PDA

View Full Version : Bigging up Hartley on the TV

Hibercelona
20-08-2010, 10:15 PM
I really don't get all this bigging up of Hartley on the TV. :confused:

He scored 3 penalties, so what? :yawn:

There's no doubt he still has some talent left in him, but he's well past playing for Scotland IMO.

I don't think he'll add anything to the national team.

On a positive note however, he couldn't take anything away. :boo hoo:

stokesmessiah
20-08-2010, 10:28 PM

There's no doubt he still has some talent left in him, but he's well past playing for Scotland IMO.

I live and work in Aberdeen and i have to share some of the things my Dons supporting colleague has said to me this week.

1. Why is their Giraffes??? Paul Hartley punched a horse.
2. When you search for Paul Hartley on Google, you get a message back saying you dont search for Paul Hartley, Paul Hartley searches for you.
3. And this is thee most important one......We have not had a cult hero since Dean Windass.

In addition to this he also emailed me a picture of jesus with the face replaced with Hartley's.

Is it just me or does this just show how desperately bad Aberdeens season was last time out?? Or is just how much of a nobber my colleague is?

lyonhibs
20-08-2010, 10:30 PM
with Thomson crocked and Brown stagnating at Septic, Hartley and Fletcher are - sickeningly - probably Scotlands least awful CM partnership

bigstu
20-08-2010, 10:34 PM
speaking to my mate at aberdeen football club hartley has apparently been a top guy on & off the field for them so far. He has everyone from the office girls to the chairman loving him due to the way he conducts himself. he's one of my most hated players but they all think he's exactly what the need, a leader on & off the park, a model pro, brings experience to the team & has a real desire to win every game!

I still hate him though....

Pete
20-08-2010, 10:43 PM
We have short memories...and are sounding slightly bitter!

Lets be real!

He found himself at Hearts and was the heartbeat of that team. Nowadays he doesn't have as much pace but I bet he still has a lot to offer for Aberdeen and the national team.

I'd like to see him play just in front of the back four for scotland as the anchor for the midfield and let the other boys run around him as he can pick a pass. He isn't box-to-box anymore but isn't past it by any means and can still do a defensive shift and put a tackle in so he would be perfect there.

KiddA
21-08-2010, 02:38 AM

Its funny Hartley has one good game for the Dandyless Dons and Levein is already talking about a call up. Riordan probably the best finisher in the league gets told to work harder. Jobs for the boys again with Potter the sooner he is out the Scotland post the better :agree:

Scotland have honestly hit a new low appointing Levein and that idiot Kenny Black

whiskyhibby
21-08-2010, 07:23 AM
I predict that come the turn of the year the sheep fans will be on his back, like the rest of the team.....,

Wilson
21-08-2010, 07:53 AM
I predict that come the turn of the year the sheep fans will be on his back, like the rest of the team.....,

I predict he will get the sheep ****gers' vote as their player of the season.

Dunbar Hibee
21-08-2010, 11:34 AM
with Thomson crocked and Brown stagnating at Septic, Hartley and Fletcher are - sickeningly - probably Scotlands least awful CM partnership

Whats wrong with Fletcher:confused:

Hibercelona
21-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Whats wrong with Fletcher:confused:

He's decent in a Utd strip, but in a Scotland strip he's useless.

Probably not his fault though. He has far too much gash playing around him, so nothing he tries ever comes off.

Wembley67
21-08-2010, 11:57 AM
I live and work in Aberdeen and i have to share some of the things my Dons supporting colleague has said to me this week.

1. Why is their Giraffes??? Paul Hartley punched a horse.
2. When you search for Paul Hartley on Google, you get a message back saying you dont search for Paul Hartley, Paul Hartley searches for you.
3. And this is thee most important one......We have not had a cult hero since Dean Windass.

In addition to this he also emailed me a picture of jesus with the face replaced with Hartley's.

Is it just me or does this just show how desperately bad Aberdeens season was last time out?? Or is just how much of a nobber my colleague is?

And if a player had done for us what Hartley did then we wouldn't be whacking each other off?

Hibercelona
21-08-2010, 12:01 PM
And if a player had done for us what Hartley did then we wouldn't be whacking each other off?

What has he done? :confused:

He's played 1 game for Aberdeen and scored 3 goals from the spot.

Hardly a massive feat.

Aldo
21-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Would walk into our team IMHO. Guys is still quality and for me brings the best out in others. Shame we couldnt of signed him cos I think he could of been that wee bit extra quality and experience we needed to take the team forward.

stokesmessiah
21-08-2010, 12:30 PM
What has he done? :confused:

He's played 1 game for Aberdeen and scored 3 goals from the spot.

Hardly a massive feat.

My point exactly it was one game and one game only.....i would be happy but certainly not "whacking" myself off or calling him a bloody cult hero !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bitchy: