PDA

View Full Version : stuffed up match day routine

down-the-slope
21-08-2010, 08:11 AM
:grr: its now that i'm really ticked off with ther match being Sunday and not today.

Normal routine stuffed up

Friday home from work its the week end :cool2:nice meal and finding out how the kids day at school has been.... few lubrications and a combination of TV / talking guff on .net / playing online scrabble..bed at midnight..wake up 15 mins later with ere****n like a scaffold pole...service Mrs S...conk out asleep....7am early morning match day excitement :greengrin....get up and breakfast with the kids...do a bit of house work...talk guff on .net / watch TV....bit of work admin...out for shopping / drive / something kids want to do (delete as appropriate)....1pm head into city for match with which ever childs turn it is (other does something with Mrs S)...park and head to Greggs to get match supplies (note. Petrie get the ER catering sorted:grr:) and then its ER to see the famous Hibees.....proper job

But no the match is 12.15pm on a SUNDAY :boo hoo:

I minded less years ago when SKY was paying well for the privelage of turding about with fixture times and dates (I even quite liked the 5 pm ish Sat kick offs they did)...but now we get tossed paupers scraps by what ever TV co will pay anything... while having to put up with hardly ever playing at ER at 3 pm on a Saturday...while we are doing pretty well at keeping / increasing crowds...others are struggling as this situation puts off people buying ST's when they don't know whether they will even be able to get to match...what other product do you purchase in advance and yet have not control over when you receive the product / service regardless of whether its inconvienient to you :rolleyes:....

so here we are left with another incomplete saturday and a sunday messed up too...i just hope that the club can represent our the fans views on this when SPL reconstuction is being discussed......

Beefster
21-08-2010, 08:16 AM
:grr: its now that i'm really ticked off with ther match being Sunday and not today.

Friday home from work its the week end :cool2:nice meal and finding out how the kids day at school has been.... few lubrications and a combination of TV / talking guff on .net / playing online scrabble..bed at midnight..wake up 15 mins later with ere****n like a scaffold pole...service Mrs S...conk out asleep....7am early morning match day excitement :greengrin....get up and breakfast with the kids...do a bit of house work...talk guff on .net / watch TV....bit of work admin...out for shopping / drive / something kids want to do (delete as appropriate)....1pm head into city for match with which ever childs turn it is (other does something with Mrs S)...park and head to Greggs to get match supplies (note. Petrie get the ER catering sorted:grr:) and then its ER to see the famous Hibees.....proper job

I minded less years ago when SKY was paying well for the privelage of turding about with fixture times and dates (I even quite liked the 5 pm ish Sat kick offs they did)...but now we get tossed paupers scraps by what ever TV co will pay anything... while having to put up with hardly ever playing at ER at 3 pm on a Saturday...while we are doing pretty well at keeping / increasing crowds...others are struggling as this situation puts off people buying ST's when they don't know whether they will even be able to get to match...what other product do you purchase in advance and yet have not control over when you receive the product / service regardless of whether its inconvienient to you :rolleyes:....

so here we are left with another incomplete saturday and a sunday messed up too...i just hope that the club can represent our the fans views on this when SPL reconstuction is being discussed......

While I understand the frustration at changing kick-off times, things won't change for the foreseeable future - even after SPL reconstruction. The TV money is too important for a lot of clubs.

Spike Mandela
21-08-2010, 09:28 AM
4 games in to the season before getting a home 3pm KO on a Saturday. That's just rubbish IMO.

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2010, 09:41 AM

Is it just me or is this the best ever post on Hibs.net for about fifty different reasons?

sleeping giant
21-08-2010, 09:50 AM

That Jill gets about eh ?:greengrin

TariqE
21-08-2010, 09:56 AM
I prefer Sunday matches (although 2pm is far better than 12:15pm)- 'normal' Saturday 3pm games are a bit more trouble for me and mess with my 'routine' more than Sunday games.

What's not ideal for one may be better for another.

