PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Bridges

ShanksSaidNo
20-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Was at Kevin Bridges on Sunday night.

He was about 10 minutes into his routine when he started engaging with the audience. His next topic was about growing up so he picked on a lad in the front row.

KB "whats your name son?"
"Dave" came the reply
Bridges quickly picked up on his uninterested tone and repeated his name back at him in a stupid voice
KB "where you from Dave?"
"Perth"
KB "Are you here studying or what?"
"No"
KB "well what you doin in Edinburgh then?"
"em..... i play football"
KB "Who for?"
"Hibs"
By this time equal amounts of boo's and cheers break out.
KB "Whats yer name like"
"Wotherspoon"

It was priceless - Bridges didnt really know where to go with it so he asked him how we got on at the weekend - he told him we won 3-2.
Bridges then turned to the audience and asked for a player rating on Spoony's performance to which someone shout "about a 4"

Bridges hit him back sharp as a tack with a brilliant reply.... "A ******in 4? Wotherspoon sh*tes 4's and doubles them"

Is there a point to my story? theres not.

MacBean
20-08-2010, 03:22 PM

He was about 10 minutes into his routine when he started engaging with the audience. His next topic was about growing up so he picked on a lad in the front row.

"Dave" came the reply
Bridges quickly picked up on his uninterested tone and repeated his name back at him in a stupid voice
"Perth"
"No"
KB "Who for?"
"Hibs"
KB "Whats yer name like"
"Wotherspoon"

It was priceless - Bridges didnt really know where to go with it so he asked him how we got on at the weekend - he told him we won 3-2.
Bridges then turned to the audience and asked for a player rating on Spoony's performance to which someone shout "about a 4"

Bridges hit him back sharp as a tack with a brilliant reply.... "A ******in 4? Wotherspoon sh*tes 4's and doubles them"

That's brilliant :top marks

M11BMO
20-08-2010, 03:28 PM

"Dave" came the reply
"Perth"
"No"
KB "Who for?"
"Hibs"
KB "Whats yer name like"
"Wotherspoon"

Going to see him this Sunday. Can't wait...

Kaiser_Sauzee
20-08-2010, 03:31 PM

With the other 10?

Future17
20-08-2010, 03:39 PM

"Dave" came the reply
"Perth"
"No"
KB "Who for?"
"Hibs"
KB "Whats yer name like"
"Wotherspoon"

I don't get it.

Kaiser_Sauzee
20-08-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't get it.

I think I think it means Bridges rates Wotherspoon...

Removed
20-08-2010, 04:09 PM

I'm going tonight :thumbsup:

M11BMO
20-08-2010, 04:11 PM
I don't get it.

Something along the lines off; He's amazing and gets 8's...

gackohibs
20-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm going tonight :).
I'd also recommend Andy Maxwell. He mentioned taking his son to the football and proudly proclaimed his 2 teams were Hibs and Liverpool :).
He was absolutely hysterical. Recommended!!
He's an Irish Guy who's been posted on here before from you tube about a Hibs rangers game

Kevvy1875
20-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Going to see this guy tomorrow night, should good be a good laugh:agree:

Knows the Scots humour very well and being a Weedgie knows how to rip the pish out of his own kind:greengrin

Walter
20-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Did you see the photo of him in the paper the other day with his F&%K The Rangers Scarf? :devil::greengrin

blairwallace
20-08-2010, 04:58 PM
a 4! :grr: clearly a yam or a sandwich munching, game boy playing child! :grr::grr:

Barney McGrew
20-08-2010, 04:59 PM
A friend of mine saw him last night.

Apparently he was OK but not outstanding, and not as funny as his previous material has been.

lapsedhibee
20-08-2010, 05:05 PM
not as funny as his previous material has been.

Now that you've started a ball rolling - which admittedly it's meant to do, judging by its shape - a pile of Hibsnetters will probably go along and boo him.

Chuckie
20-08-2010, 05:16 PM
His funniest one is when he claims to be 23 years old.

ScottB
20-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Haha I had a similar conversation with him when I served him (Wotherspoon) in GAME last Christmas haha

stevenhibs
20-08-2010, 05:33 PM
One of the lads that works for me went to this gig too and told me about it on the Monday. Apparently when people booed he said "don't worry, they're not propper Hearts fans, they just sit at home hating stuff"

Gold if true!

The_Horde
20-08-2010, 11:31 PM
I don't really get the whole Kevin Bridges thing.. find him quite annoying actually, i've met funnier weegies.

Quality story though

ArabHibee
21-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Think it's a bit of a hit or miss with Kevin Bridges, depending on whether he's up for it or no. I bought my tickets for him back in June, and waspretty pissed off when he started adding loads of other shows because a lot of people wanted to see him.

A friend at work went to see him, said he was funny but felt that he started to run out of things to say about 5 minutes before the end of the show.

The time I went, he started off quite badly for the first 5 minutes (I thought) and ended up being very funny. Not as good as Jim Jefferies though. :greengrin