PDA

View Full Version : SLR Cameras

ruthven_raiders
20-08-2010, 09:16 AM
think this question was asked a while ago, but just checking, we should be ok to bring our SLR cameras for sunday? taking my 5 year old son and what a few cool pics with him and new east stand:thumbsup:thumbsup: but i know what some stewards are like:wink:

Antifa Hibs
20-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Doubt it to be honest mate. Sure I read something along the lines off 'No professional photography equipment allowed'. Best bet would be a normal digi cam or a mobile phone.

KingFranck
20-08-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm in the same situation mate I want to take my Toshiba camcorder (it's about the size of a phone) to capture the atmosphere of he opening of the stand. Any chance the stewards will take it off me ??

Antifa Hibs
20-08-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm in the same situation mate I want to take my Toshiba camcorder (it's about the size of a phone) to capture the atmosphere of he opening of the stand. Any chance the stewards will take it off me ??

If its the size of a mobile phone, I very much doubt it. Take it and put it on Youtube for us :wink:

KingFranck
20-08-2010, 09:36 AM
If its the size of a mobile phone, I very much doubt it. Take it and put it on Youtube for us :wink:

The camera has that facilty on it ! directly upload to You Tube so watch this space!:thumbsup:

Walter
20-08-2010, 10:05 AM

They will ask you to stop using it, and will probably give you two chances before taking it off you to collect at the end.

That's probably only if their supervisor is watching them anyway!

sleeping giant
20-08-2010, 10:12 AM
A poster normally posts his pictures after the game and he uses a SLR IIRC.
Can't even remember his name. Carleena Hibs or something ?????
Takes his pics from the West stand.

Disc O'Dave
20-08-2010, 10:22 AM
think this question was asked a while ago, but just checking, we should be ok to bring our SLR cameras for sunday? taking my 5 year old son and what a few cool pics with him and new east stand:thumbsup:thumbsup: but i know what some stewards are like:wink:

I'm certainly taking mine.

I wouldn't normally - and in the past I have heard of stewards asking people with SLR's not to take photos, whist leaving those with compacts to snap away (even though the compacts probably have bigger zooms on them anyway)

However, I took it in for the last day of the old East, and the PC and steward at the gate said it was ok, as long as it wasn't a spanner. I took it to the West Stand for the Maribor game, and while a steward stopped me, it was because he thought it was a bag (it has an all-over soft cover), and I told him it was to get a few shots of the new East Stand. He seemed ok with that.

I guess if you take a standard lens, and aren't obviously taking pictures of the action whilst the game is underway, you should be alright......

Dave

Niffy
20-08-2010, 11:04 AM
On a (slightly) similar note , I mindy yeeeears ago buying a .22 Webley air pistol at the wee shop that used to be on the corner of the V block... then sticking it down the front off my jeans , not thinking about the legalities etc...

Got to the turnstiles and realised "what the fk am I doing , I just bought a gun??!!"
Paniced and told the guy on the turny , and he handed me over to a polis who actually quite nicely took it off me for safe keeping til after the game.

Widny try that now adays.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2010, 11:11 AM
On a (slightly) similar note , I mindy yeeeears ago buying a .22 Webley air pistol at the wee shop that used to be on the corner of the V block... then sticking it down the front off my jeans , not thinking about the legalities etc...

Got to the turnstiles and realised "what the fk am I doing , I just bought a gun??!!"
Paniced and told the guy on the turny , and he handed me over to a polis who actually quite nicely took it off me for safe keeping til after the game.

If you still have it, bring it on Sunday and if you are in the new east stand, aim it left and fire away. If anyone pulls you up, just tell them i said it was ok. :wink:

OtterHibee
20-08-2010, 12:42 PM
I asked that very question of the club prior to the Maribor game, however had it clarified that SLRs are definitely NOT permitted on matchdays in accordance with ground regulations.

I agree completely with Dave re: his point about the focal/zoom range of modern compacts in comparison with SLRs, but I personally wouldn't chance it, particularly out of respect for the club after certain opportunities they have granted me.

I'm just having to settle with my old compact, which is a shame as I have the perfect vantage point from my seat in the West.

hibernator
20-08-2010, 01:27 PM

Good to see you put a higher value on your own "piece" nowadays :cb

we are hibs
20-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I asked that very question of the club prior to the Maribor game, however had it clarified that SLRs are definitely NOT permitted on matchdays in accordance with ground regulations.

I agree completely with Dave re: his point about the focal/zoom range of modern compacts in comparison with SLRs, but I personally wouldn't chance it, particularly out of respect for the club after certain opportunities they have granted me.

I'm just having to settle with my old compact, which is a shame as I have the perfect vantage point from my seat in the West.

so mobile will do

James70
20-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Bit of a grey area I think. I usually take a small compact camera with a 10x zoom to games but it isn't very good for action shots so the stewards turn a blind eye. However I have seen someone with an SLR being politely told by a steward not to take photos of the game. I would guess it would be ok as long as you stick to non action shots, ie photos of the new stand or Colin Nish!

Carheenlea
20-08-2010, 07:03 PM
A poster normally posts his pictures after the game and he uses a SLR IIRC.
Can't even remember his name. Carleena Hibs or something ?????
Takes his pics from the West stand.

Yes, I took my SLR along to a few games early last season and never encountered any problems with over officious stewards. Took it to Hamilton and Fir Park last season and likewise no problems.

As others have said, it seems that SLR cameras are not allowed, and if that`s the rules then so be it. Of course, offensive/sectarian chanting, smoking, standing up etc are all against the rules as well, but to some jobsworth desperate to act the official, someone quietly taking pictures would be an easy target before tackling other "rules breaches" which will no doubt be taking place in the stadium on Sunday.

I have a new toy anyway, the wife bought me a wee flip recorder for an anniversary gift so will be capturing footage of the new East stand debut on that instead!

sleeping giant
20-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Yes, I took my SLR along to a few games early last season and never encountered any problems with over officious stewards. Took it to Hamilton and Fir Park last season and likewise no problems.

As others have said, it seems that SLR cameras are not allowed, and if that`s the rules then so be it. Of course, offensive/sectarian chanting, smoking, standing up etc are all against the rules as well, but to some jobsworth desperate to act the official, someone quietly taking pictures would be an easy target before tackling other "rules breaches" which will no doubt be taking place in the stadium on Sunday.

I have a new toy anyway, the wife bought me a wee flip recorder for an anniversary gift so will be capturing footage of the new East stand debut on that instead!

Mind and take a few of the FF lower just left of the goals from where you sit :greengrin