Jones28
21-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Always have steak, eggs and a few tins for breakfast on an early kick off/away day :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2010, 10:07 AM
I prefer Sunday matches (although 2pm is far better than 12:15pm)- 'normal' Saturday 3pm games are a bit more trouble for me and mess with my 'routine' more than Sunday games.

What's not ideal for one may be better for another.

:agree: Sundays for me are better too. I don't like Sundays, tell me why you ask? :wink: They are a bit of a nothing day for me, apart from the live football on the telly, its just a very lazy day with nothing going on. I love getting up early and traveling up the road with the lads, and the Saturdays results always give us something to talk about most of the way up the road.

I understand why it would be better for most if we could have 3pm on a Saturday every week, but for me Sunday is ok.

down-the-slope
21-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Is it just me or is this the best ever post on Hibs.net for about fifty different reasons?

Just you Bob by the look of it :greengrin

(((Fergus)))
21-08-2010, 06:41 PM
What about the delivery of YOUR services?

Timing seems a bit haphazard too. :greengrin

down-the-slope
21-08-2010, 09:31 PM
What about the delivery of YOUR services?

Timing seems a bit haphazard too. :greengrin

:agree: that would just about describe it :boo hoo:

IWasThere2016
21-08-2010, 09:35 PM

Aye - it is a belter! :agree:

That Jill gets about eh ?:greengrin

As is :offski:

SG - I cannae decide who'll she's gonna kill first .. me or thee :greengrin

down-the-slope
21-08-2010, 09:57 PM
I now have additional issues....as today is not Friday it means that greggs will not be open tomorrow and so alternative unsatisfactory arrangements will have to be made :grr:.... but also I have had the prescribed Friday lubrications...which may mean there is a danger of Mrs S being serviced twice in the same fortnight :shocked:i am unable to confirm the potential fall out from this.....but hold the SPL wholly responsible for the consequences :rolleyes:

Hibbyhoff
21-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Greggs in Easter Road is usually open on a Sunday if there's a game on. Pretty poor consolation for having to sneak round to a friend's house for a few cans instead of being "allowed" to go for a responsible drink. To be honest, we'd be as well playing the game at 9 in the morning.....

sleeping giant
21-08-2010, 10:36 PM
I had to go to the ticket office today to get my ST cards replaced:greengrin

All last season , my ST cards (mine and the boy) had the gum ,that sticks your card to the letter when its delivered, smeared over both cards.
I can only guess how this happened and my guess is that i had them in my pocket face to face and the gum melted:greengrin
Anyway , they got all hairy and fluffy and were quite embarrassing actaully so i decided to clean them. Hot water and soap just smeared the gummy stuff further so i used nail polish remover:hilarious
Wiped the bar code right off:greengrin

I had to explain all this over the phone to the lassie in the ticket office. She found it quite amusing :greengrin

Still , replaced them for nowt:thumbsup:

True story that:agree:

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-08-2010, 10:39 PM
I was hoping to drive into the game tomorrow, but having drunk 2/3 a bottle of vodka tonight looks like with the early ko, I'll have to get the bus in. :grr:

NaeTechnoHibby
21-08-2010, 10:44 PM
I was hoping to drive into the game tomorrow, but having drunk 2/3 a bottle of vodka tonight looks like with the early ko, I'll have to get the bus in. :grr:

Surprised yer no deid :top marks

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Surprised yer no deid :top marks

Still very much alive, but having to watch everytime I type something in to make sure it makes sense. :greengrin

NaeTechnoHibby
21-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Still very much alive, but having to watch everytime I type something in to make sure it makes sense. :greengrin

Iinnndeeeeddeeee :thumbsup:

Riordans Boots
21-08-2010, 10:57 PM

Nowt beats a self service bar eh :thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Iinnndeeeeddeeee :thumbsup:

Looks like it's gonna be a No.37 from Loanheid into toon before hand and a celebrationally pint in the Four and Hand after the game. :thumbsup: