Beattie is 1 inch taller than Hogg, still no excuses. Hogg had a mare. He is rapidly getting worse each week and needs dropped.

Riordans Boots
23-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Okay so Beattie is 1 inch taller than Hogg, still no excuses. Hogg had a mare. He is rapidly getting worse each week and needs dropped.

What game were you watching :confused:

Big Frank
23-08-2010, 11:00 PM
:top marks:top marks:agree::agree:

Right then Baldy.

Hoggs barry:thumbsup:

Top drawer:agree:

The vast majority of hibbys havenae got a clue. :rolleyes:

KiddA
24-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Right then Baldy.

Frank,

I debated this to death last week with Baldy about how bad Hogg was. One fellow netter said to Baldy would you pay Nish and Hoggs wages out of your own pocket and he said yes :hilarious

I almost p#ssed my sides when I read this. Like you say the majority of Hibs fans can't be wrong :agree: and he has to go plain and simple. I like you are getting tired of Hoggs performances now and think he is stealing money from the club as far as I am concerned.

SneakersO'Toole
24-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Frank,

I debated this to death last week with Baldy about how bad Hogg was. One fellow netter said to Baldy would you pay Nish and Hoggs wages out of your own pocket and he said yes :hilarious

I almost p#ssed my sides when I read this. Like you say the majority of Hibs fans can't be wrong :agree: and he has to go plain and simple. I like you are getting tired of Hoggs performances now and think he is stealing money from the club as far as I am concerned.

Whats interesting about these threads is that you get a few fans who try stick up for the player in question but can never actually state what it is said player actually brings to the team. Instead they deflect it on to the usual, 'he's honest and hard-working' or 'what about the other 10 players in green and white'.

I would love to hear what attributes Hogg actually brings to the team from people who think he deserves to be on the teamsheet week in week out?

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Frank,

Stealing money from the club's not fair. I've no doubt he tries hard but he's just not what we need if we want to push on.

We're having this debate every week now - the majority of us know he's not good enough, I don't think any more evidence is needed.

These threads only drag on so long because of the handful of folk that like to be internet Donald Findlay's and defend the indefensible.

down the slope
24-08-2010, 07:32 AM
The worrying thing is the manager thinks he is ok !, it just shows you how stubborn Hughes is when he keeps playing him regardless of what he does rather than lose "face" , if anyone has any doubts just have a look at the last goal on the BBC website and you will see him in all his glory, utter amateur stuff.

hibhib7
24-08-2010, 08:48 AM
It's been obvious for a long time now that Hogg is just far too slow in central defence. He cannot turn (witness the second goal on Sunday, when he jogs back at a one-two) and costs us goals every season. I actually thought he played well against Rangers for an hour and won most of his challenges but, ultimately, his sheer lack of pace costs us.

I'm not a Hogg basher - I genuinely think he's a nice guy who gives 100% for the club, and for that reason I wish him well - but, as I've said before on this forum, he's not good enough for the SPL and anyone with moderate pace gives him a torrid time.

Having said that; the whole side is screaming out for an injection of pace. Not many of them would win the egg-and-spoon race (do they still have them?) at a primary school sports day.

JimBHibees
24-08-2010, 08:51 AM
The worrying thing is the manager thinks he is ok !, it just shows you how stubborn Hughes is when he keeps playing him regardless of what he does rather than lose "face" , if anyone has any doubts just have a look at the last goal on the BBC website and you will see him in all his glory, utter amateur stuff.

Only the last goal, personally think he should have reacted quicker to the first goal and should have done better when Weiss walked past him for goal 2.

Patently not good enough.

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2010, 09:02 AM
It's been obvious for a long time now that Hogg is just far too slow in central defence. He cannot turn (witness the second goal on Sunday, when he jogs back at a one-two) and costs us goals every season. I actually thought he played well against Rangers for an hour and won most of his challenges but, ultimately, his sheer lack of pace costs us.

I'm not a Hogg basher - I genuinely think he's a nice guy who gives 100% for the club, and for that reason I wish him well - but, as I've said before on this forum, he's not good enough for the SPL and anyone with moderate pace gives him a torrid time.

Having said that; the whole side is screaming out for an injection of pace. Not many of them would win the egg-and-spoon race (do they still have them?) at a primary school sports day.

I think this is probably the most balanced post on the subject. Hogg was very good for the first hour, when the defence had the protection of McBride and Huns weren't allowed to run at him. When McBride came on and the Sticky's had more room, Smith obviously saw this weakness and injected further pace in the form of Weiss.

GH is a bit too slow and easily turned, and I fear that every SPL team who have a modicum of pace up front will now target him ruthlessly. There is no doubt his game fell apart in the final half hour. Yes, he might busk it against lower league SPL sides, but if we're challenging for the top four and Hampden cups, then we really need to bring more strength and pace in this position.

smurf
24-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Hogg is an honest pro. And by all accounts a decent man. However this thread highlights very well his deficiencies as a footballer. If we continue to play him then we will continue to pay the price as we are. It could all contribute to Hughes losing his job. So what I can't understand is why he hasn't addressed the issue?

