PDA

View Full Version : Gifts for Guests in the East on Sunday (Army and Air Force Cadets)

Jack
20-08-2010, 10:23 AM
I’ve been told that Hibs have somehow given a fairly large chunk of tickets to the Army and Air Force Cadets in Edinburgh and these youngsters will be in the East. They will not be in uniform.

I know that for many this will be their first time at Easter Road, maybe even their first time at a football match. I know they are not all Hibbies – I’ve donated a couple of old Hibs tops (not mine I might add as they would be a bit large for even the largest of them!) to a couple of wee Pars fans.

If anyone has Hibs stuff, including flags, they would like to gift to these wee sojers and Airfix test pilots let me know and I can make arrangements to pass it on to them.

Thanks
:thumbsup:

wazoo1875
20-08-2010, 10:33 AM
I’ve been told that Hibs have somehow given a fairly large chunk of tickets to the Army and Air Force Cadets in Edinburgh and these youngsters will be in the East. They will not be in uniform.

I know that for many this will be their first time at Easter Road, maybe even their first time at a football match. I know they are not all Hibbies – I’ve donated a couple of old Hibs tops (not mine I might add as they would be a bit large for even the largest of them!) to a couple of wee Pars fans.

If anyone has Hibs stuff, including flags, they would like to gift to these wee sojers and Airfix test pilots let me know and I can make arrangements to pass it on to them.

Thanks
:thumbsup:

Nice gesture from the club Jack, sadly all my tops would be too big for them aswell, however i have a few scarves and would be willing to chuck a couple their way. I'm nightshift tonight and tomorrow though so not sure how to get them to you. I may be able to squeeze one pint in at the club before the game if yhats any use alternatively i can gie you them at the ground.

DCI Gene Hunt
20-08-2010, 10:48 AM
A nice gesture from Hibs. Does anyone know how many exactly are going?

Gene Genie was an "Airfix Test Pilot" in his younger days, happy times they were. :party: Always good to see civvies appreciate the teens in the cadet forces.

Guv

Ryan91
20-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Good job by Hibs, I was an RAF cadet for 4 years, most people saw it as a bit of a joke, and dropped out when they were told exactly what would happen, great experience though, especially loved the Flying, that was magic.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2010, 10:52 AM
While this is a great gesture, might some of these cadets not be Rangers fans? Seems to me a little strange the club go out their way to stop them coming in our end, then give free tickets out to people they dont know?:confused:

Ryan91
20-08-2010, 10:59 AM
If there are any Rangers fans amongst them I would hope they keep quiet and sit on their backsides and not cause any trouble.

marinello59
20-08-2010, 11:00 AM
While this is a great gesture, might some of these cadets not be Rangers fans? Seems to me a little strange the club go out their way to stop them coming in our end, then give free tickets out to people they dont know?:confused:

Behave, we're talking about kids getting in to a game free. Relax. Who really cares which team they follow.............or even follow follow. :greengrin

MrHibs1982
20-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Isn't a free ticket a good enough present for these guys without giving them more things and agree with you BH about how strict we are selling tickets to our own "fans" and hand them out to god knows who!!!

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Behave, we're talking about kids getting in to a game free. Relax. Who really cares which team they follow.............or even follow follow. :greengrin

Kids, ah. I thought that cadets meant the lot just before they become proper soldiers 16-18 year olds?

Ryan91
20-08-2010, 11:04 AM
They'll be between the ages of 14 and 18, Can't join Cadets until your 14.

sambajustice
20-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Somethings no right, i'm a Hibs fan, who wants to pay (over the odds) to go to this game but cant because i'm not on "the database" but Hibs will let loads of folk in for free who are not all Hibs fans, nevermind on the hallowed "database"?

Jack
20-08-2010, 11:15 AM

It was something I thought about too when I was told about this. Hibs dont know them but the Army will. I don’t know how they were dished out by the Forces admin, maybe they asked the mini huns not to bother, I just don’t know. No consolation that they are between 13 and 16 most of them. I suppose any mini huns that might be there will be well briefed to sit on their hands.

