20-08-2010, 06:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8933064.stm

sorry if already posted

--------
20-08-2010, 06:59 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8933064.stm

sorry if already posted

"Gave the team a lift" against Maribor?

Get a grip, Yogi. They need to play a lot better than that on Sunday. :rolleyes:

7Hero
20-08-2010, 07:15 PM
another yogi cracker, makes you wonder if he engages brain prior to opening mouth..

marinello59
20-08-2010, 07:22 PM
What has he said wrong?:confused: It must give the players a boost knowing that they will be playing in a pretty decent stadium this season. I can only imagine that running out of the tunnel and seeing the new stand there would somehow inspire. (Ok , the Maribor game didn't pan out well but the new stand would still be a positive.)

lyonhibs
20-08-2010, 07:24 PM
due to mobile i/net issues i cnt evn see the interview, but I dont need to. 'Yogi, get a grip' is a polite summary of my reaction to every single Yogi interview in 2010. When it comes to giving reasonable and realistic interviews, I seriously question how much brain Yogi has to engage in the 1st place.

flash
20-08-2010, 07:31 PM
I would rather listen to Yogi talking up Hibs than some of you jokers doing the opposite.

7Hero
20-08-2010, 07:37 PM
I would rather listen to Yogi talking up Hibs than some of you jokers doing the opposite.

he didnt talk us up, he made an erse of it..

IWasThere2016
20-08-2010, 07:37 PM
"Gave the team a lift" against Maribor?

Get a grip, Yogi. They need to play a lot better than that on Sunday. :rolleyes:

Was a kinda daft thing to say ..

It should've been a forward looking and positive statement like "It will give the players a lift on Sunday" ..

But is it worth the ridicule?

Riordans Boots
20-08-2010, 07:40 PM

:top marks

The East stand and the whole ground looks spectacular :top marks

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrring oan they Currant Buns Sunday :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
20-08-2010, 07:42 PM
TBH whilst the Maribor comments were a bit silly, in general he tried to talk up the club and how far we've come.

I'm not a huge fan of Yogi but some folk just seem desperate to have a pop at any opportunity.

Dalianwanda
20-08-2010, 07:54 PM
TBH whilst the Maribor comments were a bit silly, in general he tried to talk up the club and how far we've come.

I'm not a huge fan of Yogi but some folk just seem desperate to have a pop at any opportunity.

:agree: Have to say the stadium is looking great, cant wait to get over to experience it

HibsMax
20-08-2010, 07:56 PM
What's wrong with him saying that it gave the players a lift? The final result is not even important, if the players found that playing in front of a new stand gave them a lift then all Yogi is actually doing is passing on their sentiments.

houston1875
20-08-2010, 08:13 PM

agree!! :top marks

col02
20-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Every single word that Hughes comes out with now is scrutinised and then criticised on here where there is really no need! It has sadly been like this ever since Mowbray left Hibs and he was one of the biggest bull****ters going but appeared to have many under his spell!

Some folk need to give Hughes a break and let him and the players breathe maybe then we might see results similiar to the start of last season rather than the stifled results from the turn of the year onwards. I firmly believe it is our support that contributes to a lot of our ill fortune at times as Hibs cannot be a good club to be at when the chips are down given the nature of a very vocal minority.

Riordans Boots
20-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Every single word that Hughes comes out with now is scrutinised and then criticised on here where there is really no need! It has sadly been like this ever since Mowbray left Hibs and he was one of the biggest bull****ters going but appeared to have many under his spell!

Some folk need to give Hughes a break and let him and the players breathe maybe then we might see results similiar to the start of last season rather than the stifled results from the turn of the year onwards. I firmly believe it is our support that contributes to a lot of our ill fortune at times as Hibs cannot be a good club to be at when the chips are down given the nature of a very vocal minority.

:thumbsup::top marks:agree:

Aubenas
20-08-2010, 08:19 PM
:thumbsup::top marks:agree:

:top marks:thumbsup::agree:

Judas Iscariot
20-08-2010, 08:20 PM

:agree:

Would folk be happier if we had a slavering gimp like Shabby Lieslow or that fat glaickit looking fanny FJK who's got a coopon like he's lickin pish oaf a jaggy nettle?!?

Well?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-08-2010, 08:23 PM
What has he said wrong?:confused: It must give the players a boost knowing that they will be playing in a pretty decent stadium this season. I can only imagine that running out of the tunnel and seeing the new stand there would somehow inspire. (Ok , the Maribor game didn't pan out well but the new stand would still be a positive.)

Get my tickle at the constant criticism of Yogis interviews, Oscar Wilde in a Hibs scarf would still get slated on here :greengrin

sleeping giant
20-08-2010, 08:29 PM

Oh yes:thumbsup:

Riordans Boots
20-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Oh yes:thumbsup:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh Yes :thumbsup:

blairwallace
20-08-2010, 08:44 PM
as Brian McLauchlin said...

what they want to see now, is a successful team on the pitch.

and i couldn't agree more!
if we want to sign a decent player (not saying its the only attribute in a decision) but surely if they know we have a fully modern stadium, top training facilities and close to no debt it could all lead up to better players equalling hopefully a more successful team?

Tricla
20-08-2010, 08:48 PM

It should've been a forward looking and positive statement like "It will give the players a lift on Sunday" ..

Exactly.

Admittedly he's no scholar but the needless abuse he gets on here is unfathomable at times.

Some people can't wait to pick up on any misplaced sentence or word used out of context.

I dearly hope he makes us consistent and gives us some success so as to ram it back down some of these idiots throats.

Mon Yogi son.

Broken Gnome
20-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Did we not start quite well against Maribor? High tempo first ten minutes when everyone was up for it? So he's right in a way? Ergo, get off his back for nonsense and nothing reasons, and let him get in and about Rangers. Cheers.

Tricla
20-08-2010, 08:52 PM

Well said.

I've been at grounds where the home team has been down at half time but have walked off to the sound of their support cheering them and clapping them.

I've never seen this in 20 years of going to ER.

Maybe we should give it a try. :dunno:

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-08-2010, 09:00 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh Yes :thumbsup:

chick....chickity kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Winston Ingram
20-08-2010, 09:15 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8933064.stm?

jdships
20-08-2010, 09:17 PM

:thumbsup: agree totally.
My lads tell me the team spoke about it after the Maribor game that it was "different class" to come out into the the new stadium.
OK they didn't do the business but I don't see anything wrong in what "yogi" said .
Seems everything he says is picked to bits :yawn:

:rolleyes:

jgl07
20-08-2010, 09:22 PM
We don't need Yam infiltrators on this board. There are enough 'supporters' to put a negative spin on the most positive of stories.

Hibbyradge
20-08-2010, 09:24 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong in what Yogi said.

The players got a lift from seeing the new stand and anticipating what it will be like to play in front of it every second week.

Everyone on here who has been following the pictures of it being built have been getting "lifts" as they have watched its progression.

Why not the players?

MGmick
20-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Ok,Yogi didn'y communicate too succesfully and, truth be told, I prefer the (my) old Easter Road. But, this is now and the new stands fine and our manager is a bit illiterate. Apart from those, our only problem is having a pish team who can't win a pish cup or a pishier league

woodythehibee
20-08-2010, 10:21 PM
anybody know if the P.A system has been upgraded in the stadium?

mim
20-08-2010, 10:42 PM
anybody know if the P.A system has been upgraded in the stadium?

I couldn't understand a word from the South Stand at the Maribor game. :confused:

ekhibee
20-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Agree with the comments about Rangers but find it hard to believe a new stand had any effect on that team against Maribor at all. I've been a season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember, and it gives me the right to criticise any comments that I don't agree with about the club that I support, and at the same time other people might have a contrary view to mine, which I totally respect. I don't personally abuse anybody, but totally disagree with a certain part of what Hughes was saying there. That doesn't make him a bad person, but it doesn't make me one either, just because I might have a different opinion to other people.

California-Hibs
20-08-2010, 11:05 PM

:agree::top marks

hibbiedon
20-08-2010, 11:26 PM

10/10 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Greentinted
20-08-2010, 11:40 PM

Get my tickle at the constant criticism of Yogis interviews, Oscar Wilde in a Hibs scarf would still get slated on here :greengrin

I can just hear the words "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying" reverberating round the home dressing room, in a deep Leith baritone followed by "Now let's go and give it a right good go!" :greengrin

(((Fergus)))
21-08-2010, 12:42 AM

I thought Hibs really came out fighting at the start of the first half...right up until they scored.

Wilson
21-08-2010, 08:12 AM
There is absolutely nothing wrong in what Yogi said.

The players got a lift from seeing the new stand and anticipating what it will be like to play in front of it every second week.

Everyone on here who has been following the pictures of it being built have been getting "lifts" as they have watched its progression.

Why not the players?

He could have easily have just said that the players would get a lift from the new stand and stayed away from referencing the Maribor debacle altogether.

You would think Yogi might want to distance himself from that and concentrate on going forward. As some say he is not quick enough to engage his brain.

Anyway sod the stand. If the players can't get lifted by the idea of sending these dirty hun *******s home empty handed then god help us.

Phil D. Rolls
21-08-2010, 08:31 AM

I can't think of anything worse than getting slated on here. Other than not getting slated on here. :greengrin

Exactly.

Admittedly he's no scholar but the needless abuse he gets on here is unfathomable at times.

Some people can't wait to pick up on any misplaced sentence or word used out of context.

I dearly hope he makes us consistent and gives us some success so as to ram it back down some of these idiots throats.

Mon Yogi son.

You don't have to wait long when it comes to Yogi talking mince. My worry is that if he is that poor a communicator, then how does he get his message through to the players?

We don't need Yam infiltrators on this board. There are enough 'supporters' to put a negative spin on the most positive of stories.

WTF????:confused:

Baker9
21-08-2010, 10:39 AM

Little or no mention of Scott Lindsay's comments. He refers to 'opportunities in a recession' in relation to the stand building. Did we get it built for half the price?

Ed De Gramo
21-08-2010, 10:41 AM
due to mobile i/net issues i cnt evn see the interview, but I dont need to. 'Yogi, get a grip' is a polite summary of my reaction to every single Yogi interview in 2010. When it comes to giving reasonable and realistic interviews, I seriously question how much brain Yogi has to engage in the 1st place.

see below :bye:

Too many 'football manager' users on here at times

steviecarnie
21-08-2010, 10:47 AM
excuse my ignorance but what the caledonian sponsor on the board behind him?

Bob1875
21-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Wow. cant belive Yogi is getting slated for saying that the new stand gave the players a lift against Maribor. Your the kind that need to stay away from the ground, just waiting to slate our manager no matter what he does. Really cant believe there are some wanting to have a pop at him for that.

ekhibee
21-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Wow. cant belive Yogi is getting slated for saying that the new stand gave the players a lift against Maribor. Your the kind that need to stay away from the ground, just waiting to slate our manager no matter what he does. Really cant believe there are some wanting to have a pop at him for that.
And I can't believe how you seem to think it DID give the players a lift against Maribor. I for one was NOT waiting to have a pop at Hughes, I just disagreed with that particular statement. And I certainly won't be staying away from the ground just because I disagree with your point of view.

BEEJ
21-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Little or no mention of Scott Lindsay's comments. He refers to 'opportunities in a recession' in relation to the stand building. Did we get it built for half the price?
We got a new stand for a lot less than it would have cost a few years ago at the height of the construction industry cycle when raw material prices were sky high.

Once the economy picks up again, construction prices will inevitably rise too. So certainly 'opportunistic' in so far as the club had the financial wherewithal to invest when across the country capital projects were being scaled back or postponed indefinitely.

Makalambay
21-08-2010, 03:58 PM

Its unbelievable and embarrassing.

marinello59
21-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Its unbelievable and embarrassing.

What clip were you watching?:confused:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-08-2010, 05:03 PM

I got the impression Makalambay was supporting Bob1875s comments suggesting that those who slated Yogi for his comments should have a word with themselves :dunno:

marinello59
21-08-2010, 05:10 PM

Ah, got you.

matty_f
21-08-2010, 05:14 PM
What's wrong with him saying that it gave the players a lift? The final result is not even important, if the players found that playing in front of a new stand gave them a lift then all Yogi is actually doing is passing on their sentiments.

Exactly.:agree:

IMHO the players played well against Maribor, but were beaten by a better team. I think Yogi's assertion that the players got a lift is perfectly reasonable.

Bob1875
21-08-2010, 05:16 PM
I must have been at the wrong game but my memories of the Maribor game where that the players were up for it and they started the game well?? So it did give the players a lift. However it fizzled out and Maribor were too good for us. Yogi isnt far off the mark yet he gets slated again. Its beginning to set a trend at the club with regards to fans moaning about every little thing. This thread should be about being up for the Huns game and excited about the new stand yet there are people shooting Yogi down again. He can do no right.

Wilson
21-08-2010, 05:54 PM
I must have been at the wrong game but my memories of the Maribor game where that the players were up for it and they started the game well?? So it did give the players a lift. However it fizzled out and Maribor were too good for us. Yogi isnt far off the mark yet he gets slated again. Its beginning to set a trend at the club with regards to fans moaning about every little thing. This thread should be about being up for the Huns game and excited about the new stand yet there are people shooting Yogi down again. He can do no right.

I think we're all in quite good humour this week after the result against Motherwell. Yogi has been getting praise all week for his substitutions against Motherwell. So much for doing no right. I don't think fans are moaning at every little thing but if Yogi talks abject pish he is going to get called on it. He is not beyond criticism despite how sensitive some on here are.

Bob1875
21-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I think we're all in quite good humour this week after the result against Motherwell. Yogi has been getting praise all week for his substitutions against Motherwell. So much for doing no right. I don't think fans are moaning at every little thing but if Yogi talks abject pish he is going to get called on it. He is not beyond criticism despite how sensitive some on here are.

Which part of the interview did he talk pish?

marinello59
21-08-2010, 06:02 PM
excuse my ignorance but what the caledonian sponsor on the board behind him?

Caledonian Heating and Plumbing? The shorts sponsor.

No.4
21-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Which part of the interview did he talk pish?

Only problem I can see with the clip is the jumpers for goal posts quote... He needs to stop reeling off the cheesy one liners and add some substance to his words IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Only problem I can see with the clip is the jumpers for goal posts quote... He needs to stop reeling off the cheesy one liners and add some substance to his words IMHO.

So he's not allowed to give any more one liners, and give more substance. That will do for starters. What other rules should he abide by?

Bob1875
21-08-2010, 07:51 PM

Are you at the wind up? All managers come out with cheesy one liners!

It was a game of 2 halves etc etc.

The best managers in the game have undoubtedly came out with "cheesy one liners"

No.4
21-08-2010, 07:54 PM
So he's not allowed to give any more one liners, and give more substance. That will do for starters. What other rules should he abide by?

Yeah, that's right, that's exactly what I said...:yawn:

I think if you compare yogi's post match interviews and press confrences with other managers it is glaringly obvious he is not good at speaking to the press. Nearly every other thing he says is a cliche'd one liner and he never actually gives a thoughtfull inciting interview.

In saying that, I don't think the OP's link particularly deserves critism, which was the point of my previous post.

No.4
21-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Are you at the wind up? All managers come out with cheesy one liners!

