PDA

View Full Version : Climate Camp - RBS Gogarburn

Godsahibby
20-08-2010, 02:34 PM
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/192928-rbs-protester-removed-after-supergluing-herself-to-reception-desk/

What is the point in supergluing yourself o a reception desk, there really is only going to be one loser when you do that. I'm unfortunately off work on Monday so will miss their day of protests but I just hope they come up with something better than that!

I also loved the irony of what I was told this morning, the protesters didnt have any water so had to ask RBS to supply them with it..... we hate what you stand for and how you conduct your business and are planning on causing you lots of bother over the next few days, but seeing as we are now neighbours, can we get some water off you!!

Barney McGrew
20-08-2010, 04:23 PM
What a set of plums :hilarious

The 'Day Of Action' on Monday will no doubt include getting up to no good at the airport, after all it's only across a field from the RBS. Wouldn't surprise me if they try and block some roads like the A8 as well :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
20-08-2010, 04:47 PM
climate change protestors of this ilk are universally stupid, vaguely deranged hippies, but this lot take the biscuit.
Hope any illegal/disruptive activities on Monday r dealt with in as swift and decisive a manner as possible by the police

Gatecrasher
20-08-2010, 04:59 PM
RBS offered to meet them and they refused that just shows to me they are arrogant losers

CropleyWasGod
20-08-2010, 05:42 PM
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/192928-rbs-protester-removed-after-supergluing-herself-to-reception-desk/

I also loved the irony of what I was told this morning, the protesters didnt have any water so had to ask RBS to supply them with it..... we hate what you stand for and how you conduct your business and are planning on causing you lots of bother over the next few days, but seeing as we are now neighbours, can we get some water off you!!

S'not ironic. One of their stated aims is to cost RBS money. Ergo... get RBS to pay for their water.

Hainan Hibs
20-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Bunch of gap year taking, tax dodging twats sponging off mummy and daddy with nothing better to do.

CropleyWasGod
20-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Bunch of gap year taking, tax dodging twats sponging off mummy and daddy with nothing better to do.

If they're taking their gap year, then they're probably not working... hence they're not dodging tax.

And, playing Devil's Advocate, if they have nothing better to do, why not indulge in their democratic right to protest and their undemocratic right to trash some property?

Question.... since Jimmy Reid is in the news.... is there any difference in his union occupying the UCS yards? Private property, in actions not sanctioned by the owners of that property.

:stirrer:

PC Stamp
20-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Bring out the water cannon and dye. :thumbsup:

In fact why not just flood their bloody campsite and give them more water than they ever bargained for!! :wink:

col02
20-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Given that RBS will have loaned or invested money into renewable business interests as well as fossil fuel companies this "protest" sounds incredibly silly! Must be a bonus for them being in Edinburgh at a time when the festival just happens to be on.