KiddA
24-08-2010, 05:14 PM

Whats interesting about these threads is that you get a few fans who try stick up for the player in question but can never actually state what it is said player actually brings to the team. Instead they deflect it on to the usual, 'he's honest and hard-working' or 'what about the other 10 players in green and white'.

I would love to hear what attributes Hogg actually brings to the team from people who think he deserves to be on the teamsheet week in week out?

Yeah you are spot on :agree:

KiddA
24-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Stealing money from the club's not fair. I've no doubt he tries hard but he's just not what we need if we want to push on.

We're having this debate every week now - the majority of us know he's not good enough, I don't think any more evidence is needed.

These threads only drag on so long because of the handful of folk that like to be internet Donald Findlay's and defend the indefensible.

Yeah maybe it was maybe it wasn't but sometimes he just does not look interested and his body language says a lot and thats what I am basing it on. I for one would play for Hibs for free as I love Hibs through and through and I am sure the majority of fans on this site would do the same. If you are captain of Hibernian you have got to give 100% commitment week in and week out and Hogg is not doing that.

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Yeah maybe it was maybe it wasn't but sometimes he just does not look interested and his body language says a lot and thats what I am basing it on. I for one would play for Hibs for free as I love Hibs through and through and I am sure the majority of fans on this site would do the same. If you are captain of Hibernian you have got to give 100% commitment week in and week out and Hogg is not doing that.

How can you tell Hogg is not giving 100% committment??:confused: This is nonsense.......

Do you watch every Hibs match on the Internet? How can anyone say this is beyond me....

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Frank,

Stealing money from the club, behave yourself.............

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2010, 05:52 PM
How can you tell Hogg is not giving 100% committment??:confused: This is nonsense.......

Do you watch every Hibs match on the Internet? How can anyone say this is beyond me....

Stealing money from the club, behave yourself.............

I think every player gives 100%, and i dont believe any player is stealing money from the club. I do think there as some like Hogg who are not good enough, and if I'm honest don't think ever will be.

KiddA
24-08-2010, 06:15 PM

Your posts about Hogg are nonsense, what difference does it make whether I watch the game on tv or the internet due to my job and life in the USA I find it hard to make games now.

You are not going to get on the im a better fan than you bs again are you?

I said on another post that I base this on his body language, to me he does not look interested sometimes and that is fact.

While we are on the Hogg subject again what do you think he brings to the team?

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Right then Baldy.

Bit of a condescending post this, masked by your use of smilies........

I do not think Hogg is anywhere near as bad as all the profound coaches on here are making out.....All about opinions though

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 06:33 PM
I think every player gives 100%, and i dont believe any player is stealing money from the club. I do think there as some like Hogg who are not good enough, and if I'm honest don't think ever will be.

Until we have a billionaire to invest, we will always have players who fans don't rate.....That is the nature of the beast..........

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Your posts about Hogg are nonsense, what difference does it make whether I watch the game on tv or the internet due to my job and life in the USA I find it hard to make games now.

You are not going to get on the im a better fan than you bs again are you?

I said on another post that I base this on his body language, to me he does not look interested sometimes and that is fact.

While we are on the Hogg subject again what do you think he brings to the team?

Because on the internet you really only see a small area usually where the ball is...... Being at match you can see the whole pitch or the bigger picture if you like......

I dont think his body language portrays him as being non interested..... Look at Jones when he was here, hand on hips at times, that was bad body language, look at deeks at times and his body language......

I think you seriously dislike Hogg, and are picking on him unfairly...........

In Holland Hogg was one of the best players, but maybe aided by the fact that there was not 8,000 coaches bemoaning his every touch:confused:

KiddA
24-08-2010, 06:40 PM

I know what you are saying bh but to me he has no fire and no hunger to be captain of Hibs and thats why I question his commitment sometimes. I was maybe being unfair with my stealing money from the club comment but he gives us nothing and the way I see it the money he is making could be spent on a player that could do a job for us at the back. I know its easier said than done but Yogi has to make these decisions so its really down to him as he is the boss. I also agree with you Hogg is not going to get any better anytime soon.

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 06:46 PM
I know what you are saying bh but to me he has no fire and no hunger to be captain of Hibs and thats why I question his commitment sometimes. I was maybe being unfair with my stealing money from the club comment but he gives us nothing and the way I see it the money he is making could be spent on a player that could do a job for us at the back. I know its easier said than done but Yogi has to make these decisions so its really down to him as he is the boss. I also agree with you Hogg is not going to get any better anytime soon.

How many of our current squad has the fire and hunger to be our club captain??

KiddA
24-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Because on the internet you really only see a small area usually where the ball is...... Being at match you can see the whole pitch or the bigger picture if you like......

I dont think his body language portrays him as being non interested..... Look at Jones when he was here, hand on hips at times, that was bad body language, look at deeks at times and his body language......

I think you seriously dislike Hogg, and are picking on him unfairly...........

In Holland Hogg was one of the best players, but maybe aided by the fact that there was not 8,000 coaches bemoaning his every touch:confused:

Maybe so about Jones and Deeks but they at least gave and give something to the team Hogg gives us nothing.

Picking on him unfairly :yawn: I have heard it all now.

You never answered my question what do you think Hogg brings to the team?

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Maybe so about Jones and Deeks but they at least gave and give something to the team Hogg gives us nothing.

What percentage of Hoggs games as captain have you seen on internet?

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 06:53 PM

Hogg gives us nothing, really???

Not much point in discussing any further then.............

lyonhibs
24-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Iv seen the majority of Hogg's games as captain live, and whilst disagreeing with the 'stealing money' comment, beyond being a 'good pro' and a 'hard worker' (see othr thread) I genuinely cant see what, on a physical, mental or technical level, he currently brings to the team.
Unless he digs deep and rediscovers his confidence and starts to physically dominate opposition strikers, because the above has not always been true

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Hogg gives us nothing, really???

Not much point in discussing any further then.............

:agree: There's not if you're not willing to answer his question.

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 07:01 PM
:agree: There's not if you're not willing to answer his question.

Why should I answer his question............????

He obvioulsy dislikes Hogg and he brings nothing to the team..... Fair enough, I am not going to waste my energy arguing the point

KiddA
24-08-2010, 07:03 PM
What percentage of Hoggs games as captain have you seen on internet?

Again what does this matter? you are clutching at straws now :agree: when I get across when I can I go to every game and when I am in my house I pretty much watch every game on the internet that I can.

So what makes you such an expert because you go to the games :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2010, 07:04 PM

To win the argument?

KiddA
24-08-2010, 07:06 PM

He obvioulsy dislikes Hogg and he brings nothing to the team..... Fair enough, I am not going to waste my energy arguing the point

Ouch someone is getting a little defensive now, either you cannot answer the question or the truth hurts and you cannot take it anymore :dummytit:

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Ouch someone is getting a little defensive now, either you cannot answer the question or the truth hurts and you cannot take it anymore :dummytit:

If that is what you want to believe then great................

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Again what does this matter? you are clutching at straws now :agree: when I get across when I can I go to every game and when I am in my house I pretty much watch every game on the internet that I can.

So what makes you such an expert because you go to the games :rolleyes:

No expert, just don't like people slating players unjustifiably

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 07:14 PM
To win the argument?

Why argue with someone who has made their mind up already................

KiddA
24-08-2010, 07:16 PM
If that is what you want to believe then great................

Well why don't you back up all your comments about Hogg and prove a point and prove me and a lot of other Hibs fans wrong.

WHAT DO YOU THINK HOGG BRINGS TO THE TABLE?????? :dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Well why don't you back up all your comments about Hogg and prove a point and prove me and a lot of other Hibs fans wrong.

WHAT DO YOU THINK HOGG BRINGS TO THE TABLE?????? :dunno:

nah he is pish, cant pass, cant win headers, cant defend, not a leader, never a captain, **** at playing pool at EM.......

You win, see you behind the goals

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Why argue with someone who has made their mind up already................

It's a fair point. I was saying to a mate the other day that there's no point debating it anymore - the majority know he's not good enough and it doesn't need a thread on here every week with more examples of his failings.

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 07:27 PM
It's a fair point. I was saying to a mate the other day that there's no point debating it anymore - the majority know he's not good enough and it doesn't need a thread on here every week with more examples of his failings.

Do you think Hogg/Nish/Rankin are the only players who deserve special mention weekly for being poor, or could we conceivably have 11 threads on all first team players, because lets be honest here, we ain't Chelsea or Man U are we:devil:

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Do you think Hogg/Nish/Rankin are the only players who deserve special mention weekly for being poor, or could we conceivably have 11 threads on all first team players, because lets be honest here, we ain't Chelsea or Man U are we:devil:

I think those 3 are up there as our weak links and like I said I don't think we need a weekly thread about them - the vast majority of folk (even Yogi's coming round) know they're not going to take us forward.

They're consistently not good enough. The rest are inconsistent.

KiddA
24-08-2010, 07:36 PM
nah he is pish, cant pass, cant win headers, cant defend, not a leader, never a captain, **** at playing pool at EM.......

You win, see you behind the goals

I sense you are being a little sarcastic :greengrin

He is **** at playing pool too this guy can't do anything right :wink:

Anyway we have dragged this on a bit so lets just end the debate now no hard feelings :cheers:

Thats what this forum is for afterall

Bring on the Saints :notworthy:

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 07:37 PM
I think those 3 are up there as our weak links and like I said I don't think we need a weekly thread about them - the vast majority of folk (even Yogi's coming round) know they're not going to take us forward.

They're consistently not good enough. The rest are inconsistent.

Lets be honest DH, we got pumped by Maribor over both legs comprehensively, so we could say are the 11 who started good enough to take us forward?

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Lets be honest DH, we got pumped by Maribor over both legs comprehensively, so we could say are the 11 who started good enough to take us forward?

True, I take your point. I was talking in an SPL sense.

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2010, 07:39 PM
True, I take your point. I was talking in an SPL sense.

Fair do's DH...................