PDA

View Full Version : NHC Paul Mitchell

maturehibby
21-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Has he been dropped from the BBC as I havent heard him commentating there for a wee while TV or radio .
As a dyed in the wool jambo with an anti Hibs agenda I hope this is the case .

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Was he no the guy who commentated on our CIS Cup win? He was quite boring. Would far rather an Archie McPherson or an Arthur Montford, or even a Gerry McNee... :rolleyes:

Aubenas
21-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Often does the God slot on Good Morning Scotland; a couple of weeks ago he seemed to hint in that that he'd had bad news at work. Never particularly noticed his sports stuff, his GMS stuff was quite thoughtful though.

SlickShoes
21-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Has he been dropped from the BBC as I havent heard him commentating there for a wee while TV or radio .
As a dyed in the wool jambo with an anti Hibs agenda I hope this is the case .

Aye i hope all jambos lose there jobs, **** that they are.....

hibsboy90
21-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Hope not, nothing better than hearing him scream... DERRRRRRRRRRREKKK RRRRRRRRRRRIIIOOOOORDAN.

The way he seems to roll his Rs.

Jonnyboy
21-08-2010, 11:17 PM
As a friend of Paul I'm sorry to hear this if true. Jambo yes but eejit no :agree:

PC Stamp
21-08-2010, 11:32 PM
As a friend of Paul I'm sorry to hear this if true. Jambo yes but eejit no :agree:

Agree 100% John. Although a Jambo, Paul is a decent lad with little hint of being anti Hibs. Maybe the OP was confusing him with Alan Preston?

RickyS
21-08-2010, 11:37 PM

I actually live near him, spoke to him a couple of times and he seems a decent fella. he has noticed I only let on when theres a chance to laugh at the Yams:greengrin
I read in a paper a few weeks a go that he had been bumped down the ladder at the BBC to make space for Rob McLean. so he no longer does the TV side of things but he still does the commentary on the edinburgh games for the radio.

(((Fergus)))
22-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Thought I heard him commentating on the first hearts game of the season. doubt they'd drop him - he's the best they have.

Gregor
22-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Sound bloke despite his yamity calamity. Shared the commentary box with him in the old West stand when I was doing the odd live text commentary. You'd hear him chuntering away to his producer or you'd swap comments on the game and suddenly he'd launch into a wee ten second burst with gusto as he was patched through to live radio.

Did a few games for MoTD too. Hope he gets a regular slot there.

ArabHibee
22-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Agree 100% John. Although a Jambo, Paul is a decent lad with little hint of being anti Hibs. Maybe the OP was confusing him with Alan Preston?

My first thought as well. Preston is a total jambo fud who the BBC seem to delight in letting him commentate on Hibs games for them.

GraniteCityHibs
22-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Hope not, nothing better than hearing him scream... DERRRRRRRRRRREKKK RRRRRRRRRRRIIIOOOOORDAN.

The way he seems to roll his Rs.

Looks like they rolled his Rs right out of the BBC! :greengrin

Golden Bear
22-08-2010, 09:39 AM
I always thought that Paul Mitchell provided a fairly balanced view and is/was one of the better commentators.

PC Stamp
22-08-2010, 02:09 PM

Although he's worked with the BBC, I believe Paul has actually been a freelance for a few years now. May have other fish to fry.

Hibby Kay-Yay
22-08-2010, 02:15 PM

interesting avatar :cool2: