PDA

View Full Version : Behind The Goals Tomorrow

Emerald
21-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned anywhere esle but.....

From the official site:

"Due to the early kick-off (Hibernian v's Rangers, Sunday 22 August, kick-off 12.15pm), supporters can enjoy the post-match atmosphere of the supporters' bar. Open from 2pm till 4pm (last orders 3.30pm). Hot food will be available to purchase and a licensed cash bar will be open".

Does this mean 'Behind the Goals' is not open pre kick off AT ALL? :confused:

ArabHibee
21-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned anywhere esle but.....

From the official site:

"Due to the early kick-off (Hibernian v's Rangers, Sunday 22 August, kick-off 12.15pm), supporters can enjoy the post-match atmosphere of the supporters' bar. Open from 2pm till 4pm (last orders 3.30pm). Hot food will be available to purchase and a licensed cash bar will be open".

Does this mean 'Behind the Goals' is not open pre kick off AT ALL? :confused:

I think the words "post-match" should give you all the information you need.

Emerald
21-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I think the words "post-match" should give you all the information you need.
Thats what it says, no doubt, but if this is the case it would be the first time. Normally they open for soft drinks and bacon rolls etc. I can't believe they won't be opening before it and was looking for confirmation!!!!

Hibercelona
21-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Thats what it says, no doubt, but if this is the case it would be the first time. Normally they open for soft drinks and bacon rolls etc. I can't believe they won't be opening before it and was looking for confirmation!!!!

It's open before the match as well.

ArabHibee
21-08-2010, 07:05 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist! :greengrin

I'm pretty sure that BTG has only been open on a Sunday before a game with a later kick-off, 2pm me thinks? They opened about 11ish with the soft drinks and bacon rolls but obviously started selling alcohol from the time they were allowed.

With a 12.15pm kick off, then no bevvy of any sort will be getting sold, so they probably think not worth the bother of opening. Shame really.

ArabHibee
21-08-2010, 07:06 PM

No it's not.

Emerald
21-08-2010, 07:07 PM
I would have been surprised if they didnt open before KO tomorrow but reading the official site is very misleading. They should have opening times etc on the website, do you/anyone know when its opening??

Thanks

Hibercelona
21-08-2010, 07:10 PM
No it's not.

You sure?

Others are saying it will be open at 11 tomorrow.

ArabHibee
21-08-2010, 07:12 PM
You sure?

Others are saying it will be open at 11 tomorrow.

What others? :confused:

Darth Hibbie
21-08-2010, 07:13 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100820/behind-the-goals_2262950_2129579

I would say that is pretty clear :wink:

marinello59
21-08-2010, 07:14 PM
It quite clearly states it is not open pre-match HERE. (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100820/behind-the-goals_2262950_2129579)

Emerald
21-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Sorry, couldn't resist! :greengrin

I'm pretty sure that BTG has only been open on a Sunday before a game with a later kick-off, 2pm me thinks? They opened about 11ish with the soft drinks and bacon rolls but obviously started selling alcohol from the time they were allowed.

With a 12.15pm kick off, then no bevvy of any sort will be getting sold, so they probably think not worth the bother of opening. Shame really.

You maybe right but they probably would make more money from soft drinks, a huge mark up. If this is the case then I think there will be hundreds of folk wandering around outside for a couple of hours before the game. I'm sure most folk will just assume its open before the game as it is for every weekend or midweek game. :boo hoo:

Emerald
21-08-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm still not convinced that it wont be open. The way this game has been premoted is a disater. I think the crowd will bw poor and if the east is not full, I will be hugely embarrased. I'm Row S somewhere, with Hibs tatooed to my foregead if anyone wants to stand in front of me with a vuvfnzila, they will be told!!!

Emerald
21-08-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm still not convinced that it wont be open. The way this game has been premoted is a disater. I think the crowd will bw poor and if the east is not full, I will be hugely embarrased. I'm Row S somewhere, with Hibs tatooed to my foregead if anyone wants to stand in front of me with a vuvfnzila, they will be told!!!
Well maybe not

Riordans Boots
21-08-2010, 11:32 PM

Does this convince you - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100820/behind-the-goals_2262950_2129579

Emerald
21-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Does this convince you - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100820/behind-the-goals_2262950_2129579
Yessss but thats the quote I posted originly. All joking apart, I honestly think that loads will turn up at 11 ish thinking they can meet up in BTGs and be dissapointed.

ArabHibee
22-08-2010, 08:37 AM

I phoned Hibs during the week and was categorically told that BTG WOULD NOT BE OPEN before the Rangers match.

Not sure why you think the way the game has been promoted is a disaster. :confused: It clearly states on the website that it's open 'post-match'. I think this is actually the first time that the website has ever stated BTG opening times, but I may be wrong.