My whereabouts are unknown at the weekend although I know I’ll be at the game. There's also the

A new exhibition charting the history of the beautiful game in Scotland’s capital will be available to visit this Saturday for the first time. ‘The Changing Face of Easter Road’ is the latest exhibition created by The Hibernian Historical Trust.
I thought I’d visit Saturday afternoon.

Cheers wazoo1875, I’m back in the East on Sunday and would be able to collect and dish out then. Fairly easily recognisable at 6’ 4” new style Hibs top with a big number 12 and a JACK on the back, smiles a lot. Some folk would also add fat to that description! This is me too (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100419/season-ticket-done_2262950_2028974) :greengrin

marinello59
20-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Kids, ah. I thought that cadets meant the lot just before they become proper soldiers 16-18 year olds?

Ah, got you. That's the Junior Soldiers. The cadets are more like boy scouts with guns........although am guessing they wouldn't like to be described as such.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2010, 11:20 AM
It was something I thought about too when I was told about this. Hibs dont know them but the Army will. I don’t know how they were dished out by the Forces admin, maybe they asked the mini huns not to bother, I just don’t know. No consolation that they are between 13 and 16 most of them. I suppose any mini huns that might be there will be well briefed to sit on their hands.
[/COLOR]

Fair play Jack, i hope they have a great time? :thumbsup:

Jack
20-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Isn't a free ticket a good enough present for these guys without giving them more things and agree with you BH about how strict we are selling tickets to our own "fans" and hand them out to god knows who!!!

The free tickets was a gesture from Hibs. I thought it would be a nice gesture from the Hibs support to welcome these kids to the Hibs family.

Somethings no right, i'm a Hibs fan, who wants to pay (over the odds) to go to this game but cant because i'm not on "the database" but Hibs will let loads of folk in for free who are not all Hibs fans, nevermind on the hallowed "database"?

Sambajustice, to have avoided the database since its inception, or to have avoided it last year when you could have bought tickets ‘under the odds’ for the cup games, spending probably all of 20 minutes at the ticket office, is hardly the fault of the club.

I’d be absolutely stunned if you weren’t aware, over all the years when you could have been put on the database, that the purchase of at least one non-Cat A ticket (not walk up) was compulsory before you could get a ticket for a match like this. To whinge that you now cant and then having a go at the club for making a gesture like this, something many supporters have been saying the club should be doing more of, is nothing more than sour grapes on your part.

Beefster
20-08-2010, 12:24 PM

The cadets will be verifiable in other ways (i.e. by the adults that look after them or organisation that they're a part of). The club has no other way of verifying that you're not a Rangers fan and/or won't cause chaos.

Brooster
20-08-2010, 01:02 PM
A nice gesture from Hibs. Does anyone know how many exactly are going?
Gene Genie was an "Airfix Test Pilot" in his younger days, happy times they were. :party: Always good to see civvies appreciate the teens in the cadet forces.

Guv

Baw187
20-08-2010, 01:11 PM
The cadets will be verifiable in other ways (i.e. by the adults that look after them or organisation that they're a part of). The club has no other way of verifying that you're not a Rangers fan and/or won't cause chaos.

I can vouch that Sambajustice is defo a Hibby but couldn't vouch that he wouldn't cause chaos ! :greengrin

Therefore, dinnae ask me to get you a ticket, ya bam !

sambajustice
20-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I can vouch that Sambajustice is defo a Hibby but couldn't vouch that he wouldn't cause chaos ! :greengrin

:greengrin

I'm just gonna play fitba' on sunday instead! Hibs on the TV anyway!

Titch
20-08-2010, 01:36 PM

:agree: at least he was at school
and as for the chaos:faf::faf::faf:

MB62
20-08-2010, 01:48 PM
[Sambajustice, to have avoided the database since its inception, or to have avoided it last year when you could have bought tickets ‘under the odds’ for the cup games, spending probably all of 20 minutes at the ticket office, is hardly the fault of the club.

I’d be absolutely stunned if you weren’t aware, over all the years when you could have been put on the database, that the purchase of at least one non-Cat A ticket (not walk up) was compulsory before you could get a ticket for a match like this. To whinge that you now cant and then having a go at the club for making a gesture like this, something many supporters have been saying the club should be doing more of, is nothing more than sour grapes on your part.

Sambajustice was a past season ticket holder at ER and I know for a fact attended at LEAST ONE Cat B game last season, the St. Johnstone game we won early in the season. If you play fitba on a Saturday and/or Sunday it makes it difficult to get along to all the games.

I would say this is Hibs loss rather than Sambajustice, and maybe not just for one game either.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Sambajustice, to have avoided the database since its inception, or to have avoided it last year when you could have bought tickets ‘under the odds’ for the cup games, spending probably all of 20 minutes at the ticket office, is hardly the fault of the club.

Sambajustice was a past season ticket holder at ER and I know for a fact attended at LEAST ONE Cat B game last season, the St. Johnstone game we won early in the season. If you play fitba on a Saturday and/or Sunday it makes it difficult to get along to all the games.

I would say this is Hibs loss rather than Sambajustice, and maybe not just for one game either.[/QUOTE]

Would that not make him on the database?

wazoo1875
20-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Cheers wazoo1875, I’m back in the East on Sunday and would be able to collect and dish out then. Fairly easily recognisable at 6’ 4” new style Hibs top with a big number 12 and a JACK on the back, smiles a lot. Some folk would also add fat to that description! This is me too (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100419/season-ticket-done_2262950_2028974) :greengrin

No bother Jack , i will find you :agree: I used to be a tracker in the outback :greengrin

sambajustice
20-08-2010, 02:56 PM

I would say this is Hibs loss rather than Sambajustice, and maybe not just for one game either.

Would that not make him on the database?[/QUOTE]

I dont know how far the Database stretches back. The year i got a season ticket we got relegated!!! I was at St Johnstone, Montrose, Irvine and I think a.n other last year but always just paid at the turnstyle!

Its all very interesting stuff. I can see the thinking behind what Hibs are doing, I just think its overkill in trying to prevent trouble!

I just dont understand why I couldnt toddle along at 11-11.30 on sunday morning and pick up a ticket without having to be on some database. If thats the rules though , nowt much I can do!

Gmack7
20-08-2010, 03:05 PM
they are not all cadets,my mates 29 year old has been given tickets by the army and he,s getting one

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Would that not make him on the database?

I dont know how far the Database stretches back. The year i got a season ticket we got relegated!!! I was at St Johnstone, Montrose, Irvine and I think a.n other last year but always just paid at the turnstyle!

Its all very interesting stuff. I can see the thinking behind what Hibs are doing, I just think its overkill in trying to prevent trouble!

I just dont understand why I couldnt toddle along at 11-11.30 on sunday morning and pick up a ticket without having to be on some database. If thats the rules though , nowt much I can do![/QUOTE]

I don't know the answer, but a 2 minute phone call would save all this message board tosh, and you would find out whether you are or are not on the database.:wink:

marinello59
20-08-2010, 03:26 PM
they are not all cadets,my mates 29 year old has been given tickets by the army and he,s getting one

Isn't that an ongoing campaign that all the SPL clubs are taking part in? I seem to remember something about it on the Official Site last season.

hibeenicol
20-08-2010, 07:11 PM
I think it's brilliant hibs are giving away tkts to the kids for this game or any other game to fill the stand. Hopefully they continue it throughout the season by giving them to schools, kids football teams even old folks homes, it all gets folk interested in our club.

I also think they should maybe pick 30 people off the database at random and give them a ticket as well, obviously do this with a few days to go till kick off as most people will have their tkts by then. They could make it you only win one game a season free but it gives folk a reason to get on the database, if you have a chance of getting a free tkt at some point through the season.

Just an idea.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-08-2010, 08:06 AM
forward thinking, dishing out freebies to young Huns:grr:

Beefster
21-08-2010, 08:09 AM
forward thinking, dishing out freebies to young Huns:grr:

Hibs fans don't join the cadets/armed forces?