It was a game of 2 halves etc etc.

The best managers in the game have undoubtedly came out with "cheesy one liners"

Yeah but in every interview? I'm sorry, I would rather hear the manager talk like craig brown after a match for example rather than listen to "Ah cannae ask for any mare fae the boys" "I'm looking for hearts on sleeves" etc etc. It's alright every now and again but it's a bit repetative.

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Yeah, that's right, that's exactly what I said...:yawn:

I think if you compare yogi's post match interviews and press confrences with other managers it is glaringly obvious he is not good at speaking to the press. Nearly every other thing he says is a cliche'd one liner and he never actually gives a thoughtfull inciting interview.

In saying that, I don't think the OP's link particularly deserves critism, which was the point of my previous post.

I listen or watch most managers, they all give the same answers. If you want substance, go see a play.

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah but in every interview? I'm sorry, I would rather hear the manager talk like craig brown after a match for example rather than listen to "Ah cannae ask for any mare fae the boys" "I'm looking for hearts on sleeves" etc etc. It's alright every now and again but it's a bit repetative.

Getting pumped regularly is a bit repetitive, ask paw broon.

No.4
21-08-2010, 08:03 PM
I listen or watch most managers, they all give the same answers. If you want substance, go see a play.

Great post. I think that just about sums up most of what I've read from you..

Bob1875
21-08-2010, 08:04 PM

Thats fair enough, but you could scrutinize 90% of football manager for the pish they spout. But here we have a man that genuinely cares for our club and he wants the best for Hibs, yet some fans should take the piss clean out him. We should be proud we have a manager that speaks so passionately about Hibs, but no we rip into him as usual.

No.4
21-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Getting pumped regularly is a bit repetitive, ask paw broon.

Eh, what's that got to do with anything? And why would I ask paw broon anything given our record over the last 20 games?

Keep em coming eh

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Great post. I think that just about sums up most of what I've read from you..

Thank you, can you give me a little more substance, these one liners are a little cheesy.

No.4
21-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Thats fair enough, but you could scrutinize 90% of football manager for the pish they spout. But here we have a man that genuinely cares for our club and he wants the best for Hibs, yet some fans should take the piss clean out him. We should be proud we have a manager that speaks to passionately about Hibs, but no we rip into him as usual.

Listen mate I totally agree and I've got nothing against him! I want him to succeed in the job and get us back playing good football. However, I just don't enjoy his press interviews. Is that a crime?

People like Blackpool Hibs who say if you want substance go see a play... it's pathetic really.

No.4
21-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Thank you, can you give me a little more substance, these one liners are a little cheesy.

I could give you a little more substance, but you prefer the cheesy one liners. I believe they are more to your intellect level. If you require evidence of this, just read your previous posts.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-08-2010, 08:16 PM

Martin O'Neill comes out wi some right pish. And he's clever, he's like a barrister, or a judge or something.

No.4
21-08-2010, 08:16 PM

A little more substance for you: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?186571-Zouma&p=2509234&highlight=#post2509234

:bye:

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2010, 08:21 PM
A little more substance for you: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?186571-Zouma&p=2509234&highlight=#post2509234

:faf: And i stand by every word. Look here's one of those funny smileys. :bye:

No.4
21-08-2010, 08:26 PM
:faf: And i stand by every word. Look here's one of those funny smileys. :bye:

I'm sure you do which highlights my point perfectly.

MSK
21-08-2010, 08:27 PM

:faf: And i stand by every word. Look here's one of those funny smileys. :bye:You two want to take this wee tiff to pm or somewhere else ,,youre spoiling the thread ...:yawn:

bawheid
21-08-2010, 08:30 PM
You two want to take this wee tiff to pm or somewhere else ,,youre spoiling the thread ...:yawn:

Booooo. I've just settled down with a beer and was enjoying that. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Booooo. I've just settled down with a beer and was enjoying that. :greengrin

I'm just on my way out for a few. :greengrin